Gentlemen, we have irrefutable proof...
-
Crisp passes, running ability and extending plays. Looked like the opposite of BH. We shall seeI wouldn't go that far. But it was certainly promising.
Crisp passes, running ability and extending plays. Looked like the opposite of BH. We shall see
I saw some promise in his short amount of time for sure. Lets be fair though, one of those crisp passes should have been an interception. I saw enough to think he earned a start unless there is something the staff knows that will quickly turn around Hoyers slide.
-
Faded said:
Hoyer is obviously struggling. If they don't give Manziel a shot next week, they probably shouldn't have used a number 22 pick on him...
So we've come to a conclusion this ^^ is Stockton? I see he's taking the condescending nice and innocent approach now.
-
Crisp passes, running ability and extending plays. Looked like the opposite of BH. We shall see
I saw some promise in his short amount of time for sure. Lets be fair though, one of those crisp passes should have been an interception. I saw enough to think he earned a start unless there is something the staff knows that will quickly turn around Hoyers slide.
I saw some promise in his short amount of time for sure. Lets be fair though, one of those crisp passes should have been an interception. I saw enough to think he earned a start unless there is something the staff knows that will quickly turn around Hoyers slide.
I think it should've been intercepted as well but it's also possible that he has enough arm strength to throw it past the coverage. I don't know anything for sure but it certainly looked like he had more zip on the ball than Hoyer.
-
I saw some promise in his short amount of time for sure. Lets be fair though, one of those crisp passes should have been an interception. I saw enough to think he earned a start unless there is something the staff knows that will quickly turn around Hoyers slide.
I think it should've been intercepted as well but it's also possible that he has enough arm strength to throw it past the coverage. I don't know anything for sure but it certainly looked like he had more zip on the ball than Hoyer.
I think it should've been intercepted as well but it's also possible that he has enough arm strength to throw it past the coverage. I don't know anything for sure but it certainly looked like he had more zip on the ball than Hoyer.
I agree. The velocity was impressive. With a full game it will be interesting to see if he has the accuracy for the deep ball. His arm strength has never been an issue with me.
-
ManzielSucks said:
Speaking of childish things calling people a faggot really helps your intelligence.
Fair point but your screen name leaves a little maturity to be desired as well. I have never been a fan of Manziel the person but I am a Browns fan. As such I want him to succeed as should you. Change your damn name.
-
Manziel's been known to have good accuracy and arm strength. Needs to demonstrate he can run an NFL offense, make the right read, etc. We need to buckle our seat belts for what could either be a very crazy finish or what could be another heart breaking finish.
-
If he starts he's still a rookie with a learning curve. There will be moments of true greatness mixed in with moments of sheer idiocy. It still takes time to develop a rookie QB into an NFL pro. If the time is now just enjoy it for what it is. I'm still not convinced Hoyer won't be given another shot since we still have some playoff potential. But if that is true it will be an even shorter leash than before.
-
If he starts he's still a rookie with a learning curve. There will be moments of true greatness mixed in with moments of sheer idiocy. It still takes time to develop a rookie QB into an NFL pro. If the time is now just enjoy it for what it is. I'm still not convinced Hoyer won't be given another shot since we still have some playoff potential. But if that is true it will be an even shorter leash than before.
If he starts he's still a rookie with a learning curve. There will be moments of true greatness mixed in with moments of sheer idiocy. It still takes time to develop a rookie QB into an NFL pro. If the time is now just enjoy it for what it is. I'm still not convinced Hoyer won't be given another shot since we still have some playoff potential. But if that is true it will be an even shorter leash than before.
I didn't see him live I had to leave before the end, but watching the rewind seems like the game was a little too fast for him. He just needs some time for that, though.
-
I saw some promise in his short amount of time for sure. Lets be fair though, one of those crisp passes should have been an interception. I saw enough to think he earned a start unless there is something the staff knows that will quickly turn around Hoyers slide.
I think it should've been intercepted as well but it's also possible that he has enough arm strength to throw it past the coverage. I don't know anything for sure but it certainly looked like he had more zip on the ball than Hoyer.
I think it should've been intercepted as well but it's also possible that he has enough arm strength to throw it past the coverage. I don't know anything for sure but it certainly looked like he had more zip on the ball than Hoyer.
Easily a stronger arm than BH. I did not think that was ever in doubt... I think the contrast may have helped sneak that ball into Dray.
If he starts he's still a rookie with a learning curve. There will be moments of true greatness mixed in with moments of sheer idiocy. It still takes time to develop a rookie QB into an NFL pro. If the time is now just enjoy it for what it is. I'm still not convinced Hoyer won't be given another shot since we still have some playoff potential. But if that is true it will be an even shorter leash than before.
I think you recycled the "greatness... idiocy" bit from you very first post...

Agree Ag, I don't think it's "irrefutable" just yet. There's still have the tale of the BUF tape to be told and the Colt match up is not a formidable as ones that have given our Hoyer lead Offense trouble.
-
I think it should've been intercepted as well but it's also possible that he has enough arm strength to throw it past the coverage. I don't know anything for sure but it certainly looked like he had more zip on the ball than Hoyer.
Easily a stronger arm than BH. I did not think that was ever in doubt... I think the contrast may have helped sneak that ball into Dray.
If he starts he's still a rookie with a learning curve. There will be moments of true greatness mixed in with moments of sheer idiocy. It still takes time to develop a rookie QB into an NFL pro. If the time is now just enjoy it for what it is. I'm still not convinced Hoyer won't be given another shot since we still have some playoff potential. But if that is true it will be an even shorter leash than before.
I think you recycled the "greatness... idiocy" bit from you very first post...

