Skip to content

Hoyers should be removed as starter

The Browns Board
407 72 13.6k
  • My first post was an attempt at a joke, but as nerves are a bit raw, I understand the replies.

    I would guess that johnny's gonna get to the field soon, so at least we won't be talking about a guy sitting on the bench anymore.

    Then again, who knows...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @aggie-brown-fan said:

    My first post was an attempt at a joke, but as nerves are a bit raw, I understand the replies.

    I would guess that johnny's gonna get to the field soon, so at least we won't be talking about a guy sitting on the bench anymore.

    Then again, who knows...

    Cool... you suck at jokes, but cool... 😉

    I'm ready...

    Go Browns...

  • @texaskevin06 said:

    Every time someone like me gave there honest opinion on Hoyer or Manziel you all resorted to calling us "fanboys" and saying that we were not real fans of the Browns. Now that it is apparent that we were right we want to let it known to all of you that didn't respect our opinion. You are not stupid, just wrong about this one thing.

    The JFF fanboys wanted Pettine to bench BH while the team was winning, which was ludicrous. Now that BH is preventing this team from winning its time to see what the 1st round draft choice can do. I certainly hope Johnny can elevate the offense to a higher level than BH could. But keep this in mind, if Johnny shits to bed the Manzealots will get a shitstorm headed back their way (provided they have the spine to return to this board).

    T TexasKevin06 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    The JFF fanboys wanted Pettine to bench BH while the team was winning, which was ludicrous. Now that BH is preventing this team from winning its time to see what the 1st round draft choice can do. I certainly hope Johnny can elevate the offense to a higher level than BH could. But keep this in mind, if Johnny shits to bed the Manzealots will get a shitstorm headed back their way (provided they have the spine to return to this board).

    When Hoyer beat Cincinatti I thought he played well enough to keep his job. But when they were 7-4 I thought a change needed to be made. You all wanted them to keep Brian in and guess what. The team is 7-6 and probably not going to make the playoffs, baring Johnny saving the day. And Johnny's success isn't my everything. If he is a bust so be it. If my favorite tennis player or golfer lose it isn't the end of the world and Johnny isn't any different. I hope he has success and believe me if he does I'm going to be on this board telling you. But i'm not going to stop posting because of an interception or a loss. We are in this together, win or lose.

  • B browns23 wrote on last edited by

    Honestly anyone that is a Manziel fan only should be happy how this season turned out. Johnny got to sit and learn the process of being an NFL player without being thrown into the game (at the most difficult position) immediately. Also he lucked out on not having to start without a pro bowl center for 8 weeks of the season. Also he didn't have to play without a pro bowl Tight End for 6 games or the NFL's leading receiver last year for 10 games. It would have been a difficult season for Johnny with the way the run game has been going and missing three pro bowlers on the offensive side of the ball. He has gotten a chance to get his feet wet by playing in a few games this season sporadically as well. So really Johnny had a pretty good set up for his season, if he starts the next three games he will have that valuable experience as well as a healthy roster going into next season.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    This to me is showing an ugly side. He's as petulant as his mentor without a smidgen of his talent.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    The JFF fanboys wanted Pettine to bench BH while the team was winning, which was ludicrous. Now that BH is preventing this team from winning its time to see what the 1st round draft choice can do. I certainly hope Johnny can elevate the offense to a higher level than BH could. But keep this in mind, if Johnny shits to bed the Manzealots will get a shitstorm headed back their way (provided they have the spine to return to this board).

    If he shits the bed it'll be everyone else's fault but his.

    T TexasKevin06 wrote on last edited by

    @usfbrown said:

    If he shits the bed it'll be everyone else's fault but his.

    You are not going to here excuses from me. If he makes an error then I will be the first one to admit it. I am admittedly very biased but try not to be on this board.

