It's Hoyer
-
Although I would have preferred johnny I trust pettine.
Gotta love all the browns talk on ESPN though.
-
Im going to make this decision look even worse...
We've all seen the numbers but people keep focusing in on the last 3 games.. Screw that.. Lets focus on THE LAST 8 GAMES...
"His" Record is 5-3
He is 140/263 Passing.. That is a 53% completion percentage
He has also thrown 5 Touchdowns and 9 INTERCEPTIONS in that span.. yes you heard it right.. 9 interceptions in 8 games
He is averaging a solid 256 yds per game with a respectable 7.79 YPA (Play action passing)
This is HORRID
In 4 of the last 8.. He failed to score even 1 TD..
HE HAS SCORED 1 TD IN THE LAST 16 QUARTERS!
If each game averages 12-13 Possessions.. That means Brian Hoyer had around 39 POSESSIONS... AND HE WAS ONLY ABLE TO SCORE ON 1 OF THEM!! -
Not sure why Hoyer didn't give any credit to the coaching staffs of Tennessee and Atlanta in that 7-5 record that you just don't luck into.
-
I hope Hoyer does well and this is all personal opinion and just observation but I've never seen an energy and temp from any QB ever that Manziel brings. It's so fucking fun, exciting, and interesting watching Manziel play. No one brings the vibe he does, no one.
He's going to get his time and he is the future face of this franchise.
-
Unfortunately the book is out on hoyer. D coordinators have figured out that if you stop the run hoyer won't beat you with his arm. I hope he finds a way to play better but idk.
-
Unfortunately the book is out on hoyer. D coordinators have figured out that if you stop the run hoyer won't beat you with his arm. I hope he finds a way to play better but idk.
Unfortunately the book is out on hoyer. D coordinators have figured out that if you stop the run hoyer won't beat you with his arm. I hope he finds a way to play better but idk.
The good news for this week is that Indy hasn't done shit in stopping the run lately.
-
Until he throws an interception or two.
Which is horseshit. Why is it a good idea to throw a rookie in the game after the team is losing? Why not start Manziel, so he has the best chance to succeed? Either that, or don't put him in at all.
why is it horseshit? we all know now that Hoyer is on short leash. Obviously I don't see them bringing in Manziel again with a couple minutes left in a blowout, but if Hoyer fucks up Manziel starts next week no question. I agree on letting Hoyer try to right the ship, Indy will throw some blitz packages that might have Johnny bobbling a lot of snaps. But if Hoyer starts throwing dumbass throws in the 1st half why is it bullshit to yank him to start the 2nd?
Which is horseshit. Why is it a good idea to throw a rookie in the game after the team is losing? Why not start Manziel, so he has the best chance to succeed? Either that, or don't put him in at all.
-
"Brian Hoyer got us to 7-5"
But it's NEVER his fault when we lose. Ever.
"Brian Hoyer got us to 7-5"
But it's NEVER his fault when we lose. Ever.
It was his fault against Jax and Hou....not his fault the games the offense put up 20+ pts and still the Browns lost. You get that right? Even if there was a play or two that a qb misses, when he leads an offense to 20+ points in the NFL and still his team loses it's on their defense. Period.
-
"Brian Hoyer got us to 7-5"
But it's NEVER his fault when we lose. Ever.
It was his fault against Jax and Hou....not his fault the games the offense put up 20+ pts and still the Browns lost. You get that right? Even if there was a play or two that a qb misses, when he leads an offense to 20+ points in the NFL and still his team loses it's on their defense. Period.
It was his fault against Jax and Hou....not his fault the games the offense put up 20+ pts and still the Browns lost. You get that right? Even if there was a play or two that a qb misses, when he leads an offense to 20+ points in the NFL and still his team loses it's on their defense. Period.
20+ points without any real turnovers to speak of*
-
I hope Hoyer does well and this is all personal opinion and just observation but I've never seen an energy and temp from any QB ever that Manziel brings. It's so fucking fun, exciting, and interesting watching Manziel play. No one brings the vibe he does, no one.
