Skip to content

Pettine might wait another game to name starter.

The Browns Board
52 35 2.4k
  • B BrownsFanatic wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Hoyer is nothing special either just throw manziel to the fire.

  • B BrownsFanatic wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Hoyer is 5 seasons in and if he was any good he should be tearing up the preseason like a beast. Let manziel get going with the ones, he played 2 games and it isn't clear hoyer is better, than manziel should get the job.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #44

    I feel like l've been brow beaten to the point that l don't care who it is, but l agree they gotta pick a guy and they gotta do it now.

    Let whoever it is get lots and lots and lots of work from now until the season starts.

    That was my biggest concern going into this season was too much newness happening with the offense. Recipe for a slow start.

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    They both suck

    so why does it matter

  • F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
    #46

    Can I get an analysis of the first play? What happened exactly? It looks like the ball was snapped by Mack before it should have been. It caught Hoyer and Swartz off-guard. Whatever did occur, if I'm Pettine, I'd be royally pissed by the lack of execution and coordination on the first play. I'd also be pissed at receivers for dropped balls (a problem all pre-season) and with both QB's throws as they were behind, too low, completely off target or lacking a tight spiral. Ask anyone who's played the game, a wobbly pass is 10X harder to catch, especially if it's a hard throw.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    I can't believe how much hate for Manziel there is from Browns fans.... He's our first round rookie QB... we should be excited. I guess maybe it's a good thing...

  • I can't believe how much hate for Manziel there is from Browns fans.... He's our first round rookie QB... we should be excited. I guess maybe it's a good thing...

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @thenew23 said:

    I can't believe how much hate for Manziel there is from Browns fans.... He's our first round rookie QB... we should be excited. I guess maybe it's a good thing...

    +1

    WSS

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @douche-nozzle said:

    You're really quite delusional.

    It's obvious that you don't pay attention to anything outside of the shithole you love when it comes to NFL football. Our defense has had a strong influx of youth and either way will handle the Browns as they normally do. History supports those facts!

    They have an influx of youth. If it will be strong is yet to be determined. Besides:

    History said that the Seattle Seahawks never won a thing. What is their status right now? Oh yes, NFL champs.

    History said no African-American was ever President. Let's see....who is President now?

    History had the US fighting major wars with Germany and Japan....who are now our closest allies.

    History is fine to study......but it is not an accurate predictor of the future. Let history be and let the present and the future take care of itself.

    I guess being a Browns fan you have to see bad media as being okay, since that's all you get. History supports those facts.

    The Steelers have a 50 year waiting list for season tickets. Funny.......roughly the length of time it's been since the Browns won a championship. History supports those facts.

    See, history cuts both ways. History supports the fact that if the Steelers don't do well their fans stay away in droves. Pittsburgh is a fair weather fan city. History supports that.

    Don't be a dipshit! You support that fact.

  • I can't believe how much hate for Manziel there is from Browns fans.... He's our first round rookie QB... we should be excited. I guess maybe it's a good thing...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @thenew23 said:

    I can't believe how much hate for Manziel there is from Browns fans.... He's our first round rookie QB... we should be excited. I guess maybe it's a good thing...

    No hate... just pacing myself by holding off until he does something exciting... on an NFL field...

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #51

    You poor dumb bastard1 You actually do believe your own bull shit don't you?

    This isn't religion, this is football. These are pure fact. There is no belief or disbelief. Sorry you don't like the facts, but even I cannot change them. I only reported them.

  • BradyBunchBustB BradyBunchBust wrote on last edited by
    #52

    I wanna see Johnny start a game to see how and what he does with the first team as a starter and how he could possibly set a rhythm. But Hoyer is still the better qb for week one