Mingo
-
nobody double teamed Kruger last year..he got handled 1v1 the whole season. Those 4.5 sacks are on him. He did pressure qb's with his bulrush last year, he did do that. But he couldn't go around tackles for shit last year. This year, so far, some adjustment was made...he seems to be swimming and ripping better. Frankly I wouldn't mind if this sunday he did to Blt's RT what he did to Oher last year...he bullrushed him into Flacco's lap all day. We need that again Sunday...only this year it would be nice if our secondary jumped the short routes like we were able to do against Brees.
-
nobody double teamed Kruger last year..he got handled 1v1 the whole season. Those 4.5 sacks are on him. He did pressure qb's with his bulrush last year, he did do that. But he couldn't go around tackles for shit last year. This year, so far, some adjustment was made...he seems to be swimming and ripping better. Frankly I wouldn't mind if this sunday he did to Blt's RT what he did to Oher last year...he bullrushed him into Flacco's lap all day. We need that again Sunday...only this year it would be nice if our secondary jumped the short routes like we were able to do against Brees.
He did pressure qb's with his bulrush last year, he did do that. But he couldn't go around tackles for shit last year. This year, so far, some adjustment was made...he seems to be swimming and ripping better.
Exactly what I was going to reply to Mike's post. Krug's has an extra helping of quick and technique he simply did not show last year.
Add to Krug's sack total an assist on Gipson's pick 6. Kruger crossed up the Saints' LT with an inside rip that put him in Brees' face encouraging the high overthrow. It was pretty.
-
I'm starting to get very worried about this guy
-
Too small!!'n gets shoved around every play
-
I'm starting to get very worried about this guy
I'm starting to get very worried about this guy
I think by mid season, if he does not improve, he can officially be declared a bust........and the entire Lombardi draft history here can be declared a bust.......and why would that be a surprise to anyone?
-
He's all over the field but never where he should be. Never the guy making the initial tackle. Gets pushed around. He was the "freak athlete" pick like JPP. At least JPP had one good year.
Not ready to give up on him yet, but he's been really disappointing so far.
-
I questioned Mingo's tackling (or lack of) prior to the draft & I have seen literally NO improvement. At this point, I tend to agree with Gipper, but I don't agree with many about his lack of strength & size as he is 6'5" 241 lbs. Conversely, Jack Lambert was 6'4" & 220 lbs. Mingo is simply a HORRIBLE tackler, a "grabber", & arm tackles won't stop anybody in the NFL. I love his athleticism, but he HAS to improve his technique.
Just an old guy's opinion.
Mike
-
For me I see a lack of discipline. He's starting year 2 of a new position he literally never saw at LSU. So instead of playing within himself and the defense, he's constantly in attack mode to make up for the fact he's accustomed to making plays.
It's extremely difficult to play your entire career with your hand in the ground and told to either get after the ball carrier or get after the QB - compared to now, where he's being asked to maintain a cut back cap assignment, not get too far upfield, read for a check down leak and drop into a flat or curl zone.
For anyone that was expecting consistent play before year 3, then you've honestly never seen DE's jump from college to the pro.
The only reason Von miller was so successful early on is that he was accustomed to the joker position at A&M. Aldon Smith mostly had his hand in the ground and was a total liability against the run his first two years. I see those same traits with Mingo. It takes time. Lots of time.
-
why are we grading Mingo on tackling? All OLB'ers in the 3-4 will make the tackles from behind because that's the position their put in. Kruger's been doing the same why is no one thinking about that? If you're an OLB'er and doing your job in run defense, you've held up at the point and if the runner goes to the outside you lunge at him to push him wide, if he goes inside you release off your blocker and try to dive at his back. Just trip him up in some way. OLB'ers are not expected to meet the runners in the hole, why are all of you missing that? You know who's responsibility it is to meet the runners in the hole and blow them up? The ILB'ers...which on our team mean Karlos Dansby and Christian Kirksey. Both of whom have been getting gashed by RB's so far this season. I'd let it slide if the name Adrian Peterson or Jamaal Charles was in there somewhere...but we've had 2nd, 3rd and annoyingly, a 4th stringer last sunday, blow us the fuck up. Dansby is not who we hoped he would be up to this point. So far DQ is having a better season in Indy it looks like, and I don't think that defense is as loaded as ours is..especially with Mathis out.
