Skip to content

It's Hoyer

The Browns Board
314 59 11.9k
  • best thing that could have happened for hoye is Austin going down. him and Gabriel had kind of a good Moxie going.

  • Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?

    I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.

  • I think JFF in by halftime at the latest.

  • Hoyer is love. Hoyer is life.

  • Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?

    I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.

    @walterwhite said:

    Let's make a prediction, how long does Hoyer last in this game?

    I think Indy goes up 21-0, Hoyer is pulled at halftime and The Browns lose 35-17 after it's too late.

    Only 21-0

  • The good news for Brian is that he has shown the ability to perform well in clutch situations......and this will be his ultimate opportunity to show that.....

    So.....Time to go big or go home....

    @mudfly said:

    The good news for Brian is that he has shown the ability to perform well in clutch situations......and this will be his ultimate opportunity to show that.....

    So.....Time to go big or go home...

    Agree... clutch in game situations, but as I remember Pre-season, not so great in job situations. BH did not show promise until named the starter. Let's hope the game factor outweighs the job factor...

    @texasag1969 said:

    BH now knows that not only is his position on the line, but his multiyear, bigger bucks contract as well. The best don't cave so if he plays well (even in a loss) then he shows he can handle it all and the Browns have their QB. But he plays them right out of the playoffs because he screws the pooch, it's all over and back to holding JM's famous non-existent clipboard.

  • Hoyer is love. Hoyer is life.

    @bbedward said:

    Hoyer is love. Hoyer is life.

    Haha great reference.

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    What sucks is Manziel will be thrown in later in the game after having no 1st string reps and having to pass every down. I say let Hoyer burn and crash the entire 60 minutes.

    There's a good Browns fan, right there.

    Zombo

  • The more I think about it, the more I think this decision is more based on Hoyer than Johnny.

    In other words, Hoyer has been the consummate pro, worked hard, contributed, played great in the last 3 minutes of games. No matter what Pettine's thoughts of who is better now, he is being loyal to the guy who lead them into the playoff race.

    I get that and admire it, Hoyer should be rewarded for his work with this start in a huge game. As much as I want to see Johnny play, I get the logic of playing Hoyer.

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    The more I think about it, the more I think this decision is more based on Hoyer than Johnny.

    In other words, Hoyer has been the consummate pro, worked hard, contributed, played great in the last 3 minutes of games. No matter what Pettine's thoughts of who is better now, he is being loyal to the guy who lead them into the playoff race.

    I get that and admire it, Hoyer should be rewarded for his work with this start in a huge game. As much as I want to see Johnny play, I get the logic of playing Hoyer.

    Other than the loyalty bit, which has zero to do with anything, IMO, I agree...

    @bone-thrower said:

    We better slow Indy down because no way Hoyer puts up 35+ on them.

    Part of starting Hoyer is that if the good Hoyer shows up Sunday, our drives will be long, we will consume clock and keep Luck on the sideline. Like Manning before him that is the only way to "slow Indy down".

  • @everlastingxxx said:

    What sucks is Manziel will be thrown in later in the game after having no 1st string reps and having to pass every down. I say let Hoyer burn and crash the entire 60 minutes.

    There's a good Browns fan, right there.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    There's a good Browns fan, right there.

    Zombo

    Where? Standing behind Ever?

  • Although I would have preferred johnny I trust pettine.

    Gotta love all the browns talk on ESPN though.

  • Im going to make this decision look even worse...

    We've all seen the numbers but people keep focusing in on the last 3 games.. Screw that.. Lets focus on THE LAST 8 GAMES...
    "His" Record is 5-3
    He is 140/263 Passing.. That is a 53% completion percentage
    He has also thrown 5 Touchdowns and 9 INTERCEPTIONS in that span.. yes you heard it right.. 9 interceptions in 8 games
    He is averaging a solid 256 yds per game with a respectable 7.79 YPA (Play action passing)

    This is HORRID

    In 4 of the last 8.. He failed to score even 1 TD..
    HE HAS SCORED 1 TD IN THE LAST 16 QUARTERS!

