Skip to content

Plan to see "Fury" Westside Steve?

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
11 7 697
  • I definitely plan on viewing . prolly best WWII flick since 9/11.. short of Inglorious Basterds

  • Possibly. I'm not a huge fan of war movies but there are excellent ones. Also WW2 is much more interesting on a scale of wars that some of the more recent.

    Likely because the more recent the war the more the producers tend to politicize.

    WSS

  • Only Vietnam era one I liked was Platoon, because it was the most realistic. Saving Private Ryan was good and showed in graphic detail what war is really like.

  • I actually liked Full Metal Jacket better than platoon. Apocalypse Now was interesting but I thought it would have been more surreal had the setting been ww2 as originally proposed.

    WSS

  • I need to sit down one day and watch Kelly's Heroes, I think that might be one of the only war movies my grandpa never made me watch with him, I've always heard it is a good one.

  • Im looking forward to this myself. I just recently starting playing World of Tanks online. Its free and pretty fun. Pretty accurate statwise as well

  • The Hurt Locker offered a unique perspective into the horrors of war

  • i grew up on series like 'rat patrol' and 'combat'.

    then all of a sudden we're going to introduce you to some B-52 bombers in '12 oclock high'.

    best WW2 movie was private ryan but the series 'band of brothers' squashes that out like a light lit candle.

  • It is a good movie. A guy's movie. But it is good since my niece has her boyfriend graduate from basic training just recently and what he could face.

  • It is a good movie. A guy's movie. But it is good since my niece has her boyfriend graduate from basic training just recently and what he could face.

    @jppt1974 said:

    It is a good movie. A guy's movie. But it is good since my niece has her boyfriend graduate from basic training just recently and what he could face.

    Ii doubt he is going to face that. We have never lost a Abrams in battle.