-
He's all over the field but never where he should be. Never the guy making the initial tackle. Gets pushed around. He was the "freak athlete" pick like JPP. At least JPP had one good year.
Not ready to give up on him yet, but he's been really disappointing so far.
He's all over the field but never where he should be. Never the guy making the initial tackle. Gets pushed around. He was the "freak athlete" pick like JPP. At least JPP had one good year.
Not ready to give up on him yet, but he's been really disappointing so far.
You are correct. He can get ANYWHERE on the field with his atheltic ability. But the teams we face use that against him. He seems like he has NOOOOOOOOOO idea what a defensive concept is. He lamost plays "kill the guy with the ball" But in the NFL the guy with the ball is usauly going the other way
-
well get the trade thing outta your head cuz pettine and o'brien coveted this guy when they were in buffallo so.......
the whole new scheme thing every other year has got to have a negative effect on everyone.
why does it have to be a specific scheme? let these guys play where and how they feel comfortable.
quit trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
-
well get the trade thing outta your head cuz pettine and o'brien coveted this guy when they were in buffallo so.......
the whole new scheme thing every other year has got to have a negative effect on everyone.
why does it have to be a specific scheme? let these guys play where and how they feel comfortable.
quit trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
well get the trade thing outta your head cuz pettine and o'brien coveted this guy when they were in buffallo so.......
the whole new scheme thing every other year has got to have a negative effect on everyone.
why does it have to be a specific scheme? let these guys play where and how they feel comfortable.
quit trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
What hole does Mingo fill?
He is obviously NOT doing well in the defense we are running now. And he didn't work well in the defense they ran last year
-
ok trade him for what? one year under chud (who suckz ballz) and 3 games under pettine and the guy's a bum?
c'mon man.
-
ok trade him for what? one year under chud (who suckz ballz) and 3 games under pettine and the guy's a bum?
c'mon man.
-
I questioned Mingo's tackling (or lack of) prior to the draft & I have seen literally NO improvement. At this point, I tend to agree with Gipper, but I don't agree with many about his lack of strength & size as he is 6'5" 241 lbs. Conversely, Jack Lambert was 6'4" & 220 lbs. Mingo is simply a HORRIBLE tackler, a "grabber", & arm tackles won't stop anybody in the NFL. I love his athleticism, but he HAS to improve his technique.
Just an old guy's opinion.
Mike
Just an old guy's opinion.
The best kind of opinions...
IMO...
You are correct. He can get ANYWHERE on the field with his atheltic ability.
For me I see a lack of discipline.
The only reason Von miller was so successful early on is that he was accustomed to the joker position at A&M.
Agree on the discipline angle. I doubt Les asked him to do much at LSU beyond raise hell and react.
While I think Mingo is "athletic", he earns that description due to his speed and acceleration.
I think Miller makes for an interesting comparison. I think Von came into the league stronger and better proportioned with more agility than Mingo. I think Von's agility makes him the better athelete.
Both players had similar combine results in dash times (identical at 10 yds), identical verticals and close standing broads. So if you believe in those things, both are close in "explosiveness".
But Von smoked Barky in the shuttle and came close to doing the same in the 3-cone. I think the agility these show has led Von to greater early success in the NFL as much as anything.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70987&draftyear=2011&genpos=olb
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89707&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB
-
His attempt at a spin move to get to Flacco on Sunday was embarrassing, was on his arse within seconds. Weak as shit!
-
insanity.
you have all lost your minds.
