It's Hoyer
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Pettine has compassion towards Hoyer. Yes or no? If you think his relationship with Brian has nothing to do with this decision then you are either naive or being intellectually dishonest. I also noted that Manziel is a risk. You conveniently deleted that from my original quote.
Pettine also noted the decision was very close and that they are considering a Johnny package for this week.
Yes i have followed the Browns all season. I have watched all the games, i have watched some games multiple times. Not sure why you keep questioning me on that.
Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.
BH now knows that not only is his position on the line, but his multiyear, bigger bucks contract as well. The best don't cave so if he plays well (even in a loss) then he shows he can handle it all and the Browns have their QB. But he plays them right out of the playoffs because he screws the pooch, it's all over and back to holding JM's famous non-existent clipboard.
Yup.
Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?
I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.
21? try 10 if Hoyer is playing poorly.
Come on man, don't sound like a idiot....you sound like a fan boy. I'll bet you a box of doughnuts ri8ght now Hoyer isn't on the team next year.
I am talking jelly and cream fill doughnuts, not just you basic glazed
I'll up it to a bottle of wine 'Peen- you didn't say starter.
He accomplished more on one possession than Hoyer did last week. Were all you Manziel haters even able to cheer when he lead that td drive?
I said to myself, well gee, a nice drive against a prevent victory defense. Sort of a lukewarm, well nice enough, but we're still gonna lose this game.
And his second drive? Well- he just looked like Hoyer. Don't make excuses "he wasn't ready". That's BS. If the exact same had happened to Hoyer on the bad snap you would have been all over Brian's case- for sure. That's a problem I have with Manzealot tunnel vision. Johnny turns the second drive into another TD, well, now we're talking.
If you get the feeling I'm not easily impressed anymore by ONE series, you'd be 100% correct.
-
The pedophilia homoeroticism continues for manziel. I'm just amazed, and extemely creeped out, when I read these comments.
-
@everlastingxxx said:
Pettine has compassion towards Hoyer. Yes or no? If you think his relationship with Brian has nothing to do with this decision then you are either naive or being intellectually dishonest. I also noted that Manziel is a risk. You conveniently deleted that from my original quote.
Pettine also noted the decision was very close and that they are considering a Johnny package for this week.
Yes i have followed the Browns all season. I have watched all the games, i have watched some games multiple times. Not sure why you keep questioning me on that.
Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.
BH now knows that not only is his position on the line, but his multiyear, bigger bucks contract as well. The best don't cave so if he plays well (even in a loss) then he shows he can handle it all and the Browns have their QB. But he plays them right out of the playoffs because he screws the pooch, it's all over and back to holding JM's famous non-existent clipboard.
Yup.
Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?
I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.
21? try 10 if Hoyer is playing poorly.
Come on man, don't sound like a idiot....you sound like a fan boy. I'll bet you a box of doughnuts ri8ght now Hoyer isn't on the team next year.
I am talking jelly and cream fill doughnuts, not just you basic glazed
I'll up it to a bottle of wine 'Peen- you didn't say starter.
He accomplished more on one possession than Hoyer did last week. Were all you Manziel haters even able to cheer when he lead that td drive?
I said to myself, well gee, a nice drive against a prevent victory defense. Sort of a lukewarm, well nice enough, but we're still gonna lose this game.
And his second drive? Well- he just looked like Hoyer. Don't make excuses "he wasn't ready". That's BS. If the exact same had happened to Hoyer on the bad snap you would have been all over Brian's case- for sure. That's a problem I have with Manzealot tunnel vision. Johnny turns the second drive into another TD, well, now we're talking.
If you get the feeling I'm not easily impressed anymore by ONE series, you'd be 100% correct.
Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.
My thoughts as well. Pettine said "we're not a QB-centric offense".
Now will JM be assigned just to do trick plays as we saw earlier in the season, or some actual QB-time?
-
I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?
-
Like I've already said on here, Cleveland has the dumbest, most irrational sports fan base in nation
and with that comment you prove what a fuckwit you are.
Cleveland has the most passionate fan base in all of professional sports, especially football you arrogant elitist twat.
and with that comment you prove what a fuckwit you are.
Cleveland has the most passionate fan base in all of professional sports, especially football you arrogant elitist twat.
Cleveland does have a passionate fanbase. But he's right, a good half of it is comprised of Retards and assholes. Nobody's eats their own quite like Cleveland fans.
-
I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?
I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?
Do you honestly believe this team would win a playoff game with Johnny given the current state of this team? Thought not....