  • Every week when some of us wanted to pull Hoyer you called us "fanboys" and said we weren't real Browns fans. When we said that Hoyer is garbage you jumped on us and said Hoyer is winning games. Us "fanboys" were right. Not about Manziel because we don't know that yet but about Hoyer. Now all of you want to make a change? Hoyer looked no better or worse this game then several games this season. I hope Johnny gets traded to a team that really wants to accomplish things, not go 7-4 and be afraid to make a change. I will root for the Browns so long as Johnny is here but some of you need to raise your expectations a bit for this team and not be satisfied with mediocrity.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texaskevin06 said:

    Every week when some of us wanted to pull Hoyer you called us "fanboys" and said we weren't real Browns fans. When we said that Hoyer is garbage you jumped on us and said Hoyer is winning games. Us "fanboys" were right. Not about Manziel because we don't know that yet but about Hoyer. Now all of you want to make a change? Hoyer looked no better or worse this game then several games this season. I hope Johnny gets traded to a team that really wants to accomplish things, not go 7-4 and be afraid to make a change. I will root for the Browns so long as Johnny is here but some of you need to raise your expectations a bit for this team and not be satisfied with mediocrity.

    Got your size wrong...

    You want points for calling our starting QB "garbage".

    Dream the fuck on...

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    I said going into the off season last year that I felt more and more strongly that the browns had to go get Johnny football. He had balls. Then we got him. Then Hoyer came back and like any other real browns fan I was with him as our starter if the team was. Now I and everyone can see his ceiling. We saw his highs and his lows and while the highs were good they just aren't good enough to out balance the lows. He's gotta go. I won't be surprised if he DOES finish out the season but this is not his future. Barring a miracle the rest of this season is garbage time again. Time to let us see what Johnny can do. If he's good we win a moral victory of sorts and go into the next season with momentum. If he's not good, back to the drawing board and what might have been with a killer defense. If he's GREAT all might not yet be lost.

  • I said going into the off season last year that I felt more and more strongly that the browns had to go get Johnny football. He had balls. Then we got him. Then Hoyer came back and like any other real browns fan I was with him as our starter if the team was. Now I and everyone can see his ceiling. We saw his highs and his lows and while the highs were good they just aren't good enough to out balance the lows. He's gotta go. I won't be surprised if he DOES finish out the season but this is not his future. Barring a miracle the rest of this season is garbage time again. Time to let us see what Johnny can do. If he's good we win a moral victory of sorts and go into the next season with momentum. If he's not good, back to the drawing board and what might have been with a killer defense. If he's GREAT all might not yet be lost.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I said going into the off season last year that I felt more and more strongly that the browns had to go get Johnny football. He had balls. Then we got him. Then Hoyer came back and like any other real browns fan I was with him as our starter if the team was. Now I and everyone can see his ceiling. We saw his highs and his lows and while the highs were good they just aren't good enough to out balance the lows. He's gotta go. I won't be surprised if he DOES finish out the season but this is not his future. Barring a miracle the rest of this season is garbage time again. Time to let us see what Johnny can do. If he's good we win a moral victory of sorts and go into the next season with momentum. If he's not good, back to the drawing board and what might have been with a killer defense. If he's GREAT all might not yet be lost.

    A plus one doesn't give it justice. You nailed it Cysko. To the wall. Balls and all.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    Total team loss? I know you're a troll but 2/3 of the phases we pretty much dominated.

  • B blowe wrote on last edited by

    Thank you, Soju. Anything you complain about I naturally disagree with because you're a bitch and all. So thank you. Thank you for reaffirming my faith in Pettine.

  • @usfbrown said:

    If he shits the bed it'll be everyone else's fault but his.

    You are not going to here excuses from me. If he makes an error then I will be the first one to admit it. I am admittedly very biased but try not to be on this board.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @texaskevin06 said:

    You are not going to here excuses from me. If he makes an error then I will be the first one to admit it. I am admittedly very biased but try not to be on this board.

    Alright Tex. Calling truce here. Get your shit in order and get in line.

    Most of us are on the same page. Get ready with us, or fuck off.

    And your mama's a man.

  • WinstonLegthighW WinstonLegthigh wrote on last edited by

    Dildo molded from JF?

