***Official Browns @ Falcons Game Day Thread***
-
"I can't even believe we still won with how I played" - Brian Hoyer
I love hearing that from him, and he is 100% right. He has got to play better than he has in recent weeks if we are going to make the playoffs, and he has to play much, much better if we're going to win a playoff game.
With all of our injuries on both sides of the ball, he is going to have to be lights out as a game manager, and get back to the way he played early in the season when he never turned the ball over.
-
"I can't even believe we still won with how I played" - Brian Hoyer
I love hearing that from him, and he is 100% right. He has got to play better than he has in recent weeks if we are going to make the playoffs, and he has to play much, much better if we're going to win a playoff game.
With all of our injuries on both sides of the ball, he is going to have to be lights out as a game manager, and get back to the way he played early in the season when he never turned the ball over.
"I can't even believe we still won with how I played" - Brian Hoyer
I love hearing that from him, and he is 100% right. He has got to play better than he has in recent weeks if we are going to make the playoffs, and he has to play much, much better if we're going to win a playoff game.
With all of our injuries on both sides of the ball, he is going to have to be lights out as a game manager, and get back to the way he played early in the season when he never turned the ball over.
He's right. He played bad and he realizes it. His play lately hasn't been good. But, he was able to make another game winning drive.
Winners win and he's a winner. Don't care if he's dead last in every stat.
-
"I can't even believe we still won with how I played" - Brian Hoyer
I love hearing that from him, and he is 100% right. He has got to play better than he has in recent weeks if we are going to make the playoffs, and he has to play much, much better if we're going to win a playoff game.
With all of our injuries on both sides of the ball, he is going to have to be lights out as a game manager, and get back to the way he played early in the season when he never turned the ball over.
"I can't even believe we still won with how I played" - Brian Hoyer
I love hearing that from him, and he is 100% right. He has got to play better than he has in recent weeks if we are going to make the playoffs, and he has to play much, much better if we're going to win a playoff game.
With all of our injuries on both sides of the ball, he is going to have to be lights out as a game manager, and get back to the way he played early in the season when he never turned the ball over.
This is key.
But from what I'm seeing from BH is that stats don't really matter . . . it all comes down to the W or L.
This is in essence is the "IT" factor, and BH definitely has that - probably as much as Brian Sipe did.
-
Pre game warm ups - this is Joe Haden making this catch in the background :
-
Browns Win!!! Fuck y'all throwing negativity on the party!!!
Just doing what Pettine will do (see first quote in sig).
Top 4 in passing TDs this year Manning, Rodgers, Luck & Brady...hmmm you're right this is a running league
The fact that there are QBs filling the #1-4 slots in TD passes proves it's a passing league?
Well three of the five top TD scorers are RBs... Lynch, Thomas, Charles, Cobb and Foster...
-
Browns Win!!! Fuck y'all throwing negativity on the party!!!
Just doing what Pettine will do (see first quote in sig).
Top 4 in passing TDs this year Manning, Rodgers, Luck & Brady...hmmm you're right this is a running league
The fact that there are QBs filling the #1-4 slots in TD passes proves it's a passing league?
Well three of the five top TD scorers are RBs... Lynch, Thomas, Charles, Cobb and Foster...
The fact that there are QBs filling the #1-4 slots in TD passes proves it's a passing league?
Well three of the five top TD scorers are RBs... Lynch, Thomas, Charles, Cobb and Foster...
Don''t confuse him with facts T, he want's shanny to throw the ball 60 times, after all, it's 2014, and he can do it on Madden.
-
"I can't even believe we still won with how I played" - Brian Hoyer
I love hearing that from him, and he is 100% right. He has got to play better than he has in recent weeks if we are going to make the playoffs, and he has to play much, much better if we're going to win a playoff game.
With all of our injuries on both sides of the ball, he is going to have to be lights out as a game manager, and get back to the way he played early in the season when he never turned the ball over.
This is key.
But from what I'm seeing from BH is that stats don't really matter . . . it all comes down to the W or L.
This is in essence is the "IT" factor, and BH definitely has that - probably as much as Brian Sipe did.
But from what I'm seeing from BH is that stats don't really matter . . . it all comes down to the W or L.
This is in essence is the "IT" factor, and BH definitely has that - probably as much as Brian Sipe did.
Agree with you and USF, but I am bothered that today I saw for the first time, multiple mental errors from Brian. Not used to that...
The mental game is BH's lone edge over JM. That has been the "it" I have seen. If his mental game continues to wane, then change will come.
-
But from what I'm seeing from BH is that stats don't really matter . . . it all comes down to the W or L.
