Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. I thought I'd seen it all, now a Islamic terrorist leads prayer in our Senate

I thought I'd seen it all, now a Islamic terrorist leads prayer in our Senate

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
32 Posts 9 Posters 1.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
    • 28k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #1

    http://toprightnews.com/?p=7241

    "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
      • 15k Posts
      • 2k Reputation
      T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Pretty sad eh?

      Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
        • 15k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Church and state

        Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
          • 33k Posts
          • 3k Reputation
          MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I'd prefer no religious intrusion into govt, but do other religions ever hold prayers like this?

          Also, TopRighNews has to be the most biased, bullshit, fear mongering "news site" on the internet....

          Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 15k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Substitute "priest" with imam and woody is apoplectic with rage over this

            Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
            1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
              • 33k Posts
              • 3k Reputation
              MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
              #6

              ..... no answer then?

              Instead of telling me what I think and what I 'would' say, how about we address a very reasonable question. Have any other religions lead prayers in Congress?

              If you read my post, I already stated that I would prefer no religion to have any influence in congress, including opening prayers. If this is some unprecedented act in Congress, then yes, some outrage may be warranted. If it is something that has happened many times before (even though I disagree with doing it at all) then there really is no room for outrage.

              Not to mention the whole "all mulsims are terrorists" angle and then "they've claimed the USA for Islam! Thanks Obama!" shit gets old.

              Edit: http://chaplain.house.gov/archive/index.html (hit the search button) .... shocker, right?

              So, this is something that happens all the time, the just happened to let a Mulsim give the prayer that day. Oh my god no! But yes, I'd prefer this didn't take place at all, for any religion.

              Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • gftChris gftChrisG
                • 13k Posts
                • 428 Reputation
                gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                #7

                I particularly like: No mosque in the world would even even consider Christians to do the same.

                Not true. Many instances of it happening, like this

                http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/easter-at-the-mosque-sacramento-muslims-help-christian_n_1412663.html

                DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • gftChrisG gftChris

                  I particularly like: No mosque in the world would even even consider Christians to do the same.

                  Not true. Many instances of it happening, like this

                  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/easter-at-the-mosque-sacramento-muslims-help-christian_n_1412663.html

                  DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                  • 28k Posts
                  • 6k Reputation
                  DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @gftchris said:

                  I particularly like: No mosque in the world would even even consider Christians to do the same.

                  Not true. Many instances of it happening, like this

                  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/easter-at-the-mosque-sacramento-muslims-help-christian_n_1412663.html

                  From the left wing news huffingtonpost. Hardly reliable.

                  "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                  gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                    @gftchris said:

                    I particularly like: No mosque in the world would even even consider Christians to do the same.

                    Not true. Many instances of it happening, like this

                    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/easter-at-the-mosque-sacramento-muslims-help-christian_n_1412663.html

                    From the left wing news huffingtonpost. Hardly reliable.

                    gftChris gftChrisG
                    • 13k Posts
                    • 428 Reputation
                    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @diehardbrownsfan said:

                    From the left wing news huffingtonpost. Hardly reliable.

                    Yep, they faked the video, and the link to the local newspaper is a fraud as well.

                    gftChrisG 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • gftChrisG gftChris

                      @diehardbrownsfan said:

                      From the left wing news huffingtonpost. Hardly reliable.

                      Yep, they faked the video, and the link to the local newspaper is a fraud as well.

                      gftChris gftChrisG
                      • 13k Posts
                      • 428 Reputation
                      gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @gftchris said:

                      Yep, they faked the video, and the link to the local newspaper is a fraud as well.

                      Actually, the link doesn't work in that article. Let me find another 🙂

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • gftChris gftChrisG
                        • 13k Posts
                        • 428 Reputation
                        gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        There are a bunch of links to different sources in the article, pick your favourite.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 2k Posts
                          • 125 Reputation
                          OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Cysko you are smarter than to accept an article from Top Right News at face value. The language used in it is both manipulative and deceptive. I would point out specifics but people here either likely noticed it and saw it for what it is (Woody, Chris) or don't notice it and don't care.

                          And here is the link I believe Chris is looking for.

                          http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/04/08/mosque-allows-christian-church-in-to-hold-easter-services/

                          "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                          gftChrisG T 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • OsirisO Osiris

                            Cysko you are smarter than to accept an article from Top Right News at face value. The language used in it is both manipulative and deceptive. I would point out specifics but people here either likely noticed it and saw it for what it is (Woody, Chris) or don't notice it and don't care.

                            And here is the link I believe Chris is looking for.

