Things I think about things
-
On dissing Hoyer - waste of time, and wrong. He isn't Peyton Manning. Neither is Flacco.
Hoyer and the Browns BEAT the squealers in their backyard. The ratbirds just lost, badly,
same sewage area.
QUICK STATS (2014):HoyerTDS 10INT 4YDS 2,014RATING 90.3Last game 21/34 300 2 2*************************************************FlaccoTD 16INT 8YDS 2352RATING 90.7Last Game 30/45 303 2 1 -
On dissing Hoyer - waste of time, and wrong. He isn't Peyton Manning. Neither is Flacco.
Hoyer and the Browns BEAT the squealers in their backyard. The ratbirds just lost, badly,
same sewage area.
QUICK STATS (2014):HoyerTDS 10INT 4YDS 2,014RATING 90.3Last game 21/34 300 2 2*************************************************FlaccoTD 16INT 8YDS 2352RATING 90.7Last Game 30/45 303 2 1On dissing Hoyer - waste of time, and wrong. He isn't Peyton Manning. Neither is Flacco.
Hoyer and the Browns BEAT the squealers in their backyard. The ratbirds just lost, badly,
same sewage area.
QUICK STATS (2014):
Hoyer
TDS 10
INT 4
YDS 2,014
RATING 90.3
Last game 21/34 300 2 2
*************************************************
Flacco
TD 16
INT 8
YDS 2352
RATING 90.7
Last Game 30/45 303 2 1
The steelers team the browns played this season is not the same steelers team hitting the field right now.
-
On dissing Hoyer - waste of time, and wrong. He isn't Peyton Manning. Neither is Flacco.
Hoyer and the Browns BEAT the squealers in their backyard. The ratbirds just lost, badly,
same sewage area.
QUICK STATS (2014):
Hoyer
TDS 10
INT 4
YDS 2,014
RATING 90.3
Last game 21/34 300 2 2
*************************************************
Flacco
TD 16
INT 8
YDS 2352
RATING 90.7
Last Game 30/45 303 2 1
The steelers team the browns played this season is not the same steelers team hitting the field right now.
-
When the Browns lost Mack for the year...that really hit
the Browns offense hard. Losing Mack would mess with Manziel far worse
that Hoyer.
Here's some interesting numbers:
In the last five games, the bungles are 2-2-1, Browns are 4-1, the ratbirdsare 2-3, and the squealers are 4-1.This AFC n race is going to be fun. -
Meanwhile, I also think:
That Sunday's helmet to helmet on Hawkins was not called and
you wonder WTF not.
I mean, the ball was right there. Aren't refs supposed to be
watching that play, especially? How the hell can refs possibly
miss THAT one?
Yet, no call. If goodell was half a real man, he'd look into this crap.
-
It's a cliche but... "Any given Sunday." The margin between the best and worst team in the NFL is paper-thin. Replace one player on the Browns and suddenly we have no running game. Replace one player on the Cowboys and they can't even beat the Redskins and certainly not the Cardinals.
So yeah, it is the same Steelers team we beat earlier this season. This game is all about emotions as much as talent, and the Browns wanted that win more than the Steelers did, and the Steelers wanted to rebound from losing to us more than the Colts wanted to beat the Steelers.
-
On dissing Hoyer - waste of time, and wrong. He isn't Peyton Manning. Neither is Flacco.
Hoyer and the Browns BEAT the squealers in their backyard. The ratbirds just lost, badly,
same sewage area.
QUICK STATS (2014):
Hoyer
TDS 10
INT 4
YDS 2,014
RATING 90.3
Last game 21/34 300 2 2
*************************************************
Flacco
TD 16
INT 8
YDS 2352
RATING 90.7
Last Game 30/45 303 2 1
The steelers team the browns played this season is not the same steelers team hitting the field right now.
-
Hoyer did it (sure, not pretty, but got the job done and, yawn, his 4th 4th quarter comeback in 10 games) with no running game, no center, no Gordon and no Cameron.
Beat the fucking Bengals.
-
Look, we all know what Hoyer is at this stage of the game. But no matter how you slice it, the guy being behind center has equated to wins so far this season. Do I have a huge worry we are in for a gigantic reality check against the Bengals? You bet your sweet ass I am. But until Hoyer and crew start losing games in bunches, he's the guy to start, period. It's not hard to understand.
-
Another thing I think:
The Browns are currently ranked 21st in power rankings...
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/
Think of where they could have been with Gordon and Mack the entire season so far,
and no injuries to the defense...
I also think that Billy Winn is a giant ninja. We were laughing and replaying him
doing a Billy Winn Leap and blocking the field goal, again and again:

