Skip to content

Breaking: BROWNS CUT BEN TATE

The Browns Board
127 49 5.2k
  • I heard the Manson family had something to do with Tates disappearance.......... oh wrong Tate

  • Couldn't they get something for him? why did they just waive him?

  • I heard the Manson family had something to do with Tates disappearance.......... oh wrong Tate

    @darkside5 said:

    I heard the Manson family had something to do with Tates disappearance.......... oh wrong Tate

    Since you brought that up...I read 'Ol Chuck is getting married...to some 26 year old. He's 80 now.

  • @the-gipper said:

    As I noted on other "injury" topic.......LeGarrette Blount refused to go into the game last night when asked. When will Steelers be cutting his ass?

    Today http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430386/article/legarrette-blount-released-by-pittsburgh-steelers

    @bbedward said:

    I'll be damned.

    Question: will either of these guys be picked up by anybody the rest of the year?

    Answer: probably, given the injury situation with NFL RBs.

  • Couldn't they get something for him? why did they just waive him?

    @opal312 said:

    Couldn't they get something for him? why did they just waive him?

    No they couldn't considering we're weeks past the trade deadline. They cut him because he was being a bitch. I was fully anticipating this, surprised it didn't happen sooner

  • @tour2ma said:

    Wow... Gip must have glommed onto Z's crystal ball...

    And add Steelers to Patriots and Colts as places Ben could wind up ... all competitors.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    And add Steelers to Patriots and Colts as places Ben could wind up ... all competitors.

    Zombo

    And I hear the Ravens are in the market too.

    Kubiak was in Houston and may want to take a look at Tate. Or not. Wonder if his old coach wants him back?

  • I guess Farmer and Pettine are not messing around! It's more "play like a brown" attitude/culture change. I'm surprised really, thinking like others that it would be an offseason move.

    @tml1138 said:

    I guess Farmer and Pettine are not messing around! It's more "play like a brown" attitude/culture change. I'm surprised really, thinking like others that it would be an offseason move.

    Then there should be more coming.

  • Zombo said:

    And add Steelers to Patriots and Colts as places Ben could wind up ... all competitors.

    Zombo

    And I hear the Ravens are in the market too.

    Kubiak was in Houston and may want to take a look at Tate. Or not. Wonder if his old coach wants him back?

    @mudfly said:

    And I hear the Ravens are in the market too.

    Kubiak was in Houston and may want to take a look at Tate. Or not. Wonder if his old coach wants him back?

    If he replaces Bradshaw then he would end up with Trent Richardson. We should have traded him to the Colts for a first rounder not waived him. Hahhaha
  • A first round pick for Tate?

    Now, THAT is funny! ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • Couldn't they get something for him? why did they just waive him?

    @opal312 said:

    Couldn't they get something for him? why did they just waive him?

    Because the trade deadline passed a while ago?

  • As I noted on other "injury" topic.......LeGarrette Blount refused to go into the game last night when asked. When will Steelers be cutting his ass?

    @the-gipper said:

    As I noted on other "injury" topic.......LeGarrette Blount refused to go into the game last night when asked. When will Steelers be cutting his ass?

    I believe I heard he was cut

  • @bbedward said:

    I'll be damned.

    Question: will either of these guys be picked up by anybody the rest of the year?

    Answer: probably, given the injury situation with NFL RBs.

    @the-gipper said:

    I'll be damned.

    Question: will either of these guys be picked up by anybody the rest of the year?

    Answer: probably, given the injury situation with NFL RBs.

    Rumor out that the Steelers called the Browns about Tate's contract.

    Aditi Kinkhabwala @AKinkhabwala ยท 2h 2 hours ago Can tell you: someone on Steelers staff called someone on Browns staff this am and asked about Ben Tate's release (per one of the someones)

    Also out :

    Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi ยท 6m 6 minutes ago #Browns expected to announce more roster moves by end of day. Defensive additions.

  • @comeonman said:

    We knew we had a problem getting bigger name FA to come to CLE. And now....

    The browns have never ever ever ever ever had a problem signing free agents. We have gotten plenty of big names. Try again

    @upper-lip said:

    The browns have never ever ever ever ever had a problem signing free agents. We have gotten plenty of big names. Try again

    You will have to remind me of a 'good' free agent that wanted to play in CLE. And I'm not talking 'good' as in Kruger.
  • @upper-lip said:

    The browns have never ever ever ever ever had a problem signing free agents. We have gotten plenty of big names. Try again

    You will have to remind me of a 'good' free agent that wanted to play in CLE. And I'm not talking 'good' as in Kruger.

    @comeonman said:

    You will have to remind me of a 'good' free agent that wanted to play in CLE. And I'm not talking 'good' as in Kruger.

    Karlos Dansby and Donte Whitner. We were in the market for the biggest names like Byrd and Revis, but got outbid - which is probably for the best given the performance of Gipson and our young corners.

    I think the whole "don't want to be in cleveland" doesn't apply as much as people think it does, it's more so "money talks"

  • I think Tate will land in Oakland or Minn. They both need backs and are higher up the waiver list.

    If Oakland doesnt take him, then they have probably decided to tank the season and not even try to get better.

  • @comeonman said:

    We knew we had a problem getting bigger name FA to come to CLE. And now....

    The browns have never ever ever ever ever had a problem signing free agents. We have gotten plenty of big names. Try again

    @upper-lip said:

    The browns have never ever ever ever ever had a problem signing free agents. We have gotten plenty of big names. Try again

    Funniest joke I've heard in years.

  • Who would you prefer as the starter going forward Crowell or West ?

    If Tate goes to Indy watch him and Richardson both have 100 yard 2 TD's each games ....... when they play us

    @darren15 said:

    Who would you prefer as the starter going forward Crowell or West ?

    If Tate goes to Indy watch him and Richardson both have 100 yard 2 TD's each games ....... when they play us

    This could be more true than you know.
  • But why not get a tight end or something for him? We got a first round pick for Richardson and Tate is way better. You'll see, he'll come back and score against us when we play Indy.

  • @comeonman said:

    You will have to remind me of a 'good' free agent that wanted to play in CLE. And I'm not talking 'good' as in Kruger.

    Karlos Dansby and Donte Whitner. We were in the market for the biggest names like Byrd and Revis, but got outbid - which is probably for the best given the performance of Gipson and our young corners.

    I think the whole "don't want to be in cleveland" doesn't apply as much as people think it does, it's more so "money talks"

    @bbedward said:

    Karlos Dansby and Donte Whitner. We were in the market for the biggest names like Byrd and Revis, but got outbid - which is probably for the best given the performance of Gipson and our young corners.

    I think the whole "don't want to be in cleveland" doesn't apply as much as people think it does, it's more so "money talks"

    It's not "Don't want to be in Cleveland" as much as it is "want to play for a contender" or "want a city with more to offer". As much as people here want to deny it, these are factors for some players.

    At the end of the day, it's always "money talks". But if you're a 28 year old FA and you have three offers that are exactly the same - one from Cleveland, one from New York (Jets or Giants) and one from say, Denver... the odds of that player choosing Cleveland over the other two, unless they have some sort of ties to the city, aren't good.

    Now, if Cleveland were to string together a couple of 10+ win, playoff/Super Bowl seasons...things would be a little different. But, the Cleveland of late...good luck not overpaying for quality free agents.

  • Never thought he was good. Glad to be rid of Taint