F Brian "Garbage" Hoyer
-
@everlastingxxx said:
You can eat a bowl of dicks too.
-
Hey Debbie Downer, I'd suggest your read this...
http://thestuartplaybook.wordpress.com/2014/10/19/the-ugliest-game-browns-vs-jags/
I had most of the contributions, but I'd completely forgotten about Sheard running past the path of the JAX FG attempt.
I had most of the contributuions, but I'd completely forgotten about Sheard running past the path of the JAX FG attempt.
Just read that article. I didn't get a chance to watch the whole game, left the tavern early (had practice) But Gilbert had a game that makes not only his confidence grow but indicates some early development.
He arrived at ball carriers fast and under control, had solid open field tackles and some pretty good coverage. Encouraging, to say the least.
-
.the comical thing is the bandwagoners that what Johnny to start right now will be the first fags 2 wantMike Pettine fired before the season is over
.the comical thing is the bandwagoners that what Johnny to start right now will be the first fags 2 want Mike Pettine fired before the season month (fixed) is over
Ya think?
I think we (well, most of us) can agree that Sunday's meltdown was a team effort.
Everyone contributed to the smell of ass.
Nope, it's all on Brian Hoyer for not playing like Superman. The more rational fans know he might have contributed to the mess, but he was far from the only reason the Browns lost. The defense made Denard Robinson look like Adrian Peterson. Special Teams weren't very special either. 75% of the time the o-line couldn't block worth a damn, but it's all on Hoyer from some quarters. Hey- he admitted he stunk it up. Move on.
-
Get outta here Man. You probably was one of these fools who said that brady was done after the chiefs' game.
That was his first bad game of the year. Gimme a break. Every teams loose a game they shouldn't every year.
-
.the comical thing is the bandwagoners that what Johnny to start right now will be the first fags 2 want Mike Pettine fired before the season month (fixed) is over
Ya think?
I think we (well, most of us) can agree that Sunday's meltdown was a team effort.
Everyone contributed to the smell of ass.
Nope, it's all on Brian Hoyer for not playing like Superman. The more rational fans know he might have contributed to the mess, but he was far from the only reason the Browns lost. The defense made Denard Robinson look like Adrian Peterson. Special Teams weren't very special either. 75% of the time the o-line couldn't block worth a damn, but it's all on Hoyer from some quarters. Hey- he admitted he stunk it up. Move on.
Ya think?
Nope, it's all on Brian Hoyer for not playing like Superman. The more rational fans know he might have contributed to the mess, but he was far from the only reason the Browns lost. The defense made Denard Robinson look like Adrian Peterson. Special Teams weren't very special either. 75% of the time the o-line couldn't block worth a damn, but it's all on Hoyer from some quarters. Hey- he admitted he stunk it up. Move on.
Now Brandon Weeden Charlie Frye Jason Campbell Colt McCoy and Brady Quinn on the other hand....
WSS
-
.the comical thing is the bandwagoners that what Johnny to start right now will be the first fags 2 wantMike Pettine fired before the season is over
.the comical thing is the bandwagoners that what Johnny to start right now will be the first fags 2 wantMike Pettine fired before the season is over
Hoyer could go 20/20 through 3 quarters with 200+ yards and 2+ TDs and they'd be silent. Then he could make a mistake and they'd talk about nothing but that 1 bad throw.
-
I think we (well, most of us) can agree that Sunday's meltdown was a team effort.
Everyone contributed to the smell of ass.
I think we (well, most of us) can agree that Sunday's meltdown was a team effort.
Everyone contributed to the smell of ass.
Agree with this, that everyone sucked but with that being said. When everyone is playing bad a team should be able to rely on the QB to carry them through that game ( especially against probably the worst team in the league ). Our leader just folded under the pressure of having to perform at a higher level when his team needed him the most. Running game or not, The QB of an NFL team needs to rise up in a game like that and Hoyer did the exact opposite of that and failed his team badly. Now I am not a Johnny homer by any means but I do think he has an uncanny ability to take over a game and carry his team when they need him to, something I just do not think Hoyer can or will ever be able to do.
I for one am tired of the browns ( and some of their fans ) just being ok with finding a QB to be a game manager and being happy with that. We need a fucking BALLER who can take us to another level and not just manage a game but take it over. TBH I can't wait for Johnny to get his shot because I think he could be that guy ( notice I said could not will be ) but one thing I do know....................... Hoyer is 100% not that guy.
-
I think we (well, most of us) can agree that Sunday's meltdown was a team effort.
Everyone contributed to the smell of ass.
