Skip to content

Falcons Week 12

The Browns Board
34 22 1.8k
  • I also feel good about this one. The Browns will have to sit with the pain of getting shit on all week. These guys will be itching to get back on the field for some redemption.

  • Turn the page time...

    Here's the book on Atlanta...

    6th in Pass Offense averaging 271.2 YPG.

    25th in Rush Offense averaging 96.1 YPG.

    13th in scoring averaging 23.8 PPG.

    32nd in Pass Defense allowing 281.2 YPG.

    24th in Rush Defense allowing 122.2 YPG.

    23rd in Scoring Defense allowing 25.5 PPG.

    ... and it comes in a dome.

    @tour2ma said:

    Turn the page time...

    Here's the book on Atlanta...

    6th in Pass Offense averaging 271.2 YPG.

    25th in Rush Offense averaging 96.1 YPG.

    13th in scoring averaging 23.8 PPG.

    32nd in Pass Defense allowing 281.2 YPG.

    24th in Rush Defense allowing 122.2 YPG.

    23rd in Scoring Defense allowing 25.5 PPG.

    ... and it comes in a dome.

    Well, the Browns (increasingly beat up) defense has been making a habit of letting backup running backs look like Adrian Peterson.

  • After a home game debacle, 2 big road wins are capable {feed off Cinny road performance}.Att:NFL please keep Ed Jerk U Sleez and his crew off Browns game period.. Atlanta= 3 Headed RB Monster with OL performing, try to cover Gordon<Hawk will eat them up. Hoyer must be on time... Buffalo a great D questable O, Our D should get some picks on Orton and Hoyer has his biggest passing game ever. Both road games our D must hold them under 20..Time to show we legit and not falling out of this, Be The New Browns and perform like it.. Woof Woof...Hoyer the Road Destroyer..

  • I just hope the run defense shows up so it isn't grandpa Steven Jackson out there looking like he is young again. I believe the offense can get it together but those d-line injuries are killing the Browns.

  • Trenches. Atlanta, even with their starters aren't very strong up front. Good for them we've lost Dansby and Sheard. However I think Winn, Bryant and Kruger could do some damage. Our Secondary is more than capable

    of playing with that passing attack.

    On offense, grind it out and keep the ball away from Matty ice. The only way these fuckers stop the run game is if Shanny gives up on it.

  • So what you're suggesting Tour...is a shootout in the air? 🙂

    Atlanta's greatest strength is their passing game. We contain Ryan, Jones and White, we should be good. As Hoorta painfully reminded us however, we are generous to the RBs.

    Hoyer needs to make accurate throws. They are dead last in passing D so no excuses for that (unless his "perceived" pressure gets the best of him). Then, as long as Gordon doesn't need to shake off the rust, this should be a huge day for him. I see either that or he'll pull away defenders allowing Hawkins, maybe with a mix of Austin, having a big day.

    Altanta's poor rush D should help give a balance then too.

    It all looks good on paper...what could go wrong?

  • ATL is coming off two straight wins but over crappy NFC south teams Tampa and Carolina. As I've stated before with the defense being the way it is, the Browns are going to win or lose by putting points on the board. I think we have a good chance to rebound this week.

  • Sack info...

    ATL

    T-13 in sacks allowed at 20

    T-29 in sacks produced with 13

    CLE

    T-6 in sacks allowed at 15

    T-20 in sacks produced with 20

  • Just saw Atlanta is favored by 1.5 I like that as we seem to suck when people have high expectations, but still it's Atlanta, how could we be underdogs.

  • Just saw Atlanta is favored by 1.5 I like that as we seem to suck when people have high expectations, but still it's Atlanta, how could we be underdogs.

    @winstonlegthigh said:

    Just saw Atlanta is favored by 1.5 I like that as we seem to suck when people have high expectations, but still it's Atlanta, how could we be underdogs.

    We playing at Atlanta and they are playing much better than before. Not to mention, the odds makers dont have much faith in us.

  • Just saw Atlanta is favored by 1.5 I like that as we seem to suck when people have high expectations, but still it's Atlanta, how could we be underdogs.

    @winstonlegthigh said:

    Just saw Atlanta is favored by 1.5 I like that as we seem to suck when people have high expectations, but still it's Atlanta, how could we be underdogs.

    You probably realize the home team automatically gets three points on the spread. Book odds mean nothing. They're counting on bettors taking into account the Browns just played like crap against the Texans.

  • @winstonlegthigh said:

    Just saw Atlanta is favored by 1.5 I like that as we seem to suck when people have high expectations, but still it's Atlanta, how could we be underdogs.

    You probably realize the home team automatically gets three points on the spread. Book odds mean nothing. They're counting on bettors taking into account the Browns just played like crap against the Texans.

    @hoorta said:

    You probably realize the home team automatically gets three points on the spread. Book odds mean nothing. They're counting on bettors taking into account the Browns just played like crap against the Texans.

    I do, and I always find that odd that when a team plays bad, they are immediately underdogs. Personally if a good team plays bad one week, I expect them to come out playing hard looking to prove something. I never bet when my team is involved, but if I wasn't a browns fan, I would be all over this line.

  • In the end its the bettors who ultimately establish the line. Really has nothing to do with last weeks game or injuries. It has everything to do with "where the moneys going"....which can be influenced by peoples perception....which can be influenced by last weeks game, injuries, etc....

    But rest assured, if too much money starts going to one side, the line will immediately adjust to account for it.

  • With all the key injuries we have, even with Gordon coming back, I don't see us winning this one.

    I'm not sure right now if we win another game with the Schedule and injuries we've got.

  • Fun part too is with the Panthers on a bye this week all my fellow Carolinians will get to watch the Browns on national broadcast.

  • B2_Zh6zCUAAj6xA.png

    No Cameron

  • With Marlon Moore out, let's put Gilbert back on KO returns and see what he can do.

    Zombo

  • Gordon could have a big game. How many receptions did he have last year his first game back after missing two games? This game will come down to our defense. Atlanta doesn't run the ball well.

  • Gordon could have a big game. How many receptions did he have last year his first game back after missing two games? This game will come down to our defense. Atlanta doesn't run the ball well.

    @opal312 said:

    Gordon could have a big game. How many receptions did he have last year his first game back after missing two games? This game will come down to our defense. Atlanta doesn't run the ball well.

    I just remembered, don't punt the ball to Devin Hester if he's back there between the hashes.

  • Winston (the other Rookie RB) is supposed to be playing Special Teams this week.