This is in essence is the "IT" factor, and BH definitely has that - probably as much as Brian Sipe did.
Agree with you and USF, but I am bothered that today I saw for the first time, multiple mental errors from Brian. Not used to that...
The mental game is BH's lone edge over JM. That has been the "it" I have seen. If his mental game continues to wane, then change will come.
Agree with you and USF, but I am bothered that today I saw for the first time, multiple mental errors from Brian. Not used to that...
The mental game is BH's lone edge over JM. That has been the "it" I have seen. If his mental game continues to wane, then change will come.
I'll be 100% honest T, I've been growing more concerned with Brian as the last few weeks have gone by. Not Stockton level, but my patience is beginning to grow thin. At first I blamed it on all of the injuries, but now I wonder aloud if it's not more of a "Brian now has film" issue, where the defense has a game plan now to take advantage of his tendencies? Just thinking out loud here.
-
But from what I'm seeing from BH is that stats don't really matter . . . it all comes down to the W or L.
This is in essence is the "IT" factor, and BH definitely has that - probably as much as Brian Sipe did.
Agree with you and USF, but I am bothered that today I saw for the first time, multiple mental errors from Brian. Not used to that...
The mental game is BH's lone edge over JM. That has been the "it" I have seen. If his mental game continues to wane, then change will come.
Agree with you and USF, but I am bothered that today I saw for the first time, multiple mental errors from Brian. Not used to that...
The mental game is BH's lone edge over JM. That has been the "it" I have seen. If his mental game continues to wane, then change will come.
That's why posted I the Hoyer to Gordon stats earlier (or another thread).
Not playing together since Pre-Season (when there were a bunch of other issues involved as well), there's no way Hoyer & Gordon are on the same page right now - 8 for 16 to Gordon as well as at least two INT's in his direction.
I really expected worse, since the other WR's were basically going to have to play different positions/routes with Gordon coming in at the #1 spot.
Seriously, the WR's have been playing 10 weeks at pretty much different positions and now they all have to shuffle to accommodate Gordon - I'm surprised they did as well as they did.
And with Hoyer having a legit #1 huge target in Gordon, yeah, it's no surprise he wanted to get the ball to him . . . hell, even at 50% completion to Gordon he had 120yds.
-
Agree with you and USF, but I am bothered that today I saw for the first time, multiple mental errors from Brian. Not used to that...
The mental game is BH's lone edge over JM. That has been the "it" I have seen. If his mental game continues to wane, then change will come.
I'll be 100% honest T, I've been growing more concerned with Brian as the last few weeks have gone by. Not Stockton level, but my patience is beginning to grow thin. At first I blamed it on all of the injuries, but now I wonder aloud if it's not more of a "Brian now has film" issue, where the defense has a game plan now to take advantage of his tendencies? Just thinking out loud here.
I'll be 100% honest T, I've been growing more concerned with Brian as the last few weeks have gone by. Not Stockton level, but my patience is beginning to grow thin. At first I blamed it on all of the injuries, but now I wonder aloud if it's not more of a "Brian now has film" issue, where the defense has a game plan now to take advantage of his tendencies? Just thinking out loud here.
Concerning yes, but you still have to account for the loss of Mack, which we've seen via the run game is a huge impact.
McDonald is still getting up to speed, and it's only been three or four weeks for him to be in the Live mix of things.
-
john telich @JohnTelich8 12m12 minutes ago With a 7-4 start, Mike Pettine has the fourth-best start by a #Browns coach in his first 11 NFL games. Paul Brown opened 9-2 in 1950
-
I'll be 100% honest T, I've been growing more concerned with Brian as the last few weeks have gone by. Not Stockton level, but my patience is beginning to grow thin. At first I blamed it on all of the injuries, but now I wonder aloud if it's not more of a "Brian now has film" issue, where the defense has a game plan now to take advantage of his tendencies? Just thinking out loud here.
Concerning yes, but you still have to account for the loss of Mack, which we've seen via the run game is a huge impact.
McDonald is still getting up to speed, and it's only been three or four weeks for him to be in the Live mix of things.
Concerning yes, but you still have to account for the loss of Mack, which we've seen via the run game is a huge impact.
McDonald is still getting up to speed, and it's only been three or four weeks for him to be in the Live mix of things.
Yea J, I get that, but I'm concerned most about his accuracy on plays with little to no pressure and an open receiver. Add in today's brain farts (especially the pic in the endzone, that was death penalty bad) and that's my concerns. I admire the guy, and am rooting for him, but he simply has to play much better for us to win the division.
-
Agree with you and USF, but I am bothered that today I saw for the first time, multiple mental errors from Brian. Not used to that...