Agree with this, that everyone sucked but with that being said. When everyone is playing bad a team should be able to rely on the QB to carry them through that game ( especially against probably the worst team in the league ). Our leader just folded under the pressure of having to perform at a higher level when his team needed him the most. Running game or not, The QB of an NFL team needs to rise up in a game like that and Hoyer did the exact opposite of that and failed his team badly. Now I am not a Johnny homer by any means but I do think he has an uncanny ability to take over a game and carry his team when they need him to, something I just do not think Hoyer can or will ever be able to do.
I for one am tired of the browns ( and some of their fans ) just being ok with finding a QB to be a game manager and being happy with that. We need a fucking BALLER who can take us to another level and not just manage a game but take it over. TBH I can't wait for Johnny to get his shot because I think he could be that guy ( notice I said could not will be ) but one thing I do know....................... Hoyer is 100% not that guy.
Agree with this, that everyone sucked but with that being said. When everyone is playing bad a team should be able to rely on the QB to carry them through that game ( especially against probably the worst team in the league ). Our leader just folded under the pressure of having to perform at a higher level when his team needed him the most. Running game or not, The QB of an NFL team needs to rise up in a game like that and Hoyer did the exact opposite of that and failed his team badly. Now I am not a Johnny homer by any means but I do think he has an uncanny ability to take over a game and carry his team when they need him to, something I just do not think Hoyer can or will ever be able to do.
I for one am tired of the browns ( and some of their fans ) just being ok with finding a QB to be a game manager and being happy with that. We need a fucking BALLER who can take us to another level and not just manage a game but take it over. TBH I can't wait for Johnny to get his shot because I think he could be that guy ( notice I said could not will be ) but one thing I do know....................... Hoyer is 100% not that guy.
you like other manziel fans feel that way...and if you're a JF fan i get you.
BUT like i had posted in another couple of threads.do you really think that pettine or farmer or anyone else in the org is holding him back? really? do you guys ever sit down and think like "hey these guys are hired as NFL coaches and they might know a little bit more about football than me." what in the world's tiniest sphincter could be the reason pettine is not starting manziel? UUHH...maybe he's not upt to par? maybe he still doesn't have a grasp of the playbook? maybe the coaching staff thinks he might get killed?
i really think that grossman would come in before manziel in a backup situation. trick play here or there...sure, why not? just don't let the kid get his head taken off by richard seymour.
-
I watched the game twice and while it wasn't Hoyer's best game, I can't hold him responsible for the loss. West had a first down and went west rather than north, leading to an eventual loss of possession on downs. It was Hawkins' worst game with two critical drops and an inability to take a key pass-and-run to the house. And the O-line was dominated throughout the game. Lastly, the coaches need to understand that kicking a FG is OK, and helps keep momentum on your side.
-
Agree with this, that everyone sucked but with that being said. When everyone is playing bad a team should be able to rely on the QB to carry them through that game ( especially against probably the worst team in the league ). Our leader just folded under the pressure of having to perform at a higher level when his team needed him the most. Running game or not, The QB of an NFL team needs to rise up in a game like that and Hoyer did the exact opposite of that and failed his team badly. Now I am not a Johnny homer by any means but I do think he has an uncanny ability to take over a game and carry his team when they need him to, something I just do not think Hoyer can or will ever be able to do.
I for one am tired of the browns ( and some of their fans ) just being ok with finding a QB to be a game manager and being happy with that. We need a fucking BALLER who can take us to another level and not just manage a game but take it over. TBH I can't wait for Johnny to get his shot because I think he could be that guy ( notice I said could not will be ) but one thing I do know....................... Hoyer is 100% not that guy.
you like other manziel fans feel that way...and if you're a JF fan i get you.
BUT like i had posted in another couple of threads.do you really think that pettine or farmer or anyone else in the org is holding him back? really? do you guys ever sit down and think like "hey these guys are hired as NFL coaches and they might know a little bit more about football than me." what in the world's tiniest sphincter could be the reason pettine is not starting manziel? UUHH...maybe he's not upt to par? maybe he still doesn't have a grasp of the playbook? maybe the coaching staff thinks he might get killed?
i really think that grossman would come in before manziel in a backup situation. trick play here or there...sure, why not? just don't let the kid get his head taken off by richard seymour.
you like other manziel fans feel that way...and if you're a JF fan i get you.
BUT like i had posted in another couple of threads.do you really think that pettine or farmer or anyone else in the org is holding him back? really? do you guys ever sit down and think like "hey these guys are hired as NFL coaches and they might know a little bit more about football than me." what in the world's tiniest sphincter could be the reason pettine is not starting manziel? UUHH...maybe he's not upt to par? maybe he still doesn't have a grasp of the playbook? maybe the coaching staff thinks he might get killed?
i really think that grossman would come in before manziel in a backup situation. trick play here or there...sure, why not? just don't let the kid get his head taken off by richard seymour
Let me ask you this.... Are you ok with losing every game that we don't have like 200 yards rushing? There are alot of teams out there that can win when the running game is down. The Browns are not one of them. So if your ok with that than Hoyer is for sure your guy and you can ride him as far as he or should I say Tate and Crowell can take this team. Maybe 8-8.