                            http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/04/08/mosque-allows-christian-church-in-to-hold-easter-services/

                            gftChris gftChrisG
                            • 13k Posts
                            • 428 Reputation
                            gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @osiris said:

                            Cysko you are smarter than to accept an article from Top Right News at face value. The language used in it is both manipulative and deceptive. I would point out specifics but people here either likely noticed it and saw it for what it is (Woody, Chris) or don't notice it and don't care.

                            And here is the link I believe Chris is looking for.

                            http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/04/08/mosque-allows-christian-church-in-to-hold-easter-services/

                            I saw it was being planned last week and thought it would end up here.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • WalterWhite WalterWhiteW
                              • 3k Posts
                              • 183 Reputation
                              WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              Sand people, yuck

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 10k Posts
                                • 2k Reputation
                                LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                internet-troll.jpg

                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • OsirisO Osiris

                                  Cysko you are smarter than to accept an article from Top Right News at face value. The language used in it is both manipulative and deceptive. I would point out specifics but people here either likely noticed it and saw it for what it is (Woody, Chris) or don't notice it and don't care.

                                  And here is the link I believe Chris is looking for.

                                  http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/04/08/mosque-allows-christian-church-in-to-hold-easter-services/

                                  The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                  • 15k Posts
                                  • 2k Reputation
                                  T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @osiris said:

                                  Cysko you are smarter than to accept an article from Top Right News at face value. The language used in it is both manipulative and deceptive. I would point out specifics but people here either likely noticed it and saw it for what it is (Woody, Chris) or don't notice it and don't care.

                                  And here is the link I believe Chris is looking for.

                                  http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/04/08/mosque-allows-christian-church-in-to-hold-easter-services/

                                  Hey I personally don't care whether a priest, Imam, or David Koresh leads prayer hour or where. I don't hate muslims or Christians. But if you have this whole separation of church and state business nobody should be praying in congress. They don't need any distractions because they're already not getting anything done

                                  Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
                                  gftChrisG OsirisO 2 Replies Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • T The Cysko Kid

                                    @osiris said:

                                    Cysko you are smarter than to accept an article from Top Right News at face value. The language used in it is both manipulative and deceptive. I would point out specifics but people here either likely noticed it and saw it for what it is (Woody, Chris) or don't notice it and don't care.

                                    And here is the link I believe Chris is looking for.

                                    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/04/08/mosque-allows-christian-church-in-to-hold-easter-services/

                                    Hey I personally don't care whether a priest, Imam, or David Koresh leads prayer hour or where. I don't hate muslims or Christians. But if you have this whole separation of church and state business nobody should be praying in congress. They don't need any distractions because they're already not getting anything done

                                    gftChris gftChrisG
                                    • 13k Posts
                                    • 428 Reputation
                                    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @the-cysko-kid said:

                                    Hey I personally don't care whether a priest, Imam, or David Koresh leads prayer hour or where. I don't hate muslims or Christians. But if you have this whole separation of church and state business nobody should be praying in congress. They don't need any distractions because they're already not getting anything done

                                    Yep.

                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • T The Cysko Kid

                                      @osiris said:

                                      Cysko you are smarter than to accept an article from Top Right News at face value. The language used in it is both manipulative and deceptive. I would point out specifics but people here either likely noticed it and saw it for what it is (Woody, Chris) or don't notice it and don't care.

                                      And here is the link I believe Chris is looking for.

                                      http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/04/08/mosque-allows-christian-church-in-to-hold-easter-services/

                                      Hey I personally don't care whether a priest, Imam, or David Koresh leads prayer hour or where. I don't hate muslims or Christians. But if you have this whole separation of church and state business nobody should be praying in congress. They don't need any distractions because they're already not getting anything done

                                      Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 2k Posts
                                      • 125 Reputation
                                      OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @the-cysko-kid said:

                                      Hey I personally don't care whether a priest, Imam, or David Koresh leads prayer hour or where. I don't hate muslims or Christians. But if you have this whole separation of church and state business nobody should be praying in congress. They don't need any distractions because they're already not getting anything done

                                      Ah, okay, I misunderstood what you meant. Agreed, we need real separation of church and state.

                                      "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • gftChris gftChrisG
                                        • 13k Posts
                                        • 428 Reputation
                                        gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        On the topic of church and state, this came across my facebook today:

                                        http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/rachelwitkin/why_you_should_be_concerned_about_domino_founder_s_christian_enclave

                                        Dominos pizza founder bought the land to set up a town that's run by strict catholic laws. No contraception, no pill, no porn are the headlines...

                                        S 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                          • 39k Posts
                                          • 9k Reputation
                                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                          #20

                                          Did he hire any paramilitary troops to abduct people and force them to live in his town?

                                          If not I don't care. Also Domino's Pizza is a lot better than it used to be.

                                          WSS

                                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                          MLD WoodyM LogicIsForSquaresL 2 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate