Skip to content

Where the F is Crowell

The Browns Board
61 28 2.5k
  • Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @gumby73 said:

    Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

    He sat Gilbert in favor of Williams, Manziel in favor of Hoyer and West in favor of Crow the week previous.

    Care to get a clue...?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

    He sat Gilbert in favor of Williams, Manziel in favor of Hoyer and West in favor of Crow the week previous.

    Care to get a clue...?

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tiamat63 said:

    He sat Gilbert in favor of Williams, Manziel in favor of Hoyer and West in favor of Crow the week previous.

    Care to get a clue...?

    And we are 5-3. I will concede that Pettine knows more than I do about football
  • Yup...

    Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.

    Brian and I are happy West played today...

    What a fuckin' block...

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup...Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.Brian and I are happy West played today...What a fuckin' block...

    Play of the game IMHO

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I think we would be better of going back to Crow / Tate. Crow had the 3 fumbles in one game but I don't recall any issues prior to that game. Our running game sucks enough that it is worth the gamble with our upcoming schedule. Hook him up working with Tiki Barber. He used to be a fumble machine before he became a stud.

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yup...

    Remember... with this regime you have to practice well to play.

    Brian and I are happy West played today...

    What a fuckin' block...

    block was nasty

    5150k95 5150k9 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @letsgojackets said:

    block was nasty

    that block gets the game ball.....

  • @letsgojackets said:

    block was nasty

    that block gets the game ball.....

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @5150k9 said:

    that block gets the game ball.....

    It was an awesome block. The flag at the end of the play scared the shit out of me
  • @letsgojackets said:

    block was nasty

    that block gets the game ball.....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @5150k9 said:

    that block gets the game ball.....

    certainly at least a dog bone...

  • Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @kvoethe said:

    Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

    Well said.

    I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #21

    I like what I saw from West today. He executed in all aspects.

    His block set helped set up the touchdown. He caught a TD. And he didn't dance.. and was physical, finishing runs hard.

    He has some serious upside.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Im not sold on taint, he reminds me of a guy who when you need 1 yard he will get you 3 and when you need 5 yards he will get you 3.

    Well said.

    I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I kinda like how Pettine is handling the 3 RBs though. Tate is like the de facto starter, but when he ain't getting it done, more carries start going to West or Crowell. And those 2 seem to have the fire under their ass constantly to compete with each other to be the primary backup, which can only be good for the team.

    Agree... check Pettine's post-game presser out. Talked about West earning his carries and an expanded role after "his best week of practice."

    Doesn't mean Crow won't get shots Thursday nite... with fresh legs he just might. But today? No...

    It does seem to me that a HC with an OC background is more tolerant of an RB losing a fumble here and there, than is a HC with a DC background. No data... just an impression...

  • A Andruw u wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Saving him for Thurs., at least that's my story for now. Fresh legs early and late in the game.

    Beat the f'ing Bengals.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Won't matter how fresh his legs are if the line can't run block.

  • lodiloboL lodilobo wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Does anyone have any reliable info on Crowell? Why aren't we using our best running back? It's not like we don't need him.

  • OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
    #26

    All I've heard is part of it is his ball security issues. The coaches have said they decide who plays based on how they perform in practice (and apparently West has been tearing it up in practice), and according to Pettine, it's Montgomery, the RB coach, who determines the carries during the game.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #27
  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I may be wrong as usual but I suspect we see his fresh legs at some point tonight. The Bengals run D has sucked over the last month, we need to take advantage. On a side note I ended up staying in Cincy tonight on the way home from TN. They dont seem to like it here in the bar when i say "here kitty kitty" and then bark loud in their faces haha

  • A ahitz3 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    My hopes are that they have been saving him for TONIGHT. While that may be far fetched, I still believe they know who the best back is right now. If some holes can open tonight, I hope it's the Crow hittin' em. I like West and Tate a lot, but I feel as a though Crowell adds that real spark reminiscent of J Cribbs. Would be mind boggling to me if he doesn't get a boat load of action tonight.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    suffering from a mean case of the fumbalitis.

  • Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

    Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @gumby73 said:

    Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

    You said a mouth full. With West and Crowell the one-two punch would wear a defense down.