    If each game averages 12-13 Possessions.. That means Brian Hoyer had around 39 POSESSIONS... AND HE WAS ONLY ABLE TO SCORE ON 1 OF THEM!!

  • Not sure why Hoyer didn't give any credit to the coaching staffs of Tennessee and Atlanta in that 7-5 record that you just don't luck into.

  • I hope Hoyer does well and this is all personal opinion and just observation but I've never seen an energy and temp from any QB ever that Manziel brings. It's so fucking fun, exciting, and interesting watching Manziel play. No one brings the vibe he does, no one.

    He's going to get his time and he is the future face of this franchise.

  • Unfortunately the book is out on hoyer. D coordinators have figured out that if you stop the run hoyer won't beat you with his arm. I hope he finds a way to play better but idk.

  • Unfortunately the book is out on hoyer. D coordinators have figured out that if you stop the run hoyer won't beat you with his arm. I hope he finds a way to play better but idk.

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Unfortunately the book is out on hoyer. D coordinators have figured out that if you stop the run hoyer won't beat you with his arm. I hope he finds a way to play better but idk.

    The good news for this week is that Indy hasn't done shit in stopping the run lately.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Until he throws an interception or two.

    Which is horseshit. Why is it a good idea to throw a rookie in the game after the team is losing? Why not start Manziel, so he has the best chance to succeed? Either that, or don't put him in at all.

    why is it horseshit? we all know now that Hoyer is on short leash. Obviously I don't see them bringing in Manziel again with a couple minutes left in a blowout, but if Hoyer fucks up Manziel starts next week no question. I agree on letting Hoyer try to right the ship, Indy will throw some blitz packages that might have Johnny bobbling a lot of snaps. But if Hoyer starts throwing dumbass throws in the 1st half why is it bullshit to yank him to start the 2nd?

    @billy-cool said:

    Which is horseshit. Why is it a good idea to throw a rookie in the game after the team is losing? Why not start Manziel, so he has the best chance to succeed? Either that, or don't put him in at all.

  • "Brian Hoyer got us to 7-5"

    But it's NEVER his fault when we lose. Ever.

    @walterwhite said:

    "Brian Hoyer got us to 7-5"

    But it's NEVER his fault when we lose. Ever.

    It was his fault against Jax and Hou....not his fault the games the offense put up 20+ pts and still the Browns lost. You get that right? Even if there was a play or two that a qb misses, when he leads an offense to 20+ points in the NFL and still his team loses it's on their defense. Period.

  • @walterwhite said:

    "Brian Hoyer got us to 7-5"

    But it's NEVER his fault when we lose. Ever.

    It was his fault against Jax and Hou....not his fault the games the offense put up 20+ pts and still the Browns lost. You get that right? Even if there was a play or two that a qb misses, when he leads an offense to 20+ points in the NFL and still his team loses it's on their defense. Period.

    @clevfan4life said:

    It was his fault against Jax and Hou....not his fault the games the offense put up 20+ pts and still the Browns lost. You get that right? Even if there was a play or two that a qb misses, when he leads an offense to 20+ points in the NFL and still his team loses it's on their defense. Period.

    20+ points without any real turnovers to speak of*

  • I hope Hoyer does well and this is all personal opinion and just observation but I've never seen an energy and temp from any QB ever that Manziel brings. It's so fucking fun, exciting, and interesting watching Manziel play. No one brings the vibe he does, no one.

    He's going to get his time and he is the future face of this franchise.

    @walterwhite said:

    I hope Hoyer does well and this is all personal opinion and just observation but I've never seen an energy and temp from any QB ever that Manziel brings. It's so fucking fun, exciting, and interesting watching Manziel play. No one brings the vibe he does, no one.

    He's going to get his time and he is the future face of this franchise.

    That's good as long as his vibe can lead us to wins.