Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Titans Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
291 60 12.0k
  • please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

    So JF can play linebacker now? Maybe a little rush OLB?

    @brownsfanatic said:

    please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

  • please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

    @brownsfanatic said:

    please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

    Seriously?

    The Offense didn't give up 28 points in the 1st Half, but they did score the 29 that gave us the win.

    Manziel is fine where he's at right now - learning how to play in the NFL, there is no rush.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Okay I don't want to make a new thread but serious question: do you think the Kirksey hit on Locker was dirty? It looked bad live, but I watched the gif about 10 times now.

    http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2325926/lockerhead.0.gif

    If it was a true slide into the endzone, I'd say dirty hit 100%. Kirksey is seemingly in his hit motion though as Jake's body gets lined up by the grab of Gipson. Do I think he was going for a huge hit? Yes, but I don't think he should be fined for it. I'm sure he will though.

    Dirty ? No

    Football? Yes

    Fine? Yes but not really, fines go to NFL Charities. Just a tax write off.

    Suit up next week and donate again courtesy of Antonio Brown. I still remember!

    @darkside5 said:

    Dirty ? No

    Football? Yes

    Fine? Yes but not really, fines go to NFL Charities. Just a tax write off.

    Suit up next week and donate again courtesy of Antonio Brown. I still remember!

    I agree, but the mainstream media is already calling it cheap and "as dirty as they come". Really?

  • Everytime a Manziel fanboy talks shit about putting Manziel in the game, Hoyer takes a big shitin their mouths.

  • Pettine almost gave the game away. Going for it twice on fourth down, we would have been tied going into our last drive. And I know hndsight is 20/20, but you don't take points off the board in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I enjoyed ths win, but this coaching staff makes me think I won't enjoy many more.

  • @darkside5 said:

    Dirty ? No

    Football? Yes

    Fine? Yes but not really, fines go to NFL Charities. Just a tax write off.

    Suit up next week and donate again courtesy of Antonio Brown. I still remember!

    I agree, but the mainstream media is already calling it cheap and "as dirty as they come". Really?

    @jrb12711 said:

    I agree, but the mainstream media is already calling it cheap and "as dirty as they come". Really?

    It was certainly a bit dirty IMO. I only say that because of the way he cracked out his forearm as he was falling down.

    @j0hnnybg00d said:

    Everytime a Manziel fanboy talks shit about putting Manziel in the game, Hoyer takes a big shitin their mouths.

    Manziel's the motivational cheerleader for Hoyer. Works for me

  • For me I see a real issue with what Pettine and O'neil want with their base defense compared to what personnel this team currently has.

    To expand on that further, I see a few glaring issues with the blitz calls on 3rd down and how ineffective they have seemed to be the last couple games.

  • Pettine almost gave the game away. Going for it twice on fourth down, we would have been tied going into our last drive. And I know hndsight is 20/20, but you don't take points off the board in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I enjoyed ths win, but this coaching staff makes me think I won't enjoy many more.

    @browntown said:

    Pettine almost gave the game away. Going for it twice on fourth down, we would have been tied going into our last drive. And I know hndsight is 20/20, but you don't take points off the board in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I enjoyed ths win, but this coaching staff makes me think I won't enjoy many more.

    I agree. We were down 18 in the third quarter and needed three scores. I don't care what Pettine thought, the right move was to kick a field goal - at least on the first drive, and given success, probably also on the second one, leaving us down 12 with more than a quarter left to okay.

    I get little joy out of a victory like today. Yes, better than losing and being 1-3, but the team played poorly and made mistakes across the board. The defense is horrendous and should have been fixed during the break. I know we complain about the D-line and CB's but the problem is at LB where only Kruger is playing well,

  • For me I see a real issue with what Pettine and O'neil want with their base defense compared to what personnel this team currently has.

    To expand on that further, I see a few glaring issues with the blitz calls on 3rd down and how ineffective they have seemed to be the last couple games.

    @tiamat63 said:

    For me I see a real issue with what Pettine and O'neil want with their base defense compared to what personnel this team currently has.

    To expand on that further, I see a few glaring issues with the blitz calls on 3rd down and how ineffective they have seemed to be the last couple games.

    Well, the good coordinators adjust their scheme for the personnel they have. Pettine did really well in buffalo with their personnel.

  • please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

    @brownsfanatic said:

    please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

    Fuck off and find a new home troll

  • please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

    @brownsfanatic said:

    please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

    Manziel is too important to play. He's now in charge of team morale. Only thing that can explain his joking around and laughing right after we went down 28-3.

    @browntown said:

    Pettine almost gave the game away. Going for it twice on fourth down, we would have been tied going into our last drive. And I know hndsight is 20/20, but you don't take points off the board in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I enjoyed ths win, but this coaching staff makes me think I won't enjoy many more.

    Torn on this... I was at the time and I still am.

    On one hand Pettine was forgoing 6 points, but on the other he was challenging his team.

    The O to convert the 4ths;

    the D to stop TN after the O failed.

    And in the end they, plus the ST, bailed him out.

    @bbedward said:

    It was certainly a bit dirty IMO. I only say that because of the way he cracked out his forearm as he was falling down.

    It was full dirty because the forearm happened a full running stride into the endzone.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    For me I see a real issue with what Pettine and O'neil want with their base defense compared to what personnel this team currently has.

    To expand on that further, I see a few glaring issues with the blitz calls on 3rd down and how ineffective they have seemed to be the last couple games.

