Schwartz..
-
Go back and watch his feet on every play. He has no quickness to them whatsoever. He's more suited to guard. Right now we don't have the solution at RT.
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
-
Go back and watch his feet on every play. He has no quickness to them whatsoever. He's more suited to guard. Right now we don't have the solution at RT.
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
On the other hand we do tend to change either ownership, front office, coaching, quarterback, offensive scheme, and defense every few months so continuity isn't really all that its cracked up to be.

WSS
-
Go back and watch his feet on every play. He has no quickness to them whatsoever. He's more suited to guard. Right now we don't have the solution at RT.
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
sure, why not?
people used to scoff at taking OL in the first round. now they're taken in the top 5. granted those are LTs but each position on the OL is important. just to have a LT and a C mean dick. i remember when corners and receivers were 'not' supposed to be taken in the first as well. i'm not saying use a top ten pick on a RT but if the best all around tackle than can play either side is available and our QB situation has been figured out and WRs are squared away what's the next biggest concern? fuggin right tackle. (unless of course schwartz 'finishes' strong again this year...........what the last 3 games?)
i say you got a hole, plug it.
-
Go back and watch his feet on every play. He has no quickness to them whatsoever. He's more suited to guard. Right now we don't have the solution at RT.
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
Actually that is exactly what I would do. If someone is going to cost 2-3 games a year because he starts slow, then trade him off AFTER upgrading with a 1st rounder. No real contender can afford slow starters with slow feet.
-
I get it... you've never watched the Browns until the last 3 preseason games. I hope you don't mind if I value your opinion about as highly as I value used toilet paper...
He has started rough and finished well the past 2 seasons. Hopefully his rough start is out of his system. It's not easy to upgrade Schwartz, unless you want to use a 1st round pick on a RT...
Actually that is exactly what I would do. If someone is going to cost 2-3 games a year because he starts slow, then trade him off AFTER upgrading with a 1st rounder. No real contender can afford slow starters with slow feet.
Actually that is exactly what I would do. If someone is going to cost 2-3 games a year because he starts slow, then trade him off AFTER upgrading with a 1st rounder. No real contender can afford slow starters with slow feet.
It looks like a couple of huge assumptions there: Schwartz will cost us 2-3 games if he starts slowly??? No one could predict something like that. So thats ridiculous assumption #1. And drafting a new RG in the first round will be an upgrade??? Really? Says who? Could be a total bust. So thats ridiculous assumption #2.
Schwartz WAS a high draft choice, has started from day one and is only starting his third season now. O lines take time to gel. O linemen take time to develop. Give him a chance to grow. I think he'll be fine.
-
Actually that is exactly what I would do. If someone is going to cost 2-3 games a year because he starts slow, then trade him off AFTER upgrading with a 1st rounder. No real contender can afford slow starters with slow feet.
It looks like a couple of huge assumptions there: Schwartz will cost us 2-3 games if he starts slowly??? No one could predict something like that. So thats ridiculous assumption #1. And drafting a new RG in the first round will be an upgrade??? Really? Says who? Could be a total bust. So thats ridiculous assumption #2.
Schwartz WAS a high draft choice, has started from day one and is only starting his third season now. O lines take time to gel. O linemen take time to develop. Give him a chance to grow. I think he'll be fine.
It looks like a couple of huge assumptions there: Schwartz will cost us 2-3 games if he starts slowly??? No one could predict something like that. So thats ridiculous assumption #1. And drafting a new RG in the first round will be an upgrade??? Really? Says who? Could be a total bust. So thats ridiculous assumption #2.
Schwartz WAS a high draft choice, has started from day one and is only starting his third season now. O lines take time to gel. O linemen take time to develop. Give him a chance to grow. I think he'll be fine.
you would draft a RG to come in and compete, not just trade schwartz away because as browns fans we all know how shitty some draft picks can turn out.
-
Bucs just got mankins from NE, so maybe no incognito. Worth a visit?
-
gotta lay the runway with some mankins.
-
or what manzealots wipe their mouth with after......
-
-
the attached thumbnail of you with your legs shaved wearing stockings and heels says it all.
those are steeler colors you turncoat queen.
-
Actually that is exactly what I would do. If someone is going to cost 2-3 games a year because he starts slow, then trade him off AFTER upgrading with a 1st rounder. No real contender can afford slow starters with slow feet.
It looks like a couple of huge assumptions there: Schwartz will cost us 2-3 games if he starts slowly??? No one could predict something like that. So thats ridiculous assumption #1. And drafting a new RG in the first round will be an upgrade??? Really? Says who? Could be a total bust. So thats ridiculous assumption #2.
Schwartz WAS a high draft choice, has started from day one and is only starting his third season now. O lines take time to gel. O linemen take time to develop. Give him a chance to grow. I think he'll be fine.