The mental game is BH's lone edge over JM. That has been the "it" I have seen. If his mental game continues to wane, then change will come.
That's why posted I the Hoyer to Gordon stats earlier (or another thread).
Not playing together since Pre-Season (when there were a bunch of other issues involved as well), there's no way Hoyer & Gordon are on the same page right now - 8 for 16 to Gordon as well as at least two INT's in his direction.
I really expected worse, since the other WR's were basically going to have to play different positions/routes with Gordon coming in at the #1 spot.
Seriously, the WR's have been playing 10 weeks at pretty much different positions and now they all have to shuffle to accommodate Gordon - I'm surprised they did as well as they did.
And with Hoyer having a legit #1 huge target in Gordon, yeah, it's no surprise he wanted to get the ball to him . . . hell, even at 50% completion to Gordon he had 120yds.
That's why posted I the Hoyer to Gordon stats earlier (or another thread).
Ditto... I can't keep track either... but I saw your stat package. Corroborated an earlier post I made about timing with WR's other than Gordo.
Mental error #1 I posted about earlier as well (somewhere) was about BH not having the discipline to stay away from Josh running deep options and when plays broke down.
Mike Pettine has the fourth-best start by Browns coach in his first 11 NFL games. Paul Brown opened 9-2 in 1950
Watch out for Gipper's toes...

-
Concerning yes, but you still have to account for the loss of Mack, which we've seen via the run game is a huge impact.
McDonald is still getting up to speed, and it's only been three or four weeks for him to be in the Live mix of things.
Yea J, I get that, but I'm concerned most about his accuracy on plays with little to no pressure and an open receiver. Add in today's brain farts (especially the pic in the endzone, that was death penalty bad) and that's my concerns. I admire the guy, and am rooting for him, but he simply has to play much better for us to win the division.
Yea J, I get that, but I'm concerned most about his accuracy on plays with little to no pressure and an open receiver. Add in today's brain farts (especially the pic in the endzone, that was death penalty bad) and that's my concerns. I admire the guy, and am rooting for him, but he simply has to play much better for us to win the division.
As far as the pressure goes, I think he may still be adjusting to McDonald at C versus Mack . . . he has been getting hammered up the middle the last few games.
End Zone INT was bad, but as I observed in another thread Gordon wasn't looking and may have been off route, plus add in the rust factor between the two (hence two INT's Gordons way) and it becomes a lot more iffy.
Going to add this here :
Cleveland Browns Must Be Taken Seriously After Week 12 Win
They always say that once you hit rock bottom, you can only go up from there. That pretty much sums up exactly what has been happening to the Cleveland Browns so far this season. Could you believe the Browns are now 7-4 so far this season and are actually looking like contenders? It’s not hard to believe when you’ve seen how this team has evolved these past few weeks by playing tough and never giving up.
It’s no secret that better teams always find a way to win, even when their top performers don’t show up to dominate. It could be an unlikely athlete like a third-string quarterback, a wide receiver that nobody has ever heard of, or even a kicker that nails a game-winning field goal.
.
.
.
Needless to say, the Browns have been through decades of pain and suffering. It’s refreshing to see that the team can come together and find ways to win to the point that they can actually have a fighting chance to take down even the better opponents coming their way.
Overall, these Browns are serious and are adding more legions of fans to their dedicated fan base. These Browns are on a mission and playing with purpose. It’s about time that they started to execute and play like contenders because quite honestly, it’s been a long time coming.
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/11/23/cleveland-browns-must-be-taken-seriously-after-week-12-win/
-
Yea J, I get that, but I'm concerned most about his accuracy on plays with little to no pressure and an open receiver. Add in today's brain farts (especially the pic in the endzone, that was death penalty bad) and that's my concerns. I admire the guy, and am rooting for him, but he simply has to play much better for us to win the division.
As far as the pressure goes, I think he may still be adjusting to McDonald at C versus Mack . . . he has been getting hammered up the middle the last few games.
End Zone INT was bad, but as I observed in another thread Gordon wasn't looking and may have been off route, plus add in the rust factor between the two (hence two INT's Gordons way) and it becomes a lot more iffy.
Going to add this here :
Cleveland Browns Must Be Taken Seriously After Week 12 Win
They always say that once you hit rock bottom, you can only go up from there. That pretty much sums up exactly what has been happening to the Cleveland Browns so far this season. Could you believe the Browns are now 7-4 so far this season and are actually looking like contenders? It’s not hard to believe when you’ve seen how this team has evolved these past few weeks by playing tough and never giving up.
It’s no secret that better teams always find a way to win, even when their top performers don’t show up to dominate. It could be an unlikely athlete like a third-string quarterback, a wide receiver that nobody has ever heard of, or even a kicker that nails a game-winning field goal.