Agree Ag, I don't think it's "irrefutable" just yet. There's still have the tale of the BUF tape to be told and the Colt match up is not a formidable as ones that have given our Hoyer lead Offense trouble.
Agree Ag, I don't think it's "irrefutable" just yet. There's still have the tale of the BUF tape to be told and the Colt match up is not a formidable as ones that have given our Hoyer lead Offense trouble.
We really should be able to run the ball on the Colts next week and that will make things easier on whoever is playing QB. We will also know if our defense is actually playing better or if we've just played shitty offenses the last few weeks when we match up with the Colts.
-
Agree Ag, I don't think it's "irrefutable" just yet. There's still have the tale of the BUF tape to be told and the Colt match up is not a formidable as ones that have given our Hoyer lead Offense trouble.
We really should be able to run the ball on the Colts next week and that will make things easier on whoever is playing QB. We will also know if our defense is actually playing better or if we've just played shitty offenses the last few weeks when we match up with the Colts.
We really should be able to run the ball on the Colts next week and that will make things easier on whoever is playing QB. We will also know if our defense is actually playing better or if we've just played shitty offenses the last few weeks when we match up with the Colts.
We need to put up 28pts to win, cause I see 27 getting hung on us. Far too many injuries combined with a really explosive Colts offense spells trouble.
-
Faded said:
I'm not sure why my post is condescending. To me it looks like the majority of posters on the board agree that it's time to give JFF a chance, and I'm merely echoing that sentiment. Hoyer has been good at times this year when the defense is playing well and the running game is good, but he hasn't shown he can conjure things out of thin air the way the elite QB's can. You have a guy on the bench who will probably be able to do that at times. Looks like he's about to get his chance.
(I don't want anyone to have a "convulsion" either...;-)
So this is Stockton?
-
Faded said:
I'm not sure why my post is condescending. To me it looks like the majority of posters on the board agree that it's time to give JFF a chance, and I'm merely echoing that sentiment. Hoyer has been good at times this year when the defense is playing well and the running game is good, but he hasn't shown he can conjure things out of thin air the way the elite QB's can. You have a guy on the bench who will probably be able to do that at times. Looks like he's about to get his chance.
(I don't want anyone to have a "convulsion" either...;-)
So this is Stockton?
So this is Stockton?
The one and only ( I think a mod should change his name to Coral )
-
Or "iLoveHoyer"
-
So this is Stockton?
The one and only ( I think a mod should change his name to Coral )
-
Can't wait to see what happens. Just what he did today already proved many people wrong.
Can't wait to see what happens. Just what he did today already proved many people wrong.
What I saw today is what we saw of college Johnny. I'm not getting too excited over one drive though. Nice non-fumble on the second one, in case you forgot.
ManzielSucks said:
No crap to cut you don't like it then just wait and see. I will be right.
You had better hope you're wrong. Because we wasted another first round pick if you're right.
Faded said:
I'm not sure why my post is condescending. To me it looks like the majority of posters on the board agree that it's time to give JFF a chance, and I'm merely echoing that sentiment. Hoyer has been good at times this year when the defense is playing well and the running game is good, but he hasn't shown he can conjure things out of thin air the way the elite QB's can. You have a guy on the bench who will probably be able to do that at times. Looks like he's about to get his chance.
(I don't want anyone to have a "convulsion" either...;-)
Faded isn't Stockton. SS can't come back for another day or two- unless he goes to the library and uses another ISP.
-
Can't wait to see what happens. Just what he did today already proved many people wrong.
What I saw today is what we saw of college Johnny. I'm not getting too excited over one drive though. Nice non-fumble on the second one, in case you forgot.
ManzielSucks said:
No crap to cut you don't like it then just wait and see. I will be right.
You had better hope you're wrong. Because we wasted another first round pick if you're right.
Faded said:
I'm not sure why my post is condescending. To me it looks like the majority of posters on the board agree that it's time to give JFF a chance, and I'm merely echoing that sentiment. Hoyer has been good at times this year when the defense is playing well and the running game is good, but he hasn't shown he can conjure things out of thin air the way the elite QB's can. You have a guy on the bench who will probably be able to do that at times. Looks like he's about to get his chance.
(I don't want anyone to have a "convulsion" either...;-)
Faded isn't Stockton. SS can't come back for another day or two- unless he goes to the library and uses another ISP.
-
ManzielSucks said:
Need to draft a new QB next year, JF is not the answer. Sorry that your football talk doesn't include people that know Manziel won't be a good NFL starter.
And whom do you propose we draft? Mr Ducky? Crab Legs? The guy that plays for the other team in LA ?
Not a franchise QB to be had this year. This team is better served getting a couple critical pieces and assembling a bit more depth at others.
-
-
Hoorta, If you're hoping for Manziel mistakes you're going to be happy.
He's going to make them.
This franchised invested snaps and PT in Hoyer, who has regressed; Manziel has some growing pains to go through.
What we have is an opportunity to give Manziel experience with the outside chance at opening the golden ticket.
and in case you've forgotten, mix this in

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login