Schwartz..
-
But sir, what about your ring? Don't you have the Schwartz, too?
Naw, he got the upside, I got the downside. See, there's two sides to every Schwartz.
-
If he's that good then we win some games and rely on Buffalo to get us high in the draft. If not then we likely get two real high. It's a win-win in the long run.
If he's that good then we win some games and rely on Buffalo to get us high in the draft. If not then we likely get two real high. It's a win-win in the long run.
So? You think it is all on the shoulders of the Right Tackle, eh?
-
i know it's preseason. man, don't we all. i remember years back we were great in preseason and absolutely stunk it up when it came time to play for real.
BUT
if you're good, you're good, be it in may or friggin october. if you're a star you shine all the time. you don't just flip a switch and all of a sudden you go from dud to stud.
i'm sorry schwartz has shown me nothing. like i said to me he's got this year to prove himself. call me a glass half empty type of guy cuz i just don't see it. if he performs like this during the reg season they'll be flying in dudes in wheelchairs to stick on the right side.
let me be wrong. please. it won't be the first or last time that's for sure. but i ain't blind, not yet.
-
Looks like we just signed 2 OL's.....and one is a RG.....so, no matter how confident the Browns said they were.....not really...
Here it is:
BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns on Monday were awarded OL Karim Barton and OL Donald Hawkins via waivers from Philadelphia. General Manager Ray Farmer made the announcement.
Barton is a 6-3, 313-pound rookie out of Morgan State. Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Philadelphia on May 10, Barton played as a reserve in all three of the Eagles’ preseason games. After transferring from Canyons Junior College, Barton started nine of 11 games at right tackle for Morgan State. Originally from Jamaica, Barton graduated from Verdugo Hills High School in Los Angeles.
Hawkins is 6-4, 310-pound rookie out of Texas. Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Philadelphia on May 10, Hawkins played as a reserve in all three of the Eagles’ preseason games. After transferring from Northwest Community College, Hawkins started 24 of his 25 games at Texas. Born in Memphis, Tenn., Hawkins graduated from Rosa Fort High School in Tunica, Miss. -
Looks like we just signed 2 OL's.....and one is a RG.....so, no matter how confident the Browns said they were.....not really...
Here it is:
BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns on Monday were awarded OL Karim Barton and OL Donald Hawkins via waivers from Philadelphia. General Manager Ray Farmer made the announcement.
Barton is a 6-3, 313-pound rookie out of Morgan State. Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Philadelphia on May 10, Barton played as a reserve in all three of the Eagles’ preseason games. After transferring from Canyons Junior College, Barton started nine of 11 games at right tackle for Morgan State. Originally from Jamaica, Barton graduated from Verdugo Hills High School in Los Angeles.
Hawkins is 6-4, 310-pound rookie out of Texas. Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Philadelphia on May 10, Hawkins played as a reserve in all three of the Eagles’ preseason games. After transferring from Northwest Community College, Hawkins started 24 of his 25 games at Texas. Born in Memphis, Tenn., Hawkins graduated from Rosa Fort High School in Tunica, Miss.Looks like we just signed 2 OL's.....and one is a RG.....so, no matter how confident the Browns said they were.....not really...
Here it is:
BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns on Monday were awarded OL Karim Barton and OL Donald Hawkins via waivers from Philadelphia. General Manager Ray Farmer made the announcement.
Barton is a 6-3, 313-pound rookie out of Morgan State. Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Philadelphia on May 10, Barton played as a reserve in all three of the Eagles’ preseason games. After transferring from Canyons Junior College, Barton started nine of 11 games at right tackle for Morgan State. Originally from Jamaica, Barton graduated from Verdugo Hills High School in Los Angeles.
Hawkins is 6-4, 310-pound rookie out of Texas. Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Philadelphia on May 10, Hawkins played as a reserve in all three of the Eagles’ preseason games. After transferring from Northwest Community College, Hawkins started 24 of his 25 games at Texas. Born in Memphis, Tenn., Hawkins graduated from Rosa Fort High School in Tunica, Miss.
cast offs from another team, probably will be part of our final cuts also.
