Skip to content

Where the F is Crowell

The Browns Board
61 28 2.5k
  • Yup...

    Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.

    Brian and I are happy West played today...

    What a fuckin' block...

    letsgojacketsL letsgojackets wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup...

    Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.

    Brian and I are happy West played today...

    What a fuckin' block...

    block was nasty

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I guess he has fumbled more than West/Tate. He is however our most electrifying runner. I think it's a little crazy he gets 0 snaps

  • Yup...

    Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.

    Brian and I are happy West played today...

    What a fuckin' block...

    BrownB499B BrownB499 wrote on last edited by BrownB499
    #6

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup...

    Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.

    Brian and I are happy West played today...

    What a fuckin' block...

    Gilbert must practice like a HOFer then ...Otherwise I have no idea how he ever gets on the field.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Gilbert has played well the last 2 weeks.

  • I guess he has fumbled more than West/Tate. He is however our most electrifying runner. I think it's a little crazy he gets 0 snaps

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @comeonman said:

    I guess he has fumbled more than West/Tate. He is however our most electrifying runner. I think it's a little crazy he gets 0 snaps

    Being an electrifying runner means little if you're a liability to put the ball on the ground.

    Just ask how the Saints defense appreciated AP being an "electrifying" runner circa 09 NFC championship.

  • @comeonman said:

    I guess he has fumbled more than West/Tate. He is however our most electrifying runner. I think it's a little crazy he gets 0 snaps

    Being an electrifying runner means little if you're a liability to put the ball on the ground.

    Just ask how the Saints defense appreciated AP being an "electrifying" runner circa 09 NFC championship.

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @tiamat63 said:

    Being an electrifying runner means little if you're a liability to put the ball on the ground.

    Just ask how the Saints defense appreciated AP being an "electrifying" runner circa 09 NFC championship.

    lol bad comparison so far but I get what you're saying. I still don't think Crow is a liability. Could be wrong
  • @tiamat63 said:

    Being an electrifying runner means little if you're a liability to put the ball on the ground.

    Just ask how the Saints defense appreciated AP being an "electrifying" runner circa 09 NFC championship.

    lol bad comparison so far but I get what you're saying. I still don't think Crow is a liability. Could be wrong
    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @comeonman said:

    lol bad comparison so far but I get what you're saying. I still don't think Crow is a liability. Could be wrong

    How is that at all a bad comparison?

    And it doesn't matter what any of is think, the coaching staff sees Crow as a liability. Zero carries would say that as well. So it would tend to back up one of our opinions.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

  • Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @gumby73 said:

    Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

    He sat Gilbert in favor of Williams, Manziel in favor of Hoyer and West in favor of Crow the week previous.

    Care to get a clue...?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

    He sat Gilbert in favor of Williams, Manziel in favor of Hoyer and West in favor of Crow the week previous.

    Care to get a clue...?

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tiamat63 said:

    He sat Gilbert in favor of Williams, Manziel in favor of Hoyer and West in favor of Crow the week previous.

    Care to get a clue...?

    And we are 5-3. I will concede that Pettine knows more than I do about football
  • Yup...

    Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.

    Brian and I are happy West played today...

    What a fuckin' block...

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup...Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.Brian and I are happy West played today...What a fuckin' block...

    Play of the game IMHO

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I think we would be better of going back to Crow / Tate. Crow had the 3 fumbles in one game but I don't recall any issues prior to that game. Our running game sucks enough that it is worth the gamble with our upcoming schedule. Hook him up working with Tiki Barber. He used to be a fumble machine before he became a stud.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yup...

    Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.

    Brian and I are happy West played today...

    What a fuckin' block...

    block was nasty

    5150k95 5150k9 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @letsgojackets said:

    block was nasty

    that block gets the game ball.....

  • @letsgojackets said:

    block was nasty

    that block gets the game ball.....

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @5150k9 said:

    that block gets the game ball.....

    It was an awesome block. The flag at the end of the play scared the shit out of me
  • @letsgojackets said:

    block was nasty

    that block gets the game ball.....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @5150k9 said:

    that block gets the game ball.....

    certainly at least a dog bone...

  • Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @kvoethe said:

    Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

    Well said.

    I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I like what I saw from West today. He executed in all aspects.

    His block set helped set up the touchdown. He caught a TD. And he didn't dance.. and was physical, finishing runs hard.

    He has some serious upside.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

    Well said.

    I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.

    Agree... check Pettine's post-game presser out. Talked about West earning his carries and an expanded role after "his best week of practice."

    Doesn't mean Crow won't get shots Thursday nite... with fresh legs he just might. But today? No...

    It does seem to me that a HC with an OC background is more tolerant of an RB losing a fumble here and there, than is a HC with a DC background. No data... just an impression...

  • A Andruw u wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Saving him for Thurs., at least that's my story for now. Fresh legs early and late in the game.

    Beat the f'ing Bengals.