-
I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?
I get the feeling Pettine is just playing it safe by starting hoyer. Franchises don't become successful by playing it safe. Does anyone really think the browns would win a playoff game with hoyer?
welp, at least you can bring up that question.
-
" If you get the feeling I'm not easily impressed anymore by ONE series, you'd be 100% correct."
That's good because Hoyer will need a lot more than 1 good series to beat Indy.
-
Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.
My thoughts as well. Pettine said "we're not a QB-centric offense".
Now will JM be assigned just to do trick plays as we saw earlier in the season, or some actual QB-time?
-
You are insane! Of the 4 games left 3 are very winnable
I'm insane? So you think 10-6 is likely? I count 1, unless the ratbird game is totally meaningless to them.
-
Oh that's so awesome I'm sure everyone is as impressed as I am right now.
I'm not trying to impress anyone. I couldn't give a shit. Walterwhites just a loser
I'm not trying to impress anyone. I couldn't give a shit. Walterwhites just a loser
Well we are in full agreement there
-
Pettine did the very unusual of polling the vets- like Joe Thomas, besides consulting with Shanny, Lougans, and maybe even Haslam what the Browns should do. I totally agree Manziel is a weapon- use him somehow Sunday.
My thoughts as well. Pettine said "we're not a QB-centric offense".
Now will JM be assigned just to do trick plays as we saw earlier in the season, or some actual QB-time?
My thoughts as well. Pettine said "we're not a QB-centric offense".
Now will JM be assigned just to do trick plays as we saw earlier in the season, or some actual QB-time?
I like Pettine addressing this. It also raises the point of what an "QB-centric offense" is. Is it one where you have faith in your QB to sling it around 50 times a game?
Those teams usually don't have quality defenses or running games to boot.
Fact is, while the QB is the most important position on the field, he much like anyone else - needs support and production from the other 10 positions.
I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man.
-
" I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man."
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Just to name a few.
-
My thoughts as well. Pettine said "we're not a QB-centric offense".
Now will JM be assigned just to do trick plays as we saw earlier in the season, or some actual QB-time?
I like Pettine addressing this. It also raises the point of what an "QB-centric offense" is. Is it one where you have faith in your QB to sling it around 50 times a game?
Those teams usually don't have quality defenses or running games to boot.
Fact is, while the QB is the most important position on the field, he much like anyone else - needs support and production from the other 10 positions.
I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man.
I like Pettine addressing this. It also raises the point of what an "QB-centric offense" is. Is it one where you have faith in your QB to sling it around 50 times a game?
Those teams usually don't have quality defenses or running games to boot.
Fact is, while the QB is the most important position on the field, he much like anyone else - needs support and production from the other 10 positions.
I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man.
Right. But there are teams that heavily rely on them. Browns solid wins this year were truly a team effort. The Thursday night game in Cincy stands out.
-
Every game, every week is winnable. We certainly should beat Carolina and no reason to think we won't beat Cincy at home either. Indy and Baltimore will be tough but you never know.
Every game, every week is winnable. We certainly should beat Carolina and no reason to think we won't beat Cincy at home either. Indy and Baltimore will be tough but you never know.
Haloti Ngata could not have been suspended at a more convenient time. With him gone, establishing a running game will be easier, to say the least.
I honestly believe that if we beat the Colts, we can take all 3 games after.
-
" I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man."
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Just to name a few.
" I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man."
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Peyton Manning
Just to name a few.
I'll address these in order.
The previous Packer seasons were rather terrible until the 2nd rated defense and the emergence of James Starks and Brandon Jackson in the playoffs really put the Pack over the edge. Clearly Rodgers wasn't getting it done by his lonesome previously.
Brees? Pretty much the same. The defense was opportunistic and decent in 2009 but Sean Payton finally going with a balanced attack (two RB's over a 600 yards including almost 800 yards of offense for Reggie Bush) was their big difference.
Peyton might be your best example. But it still isn't enough. How many years previous after having a dominant offense (although, dominant over the lowly AFC South) did the Colts defense fail time and time again in the playoffs? Peyton couldn't keep up. Then by some miracle during the 06 run they decide "hey, maybe we should stop the run" and then be lucky enough to face a Rex Grossman led offense in the Super Bowl.
-
Again,
"I can't think of the last time a team won a SuperBowl with the QB literally carrying the offense. It just doesn't happen. Its too much for any one man."
You said nothing about defense in this quote. In the Super Bowl game itself, Aaron Rodgers carried the Packers offense. Wothout him, they lose.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
