Skip to content

Where the F is Crowell

The Browns Board
61 28 2.5k
  • OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
    #26

    All I've heard is part of it is his ball security issues. The coaches have said they decide who plays based on how they perform in practice (and apparently West has been tearing it up in practice), and according to Pettine, it's Montgomery, the RB coach, who determines the carries during the game.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #27
  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I may be wrong as usual but I suspect we see his fresh legs at some point tonight. The Bengals run D has sucked over the last month, we need to take advantage. On a side note I ended up staying in Cincy tonight on the way home from TN. They dont seem to like it here in the bar when i say "here kitty kitty" and then bark loud in their faces haha

  • A ahitz3 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    My hopes are that they have been saving him for TONIGHT. While that may be far fetched, I still believe they know who the best back is right now. If some holes can open tonight, I hope it's the Crow hittin' em. I like West and Tate a lot, but I feel as a though Crowell adds that real spark reminiscent of J Cribbs. Would be mind boggling to me if he doesn't get a boat load of action tonight.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #30

    suffering from a mean case of the fumbalitis.

  • Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

    Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @gumby73 said:

    Crow hits a hole with no dance moves.I don't think this new line can open one that quick. Our best back tandem is Crow and West,would love to see it if pettine stops luvin the player and start luvin the talent.

    You said a mouth full. With West and Crowell the one-two punch would wear a defense down.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Here's hoping Crowell has a good game and our running game comes back. I like all three and would use them. When you don't have a mobile quarterback you need the backs. Go Browns!!

  • Won't matter how fresh his legs are if the line can't run block.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @tiamat63 said:

    Won't matter how fresh his legs are if the line can't run block.

    It apparently matters, he is ripping off chunk yardage. If he can protect the ball he is by far the best back we have period.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Won't matter how fresh his legs are if the line can't run block.

    It apparently matters, he is ripping off chunk yardage. If he can protect the ball he is by far the best back we have period.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @jcam222 said:

    It apparently matters, he is ripping off chunk yardage. If he can protect the ball he is by far the best back we have period.

    If...

    The line created creases, if not holes. All the backs performed well. None stood out on the stat sheet, but Crow is undeniably the flashiest runner, but the least complete.

    He's also still the #3...

  • mohicanM mohican wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Ben Tate looked slow in comparison to the Baby Backs. Crowell needs to develope ball security.

  • Ben Tate looked slow in comparison to the Baby Backs. Crowell needs to develope ball security.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @mohican said:

    Ben Tate looked slow in comparison to the Baby Backs.

    On some plays... yes... but much has to do on whether there's somewhere to run. Case in point look at Tate's run near the goal line. Hit the middle hard and fast.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Our RB's are gonna be an issue next year. I don't see us able to keep all 3, which sucks...cause I have no idea who is the low man among them. It literally changes every week. All the guys looked pretty good last night, but then again our line utterly fisted the Bengals. West did look good though, 2nd straight game for him...maybe he's separating I dunno. Crowell looks wild to me, runs like he's gonna fall down at any minute. On some runs it's awesome, on others I think it fucks up his timing.

  • Our RB's are gonna be an issue next year. I don't see us able to keep all 3, which sucks...cause I have no idea who is the low man among them. It literally changes every week. All the guys looked pretty good last night, but then again our line utterly fisted the Bengals. West did look good though, 2nd straight game for him...maybe he's separating I dunno. Crowell looks wild to me, runs like he's gonna fall down at any minute. On some runs it's awesome, on others I think it fucks up his timing.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @clevfan4life said:

    Our RB's are gonna be an issue next year. I don't see us able to keep all 3...

    Why not?

  • Our RB's are gonna be an issue next year. I don't see us able to keep all 3, which sucks...cause I have no idea who is the low man among them. It literally changes every week. All the guys looked pretty good last night, but then again our line utterly fisted the Bengals. West did look good though, 2nd straight game for him...maybe he's separating I dunno. Crowell looks wild to me, runs like he's gonna fall down at any minute. On some runs it's awesome, on others I think it fucks up his timing.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @clevfan4life said:

    Our RB's are gonna be an issue next year. I don't see us able to keep all 3, which sucks...cause I have no idea who is the low man among them. It literally changes every week. All the guys looked pretty good last night, but then again our line utterly fisted the Bengals. West did look good though, 2nd straight game for him...maybe he's separating I dunno. Crowell looks wild to me, runs like he's gonna fall down at any minute. On some runs it's awesome, on others I think it fucks up his timing.

    Crowell is a UDFA, West a 3rd round pick....both will be under contract. The only "difficulty" could be Ben Tate because...perhaps....he will be a FA again. I am not sure of his contract status.....1 year deal only?

    I don't see it being a big issue. If Tate is not here, then the Browns go with West/Crowell. If he is here, there is no issue.

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #40

    They are all under contract next year(Tate signed for 2 yrs).

  • They are all under contract next year(Tate signed for 2 yrs).

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @manzier said:

    They are all under contract next year(Tate signed for 2 yrs).

    Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.

    Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.

    Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.

    All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Where is Crowell? In the end zone

  • @manzier said:

    They are all under contract next year(Tate signed for 2 yrs).

    Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.

    Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.

    Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.

    All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.

    Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.

    Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.

    All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.

    And I think we need 3 backs and will probably keep them another year. Gotta have 2 ready each game and the injury to Tate shows how quick they can go down. BUT, if Winston is as good as some think, then maybe one becomes expendable and can be trade bait at draft time. The only one I see as being valuable(trade wise) is West, who I think could get a 2nd rounder. Dont think Tate(and his 1 yr contract) or Crowell would pull anything close to that though.

    Personally, West looks like the best one right now. Would hate to see him go.

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #44

    I'm glad we got all 3, really. Heading into the second half of the season, and dare l say playoffs, it'll be great to have 3 solid rushers with plenty of tread left.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yup... thru 2015... and Crow thru 2016 and West thru 2017.

    Only issue I see is we do not have a "home run" threat on our roster. Plenty of quicks, but no burner that looks capable of taking it to the house.

    Similarly none appear to be true, "beast mode" types... with Crow coming the closest.

    All are kinda the same with differences in their make-up, but the differences are not so great that you could not throw a blanket over them.

    And I think we need 3 backs and will probably keep them another year. Gotta have 2 ready each game and the injury to Tate shows how quick they can go down. BUT, if Winston is as good as some think, then maybe one becomes expendable and can be trade bait at draft time. The only one I see as being valuable(trade wise) is West, who I think could get a 2nd rounder. Dont think Tate(and his 1 yr contract) or Crowell would pull anything close to that though.

    Personally, West looks like the best one right now. Would hate to see him go.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @manzier said:

    And I think we need 3 backs and will probably keep them another year. Gotta have 2 ready each game and the injury to Tate shows how quick they can go down. BUT, if Winston is as good as some think, then maybe one becomes expendable and can be trade bait at draft time. The only one I see as being valuable(trade wise) is West, who I think could get a 2nd rounder. Dont think Tate(and his 1 yr contract) or Crowell would pull anything close to that though.

    Personally, West looks like the best one right now. Would hate to see him go.

    Agree completely... would only add to your analytical mix 2015 prospects TBD...

    Lotta good tape on our two rooks increases the chance of some team out there sees a member of our "committee" as a potential, feature back for them. It could get interesting.