Never said I know more football than the NFL coaches as your post suggest, Did you even read it before you started blabbing. Just gave my opinion (which was play Johnny ) and also explained why that was my opinion! But here is an idea, UUHH......... maybe you have a rookie head coach who just took the safe route by playing the veteran game manager instead of the 1st round draft choice. That doesn't mean it was the right one. Just happens to be his call and not any of the fans.......... just because he is the coach doesn't mean he is always right. Just means its his choice not ours.
And let me go over this again. Not a Johnny homer but became a fan the second he became a brown. I as a fan just think he is a better fit for where this team is at right now. It just baffles me how many people just hold Hoyer up like he is gonna take us to the promise land. Got news for ya, that aint going to happen so the sooner we get on to the guy we drafted that IMO yes I said my OPINION is a better QB ( which is not saying to much though, it is just Hoyer after all ) the better off we are.
-
you like other manziel fans feel that way...and if you're a JF fan i get you.
BUT like i had posted in another couple of threads.do you really think that pettine or farmer or anyone else in the org is holding him back? really? do you guys ever sit down and think like "hey these guys are hired as NFL coaches and they might know a little bit more about football than me." what in the world's tiniest sphincter could be the reason pettine is not starting manziel? UUHH...maybe he's not upt to par? maybe he still doesn't have a grasp of the playbook? maybe the coaching staff thinks he might get killed?
i really think that grossman would come in before manziel in a backup situation. trick play here or there...sure, why not? just don't let the kid get his head taken off by richard seymour
Let me ask you this.... Are you ok with losing every game that we don't have like 200 yards rushing? There are alot of teams out there that can win when the running game is down. The Browns are not one of them. So if your ok with that than Hoyer is for sure your guy and you can ride him as far as he or should I say Tate and Crowell can take this team. Maybe 8-8.
Never said I know more football than the NFL coaches as your post suggest, Did you even read it before you started blabbing. Just gave my opinion (which was play Johnny ) and also explained why that was my opinion! But here is an idea, UUHH......... maybe you have a rookie head coach who just took the safe route by playing the veteran game manager instead of the 1st round draft choice. That doesn't mean it was the right one. Just happens to be his call and not any of the fans.......... just because he is the coach doesn't mean he is always right. Just means its his choice not ours.
And let me go over this again. Not a Johnny homer but became a fan the second he became a brown. I as a fan just think he is a better fit for where this team is at right now. It just baffles me how many people just hold Hoyer up like he is gonna take us to the promise land. Got news for ya, that aint going to happen so the sooner we get on to the guy we drafted that IMO yes I said my OPINION is a better QB ( which is not saying to much though, it is just Hoyer after all ) the better off we are.
Not a Johnny homer but became a fan the second he became a brown.
Ha! The irony is incredible.
It was hoyer, not the run game, that led game winning drives for the browns. While we all might be a little high on hoyer, he's the best we've had in a long time (not that youd know) and in the coaches eyes, he's the best we have now.
-
You mess the oline up, the offense presses and the whole thing
gets out of sync.
Tom Brady isn't immune to having a bad game because of it, either.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/30/tom-brady_n_5907176.html
-
too soon..??...we're 6 games into the season and have 3 losses......if you're generous, you give hoyer one more chance to turn his performance around.....if he screws the pooch yet again, i gotta believe the coaches will decide to give manziel a chance.....
Did you expect better than .500 going into game 6? If so how much better?
Please explain how you can pin the loss to Pittsburgh and Baltimore on Hoyer? Or how Hoyer was the only factor in the loss yesterday.
-
Fool looked like garbage, showed us who he is, a scared QB who is aafraid of taking this team to the next level and dropping the ball. Johnny Maziel Time.
Throws were horrible, not accurate at all.
Garbage Long ball
Garbage Garbage Garbage.
Fool looked like garbage, showed us who he is, a scared QB who is aafraid of taking this team to the next level and dropping the ball. Johnny Maziel Time.
Throws were horrible, not accurate at all.
Garbage Long ball
Garbage Garbage Garbage.
You fair weather fans make us sick. Last week after he manhandled the Stealers, you were laughing, saying how good he was yadaa, yadaa. Now one bad game and its time to throw everything away and go with a green rookie. COM-ON-MAN! Your football knowledge is Garbage...
-
I don't love any of the quarterbacks. Whoever does the job is fine by me. If hoyers fucks up this week, I say give JFF a chance.