-
Philly has a pretty good o-line. So they could be castoffs who could compete for starting spots here. Who knows.
-
Schwartz is a PC of shit
-
-
Go back and watch his feet on every play. He has no quickness to them whatsoever. He's more suited to guard. Right now we don't have the solution at RT.
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
-
Go back and watch his feet on every play. He has no quickness to them whatsoever. He's more suited to guard. Right now we don't have the solution at RT.
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
On the other hand we do tend to change either ownership, front office, coaching, quarterback, offensive scheme, and defense every few months so continuity isn't really all that its cracked up to be.

WSS
-
Go back and watch his feet on every play. He has no quickness to them whatsoever. He's more suited to guard. Right now we don't have the solution at RT.
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
sure, why not?
people used to scoff at taking OL in the first round. now they're taken in the top 5. granted those are LTs but each position on the OL is important. just to have a LT and a C mean dick. i remember when corners and receivers were 'not' supposed to be taken in the first as well. i'm not saying use a top ten pick on a RT but if the best all around tackle than can play either side is available and our QB situation has been figured out and WRs are squared away what's the next biggest concern? fuggin right tackle. (unless of course schwartz 'finishes' strong again this year...........what the last 3 games?)
i say you got a hole, plug it.
-
Go back and watch his feet on every play. He has no quickness to them whatsoever. He's more suited to guard. Right now we don't have the solution at RT.
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
Actually that is exactly what I would do. If someone is going to cost 2-3 games a year because he starts slow, then trade him off AFTER upgrading with a 1st rounder. No real contender can afford slow starters with slow feet.
-
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
Actually that is exactly what I would do. If someone is going to cost 2-3 games a year because he starts slow, then trade him off AFTER upgrading with a 1st rounder. No real contender can afford slow starters with slow feet.
Actually that is exactly what I would do. If someone is going to cost 2-3 games a year because he starts slow, then trade him off AFTER upgrading with a 1st rounder. No real contender can afford slow starters with slow feet.
It looks like a couple of huge assumptions there: Schwartz will cost us 2-3 games if he starts slowly??? No one could predict something like that. So thats ridiculous assumption #1. And drafting a new RG in the first round will be an upgrade??? Really? Says who? Could be a total bust. So thats ridiculous assumption #2.
Schwartz WAS a high draft choice, has started from day one and is only starting his third season now. O lines take time to gel. O linemen take time to develop. Give him a chance to grow. I think he'll be fine.
-
Actually that is exactly what I would do. If someone is going to cost 2-3 games a year because he starts slow, then trade him off AFTER upgrading with a 1st rounder. No real contender can afford slow starters with slow feet.
It looks like a couple of huge assumptions there: Schwartz will cost us 2-3 games if he starts slowly??? No one could predict something like that. So thats ridiculous assumption #1. And drafting a new RG in the first round will be an upgrade??? Really? Says who? Could be a total bust. So thats ridiculous assumption #2.
Schwartz WAS a high draft choice, has started from day one and is only starting his third season now. O lines take time to gel. O linemen take time to develop. Give him a chance to grow. I think he'll be fine.
It looks like a couple of huge assumptions there: Schwartz will cost us 2-3 games if he starts slowly??? No one could predict something like that. So thats ridiculous assumption #1. And drafting a new RG in the first round will be an upgrade??? Really? Says who? Could be a total bust. So thats ridiculous assumption #2.
Schwartz WAS a high draft choice, has started from day one and is only starting his third season now. O lines take time to gel. O linemen take time to develop. Give him a chance to grow. I think he'll be fine.
you would draft a RG to come in and compete, not just trade schwartz away because as browns fans we all know how shitty some draft picks can turn out.
-
Bucs just got mankins from NE, so maybe no incognito. Worth a visit?
-
gotta lay the runway with some mankins.
-
or what manzealots wipe their mouth with after......
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login