Skip to content

Upset of the Week: Week 7

The Browns Board
24 18 1.2k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Idea for a new weekly... Let's see how it goes.

    Pick one and give your reason...

    Fav vs. Underdog

    @New England vs New York (NYJ) 10.0 9.5 9.5 Thurs 10/16 -

    @Buffalo vs Minnesota 4.0 4.5 5.5 -- Sun 10/19 12:00pm -

    @Chicago vs Miami 3.5 3.5 3.5 -- Sun 10/19 12:00pm -

    @Detroit vs New Orleans 2.5 3.0 3.0 -- Sun 10/19 12:00pm -

    @Green Bay vs Carolina 7.0 7.0 7.0 -- Sun 10/19 12:00pm -

    @Indianapolis vs Cincinnati 3.0 3.0 3.0 -- Sun 10/19 12:00pm -

    Seattle vs @St. Louis 6.5 6.5 6.5 -- Sun 10/19 12:00pm -

    @Washington vs Tennessee 4.5 5.0 5.5 -- Sun 10/19 12:00pm -

    Cleveland vs @Jacksonville 4.0 5.5 5.5 -- Sun 10/19 12:00pm -

    @Baltimore vs Atlanta 6.5 7.0 7.0 -- Sun 10/19 12:00pm -

    @San Diego vs Kansas City 4.5 4.0 4.0 -- Sun 10/19 03:05pm -

    @Dallas vs New York (NYG) 5.5 5.5 6.5 -- Sun 10/19 03:25pm -

    Arizona vs @Oakland 3.5 3.5 3.5 -- Sun 10/19 03:25pm -

    @Denver vs San Francisco 7.0 6.5 6.5 -- Sun 10/19 07:30pm -

    @Pittsburgh vs Houston 4.0 3.5 3.5 -- Mon 10/20 07:30pm

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #2

    For my part I really like the Giants set up vs. the Cowboys...

    ... but I just can't pass up the Texans over the Steelers.

    Our D played the Steelers just as the Texans will, but the Texans will generate a hell of a lot more pressure... even if Clowney does not play... and right now he's 50/50...

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I've got to go with New Orleans over Detroit. I'm going with "competitive fire" in this one.

    Mike

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Atl over Balt.. 24-10

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #5

    15 games and in 12 the Home team is favored...

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by JAFBF
    #6
    The Microsoft Engine That Nailed The World Cup Is Predicting Every NFL Game — Here Are Its Picks For Week 7

    Microsoft Cortana had its second straight solid week of NFL predictions, correctly picking 11 of 15 Week 6 games.

    It's now 58-33 (64%) on the year.

    Week 6 was a good week for favorites across the board. Cortana went 11-4, Vegas favorites went 12-3, and Nate Silver's ELO model went 10-5.

    The only game Cortana and Vegas differed on in Week 6 was Steelers-Browns. Cortana had the Steelers winning, and Vegas had the Browns as slight favorites. The Browns won, 31-10. Vegas favorites are now 59-32 on the season. Silver's ELO is 64-27.

    Cortana, the Windows Phone virtual assistant that uses an algorithm from Bing Predicts to predict every game, caught fire and correctly picked 15 of 16 World Cup knockout stage games. After a so-so start to the NFL season, the algorithm is now 24-6 in its past two weeks.

    Here are Cortana's Week 7 picks as of Tuesday evening. We'll update them if they change throughout the week (Vegas favorites in parentheses):

    • New York Jets vs. New England Patriots — Patriots win, 81% chance (Patriots -9.5)
    • Atlanta Falcons vs. Baltimore Ravens — Ravens win, 68.8% chance (Ravens -7)
    • Tennessee Titans vs. Washington Redskins — Redskins win, 59.8% chance (Redskins -4.5)
    • Seattle Seahawks vs. St. Louis Rams — Seahawks win, 70.2% chance (Seahawks -6.5)
    • Cleveland Browns vs. Jacksonville Jaguars — Browns win, 65.9% chance (Browns -5.5)
    • Cincinnati Bengals vs. Indianapolis Colts — Colts win, 64.4% chance (Colts -3)
    • Minnesota Vikings vs. Buffalo Bills — Bills win, 64.4% chance (Bills -4)
    • Miami Dolphins vs. Chicago Bears — Bears win, 58.2% chance (Bears -3.5)
    • New Orleans Saints vs. Detroit Lions — Lions win, 62.9% chance (Lions -3)
    • Carolina Panthers vs. Green Bay Packers — Packers win, 68.8% chance (Packers -7)
    • Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Diego Chargers — Chargers win, 58.2% chance (Chargers -4)
    • Arizona Cardinals vs. Oakland Raiders — Cardinals win, 75.4% chance (Cardinals -3.5)
    • New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys — Cowboys win, 67.4% chance (Cowboys -5.5)
    • San Francisco 49ers vs. Denver Broncos — Broncos win, 64.4% chance (Broncos -6.5)
    • Houston Texans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers — Steelers win, 64.4% chance (Steelers -3.5)

    Cortana and Vegas don't disagree on anything this week.

    Here are Cortana's results so far this year:

    Browns with a 65.9% chance of winning - a bit disappointing, but then again, any given Sunday.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #7

    carolina over green bay

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by
    #8

    bungles (+3) over indy is my stone cold lock of the week

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I have the Cowboys coming back to earth and losing to the Giants.

  • S Sir Barksalot wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Ravens lose to Falcons ............... Atlanta pressed to win this one and I think they will. Come on Ravens are not that good anyway. Easy pick

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #11

    49ers over Denver, how long can Denver get away with their poor running game?

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Its hard to beat Denver in Mile High. I predict Houston over Shitsburgh.

  • OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I'd also go with Houston over the Steelers.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Are we talking actually who will win or beat the spread? My big upset against the spread is the Jets covering tonight against the Pats. I know they have looked woeful this year but NE defense is out a few players and those game are always close. 9.5 is a big spread to cover and I see them coming under it.

    As for a who will outright win based on favorites? Kansas City over San Diego. Coming off a bye with a lot of guys healthy bodes well for them.

  • Are we talking actually who will win or beat the spread? My big upset against the spread is the Jets covering tonight against the Pats. I know they have looked woeful this year but NE defense is out a few players and those game are always close. 9.5 is a big spread to cover and I see them coming under it.

    As for a who will outright win based on favorites? Kansas City over San Diego. Coming off a bye with a lot of guys healthy bodes well for them.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @jrb12711 said:

    Are we talking actually who will win or beat the spread?

    Win... I listed spreads just to give an idea of the weight of any potential upset.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I"m all over KC and San Diego. KC's online is starting to find itself and the Bolts have been hit hard with injuries.

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Ill take Houston over Shitsburg and Minn over Buff.

  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Houston over Pittsburgh

    Miami over Chicago

  • I've got to go with New Orleans over Detroit. I'm going with "competitive fire" in this one.

    Mike

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @canton-mike said:

    I've got to go with New Orleans over Detroit. I'm going with "competitive fire" in this one.

    Mike

    me too....I think Detroit will fall back to earth(as usual) and Brees will get his team back into the mix soon enough...

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I'll take Houston. Steelers looking more and more inept on O.