Hafner - "I've never used steroids"
-
You know I have said differently, but if that is his statement, then I believe him.
-
You know I have said differently, but if that is his statement, then I believe him.
Yep. I'm going to believe him until there's evidence that shoots that belief to hell. It's not his fault that he's a bulky guy in the steroid era.
That said, I've used up all of my "Ah crap"'s when it comes to athletes and their PED denials. Won't blink an eye if he's outed as a user. Won't really care. The only thing I'll care about is the fact that he lied about it.
But again, what else is supposed to do?
He's both a victim and a beneficiary of playing in this era that has been built on steroids.
Beanpot
-
i mean, he has been the same size since he joined the league. he didn't grow four sizes after coming into the majors. he seems legit.
-
i mean, he has been the same size since he joined the league. he didn't grow four sizes after coming into the majors. he seems legit.
i mean, he has been the same size since he joined the league. he didn't grow four sizes after coming into the majors. he seems legit.
First and Foremost I am an Indians Fan
Travis has always been a favorite of mine, I saw his 2002 card from the Rangers the other day( currently looking for it online to post it here)
He has a big frame and has added some muscle but no where near the steroids gym rats would have
I always felt he may have been just a bit too muscle bound to where it may impede his swing a little but that is my opinion.
I honestly believe that Hafner when he said didn't ever take steroids.
-
-
LOL, don't want to be the nagging coach, but that old baseball card of Hafner displays some poor technique at fielding a ball. Is he ever gonna get his throwing hand in to secure it away and cut down on the transfer? LOL
-
At this point in time.....no.
He isn't trying to make anything anymore, so there is no real incentive for him to be too concerned with mechanics.
If someone had told him he wouldn't make it out of 'A" ball unless he improved his fielding, he might have.
-
-
I hate those that used that went from skinny to huge ...

-
LOL, don't want to be the nagging coach, but that old baseball card of Hafner displays some poor technique at fielding a ball. Is he ever gonna get his throwing hand in to secure it away and cut down on the transfer? LOL
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login