Skip to content

How many games would we have to lose before you bench Hoyer

The Browns Board
206 41 4.8k
  • @texaskevin06 said:

    He barely beat out Johnny after being in the league for many years. Johnny had been with the team a couple of months.

    Ok buddy, but we? won. Too bad you've only been a browns fan since may or you'd be enjoying it too

    T TexasKevin06 wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    Ok buddy, but we? won. Too bad you've only been a browns fan since may or you'd be enjoying it too

    I don't root for my teams to win games just to win games. If it is obvious the team isn't going to do anything in the playoffs I don't get much joy in winning.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    Yeah winning is terrible.

  • @bbedward said:

    Ok buddy, but we? won. Too bad you've only been a browns fan since may or you'd be enjoying it too

    I don't root for my teams to win games just to win games. If it is obvious the team isn't going to do anything in the playoffs I don't get much joy in winning.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @texaskevin06 said:

    I don't root for my teams to win games just to win games. If it is obvious the team isn't going to do anything in the playoffs I don't get much joy in winning.

    Much rather lose with johnny clipboard clipboard than win with Hoyer = You. Gtfo or stop pretending to be a browns fan.

  • Yeah winning is terrible.

    T TexasKevin06 wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah winning is terrible.

    I can't help it that you guys haven't won very much. If it feels good then so be it. But the Team won the game not Hoyer. It is my opinion that Johnny at QB would make this team better. If I am wrong then whatever. And believe me I don't want to watch Johnny lose games. If he is not ready then keep Hoyer in.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    Yeah I hate feeling good about wins.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah winning is terrible.

    I can't help it that you guys haven't won very much. If it feels good then so be it. But the Team won the game not Hoyer. It is my opinion that Johnny at QB would make this team better. If I am wrong then whatever. And believe me I don't want to watch Johnny lose games. If he is not ready then keep Hoyer in.

    The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by

    @texaskevin06 said:

    I can't help it that you guys haven't won very much. If it feels good then so be it. But the Team won the game not Hoyer. It is my opinion that Johnny at QB would make this team better. If I am wrong then whatever. And believe me I don't want to watch Johnny lose games. If he is not ready then keep Hoyer in.

    So the last drive was the team throwing the ball, right?

  • Yeah I hate feeling good about wins.

    T TexasKevin06 wrote on last edited by TexasKevin06

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah I hate feeling good about wins.

    All I'm saying is winning cant end all discussions about Hoyer. Just because a team is winning doesn't mean they can't be better by making a change. You don't know what we have with Johnny and neither do I. But I certainly have a better idea than all of you because I have watched 11 of Hoyers starts and all of Johnny's college starts.

  • StocktonShortsS StocktonShorts wrote on last edited by

    I love this.

    Finally people can see how ridiculous the Hoyer Lovers are. They honestly believe he won this game by himself.

    I don't know whats worse, the fact they give him the credit for this win or that they still give Hoyer the credit for the win against Buffalo last year when he left in the 2nd quarter down 10-0. They still count it as a Hoyer win.

    Does anyone think Hoyer is a Franchise QB still?

    Honestly speak up if you do. Does anyone think hes the Browns starter next year? Speak up if you do I want it on record.

  • @texaskevin06 said:

    I am a new Browns fan because of Johnny but I do want them to do well. Do you honestly feel good about Hoyer going into the playoffs if we make it there to begin with?

    Hoyer is the best QB on the team. Deal with it.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Hoyer is the best QB on the team. Deal with it.

    I'm not convinced of this. Hoyer was awful today.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by WalterWhite

    Brian Hoyer is the reason this game was even close today.

    WORSE GAME ALL YEAR. He looked like dog shit except for the final drive.

    He won't be here next year so I'm not worried at all, just grooming #2 baby

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by JAFBF

    Look at the game stats (Receptions Targets) :

    Gordon 8 - 16

    Hawkins 5 - 5

    Austin 6 - 8 (one a TD drop)

    Barnidge 2 - 3

    Gabriel 1 - 2

    West 1 - 1

    Dray 0 - 1

    Benji 0 - 2

    Agnew 0 - 1

    Notice where the rust and two INT's are.