-
why are we grading Mingo on tackling? All OLB'ers in the 3-4 will make the tackles from behind because that's the position their put in. Kruger's been doing the same why is no one thinking about that? If you're an OLB'er and doing your job in run defense, you've held up at the point and if the runner goes to the outside you lunge at him to push him wide, if he goes inside you release off your blocker and try to dive at his back. Just trip him up in some way. OLB'ers are not expected to meet the runners in the hole, why are all of you missing that? You know who's responsibility it is to meet the runners in the hole and blow them up? The ILB'ers...which on our team mean Karlos Dansby and Christian Kirksey. Both of whom have been getting gashed by RB's so far this season. I'd let it slide if the name Adrian Peterson or Jamaal Charles was in there somewhere...but we've had 2nd, 3rd and annoyingly, a 4th stringer last sunday, blow us the fuck up. Dansby is not who we hoped he would be up to this point. So far DQ is having a better season in Indy it looks like, and I don't think that defense is as loaded as ours is..especially with Mathis out.
why are we grading Mingo on tackling? All OLB'ers in the 3-4 will make the tackles from behind because that's the position their put in. Kruger's been doing the same why is no one thinking about that? If you're an OLB'er and doing your job in run defense, you've held up at the point and if the runner goes to the outside you lunge at him to push him wide, if he goes inside you release off your blocker and try to dive at his back. Just trip him up in some way. OLB'ers are not expected to meet the runners in the hole, why are all of you missing that? You know who's responsibility it is to meet the runners in the hole and blow them up? The ILB'ers...which on our team mean Karlos Dansby and Christian Kirksey. Both of whom have been getting gashed by RB's so far this season. I'd let it slide if the name Adrian Peterson or Jamaal Charles was in there somewhere...but we've had 2nd, 3rd and annoyingly, a 4th stringer last sunday, blow us the fuck up. Dansby is not who we hoped he would be up to this point. So far DQ is having a better season in Indy it looks like, and I don't think that defense is as loaded as ours is..especially with Mathis out.
Yeah totally agree buy a huge part of being a defensive player is the ability to tackle no matter what position you are.
-
Just an old guy's opinion.
The best kind of opinions...
IMO...
You are correct. He can get ANYWHERE on the field with his atheltic ability.
For me I see a lack of discipline.
The only reason Von miller was so successful early on is that he was accustomed to the joker position at A&M.
Agree on the discipline angle. I doubt Les asked him to do much at LSU beyond raise hell and react.
While I think Mingo is "athletic", he earns that description due to his speed and acceleration.
I think Miller makes for an interesting comparison. I think Von came into the league stronger and better proportioned with more agility than Mingo. I think Von's agility makes him the better athelete.
Both players had similar combine results in dash times (identical at 10 yds), identical verticals and close standing broads. So if you believe in those things, both are close in "explosiveness".
But Von smoked Barky in the shuttle and came close to doing the same in the 3-cone. I think the agility these show has led Von to greater early success in the NFL as much as anything.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70987&draftyear=2011&genpos=olb
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89707&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB
The best kind of opinions...
IMO...
Agree on the discipline angle. I doubt Les asked him to do much at LSU beyond raise hell and react.
While I think Mingo is "athletic", he earns that description due to his speed and acceleration.
I think Miller makes for an interesting comparison. I think Von came into the league stronger and better proportioned with more agility than Mingo. I think Von's agility makes him the better athelete.
Both players had similar combine results in dash times (identical at 10 yds), identical verticals and close standing broads. So if you believe in those things, both are close in "explosiveness".
But Von smoked Barky in the shuttle and came close to doing the same in the 3-cone. I think the agility these show has led Von to greater early success in the NFL as much as anything.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=70987&draftyear=2011&genpos=olb
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89707&draftyear=2013&genpos=OLB
Yea, but remember, a lot of Von Miller's performance was "enhanced".
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better đź’—
Register Login