Braylon Edwards
-
The question for me is - would another team be willing to give up their first round pick for him? I believe so. So what about this scenario...
If Crabtree is available at 5, we could pick him and then offer BE to another team hurting for a receiver for their #1. We could then use that pick to get the LB that we need so desperately need but might not be worth a top 5 pick.
The question for me is - would another team be willing to give up their first round pick for him? I believe so. So what about this scenario...
If Crabtree is available at 5, we could pick him and then offer BE to another team hurting for a receiver for their #1. We could then use that pick to get the LB that we need so desperately need but might not be worth a top 5 pick.
That's the move, because this is his contract year and he will walk next year and you will get nothing for him. And please don't blame Da for him short arming balls, he dropped a whole lot of balls in college and the FO knew it when they drafted him.
It's about his "ME" first attitude and giant ego. Remember, it will never be his fault because there will always be an excuse.
-
I like the idea of trading Edwards. Even if we cant get Crabtree we could trade back and get Maclin(which I think will be the better WR) That will give us another pick or 2 to help with the numerous holes on this team. Like someone said earlier hes a FA after this season and we arent going to the SB next year so find some core people to build around thru the draft. thats just my opinion
-
The question for me is - would another team be willing to give up their first round pick for him? I believe so. So what about this scenario...
If Crabtree is available at 5, we could pick him and then offer BE to another team hurting for a receiver for their #1. We could then use that pick to get the LB that we need so desperately need but might not be worth a top 5 pick.
That's the move, because this is his contract year and he will walk next year and you will get nothing for him. And please don't blame Da for him short arming balls, he dropped a whole lot of balls in college and the FO knew it when they drafted him.
It's about his "ME" first attitude and giant ego. Remember, it will never be his fault because there will always be an excuse.
That's the move, because this is his contract year and he will walk next year and you will get nothing for him. And please don't blame Da for him short arming balls, he dropped a whole lot of balls in college and the FO knew it when they drafted him.
It's about his "ME" first attitude and giant ego. Remember, it will never be his fault because there will always be an excuse.
My favorite excuse last year was after the game in which he had all the second half drops. He said due to DA's inability to get him the ball in the first half when he was open so often, it caused him to lose concetration in the second half.
Nothing like throwing a teammate under the bus Braylon!
After that I knew this guy has some serious issues.
I think he really, really needs to go for the same reasons Ytown mentioned. I do realize the Browns can't just dump him without someone to replace him. But they need to work their hardest at rid of him..
-
AdaM said:
Isnt this his contract year? He'll show up to play this year, then trade him.If you want to trade him after this year, we would have to slap the franchise tag on him in 2010 in order to trade him.
'Roy.E.Munson said:
He just had a bad year...Here we go again with this "one bad year" bullcrap. He's had only one good year, the rest are all bad.
'DeadWombat said:
Look, no one really knows why he dropped so many passes...I'm sure there's more than one reason why, but the predominant reason is that he is hearing footsteps. I've been calling him Braylon "Chicken Shit" Edwards for years. It's not hard to see that his eyes are on incoming defenders moreso than on incoming passes. I don't know how to explain those wide open bombs he drops with nobody closing in on him except to say that he has stone hands.
I say trade him!
-Al
-
Seeing that Mangini is a "character" guy and "musts" guy, it would not suprise me if he waited 'til the Browns were on the board to see if Crabtree was still there,drafted him,then turned right around and traded Edwards to someone willing to give up a mid-level to low 1st round pick.I have heard people say that Crabtree is a definite top 10 pick so in my books that is a (must have guy). Since Edwards is in a contract year that means we don't have to resign him,we would get another pick to address another position of need,and be ridding the locker room of a huge ego (Character). It would be a win,win,win situation for Mangenius.
-
Shut up....... BE isn't going any where!
It is just Assinign to want to get rid of him!
He just had a bad year... you are acting like the NFL isn't a business.... he will go off this year!
Shut up....... BE isn't going any where!
