Interesting Options Developing in Browns QB Situation
-
I agree on this team Hoyer is the best option. Unfortunately Wilson and Foles were also available without much work. That is the plan that I've always liked for bad teams and unfortunately this is a bad team.
Wilson has his limits as a QB and the Hawks are finding that out. Likewise with Foles.
-
Then we are talking past each other... not that that would be unusual for a forum...
I firmly believe you always have to be looking for your next QB.
Find him and you're set for ten years barring a performance diminishing injury.
Get close and you have your back-up/fill-in/trade material to help you draft your next "next QB".
I think it is a never ending cycle. But it's a cycle that starts with having your QB.
Right now BH is simply the leading candidate to be our QB. I thought so in the off-season. I thought so thru TC and Pre-season. I thought so last nite. I think so tonite.
JM or Shaw may then be "next", but they trail now. Maybe not by as much tonite as they did last nite, but they still trail... and, I believe, trail substantially.
And for the record, Andrew Luck is the only QB I have seen in the past three drafts that I would have sold out to get. Unfortunately the Colts weren't ever dealing that pick.
I know.. I was there...
But they have seen an opening and are determined to seize upon it...
I agree on this team Hoyer is the best option. Unfortunately Wilson and Foles were also available without much work. That is the plan that I've always liked for bad teams and unfortunately this is a bad team.
I agree on this team Hoyer is the best option. Unfortunately Wilson and Foles were also available without much work. That is the plan that I've always liked for bad teams and unfortunately this is a bad team.
Wilson and Foles are not the same as Luck. Yea it'd be great to find our own Luck, but most of the teams in the league would also like to find their Andrew Luck. Very few of those guys come around per decade.
I still think Hoyer is good enough to command a playoff team. His accuracy has been a little suspect at times this year - and has probably been his biggest problem. His decision making has been above average. I would go as far as to say he's the biggest reason we won 2/3 of our games this year.
Today, he along with the entire offense and play calling was horrendous. Lets see what they do about it next week.
-
Hoyer on the season 55.8 Comp % and 88.0 Rating
For comparison - QBs with at least 90 attempts
Mike Glennon 57.2% 86.2 Rating
EJ Manuel 58% 80.3 Rating
Charlie Whitehurst 61.3% 93.1 RatingKirk Cousins 61.8% 86.4 Rating
Ryan Fitzpatrick 65% 86.1 Rating
Austin Davis 66% 94.3 Rating
Kyle Orton 68.5% 92.5 Rating
Half of those guys are career backups, and the other few their fan bases are ready to get rid of them and burn any trace they ever existed. Lets keep in mind that what Hoyer has done this year has been considered "above" what people expected, and still hes in the middle of this group, only less accurate. Thats him AT HIS BEST. It's not an accident that everyone has a higher comp % than he does by at least 1.5% because Hoyer is dead last in the NFL in completion %. Dead last. Over a full 1% worse then Mike Glennon who was sent by his own team to get an eye exam because they thought he might be blind in one eye.
And we're debating on if we should sign him for 13 mil a year or Franchise him for 18 mil? Oh and what do you think 3 or 4 years?
Low self esteem out of the fan base, we have a QB we need to be figuring out a way to get rid of, because he's not the answer...and we want to lock him up. My lord.And though they've thrown a ton of INTs just know that Teddy Twatwater is throwing 61.1% and Blake Bortles 65.5%
Low self esteem out of the fan base, we have a QB we need to be figuring out a way to get rid of, because he's not the answer...and we want to lock him up. My lord.
Please save yourself... before it's too late...
-
I agree on this team Hoyer is the best option. Unfortunately Wilson and Foles were also available without much work. That is the plan that I've always liked for bad teams and unfortunately this is a bad team.
Wilson has his limits as a QB and the Hawks are finding that out. Likewise with Foles.
Wilson has his limits as a QB and the Hawks are finding that out. Likewise with Foles.
But to defend my new found buddy, BH (same initials as our starting QB), both were obviously well worth the price paid to audition them.
... and what auditions those were...
Plus it's pretty clear now that both their teams have issues recreating their 2013 magic that extend beyond their QBs.
-
u know why hoyer looked so sad today after the game because hes all about hoyer and he lost a fortune today in a future contract if not his career.
-
-
You are aware that just last week Hoyer said that in 2015 being a promised a starting job is more important than staying in Cleveland, right?
So he is honest. Big deal. No QB would turn down a starting gig to be a backup..
-
You are aware that just last week Hoyer said that in 2015 being a promised a starting job is more important than staying in Cleveland, right?
So he is honest. Big deal. No QB would turn down a starting gig to be a backup..
So he is honest. Big deal. No QB would turn down a starting gig to be a backup..
I agree, no big deal in being honest, however I'd say that statement the minute we're above .500 takes him out of the running of players that have "more so than anybody...shown he's all about the team.."
I mean if Manziel said "Well if I'm not starting in Cleveland next year I'd rather be somewhere else" that may be honest, but I doubt anyone would then say "Wow, he's really all about the team". Nope. I bet people would actually say "What a selfish asshole to talk about that right now".
Seems it doesn't work both ways.
-
I agree on this team Hoyer is the best option. Unfortunately Wilson and Foles were also available without much work. That is the plan that I've always liked for bad teams and unfortunately this is a bad team.
Wilson and Foles are not the same as Luck. Yea it'd be great to find our own Luck, but most of the teams in the league would also like to find their Andrew Luck. Very few of those guys come around per decade.
