Skip to content

Monday Morning Tears

The Browns Board
15 9 630
  • Colt McCoy threw for 392 yards and three touchdowns against the Colts. These guys are vulnerable!

  • Pettine is a much better coach than any we've had in decades. I mean decades! You are right. Let Pettine build a team and that takes time. We are going in the right direction and the team is playing its heart out. At least most of them. Haden has been awesome! But injuries to Gipson and Mack are so damn unfortunate right now. This core of young p,ayers will be the team of the future and win the division. Just not this year.

  • I had us going 7-9 at the start of the season, and we will be at least that. I have enjoyed watching Browns football again, and it's been a long time since I can honestly say that.

    They have exceeded my expectations with a rookie head coach and his ragtag assistants, all while fielding a QB with less starts than Brandon Weeden, their star WR suspended for 2/3s of the year and suffering more injuries than any NFL team deserves.

    Yes, the losses suck, and I hate them when they are happening, but once the anger/pain/frustration of the loss wears off, I can honestly say Sunday mornings are fun again, and not just because of my fantasy teams' domination any more.

    From where I sit, things look pretty darn good for the Browns, and we have finally pulled ourselves out of the grips of despair and are headed in the right direction.

  • I agree they have been fun to watch again. My hope at the beginning of the season was 8-8. That would be an immense improvement over previous years. And although this year is hardly over, injuries to the defense have pretty much sealed our fate. You are correct when you say they can't stop the run and we have many holes to fill. But these can and will be addressed in the draft.

    The Browns Board is a good place to vent when you've loved and been loyal to your team since the 1960's. My Dad took me to my first game as a small child the last year Jim Brown played. I think we lost to the Bears. But Ivve never rooted or cared about any other team in all these years. Living in Tampa now I hardly get to see them play but stay glued to the NFL Channel on Gameday. So maybe I get a little frustrated as all fans do.

    But I love the Orange and Brown and the proof is in my wardrobe.

  • OMG! I forgot to mention we should be thankful we don't have the JETS. Whenever I get down on the Browns all I have to do is think about Rex Ryan, Geno Smith and Michael Vick. Than I go back to normal.

  • OMG! I forgot to mention we should be thankful we don't have the JETS. Whenever I get down on the Browns all I have to do is think about Rex Ryan, Geno Smith and Michael Vick. Than I go back to normal.

    @opal312 said:

    OMG! I forgot to mention we should be thankful we don't have the JETS. Whenever I get down on the Browns all I have to do is think about Rex Ryan, Geno Smith and Michael Vick. Than I go back to normal.

    Definitely several teams in way worse of positions. We have lots of young talent that we're winning with, that'll be around for awhile and plenty room to add more. We also have veteran talent in the right places.

  • Colt McCoy threw for 392 yards and three touchdowns against the Colts. These guys are vulnerable!

    @opal312 said:

    Colt McCoy threw for 392 yards and three touchdowns against the Colts. These guys are vulnerable!

    Colts also played with a 20 point or more lead much of the game, and that tends to loosen up a Defense. But, yes, the Colts are vulnerable.

  • I had a hard time sleeping last night - blown opportunity and now I'm a huge hole with this afc playoff mess

  • Colt McCoy threw for 392 yards and three touchdowns against the Colts. These guys are vulnerable!

    @opal312 said:

    Colt McCoy threw for 392 yards and three touchdowns against the Colts. These guys are vulnerable!

    If McCoy, the worst QB in the last 15 years can do that, what can JFF do? Unlimited.

  • @opal312 said:

    Colt McCoy threw for 392 yards and three touchdowns against the Colts. These guys are vulnerable!

    If McCoy, the worst QB in the last 15 years can do that, what can JFF do? Unlimited.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    If McCoy, the worst QB in the last 15 years can do that, what can JFF do? Unlimited.

    Worse than Weeden? Come on. Weeden at least had Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron to throw to. McCoy had no offensive weapons except maybe Hillis that one year. That play last Sunday where Colt eluded 3 defenders and threw a touchdown pass was a thing of beauty. Hopefully whoever the Browns QB is next Sunday will have some equally amazing plays.