It is just Assinign to want to get rid of him!
He just had a bad year... you are acting like the NFL isn't a business.... he will go off this year!
It isn't asinine to want to trade him....and really, I am acting like the NFL is a business.
Trade him now while we can or be stuck with him with a franchise tag...which is to much money for that guy.
But you are right....he will have a good year since he has something to play for.....himself being his contract year.
Edwards is a Me player.
Here is a recent interview
-
I dont like BE's attitude or his take on the fans what the sam hell does "the drive" have to do with him?
I dont harbor any bad feelings for BE other than he sucked last year and didnt seem to even care..i dont care that he came from michigan all i care about is how he plays on sunday and his dellusional and mental cop out of blaming the fans shows he doesnt accept responsibility for the way he plays my thoughts are he lacks the work ethic and mental toughness to make a mankok team or at least to stay in cleveland long...regardless of what BE says its obvious he is disgruntled about being a brown and is slowly becoming a cancer and we dont need that..
-
That's why I posted what I did...he is a me first player.....just like Leon.
Braby needs to go. I have a feeling Mangini isn't going to like Edwards once he spends more than a few hours around him.
-
I believe that if Braylon had been born in Cleveland or Columbus and played for Ohio State he would get a free pass on every ball he dropped. He does need to improve his concentration, there is no question. He can be one of the top 10 receivers but he isn't there now
I believe that if Braylon had been born in Cleveland or Columbus and played for Ohio State he would get a free pass on every ball he dropped. He does need to improve his concentration, there is no question. He can be one of the top 10 receivers but he isn't there now
Your 100% wrong I don't give a crap where ANYONE plays college. The Browns are first in my book. Everyone else is second. I think he is the only person who cares he played for Michigan. HE HAS TO CATCH THE BALL AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES LIKE A BITCH, PERIOD.
-
I agree with trading Edwards as I don't think for a MINUTE that he'll resign with the Browns. I will also say that I don't think there is any way you'll get a 1st rounder for him.
We'll see.
Mike
-
Wow....lots of people like to make assumptions of what a guy "feels" or "doesn't feel". How do we know how he felt after last season? You're making assumptions. ....
I refer back to these stats posted by WPDAWG ....
The man was targeted 138 times and had 55 catches. That is a 39.9 completion/target rate.
Even if he caught EVERY dropped pass he would only have 71 receptions and a 51.4% completion/target rate. So, even if BE was PERFECT...DA still barely broke a 50% completion rate when throwing to him.
Name me one other TOP RECEIVER that has to put up with that kind of ineptitude.
As a point of fact...Brandon Marshall was second in NUMBER of passes NOT CAUGHT (77 to BE's 83) and had 12 drops and he had 183 Targets...for a completion rate of (104/183) 56.8%...and without his drops 63.4%.
We have way too many other holes on the team to worry about filling a spot vacated by a more than adequate receiver (note: I did not say "great")..We also have to put some of the blame on coaching. Leadership is key to instilling greatness in your players. Crennel did not have that quality!
Rosenhaus is shopping Buress, C. Johnson and Vick...Why don't we sign all 3 of them?...Because they are CANCERS!...We could do worse than BE.....He stays!....Anyone thought about where we will be at RB next season?
-
@hiwaygal said:
You have all made some good points. I'm still undecided about Edwards and lean more towards keeping him. If he's going to have a big year (for contract reasons, better coaching, improved QB, etc) let him have it with us!I don't like prima donna attitudes and believe that if you start running your mouth in public, you better have the cahones to back it up on the field. BE hasn't done that. But knowing the chaos of the team this past season, I'm willing to give him another chance.
Let's see what the new regime, new offense, new TEAM (!), new confidence (hopefully) do for some of these players who could be BIG playmakers...give him one more year.
That's all you got is one more year because he will be a FA next year and you know he will be looking to leave for bigger bucks and fans that really appreciate him. Sounds more and more like Plaxico every day.