He's going to get his time and he is the future face of this franchise.
I hope Hoyer does well and this is all personal opinion and just observation but I've never seen an energy and temp from any QB ever that Manziel brings. It's so fucking fun, exciting, and interesting watching Manziel play. No one brings the vibe he does, no one.
He's going to get his time and he is the future face of this franchise.
That's good as long as his vibe can lead us to wins.
-
lol... Decision made... Brian is your guy. Have fun going 7-9.
lol... Decision made... Brian is your guy. Have fun going 7-9.
who knows bro, maybe if you didnt' let that snap hit you in the dick and then instead of dropping on the ball you tried to throw it off your own helmet...maybe if that didn't happen they'd have let you start this week. Just a thought.

-
Although I would have preferred johnny I trust pettine.
Gotta love all the browns talk on ESPN though.
Although I would have preferred johnny I trust pettine.
Me too.
IMO, Hoyer doesn't handle it well once he's under a rush, but I will still support him & hope he plays well.
What will piss me off is if some "alleged" Browns' Fans boo him & start the "Johnny" chants. That sort of negativity helps no one & it's not going to change the HCs mind, so let's just be POSITIVE 12th men on Sunday. Root for the TEAM, not just a player.
Mike
-
Although I would have preferred johnny I trust pettine.
Me too.
IMO, Hoyer doesn't handle it well once he's under a rush, but I will still support him & hope he plays well.
What will piss me off is if some "alleged" Browns' Fans boo him & start the "Johnny" chants. That sort of negativity helps no one & it's not going to change the HCs mind, so let's just be POSITIVE 12th men on Sunday. Root for the TEAM, not just a player.
Mike
That sort of negativity helps no one & it's not going to change the HCs mind, so let's just be POSITIVE 12th men on Sunday. Root for the TEAM, not just a player.
Mike
You've obviously never been to the factory of sadness before, first fuck up and it's going to be Johnny chants, booing, and unrest.
Not saying I promote but you know that's what will happen.
-
Fyi, I saw Johnny speak to the media today and he did well. He trusts Pettine, just wants to win, even called his "fumble" a bonehead play. He is a team guy.
-
I'm going to be severely embarrassed if Johnny chants start up.. Ugh I'm just going to leave right then and there.
-
I'm going to be severely embarrassed if Johnny chants start up.. Ugh I'm just going to leave right then and there.
Ugh I'm just going to leave right then and there.
No you won't. You'll stick around if it's a good close game.
-
Fyi, I saw Johnny speak to the media today and he did well. He trusts Pettine, just wants to win, even called his "fumble" a bonehead play. He is a team guy.
Fyi, I saw Johnny speak to the media today and he did well. He trusts Pettine, just wants to win, even called his "fumble" a bonehead play. He is a team guy.
Well, the little guy certainly appeared to take it hard. Unless he was just taking a nap.

-
I hope Hoyer does well and this is all personal opinion and just observation but I've never seen an energy and temp from any QB ever that Manziel brings. It's so fucking fun, exciting, and interesting watching Manziel play. No one brings the vibe he does, no one.
He's going to get his time and he is the future face of this franchise.
I hope Hoyer does well and this is all personal opinion and just observation but I've never seen an energy and temp from any QB ever that Manziel brings. It's so fucking fun, exciting, and interesting watching Manziel play. No one brings the vibe he does, no one.
There have been others, e.g., RG3, Tebow, Kaepernick, Favre, but JM being ours adds to our excitement. As mentioned, in the long run it will be a only matter of whether that excitement produces wins. And I think that will depend upon how much the excitement is necessary.
You've obviously never been to the factory of sadness before, first fuck up and it's going to be Johnny chants, booing, and unrest.
Not saying I promote but you know that's what will happen.
And that's fine... if by fuck up you mean a turn over... or two...
However, if it starts because one drive stalls and the next never gets started because of a holding call setting up a 3rd and 17, then that's just sad... factory or not.