    Jesus that would have to be like 9 inches...around!

  • @texaskevin06 said:

    You are not going to here excuses from me. If he makes an error then I will be the first one to admit it. I am admittedly very biased but try not to be on this board.

    Alright Tex. Calling truce here. Get your shit in order and get in line.

    Most of us are on the same page. Get ready with us, or fuck off.

    And your mama's a man.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Alright Tex. Calling truce here. Get your shit in order and get in line.

    Most of us are on the same page. Get ready with us, or fuck off.

    And your mama's a man.

    Exactly

  • Dildo molded from JF?

    Jesus that would have to be like 9 inches...around!

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @winstonlegthigh said:

    Dildo molded from JF?

    Jesus that would have to be like 9 inches...around!

    He does have big hands. Presumably big feet too. You know what they say. The bigger the feet...

  • @winstonlegthigh said:

    Dildo molded from JF?

    Jesus that would have to be like 9 inches...around!

    He does have big hands. Presumably big feet too. You know what they say. The bigger the feet...

    WinstonLegthighW WinstonLegthigh wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    He does have big hands. Presumably big feet too. You know what they say. The bigger the feet...

    The bigger the line of coke?

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    Brian is full of excuses. He needs to man up and say I, me, I sucked and lost the game........ none of this 'we' shit today.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    I already said how I felt about his comments. He's petulant and has no talent. He threw Cameron under the bus for an interception he threw to a fucking defender. How about this b-ri? THROW THE FUCKING PLAY BOOK OUT AND FIND YOUR FUCKING RECEIVER. IF A PLAY GETS BROKEN FIND A WAY TO IMPROVISE.

  • @soju said:

    This b!tch of a coach is scared to hurt people's feelings. We've seen it all training camp not naming a starter, scared to put his foot down, scared to upset his players by putting the best man in. We need a real man at the helm, Pettine is just a big soft b!tch.

    He should have named Manziel the starter earlier this week and I guarantee we would have won by 2 TDs. This is on Pettine the stupid motherfvcker scared to hurt his players feelings.

    Mindless blabber

    Pettine is anything but soft, he is doing great for a rookie head coach. I wanted manziel to start today, in hindsight it seems like that should have been the decision. But its understandable why he would start hoyer. He didnt want a knee jerk reaction of putting a rookie in over a starter who has a 7-5 record in the middle of a playoff run. It was not a bad decisions at the time.

    Also, if you are going to swear, fucking swear you bitch. Quit it with the lame ass "fvcker" shit.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    @winstonlegthigh said:

    Mindless blabber

    Pettine is anything but soft, he is doing great for a rookie head coach. I wanted manziel to start today, in hindsight it seems like that should have been the decision. But its understandable why he would start hoyer. He didnt want a knee jerk reaction of putting a rookie in over a starter who has a 7-5 record in the middle of a playoff run. It was not a bad decisions at the time.

    Also, if you are going to swear, fucking swear you bitch. Quit it with the lame ass "fvcker" shit.

    Seconded.

  • A Aggie Brown fan wrote on last edited by

    By "wrong" I mean to say that Johnny is and has been a better option than Hoyer, especially today. I wasn't sure of this until the Buffalo drive, but Pettine should have made the change and I think it cost the game today. I have been saying up until the Buffalo game that Hoyer should start, because the team was winning. I was wrong.

    Hoyer is not close to the talent level of Manziel,, and hopefully next week we'll start to see that. You've heard it all before, Anderson, McCoy, whoever, I don't care. With this defense, running game, special teams, receiver corps, the Browns will thrive with Johnny at qb.

    You can hate him for the money sign, flipping the bird, going to Cavs games, whatever, he will win games on Sunday.

    Think of it this way. With a Hoyer drive, I find myself hoping for no penalties, no negative plays, because there's so little margin for error.

    With Manziel,, every play has the possibility of a home run. I just hope that starts next week, cuz Hoyer was horrible today and shouldn't be rewarded with another start.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    I love him for the money sign. This team needs that. It's got talent it needs balls.