    Well, the good coordinators adjust their scheme for the personnel they have. Pettine did really well in buffalo with their personnel.

    @bbedward said:

    Well, the good coordinators adjust their scheme for the personnel they have. Pettine did really well in buffalo with their personnel.

    Did he? Because Buffalo was pretty terrible against the run almost all year.

  • @bbedward said:

    Well, the good coordinators adjust their scheme for the personnel they have. Pettine did really well in buffalo with their personnel.

    Did he? Because Buffalo was pretty terrible against the run almost all year.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Did he? Because Buffalo was pretty terrible against the run almost all year.

    In 2013 the Bills' D was good (10th YPG, 20th PPG... both slightly better than us), but they went to a 4-3 this year and seem to be even better (8th and 6th so far).

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Did he? Because Buffalo was pretty terrible against the run almost all year.

    In 2013 the Bills' D was good (10th YPG, 20th PPG... both slightly better than us), but they went to a 4-3 this year and seem to be even better (8th and 6th so far).

    @tour2ma said:

    In 2013 the Bills' D was good (10th YPG, 20th PPG... both slightly better than us), but they went to a 4-3 this year and seem to be even better (8th and 6th so far).

    You avoided their adjusted yards allowed against the run. I'm well aware of their PPG and their and YPG allowed . Buffalo had a large amount of sacks and were good against the pass.

    Their rush defense, however, was pretty terrible near the entire year. Which is of great concern that they lost their DC, had a minor scheme switch and appear to be having greater success.

    Even of further concern was their allowed YPG against the run even when you factor in yards lost to sacks.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Give a fuck about our D ranking as long as we win.

    I do, Tenn is not a good team, we will get destroyed against good teams

    @topdawg31 said:

    I do, Tenn is not a good team, we will get destroyed against good teams

    Luckily we don't play any for the next 4 weeks.

  • Okay I don't want to make a new thread but serious question: do you think the Kirksey hit on Locker was dirty? It looked bad live, but I watched the gif about 10 times now.

    http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2325926/lockerhead.0.gif

    If it was a true slide into the endzone, I'd say dirty hit 100%. Kirksey is seemingly in his hit motion though as Jake's body gets lined up by the grab of Gipson. Do I think he was going for a huge hit? Yes, but I don't think he should be fined for it. I'm sure he will though.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Okay I don't want to make a new thread but serious question: do you think the Kirksey hit on Locker was dirty? It looked bad live, but I watched the gif about 10 times now.

    http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2325926/lockerhead.0.gif

    If it was a true slide into the endzone, I'd say dirty hit 100%. Kirksey is seemingly in his hit motion though as Jake's body gets lined up by the grab of Gipson. Do I think he was going for a huge hit? Yes, but I don't think he should be fined for it. I'm sure he will though.

    Kirksey for sure will get fined. I'll put the over\under at $20k. Locker was well into the endzone when he got drilled.

    @suomi said:

    I hear you. But stats don't win games - plays win games. The Browns made the plays when they needed to = win.

    I don't care if the Browns defense is ranked in the bottom 5 all year, as long as they win.

    Colts won the SB with the last ranked defense.

    @brownsfanatic said:

    please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

    Ah, still some fanboys around- it's officially Johnny backup for the rest of the year- assuming Hoyer doesn't get hurt.

    @tiamat63 said:

    For me I see a real issue with what Pettine and O'neil want with their base defense compared to what personnel this team currently has.

    To expand on that further, I see a few glaring issues with the blitz calls on 3rd down and how ineffective they have seemed to be the last couple games.

    Yeah- but that one corner blitz worked when it had to.

  • No no no no yes!

  • @hish747 said:

    All your base are belong to us!!!!

    That's actually more of a Korean refence, boss.

    @tiamat63 said:

    That's actually more of a Korean refence, boss.

    Japanese actually, but the point was bad grammar and translation, not origin.

  • This thread is hilarious from start to finish.

    Zombo

    --especially the calls for Manziel

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Okay I don't want to make a new thread but serious question: do you think the Kirksey hit on Locker was dirty? It looked bad live, but I watched the gif about 10 times now.

    http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2325926/lockerhead.0.gif

    If it was a true slide into the endzone, I'd say dirty hit 100%. Kirksey is seemingly in his hit motion though as Jake's body gets lined up by the grab of Gipson. Do I think he was going for a huge hit? Yes, but I don't think he should be fined for it. I'm sure he will though.

    Kirksey for sure will get fined. I'll put the over\under at $20k. Locker was well into the endzone when he got drilled.

    @suomi said:

    I hear you. But stats don't win games - plays win games. The Browns made the plays when they needed to = win.

    I don't care if the Browns defense is ranked in the bottom 5 all year, as long as they win.

    Colts won the SB with the last ranked defense.

    @brownsfanatic said:

    please fire pettine, if manziel was playing we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out of a huge hole

    Ah, still some fanboys around- it's officially Johnny backup for the rest of the year- assuming Hoyer doesn't get hurt.

    @tiamat63 said:

    For me I see a real issue with what Pettine and O'neil want with their base defense compared to what personnel this team currently has.

    To expand on that further, I see a few glaring issues with the blitz calls on 3rd down and how ineffective they have seemed to be the last couple games.

    Yeah- but that one corner blitz worked when it had to.

    @hoorta said:

    Kirksey for sure will get fined. I'll put the over\under at $20k. Locker was well into the endzone when he got drilled.

    Colts won the SB with the last ranked defense.

    I'll take the under... barely.

    Would that be the Peyton Manning Colts? 😛