Skip to content

Do juiced-up Steelers teams deserve asterisks?

The Browns Board
231 30 12.0k
  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by

    JosephSixpack said:

    Considering we've now got confirmed 'roid use in the '50s, I'd keep those asterisks in my back pocket for now. You never know when you might need some to put on a Browns helmet.

    Newsflash !!!!! My Coaches always told me...it aint Cheatin If you dont get CAUGHT !! Not to say its right , but that's How we were raised up. I remember Football Coaches showing holding tactics to O-linemen... geezz...My Basketball Coaches were wizards when it came to ways to gain an "Advantage". I am Just saying it is NO Surprise that Guys used "Supplements" to gain an edge too !!! Even in the 50`s...

  • JosephSixpack said:

    Considering we've now got confirmed 'roid use in the '50s, I'd keep those asterisks in my back pocket for now. You never know when you might need some to put on a Browns helmet.

    Newsflash !!!!! My Coaches always told me...it aint Cheatin If you dont get CAUGHT !! Not to say its right , but that's How we were raised up. I remember Football Coaches showing holding tactics to O-linemen... geezz...My Basketball Coaches were wizards when it came to ways to gain an "Advantage". I am Just saying it is NO Surprise that Guys used "Supplements" to gain an edge too !!! Even in the 50`s...

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by

    FREAKofSTEEL08 said:

    Newsflash !!!!! My Coaches always told me...it aint Cheatin If you dont get CAUGHT !! Not to say its right , but that's How we were raised up. I remember Football Coaches showing holding tactics to O-linemen... geezz...My Basketball Coaches were wizards when it came to ways to gain an "Advantage". I am Just saying it is NO Surprise that Guys used "Supplements" to gain an edge too !!! Even in the 50`s...
  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    Now you've got your team motto to go along with your new logo, the asterisk.

    Zombo

    --Mrs. Freak has the same motto from what I hear...

    Way to take it from out of Context. And Did you Play sports ? Tell me your coaches didnt show you things to get around the Rules of the Game ! So..again with Huge $$$$ Riding on Performance , we are surprised ? Come on man...

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    *
  • S Spunkonmyback DPOY wrote on last edited by

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    *

    How can the league even attempt to dimish the Steelers success when we didn't do anything that they forbidden?

  • S Snatch98 wrote on last edited by

    Why is this thread still alive? Is this the bitter bobby convention?

  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by

    Zombo said:

    Yeah, I played football, basketball, baseball ... and remarkabley, not one coach asked if it was OK to take a syringe full of an illegal human growth hormone that would be detrimental to my long-term health and inject it in my ass so that I could be bigger and stronger than the other kids and inflict my will upon them.

    Nope. Can't say that happened.

    Zombo

    Dude I agree with THAT...But we were taught to stretch and even Break rules. So move up to the Pros and $$$$$$ is large...I am just saying NO SURPRISE.

  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by

    @inspecta said:

    It's actually still alive due to your boys who feel the need to play white knight after every post. They don't even realize they are being strung along. Not the brightest bunch out there on the net I can tell you that

    Maybe we Like being strung along...what else we gonna do...Talk about the Pirates latest 5 yr. plan ??? I will watch baseball and roll my eyes into the back of my head. But I will watch.

  • DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by

    Obviously it was because they re-embarked in '05 and '08.

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by

    @inspecta said:

    It's actually still alive due to your boys who feel the need to play white knight after every post. They don't even realize they are being strung along. Not the brightest bunch out there on the net I can tell you that

    😒

    and the Steelroids will forever be remembered not for winning but for cheating.

  • ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by

    can we please stop talking about this. everyone is just repeating themselves. this has gone on long enough. it's put this thread to rest.

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by

    Steelroids Steelroids Steelroids Steelroids

  • JosephSixpack said:

    So by that measure, you should hate Jim Brown and totally reject anything the Browns achieved in the '50s right? I mean, Jimmy was getting hauled in for rage-fueled wifey abuse while Bradshaw was still up in his high chair eating his baby food.

    Just like Jim somehow managed to be 1) bigger than his guards that blocked for him, yet 2) faster than his wide receivers. Now how is that possible? Imagine if Frankenback had played for the Steelers, how you'd be all over him! You know, just like you completely glossed over the Van Pelt story, as if it never happened. Which proves again my point -- it's not about 'roids, it's about singling out the Steelers for some hypocritical bashing.

    Again, why would you rag on the Steelers, or any other team, instead of the guys who actually STARTED the whole 'roids thing in the first place? Shouldn't you be directing your criticism at them now? Hmmm.