I still think Hoyer is good enough to command a playoff team. His accuracy has been a little suspect at times this year - and has probably been his biggest problem. His decision making has been above average. I would go as far as to say he's the biggest reason we won 2/3 of our games this year.
Today, he along with the entire offense and play calling was horrendous. Lets see what they do about it next week.
Wilson and Foles are not the same as Luck. Yea it'd be great to find our own Luck, but most of the teams in the league would also like to find their Andrew Luck. Very few of those guys come around per decade.
I still think Hoyer is good enough to command a playoff team. His accuracy has been a little suspect at times this year - and has probably been his biggest problem. His decision making has been above average. I would go as far as to say he's the biggest reason we won 2/3 of our games this year.
Today, he along with the entire offense and play calling was horrendous. Lets see what they do about it next week.
I'd say his accuracy was a lot suspect today. There were times he had all day to throw on a deep route, and couldn't get the ball in the same area code. I said elsewhere the few times he was on target, his receivers didn't help him much
-
Time to throw out the sunshine and rainbows....
This is a good opportunity to see how Hoyer responds to a poorly played game. All players have them. If he rocks the house vs Raiders then put another strength on his side.
-
-
So he is honest. Big deal. No QB would turn down a starting gig to be a backup..
I agree, no big deal in being honest, however I'd say that statement the minute we're above .500 takes him out of the running of players that have "more so than anybody...shown he's all about the team.."
I mean if Manziel said "Well if I'm not starting in Cleveland next year I'd rather be somewhere else" that may be honest, but I doubt anyone would then say "Wow, he's really all about the team". Nope. I bet people would actually say "What a selfish asshole to talk about that right now".
Seems it doesn't work both ways.
"What a selfish asshole to talk about that right now".
We are saying that... just not about Hoyer...
-
could u imagine weeden with this run game? he would look all world thrwing bombs over the top.
-
So he is honest. Big deal. No QB would turn down a starting gig to be a backup..
I agree, no big deal in being honest, however I'd say that statement the minute we're above .500 takes him out of the running of players that have "more so than anybody...shown he's all about the team.."
I mean if Manziel said "Well if I'm not starting in Cleveland next year I'd rather be somewhere else" that may be honest, but I doubt anyone would then say "Wow, he's really all about the team". Nope. I bet people would actually say "What a selfish asshole to talk about that right now".
Seems it doesn't work both ways.
I agree, no big deal in being honest, however I'd say that statement the minute we're above .500 takes him out of the running of players that have "more so than anybody...shown he's all about the team.."
I mean if Manziel said "Well if I'm not starting in Cleveland next year I'd rather be somewhere else" that may be honest, but I doubt anyone would then say "Wow, he's really all about the team". Nope. I bet people would actually say "What a selfish asshole to talk about that right now".
Seems it doesn't work both ways.
Another bullshit comparison.
First, preferring to start somewhere else, anywhere else is something any competitor would say. JM as much as said the same when asked about sitting behind Hoyer for an extended period of time. Who here raised that as an issue? No one that I saw.
Second, BH has done plenty to offset any negativity included in his statement. He worked hard to secure his starting role. He rehabbed hard. He studied hard. Even this week he worked after practice with his receivers to sharpen their timing. Praise for his work ethic has come from all corners.
What has JM done to endear himself?
JM has done nothing to offset any negativity associated
-
So he is honest. Big deal. No QB would turn down a starting gig to be a backup..
I agree, no big deal in being honest, however I'd say that statement the minute we're above .500 takes him out of the running of players that have "more so than anybody...shown he's all about the team.."
I mean if Manziel said "Well if I'm not starting in Cleveland next year I'd rather be somewhere else" that may be honest, but I doubt anyone would then say "Wow, he's really all about the team". Nope. I bet people would actually say "What a selfish asshole to talk about that right now".
Seems it doesn't work both ways.
I mean if Manziel said "Well if I'm not starting in Cleveland next year I'd rather be somewhere else" that may be honest, but I doubt anyone would then say "Wow, he's really all about the team". Nope. I bet people would actually say "What a selfish asshole to talk about that right now".
Seems it doesn't work both ways.
Plus, Hoyer DIDNT talk about it right now. He tried to deflect it. He ignored it and he denied it. Allt because some lame "reporter" made up a story that got legs. And after Hoyer tried to ignore it and was hounded about it, he finally had to address it. And, after being badgered about the "non story", he gave a reply that would be expected from ANY pro. He said "i want to start". Thats not selfish behavior. Thats expected behavior.
-
maybe if hoyer would have done a snickers commercial it would be more relevant right now and maybe a little funnier.
a betcha an ad exec will get fired for jumping on that manziel bandwagon train a little too quick.............like will they still be running it in 3 years?
sorta like the colt mccoy hardees commercial.
-
Said it before and I'll say it again. I've seen enough from Hoyer to feel comfortable with him leading the offense in 2015, now let's see if Manziel's got anything. This team isn't playoff bound give Manziel a tryout and move forward.
-
Said it before and I'll say it again. I've seen enough from Hoyer to feel comfortable with him leading the offense in 2015, now let's see if Manziel's got anything. This team isn't playoff bound give Manziel a tryout and move forward.
Said it before and I'll say it again. I've seen enough from Hoyer to feel comfortable with him leading the offense in 2015, now let's see if Manziel's got anything. This team isn't playoff bound give Manziel a tryout and move forward.
The team is 4-3 and in your feeble brain the season is over??
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login