-
Shut up....... BE isn't going any where!
It is just Assinign to want to get rid of him!
He just had a bad year... you are acting like the NFL isn't a business.... he will go off this year!
It isn't asinine to want to trade him....and really, I am acting like the NFL is a business.
Trade him now while we can or be stuck with him with a franchise tag...which is to much money for that guy.
But you are right....he will have a good year since he has something to play for.....himself being his contract year.
Edwards is a Me player.
Here is a recent interview
It isn't asinine to want to trade him....and really, I am acting like the NFL is a business.
Trade him now while we can or be stuck with him with a franchise tag...which is to much money for that guy.
But you are right....he will have a good year since he has something to play for.....himself being his contract year.
Edwards is a Me player.
Here is a recent interview
I forgot about Leon! -
That's why I posted what I did...he is a me first player.....just like Leon.
Braby needs to go. I have a feeling Mangini isn't going to like Edwards once he spends more than a few hours around him.
That's why I posted what I did...he is a me first player.....
Show me a good WR who isn't a me first player and doesn't always want the ball in his hand, and 9/10 time you'll be showing me a #2 at best WR.
Ego and me first is the nature of the WR position in the NFL. It's part of why you need a mentally strong leader at the QB position.
-
That's why I posted what I did...he is a me first player.....
Show me a good WR who isn't a me first player and doesn't always want the ball in his hand, and 9/10 time you'll be showing me a #2 at best WR.
Ego and me first is the nature of the WR position in the NFL. It's part of why you need a mentally strong leader at the QB position.
Masters said:
Show me a good WR who isn't a me first player and doesn't always want the ball in his hand, and 9/10 time you'll be showing me a #2 at best WR.Ego and me first is the nature of the WR position in the NFL. It's part of why you need a mentally strong leader at the QB position.
You are absolutely right about the WR position. It is loaded with primadonnas. But, Fitzgerald isn't the "me" first guy that Boldin is. Do you want to call Hines Ward a #1. Andre Johnson seems to have both feet on the ground and never says shit, even when he doesn't get the ball.
I think my point in the matter is that Crabtree has gained the rep as a guy with very high character and a team player. I have never read a report of him running his mouth or complaining about not getting the ball. So I gauge Edward's value and see if the opportunity is there for a trade if the Browns take Crabtree. If not, I'm sure there are some teams that would love to trade up to get Crabtree.
I don't think Edwards is a waste, but I believe he will walk next year as a free agent. That's want "Me" first guys do. They play hard their contract years and look for the biggest paycheck, it's not about winning to them.
-
I agree.....wanting the ball is different from being a me first player.
Ward isn't a me first player....he is a team guy.
Braby doesn't have anything to do with team.
-
Edwards isn't a me first guy. He is just a "me" guy.
-
I agree.....wanting the ball is different from being a me first player.
Ward isn't a me first player....he is a team guy.
Braby doesn't have anything to do with team.
-
That's why I posted what I did...he is a me first player.....
Show me a good WR who isn't a me first player and doesn't always want the ball in his hand, and 9/10 time you'll be showing me a #2 at best WR.
Ego and me first is the nature of the WR position in the NFL. It's part of why you need a mentally strong leader at the QB position.
Masters said:
Show me a good WR who isn't a me first player and doesn't always want the ball in his hand, and 9/10 time you'll be showing me a #2 at best WR.Ego and me first is the nature of the WR position in the NFL. It's part of why you need a mentally strong leader at the QB position.
There are so many great ones that had a good attitude and were team players.
Marvin Harrison is about as soft spoken as a player can get.
Jerry Rice was not egotistical.
Steve Largent was a team player.
There are more but that's off the top of my head.
Ego and a "Me first" mentality IS NOT a prerequisite for a quality WR
-
All Edwards has to do to get along in Cleveland is #1) keep his stupid mouth shut , and #2)catch the damn ball .
#1 Impossible (because he is all mouth)
#2 Improbable (because he lacks guts)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login