    According to the Pittsburgh Steeler: "False Glory is a True story!" Hard to find better scoreboard than checkmate.

    My advice: finish that 6 pack, get some well needed sleep and buy some more beer tomorrow Joey! I know you're depressed but if you kill enough brain cells drinking - you'll remain too confused to feel the emotional pain. If someone tells you they think you have a drinking problem - you just ask them "does it look like I'm having any trouble drinking?"

    As you were...,

    - Tom F. (And about that college basketball team: "Beware the Ides of March!")

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    According to the Pittsburgh Steeler: "False Glory is a True story!" Hard to find better scoreboard than checkmate.

    My advice: finish that 6 pack, get some well needed sleep and buy some more beer tomorrow Joey! I know you're depressed but if you kill enough brain cells drinking - you'll remain too confused to feel the emotional pain. If someone tells you they think you have a drinking problem - you just ask them "does it look like I'm having any trouble drinking?"

    As you were...,

    - Tom F. (And about that college basketball team: "Beware the Ides of March!")

    Remember this warning I gave yinz about Mid March??? I know your town has liked the needle since Salk passed through there so I thought I'd needle yinz a little more. Just imagine if dirty needles made basketballs go through hoops better - there'd be more parades in Pittsburgh. Just be happy the kids will live longer. If you're gonna cheat at anything - cheat death! The soul ain't for sale kids!!!!

    - Tom F. (How about my HOT Syracuse Orangemen from Upstate, NY?)

  • can we please stop talking about this. everyone is just repeating themselves. this has gone on long enough. it's put this thread to rest.

    Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    can we please stop talking about this. everyone is just repeating themselves. this has gone on long enough. it's put this thread to rest.

    I disagree, I think this thread may have achieved the Cheerleader thread status. It needs to be bumped occasionally to remind our wonderful friends from Pittsburgh what a bunch of cheaters their football team is.

    Keeps 'em humble you know.

  • @clevelandfanforlife said:

    can we please stop talking about this. everyone is just repeating themselves. this has gone on long enough. it's put this thread to rest.

    I disagree, I think this thread may have achieved the Cheerleader thread status. It needs to be bumped occasionally to remind our wonderful friends from Pittsburgh what a bunch of cheaters their football team is.

    Keeps 'em humble you know.

    S Snatch98 wrote on last edited by

    @riffer-x said:

    I disagree, I think this thread may have achieved the Cheerleader thread status. It needs to be bumped occasionally to remind our wonderful friends from Pittsburgh what a bunch of cheaters their football team is.

    Keeps 'em humble you know.

    Of Riff-daddy. The chargers article said plenty to "debunk" the stereotype that parades it's way through this thread on each page. Believe what you will but Steroids did not bring the 6 lombardi's to Pittsburgh. The end.

  • @riffer-x said:

    I disagree, I think this thread may have achieved the Cheerleader thread status. It needs to be bumped occasionally to remind our wonderful friends from Pittsburgh what a bunch of cheaters their football team is.

    Keeps 'em humble you know.

    Of Riff-daddy. The chargers article said plenty to "debunk" the stereotype that parades it's way through this thread on each page. Believe what you will but Steroids did not bring the 6 lombardi's to Pittsburgh. The end.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @snatch98 said:

    Of Riff-daddy. The chargers article said plenty to "debunk" the stereotype that parades it's way through this thread on each page. Believe what you will but Steroids did not bring the 6 lombardi's to Pittsburgh. The end.

    The Chargers article does NOT supercede what has been prononced the steroids era and what team was labelled by an overwhelming majority as the steroids poster boys. We could compare premature funerals but I think you stay just as disappointed with the results. If you're gonna CHEAT - cheat death by remembering the soul ain't for sale.

    Like the former Steeler said - unfortunately False Glory is a True Story!

    - Tom F. (When I think of the 70s, like any fan outside of Pittsburgh, if I hear Steeler the first word I associate that with is Stee-roid)

  • BUNSofSTEEL08B BUNSofSTEEL08 wrote on last edited by

    HILARIOUS BUNCH YOU ARE !!

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by

    TheJokersWILD said:

    The Steelers next draft selection ace-ventura04.jpg

    That's what they look like BEFORE getting to Pissburgh and go through their awesome "strength" and "conditioning" program.

    after?

    post-230-1237206172_thumb.jpg

  • S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by

    This is what stains fans don't get - starting lies like this thread just piles on to the massive heap of bad karma that's burying the stains organization.

    So now your franchise is destined for another 10 years of pathetic losing, staph infections and star signings getting drunk and killing people.

    Regards

    .... an'at

    .

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by

    What? All I can see are asterisks.

    *