.
.
.
Needless to say, the Browns have been through decades of pain and suffering. It’s refreshing to see that the team can come together and find ways to win to the point that they can actually have a fighting chance to take down even the better opponents coming their way.
Overall, these Browns are serious and are adding more legions of fans to their dedicated fan base. These Browns are on a mission and playing with purpose. It’s about time that they started to execute and play like contenders because quite honestly, it’s been a long time coming.
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/11/23/cleveland-browns-must-be-taken-seriously-after-week-12-win/
End Zone INT was bad, but as I observed in another thread Gordon wasn't looking and may have been off route, plus add in the rust factor between the two (hence two INT's Gordons way) and it becomes a lot more iffy.
I'll go one further, I blame Shanahan for not calling a run there. As I recall, it was 1st down and Crow just came into the game from getting a blow on the sideline. West had several good runs, the defense was tired and Crow was fresh....... R U N T H E B A L L !!
-
Agree with you and USF, but I am bothered that today I saw for the first time, multiple mental errors from Brian. Not used to that...
The mental game is BH's lone edge over JM. That has been the "it" I have seen. If his mental game continues to wane, then change will come.
I'll be 100% honest T, I've been growing more concerned with Brian as the last few weeks have gone by. Not Stockton level, but my patience is beginning to grow thin. At first I blamed it on all of the injuries, but now I wonder aloud if it's not more of a "Brian now has film" issue, where the defense has a game plan now to take advantage of his tendencies? Just thinking out loud here.
I'll be 100% honest T, I've been growing more concerned with Brian as the last few weeks have gone by. Not Stockton level, but my patience is beginning to grow thin. At first I blamed it on all of the injuries, but now I wonder aloud if it's not more of a "Brian now has film" issue, where the defense has a game plan now to take advantage of his tendencies? Just thinking out loud here.
I feel your pain...
Still chalking up most of my reduced confidence to the lack of a running game... which feeds BH's true strength... PAP. But his footwork had also gone downhill. It seemed better today, but then so was the run game.
Anyway I see a lot more in my O-line sessions... looking forward to them this week.
-
End Zone INT was bad, but as I observed in another thread Gordon wasn't looking and may have been off route, plus add in the rust factor between the two (hence two INT's Gordons way) and it becomes a lot more iffy.
I'll go one further, I blame Shanahan for not calling a run there. As I recall, it was 1st down and Crow just came into the game from getting a blow on the sideline. West had several good runs, the defense was tired and Crow was fresh....... R U N T H E B A L L !!
I'll go one further, I blame Shanahan for not calling a run there. As I recall, it was 1st down and Crow just came into the game from getting a blow on the sideline. West had several good runs, the defense was tired and Crow was fresh....... R U N T H E B A L L !!
Yeah, they had the run rhythm going there, should have probably pounded it in and ate some Clock as well . . . Shanny has a tendency to get a little too cute on play calling sometimes.
Overall, I think he's doing a pretty decent job as is Pettine, though Pettine had me questioning the failure to call a TO at the end of the 1st Half.
-
End Zone INT was bad, but as I observed in another thread Gordon wasn't looking and may have been off route, plus add in the rust factor between the two (hence two INT's Gordons way) and it becomes a lot more iffy.
I'll go one further, I blame Shanahan for not calling a run there. As I recall, it was 1st down and Crow just came into the game from getting a blow on the sideline. West had several good runs, the defense was tired and Crow was fresh....... R U N T H E B A L L !!
I'll go one further, I blame Shanahan for not calling a run there. As I recall, it was 1st down and Crow just came into the game from getting a blow on the sideline. West had several good runs, the defense was tired and Crow was fresh....... R U N T H E B A L L !!
^^^ding ding ding!
we have a winner!
-
A heart-attack game ending that should not have been. We'll all be dead by season's end at this rate lol.
Commentator's said they thought Gordon gave up on that end-zone pass. Was a HORRIBLE throw but I agree he coulda jumped for it.
Adding Gordon to the mix hasn't seemed to slow Hawkins effectiveness down. Austin about the same pre and post-Gordon, nothing special, but does come up with some key receptions here and there.
Gipson's injury looked bad. In replay slow, you could see his lower leg flop around like a noodle when he collided with Haden. At best a bad strain on his ACL/MCL?
You know if Atlanta had managed the clock at the end, Browns would've surely lost and we'd be here today saying they lost the game themselves. Atlanta did not outplay, Browns (and mostly Hoyer) really effed up and got lucky. Tour, I'll look to Pettine's "ugly win" comment now.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login