    Yeah, Hoyer didn't have a great overall game, but he did direct the game winning drive.

  • StocktonShortsS StocktonShorts wrote on last edited by

    This is a good test for the lengths you will go to defend Hoyer.

    Over the last 6 weeks hes the 31st rated QB in the NFL, and has played the easiest pass defense schedule in that time frame.

    Do you want to sign him long term? Think hes a Franchise QB? If so speak up. I want it on record who wants Hoyer as the Franchise QB.

    Otherwise you're all just silently agreeing with me, which I suspect you've been doing the entire time.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Hoyer is the best QB on the team. Deal with it.

    I'm not convinced of this. Hoyer was awful today.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'm not convinced of this. Hoyer was awful today.

    Which should tell us how unprepared Johnny is.

  • J J GLASGO wrote on last edited by

    This team continues to win in spite of Brian,not because of him. He is an AVERAGE quarterback....period. I think we have better. I like Hoyer,home town boy and all,but he has been the poster boy for mediocracy. I want better than that.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by

    THE WINNING HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOYER TODAY, he almost ruined all of it.

    The defense stepped up and created turnovers.

    The special teams stepped up and did it's job.

    The offensive line kicked ass.

    Crowell and West kicked ass today.

    The receivers kicked ass today.

    Brian Hoyer was all over the place and NUT SUCKERS are more embarrassing than "Manzealots"

    They are fucking embarrassing. That was some of the worst QB play since DA

  • StocktonShortsS StocktonShorts wrote on last edited by

    The tide is turning towards the light.

  • THE WINNING HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOYER TODAY, he almost ruined all of it.

    The defense stepped up and created turnovers.

    The special teams stepped up and did it's job.

    The offensive line kicked ass.

    Crowell and West kicked ass today.

    The receivers kicked ass today.

    Brian Hoyer was all over the place and NUT SUCKERS are more embarrassing than "Manzealots"

    They are fucking embarrassing. That was some of the worst QB play since DA

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward

    @walterwhite said:

    THE WINNING HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HOYER TODAY, he almost ruined all of it.

    The defense stepped up and created turnovers.

    The special teams stepped up and did it's job.

    The offensive line kicked ass.

    Crowell and West kicked ass today.

    The receivers kicked ass today.

    Brian Hoyer was all over the place and NUT SUCKERS are more embarrassing than "Manzealots"

    They are fucking embarrassing. That was some of the worst QB play since DA

    Hoyer and coaching (Pettine and shanny) is the only reason this game was close IMO.

    If it is indeed becoming clearer Hoyer isn't long term, even you can understand why you don't bench him at this point. Stockton doesn't get it, though.

    His team is behind him 100%, if nothing else. You don't remove him from a team in this position.

  • T TexasKevin06 wrote on last edited by

    Fact is if I thought Hoyer made the Browns a better team than Manziel I would admit as much. You can call be biased all you want, but it is clear you all are biased against Johnny because of things you heard on SportsCenter or Twitter, not actually what he did on the field. And i'm not talking preseason.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by

    20/43 3 INT and a 52 QBR against the worse pass defense in the NFL

  • Fact is if I thought Hoyer made the Browns a better team than Manziel I would admit as much. You can call be biased all you want, but it is clear you all are biased against Johnny because of things you heard on SportsCenter or Twitter, not actually what he did on the field. And i'm not talking preseason.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @texaskevin06 said:

    Fact is if I thought Hoyer made the Browns a better team than Manziel I would admit as much. You can call be biased all you want, but it is clear you all are biased against Johnny because of things you heard on SportsCenter or Twitter, not actually what he did on the field. And i'm not talking preseason.

    But you don't care about the browns, you only care about them if your boy is the QB.