-
It is the exact same team
Martavis Bryant was inactive and James Harrison is still getting back in to game shape. Just the added wrinkle of Bryant has made a big difference with the offense so no its not the same team. The steelers are also playing at a much higher level.
-
The quandary I'm in with Hoyer is, he looks horrible at times, missing relatively simple throws - not Weeden simple, mind you - and yet he'll hit a couple of big plays, and all of a sudden we're in the end zone. He seems to spend most of the game not doing much, and yet still comes out with good numbers, and more often than not the W.
So I'll see him miss some throws and think "jesus, he's really not that great" and then he'll throw a couple of 30-yarders that put us in the end zone and pad his stats.
I do wonder what JFF could do in this offence - though without Mack I'm wondering it less - but how can you not stick with Hoyer when he finds ways to win, as mentioned, without a run game, without his pro-bowl center, tight-end and WR?
-
Another thing I think:
The Browns are currently ranked 21st in power rankings...
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/
Think of where they could have been with Gordon and Mack the entire season so far,
and no injuries to the defense...
I also think that Billy Winn is a giant ninja. We were laughing and replaying him
doing a Billy Winn Leap and blocking the field goal, again and again:

Another thing I think:
The Browns are currently ranked 21st in power rankings...
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/
Think of where they could have been with Gordon and Mack the entire season so far,
and no injuries to the defense...
I also think that Billy Winn is a giant ninja. We were laughing and replaying him
doing a Billy Winn Leap and blocking the field goal, again and again:

Holy shit, how did I miss that?!
-
Every single interview I listen to of the Browns, tells me that
these guys are on fire every week, and they thrive on the
"fifth man" at home, and they LOVE the competition,
they really are on board with the coaches.
I keep hearing them talk about teamwork.
that's Farmer bringing in guys who have character, and a LOVE for the game.
That's Pettine and the rest of the coaching staff doing a great, freaking job.
And Hoyer? He really has the admiration and respect of his teammates. Hey, Manziel's
time will come, and he will be ready.
These Browns mean BUSINESS.
-
I'm still laughing at that GIF !
Now, special teams are going to see that and figure...
"hey, we have to stand up a bit or he'll do that to us !"
which could mean, it gives the Browns guys more leverage.
I really shouldn't have posted that of Winn's block, laughing
and trying to eat breakfast is ridiculous.
-
The quandary I'm in with Hoyer is, he looks horrible at times, missing relatively simple throws - not Weeden simple, mind you - and yet he'll hit a couple of big plays, and all of a sudden we're in the end zone. He seems to spend most of the game not doing much, and yet still comes out with good numbers, and more often than not the W.
So I'll see him miss some throws and think "jesus, he's really not that great" and then he'll throw a couple of 30-yarders that put us in the end zone and pad his stats.
I do wonder what JFF could do in this offence - though without Mack I'm wondering it less - but how can you not stick with Hoyer when he finds ways to win, as mentioned, without a run game, without his pro-bowl center, tight-end and WR?
The quandary I'm in with Hoyer is, he looks horrible at times, missing relatively simple throws - not Weeden simple, mind you - and yet he'll hit a couple of big plays, and all of a sudden we're in the end zone. He seems to spend most of the game not doing much, and yet still comes out with good numbers, and more often than not the W.
So I'll see him miss some throws and think "jesus, he's really not that great" and then he'll throw a couple of 30-yarders that put us in the end zone and pad his stats.
I do wonder what JFF could do in this offence - though without Mack I'm wondering it less - but how can you not stick with Hoyer when he finds ways to win, as mentioned, without a run game, without his pro-bowl center, tight-end and WR?
I'm finding it hard not to wonder the same thing. There were a few of those sacks on Hoyer that I wondered if we'd have seen a bit of JM's elusiveness in the pocket in action. I also wondered if JFF would've hit Tate in stride on that sideline pass. Should've been a TD and we came away with an FG on that one. But as long as we are winning I think we need to take the long view and let JM sit and develop slowly.
-
And that's also true - Manziel's excellent mobility would really
have come in handy on several plays, where Hoyer isn't
the same mobility wise.
But I'd hate to see Manziel go in, and eventually get his clock cleaned/injured by
doing the rookie scrambling thing.
Yeah, there were plays I think Manziel could have really made, that Hoyer couldn't.
But Manziel still doesn't have Hoyer's qb experience with defenses. Winning record, stay the course.
-
It is the exact same team
Martavis Bryant was inactive and James Harrison is still getting back in to game shape. Just the added wrinkle of Bryant has made a big difference with the offense so no its not the same team. The steelers are also playing at a much higher level.
Martavis Bryant was inactive and James Harrison is still getting back in to game shape. Just the added wrinkle of Bryant has made a big difference with the offense so no its not the same team. The steelers are also playing at a much higher level.
I wouldn't go printing playoff or Super Bowl tickets yet. James Harrison is old and so is Polly. The Colts while a nice team.. are not there yet.. The Ravens are doing pretty well for a team in transition. I'm sure if the Steelers played Seattle and Denver back to back.. the results would be different.
-
Unfortunately, the Steelers get the Jets next week, so we'll have another week of Big Ben putting up big numbers and people talking about the Steelers as superbowl contenders. Unless they lay an egg and let Vick pick up 150 yards and 3 TDs with his legs.
-
Well, they were struggling, and they had to bring back their qb cheapshot artist.
Now they are winning. Go figure....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login