Fyi, I saw Johnny speak to the media today and he did well. He trusts Pettine, just wants to win, even called his "fumble" a bonehead play. He is a team guy.
Yup... never is an issue with his words.
-
I hope Hoyer does well and this is all personal opinion and just observation but I've never seen an energy and temp from any QB ever that Manziel brings. It's so fucking fun, exciting, and interesting watching Manziel play. No one brings the vibe he does, no one.
There have been others, e.g., RG3, Tebow, Kaepernick, Favre, but JM being ours adds to our excitement. As mentioned, in the long run it will be a only matter of whether that excitement produces wins. And I think that will depend upon how much the excitement is necessary.
You've obviously never been to the factory of sadness before, first fuck up and it's going to be Johnny chants, booing, and unrest.
Not saying I promote but you know that's what will happen.
And that's fine... if by fuck up you mean a turn over... or two...
However, if it starts because one drive stalls and the next never gets started because of a holding call setting up a 3rd and 17, then that's just sad... factory or not.
Fyi, I saw Johnny speak to the media today and he did well. He trusts Pettine, just wants to win, even called his "fumble" a bonehead play. He is a team guy.
Yup... never is an issue with his words.
There have been others, e.g., RG3, Tebow, Kaepernick, Favre, but JM being ours adds to our excitement. As mentioned, in the long run it will be a only matter of whether that excitement produces wins. And I think that will depend upon how much the excitement is necessary.
And that's fine... if by fuck up you mean a turn over... or two...
However, if it starts because one drive stalls and the next never gets started because of a holding call setting up a 3rd and 17, then that's just sad... factory or not.
1. Manziel brings 10 times more energy, quickness, tempo, and joy than either RG3, Tebow, or Kaepernick.
2. You obviously don't go to that stadium a lot. If Hoyer throws an interception, especially early it will rain Johnny chants. I can even see Johnny chants coming if Hoyer is simply ineffective without throwing an interception. If he takes a sack or throws a few in the dirt the boo's will come, like I said, not agreeing with it but rest assure, it will happen.
Zombo said:
Well, the little guy certainly appeared to take it hard. Unless he was just taking a nap.

The little guy got his ass right back up fired a strike to Miles Austin. It was good seeing competent QB play from someone in that game.
-
There have been others, e.g., RG3, Tebow, Kaepernick, Favre, but JM being ours adds to our excitement. As mentioned, in the long run it will be a only matter of whether that excitement produces wins. And I think that will depend upon how much the excitement is necessary.
And that's fine... if by fuck up you mean a turn over... or two...
However, if it starts because one drive stalls and the next never gets started because of a holding call setting up a 3rd and 17, then that's just sad... factory or not.
1. Manziel brings 10 times more energy, quickness, tempo, and joy than either RG3, Tebow, or Kaepernick.
2. You obviously don't go to that stadium a lot. If Hoyer throws an interception, especially early it will rain Johnny chants. I can even see Johnny chants coming if Hoyer is simply ineffective without throwing an interception. If he takes a sack or throws a few in the dirt the boo's will come, like I said, not agreeing with it but rest assure, it will happen.
Zombo said:
Well, the little guy certainly appeared to take it hard. Unless he was just taking a nap.

The little guy got his ass right back up fired a strike to Miles Austin. It was good seeing competent QB play from someone in that game.
1. Manziel brings 10 times more energy, quickness, tempo, and joy than either RG3, Tebow, or Kaepernick.
2. You obviously don't go to that stadium a lot. If Hoyer throws an interception, especially early it will rain Johnny chants. I can even see Johnny chants coming if Hoyer is simply ineffective without throwing an interception. If he takes a sack or throws a few in the dirt the boo's will come, like I said, not agreeing with it but rest assure, it will happen.
The little guy got his ass right back up fired a strike to Miles Austin. It was good seeing competent QB play from someone in that game.
Did you really just reference joy?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login