-
Simmer down, Hoyer will be just fine. All these fans with all the knee jerk reactions and being overly critical about Hoyer after 1 stinker of a game is CRAZY! Give credit to the Jags, they beat our ass! Its the NFL!! That shit happens, and to the good teams too! IMO this one was on the coaches first and foremost, then terrible execution by the whole team. Even though Hoyers a 6 yr. Vet, hes only started 10 games in his career, so in my mind he still got alot of upside and improvement to make. Ive seen games and flashes from him to make me think that he very well can achieve "ELITE" status. Just gonna take more hard work. Its to early to toss him aside IMO. Could come back to haunt us bigtime if they give up on him too soon....
-
I think we (well, most of us) can agree that Sunday's meltdown was a team effort.
Everyone contributed to the smell of ass.
Agree with this, that everyone sucked but with that being said. When everyone is playing bad a team should be able to rely on the QB to carry them through that game ( especially against probably the worst team in the league ). Our leader just folded under the pressure of having to perform at a higher level when his team needed him the most. Running game or not, The QB of an NFL team needs to rise up in a game like that and Hoyer did the exact opposite of that and failed his team badly. Now I am not a Johnny homer by any means but I do think he has an uncanny ability to take over a game and carry his team when they need him to, something I just do not think Hoyer can or will ever be able to do.
I for one am tired of the browns ( and some of their fans ) just being ok with finding a QB to be a game manager and being happy with that. We need a fucking BALLER who can take us to another level and not just manage a game but take it over. TBH I can't wait for Johnny to get his shot because I think he could be that guy ( notice I said could not will be ) but one thing I do know....................... Hoyer is 100% not that guy.
Agree with this, that everyone sucked but with that being said. When everyone is playing bad a team should be able to rely on the QB to carry them through that game ( especially against probably the worst team in the league ). Our leader just folded under the pressure of having to perform at a higher level when his team needed him the most. Running game or not, The QB of an NFL team needs to rise up in a game like that and Hoyer did the exact opposite of that and failed his team badly.
I for one am tired of the browns ( and some of their fans ) just being ok with finding a QB to be a game manager and being happy with that. We need a fucking BALLER who can take us to another level and not just manage a game but take it over. TBH I can't wait for Johnny to get his shot because I think he could be that guy ( notice I said could not will be ) but one thing I do know....................... Hoyer is 100% not that guy.
And I know you don't know jack about football. Frustration? You got that cold, but not football.
A QB can win without a running game... Hoyer can... and he has. MN with only 103 yds rushing. CIN with 89 yds rushing.
What no QB can do is win without a ground game and being under pressure.
The fumble... pressure... officially hit just before started throwing motion.
The INT... pressure... hit below the knees just as he threw.
Did Hoyer make bad throws as well? Yes. Missed TD to Cam and the underthrown, deep ball after the boot left were both bad throws. But they were also incompletions... and they beat some alternatives.
I watched the game twice and while it wasn't Hoyer's best game, I can't hold him responsible for the loss.
It took me two viewings to see two things:
- what a total team effort this loss was.
- how well Hoyer actually played in stretches.
Let me ask you this.... Are you ok with losing every game that we don't have like 200 yards rushing? There are alot of teams out there that can win when the running game is down.
I as a fan just think he is a better fit for where this team is at right now. It just baffles me how many people just hold Hoyer up like he is gonna take us to the promise land. Got news for ya, that aint going to happen so the sooner we get on to the guy we drafted that IMO yes I said my OPINION is a better QB ( which is not saying to much though, it is just Hoyer after all ) the better off we are.
1. Your 200 yard question is a bullshit question as we have not run for 200 in a single game victory... 122, 176 and 158 are our rushing totals in our wins.
2. We get it. You're baffled and you're entitled to your opinion. Enjoy...
-
@everlastingxxx said:
I havent posted much, been basking in my Cowboys glory. They have been kicking ass this season, in case you didnt notice, lol.
Anyways, i did watch the Browns game on NFL Rewind. Hoyer was garbage. Looks like the same type of bad throws he made during training camp. NFL QBs dont miss that TD throw in the endzone. Browns had no business losing that game. That one was on Hoyer.
I just imagine how good this team would be with Manziel at the helm. Pettine is an idiot if he doesnt make the switch soon before its too late.
You sound like a complete dick. Been "too busy" to come here because of your 'boys kicking ass? Congrats if that was your goal. All quiet when Hoyer and the Browns are looking good, then one bad game and you miraculously show up to profess more of your Manziel love.
Cowboys doing well....until December rolls around again. Unfortunately that means you'll be here more often, spouting more love exclusively for Manziel instead of the Cleveland Browns.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login