It looks like a couple of huge assumptions there: Schwartz will cost us 2-3 games if he starts slowly??? No one could predict something like that. So thats ridiculous assumption #1. And drafting a new RG in the first round will be an upgrade??? Really? Says who? Could be a total bust. So thats ridiculous assumption #
1. The Browns are going to be in tight games most of the season. 2 big drive killing sacks over the RT will lose a game. If he does that in 2-3 games then it is easily predictable that they lose those 2-3.
2. I want a 1st round draft of a RT, not a RG. This team has too many guards masquerading as OT's.
-
VesnaKociper said:
Douche Nozzle's retort to Zomblow was a CLASSIC.............
If preseason is for mistakes, then this has been a successful preseason.
I don't know how the Browns do it, but regardless of the faces and names changing, the draft results are always the same.
Our top picks blow, and we celebrate getting a decent non-skilled 'decent player".
Schwartz is the classic lardass lineman. We need to draft MORE linemen with our high picks. I think the Browns should forever more ONLY draft offensive linemen.
Manziel is a bust, Pettine is a bust. Same old crap... slow releasing QB, stinky WRs and dink and dump play calling.
Horrible.
-
Well this seems an appropriate place for the Deadspin article on Browns. Have a chuckle.
I'll add this one on the squealers too.
http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-pittsburgh-steelers-1625613194
-
It looks like a couple of huge assumptions there: Schwartz will cost us 2-3 games if he starts slowly??? No one could predict something like that. So thats ridiculous assumption #1. And drafting a new RG in the first round will be an upgrade??? Really? Says who? Could be a total bust. So thats ridiculous assumption #
1. The Browns are going to be in tight games most of the season. 2 big drive killing sacks over the RT will lose a game. If he does that in 2-3 games then it is easily predictable that they lose those 2-3.
2. I want a 1st round draft of a RT, not a RG. This team has too many guards masquerading as OT's.
1. The Browns are going to be in tight games most of the season. 2 big drive killing sacks over the RT will lose a game. If he does that in 2-3 games then it is easily predictable that they lose those 2-3.
2. I want a 1st round draft of a RT, not a RG. This team has too many guards masquerading as OT's.
1) But Schwartz hasn't given up 2 big drive killing sacks ever, so why would he now?? His first 2 years he averaged well below 1 a game. So, while it's possible, it's still a huge assumption by you and not based on any history or real facts from his past production.
2) And again, a first round anything guarantees you nothing. Assuming we waste ANOTHER high pick on a RT, what makes you KNOW he will be better than Schwartz or Bowie?? And should we burn a first round pick before we even see what Bowie has to offer?
Player Team Sacks Allowed
Bobby Massie ARI 8.5
D'Anthony Batiste ARI 7
Tyson Clabo ATL 5.5
Jeromey Clary SD 4
T.J. Lang GB 4
Joe Staley SF 4
Marshall Newhouse GB 4
Barry Richardson STL 4
Leroy Harris TEN 3.5
Manny Ramirez DEN 3.5
Anthony Castonzo IND 3.5
Harvey Dahl STL 3
Adam Snyder ARI 3
Quinn Ojinnaka STL 3 J
effrey Linkenbach IND 3
Kelichi Osemele BAL 3
Mitchell Schwartz CLE 3
Bryan Bulaga GB 3
Michael Harris SD 3
Zach Strief NO 2.5
Guy Whimper JAC 2.5
Michael Roos TEN 2.5
Mackenzy Bernadeau DAL 2.5
Cameron Bradfield JAC 2.5
Willie Smith OAK 2.5
Todd McClure ATL 2.5
Above is a list published after 6 games showing the BEST PERFORMING tackles in the game. Take note of # 10. This is based upon sacks and not some lame survey or opinion. So, if he allowed only 3 sacks in the first 6 games, how will he suddenly allow 2-3 sacks PER game???
You're making ASSumptions.
-
I hope he proves to be as good as you think. I just have huge doubts. One of us will be wrong and I really hope for Hoyers' sake it proves to be me. We'll certainly find out during those first 3 games. One hellofatest that's one thing for sure.
-
take a look at GB's Lang and Newhouse
fucking revolving doors with 4 each? lol
do you think they (GB) are worried? NOT ONE BIT....
-
VesnaKociper said:
Douche Nozzle's retort to Zomblow was a CLASSIC.............
If preseason is for mistakes, then this has been a successful preseason.
I don't know how the Browns do it, but regardless of the faces and names changing, the draft results are always the same.
Our top picks blow, and we celebrate getting a decent non-skilled 'decent player".
Schwartz is the classic lardass lineman. We need to draft MORE linemen with our high picks. I think the Browns should forever more ONLY draft offensive linemen.
Manziel is a bust, Pettine is a bust. Same old crap... slow releasing QB, stinky WRs and dink and dump play calling.
Horrible.
Why do you have a thumbnail like that on a football board? What's the point? Is that your wife or g/f? Why have that here?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login