Skip to content

It's Hoyer

The Browns Board
314 59 11.9k
  • Makes total sense to me. You stick with the starter until he can't take this team to the playoffs. Any time before that is premature.

  • @walterwhite said:

    "Brian Hoyer got us to 7-5"

    But it's NEVER his fault when we lose. Ever.

    Walter white will ALWAYS post comments bitching about something.

    @usfbrown said:

    Walter white will ALWAYS post comments bitching about something.

    And then take the other side in a couple of days...

  • Good

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    My suspicion is that Hoyer pleaded to the coaching staff for one more shot.

    Sure... that's what swayed Pettine...

  • 7-5 is NOT a Brian Hoyer stat

    it is a TEAM stat

    and giving him that is direspectful to the team

  • Even if magically Aaron Rodgers was now the Browns QB they have 1 win left MAX. So many other problems/injuries ect.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    My suspicion is that Hoyer pleaded to the coaching staff for one more shot.

    Sure... that's what swayed Pettine...

    @tour2ma said:

    Sure... that's what swayed Pettine...

    "Hey Mike, can I please start this week?"

    "Hmm, well since you put it that way, yes"

  • Let's go Hoyer. Let's do this shit! Go Browns!

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Hoyer pleaded his case to the media. Is it a far stretch to think he would do the same to the people he works with?

    Pettine wrote that heartfelt letter to Hoyer last year, so he has a history of showing compassion towards him.

    You think when pettine met with manziel individually he didn't plead his case too?

  • Pettine live on NFL Net work just now... (still is)...

    Failed to mention that Brian's plea swayed him...

  • Pettine said he talked to both....BH and JFF.....and both, as expected, expected to start....and they both reacted as you would expect....

  • Have to say that this surprises me. I hope it's the right move, but I think this would have been a good time to see what Johnny does as a starter. Hopefully Hoyer and the boys can get it going.

  • Even if magically Aaron Rodgers was now the Browns QB they have 1 win left MAX. So many other problems/injuries ect.

    @falcon7 said:

    Even if magically Aaron Rodgers was now the Browns QB they have 1 win left MAX. So many other problems/injuries ect.

    You are insane! Of the 4 games left 3 are very winnable
  • Have to say that this surprises me. I hope it's the right move, but I think this would have been a good time to see what Johnny does as a starter. Hopefully Hoyer and the boys can get it going.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Have tp say that this surprises me. I hope it's the right move, but I think this would have been a good time to see what Johnny does as a starter. Hopefully Hoyer and the boys can get it going.

    Many of the browns fans agree with you.

    The coaches don't though, so let's hope he brings his best. In a playoff hunt, they probably felt johnny was too big of a risk given our position and how deep we are in the season.

  • let's hope pettine is starting hoyer because he really believes he's playing better than manziel right now and gives the team the best chance to win....agree or disagree....come sunday we'll find out whether it was the correct decision or not.....until then we're all just flapping our mouths...4 day's ain't that long, we'll know soon enough....

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    Yea i am pretty sure its a behind closed door type thing. I never said it was the only thing that swayed him. But dont let me stop you from making strawman arguments.

    I'm the one grasping at straws? Not sure why I'd do that since the decision I was inclined to make was made for the reasons I'd have made it.

    On the other hand, you are the one fantasizing a rationalization, an argument...

    straw man noun

    •a sham argument set up to be defeated.

    You supplied the argument; I did the rest...

  • lol... Decision made... Brian is your guy. Have fun going 7-9.

  • lol... Decision made... Brian is your guy. Have fun going 7-9.

    @johnny-football said:

    lol... Decision made... Brian is your guy. Have fun going 7-9.

    Come on big guy, you'll be in for at least the last 2 if that happens.

  • A lot of things I don't get here. Why the need to deliberate and cause all this commotion. Why not say, as long as we still believe we have a shot at the playoffs, BH is our quarterback. I always maintain the right to switch QBs during a game if I feel that it is for the benefit of the team, but right now BH is our starter (and just stick to it)?

    Having watched the first half against Buffalo twice, I thought Brian was executing well. we should have had a 13-3 lead by early third quarter but we were up only 3-0 and that wasn't Hoyers fault. Then everything fell apart - especially the West fumble.

    Anyway, if we don't win this Sunday and our division rivals do, then the odds increase that Hoyer will be benched for good. If he is not, and we lose both home games over the next two Sundays , the Hoyer era will officially end.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    You take one part of my comment out of context to create a fake argument to attack. I didnt say it was the only reason the coach used to make his choice. Per his press conference, he did talk to Hoyer. Logic would tell you Brian repeated much of what he said to the media to Pettine.

    He met with both QBs to inform them of the decision which per today's presser was based upon "who gives us the best chance to win". How you could have followed the team all year and known so little about Pettine is hard to understand.

    Your original post was fine, but you had to insert one flight of fantasy. We both know why you had to. Regardless since I "attacked" a fantasy, I guess that makes my attack "fake".

    The last word will be yours if you wish...

    Go Browns...