Skip to content

Step One: Win Out...

The Browns Board
36 21 1.6k
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #1

    This site says if we win out, then we have an 81% chance of making playoffs.

    http://www.playoffst...ownswhatif.html

    Here's what I think it takes to get into the post-season, but it's late so...

    With a tie in their record, we need Cinci to lose to us plus one other team out of Denver and PTG.

    We beat the Ravens and it does matter what else they do as we will have the better Division record (tiebreaker #2).

    Looks like we cannot win tie-breaker #3 (Common opponents) with Pittsburgh, if they beat Cinci in Week 17. They would have one more, common opponent win. Besides Cinci they have to win one other game to tie us at 10-6. They are @ ATL and host KC before closing out with Cinci.

    So our clearest path after we win all three is for Cinci to lose to Denver, but beat PTG... then we win the Division.

    If we do end up tied with PTG and lose that tie-breaker, then we are in the conference pool for Wild Card spots with Miami (7-6), Houston (7-6), San Diego (8-5) and KC (7-6).

    So win out and stay tuned...

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Do you think Brian Hoyer gives us the best chance to win?

  • tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Fucking ay Walter, quit tainting every thread.

    I knew we'd have to win the last 3 for any shot, obviously. But this really is good news after yesterday's heart-attack inducing loss.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    The way I see it is both wild card spots will be 10-6 at this point. We have 2 games against not only divisional opponents, but teams clearly battling for that record. Yesterday's loss was a killer, but we did get some reprieve in Cincinnati, Miami, San Diego, and Buffalo all losing. You're right, another loss and it's over though.

    This season makes me miss the day the browns were 4-8 and "in the hunt".

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
    #5

    10-6 still gives us a chance... But it has to be 10-6.

    I think the Ravens are the best team we have remaining, but obviously our defense isn't going to be able to score two TDs every game.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #6
    we need Cinci to lose to us plus one other team out of Denver and PTG.

    Well, I don't think that'll be a challenge...

  • darkside5D darkside5 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Yep that pretty much sums it up Tour. Our backs are against the wall. We control our own destiny.

    GO BROWNS !

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #8

    It ain't happening.

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #9

    So you're saying there's a chance??

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #10

    There's a very slim chance. And if JFF makes it a reality, holy shitballs, it's going to be Tebow to the power of Tebow.

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #11

    On the other hand, since we're still in it, does Pettine go with 'the starter' for this one as well?

  • we need Cinci to lose to us plus one other team out of Denver and PTG.

    Well, I don't think that'll be a challenge...

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Anybodies' guess right now, Chris... If there are any tea leaves to be read, you'd have them I'd think.

    @gftchris said:

    Well, I don't think that'll be a challenge...

    Agree... I like our chances that Cinci loses to Denver, but that's the game we would need them to lose and then rise up to beat PTG in Week 17.

    But if they lose to us and Denver then what do they have to play for in PTG?

    But but but but but...

    Which brings us back to "Step One".

  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by JAFBF
    #13

    10-6 just won't do it, we don't really have any Tie breakers in our favor outside of the Division.

    Lot of Teams would have to falter as well, just don't see it.

    We've still got too many problems, I mean seriously, we just started our 4th Center this past week - and our run game showed it.

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I think the run game opens up with Johnny starting because the defense will be spread out.

  • 10-6 just won't do it, we don't really have any Tie breakers in our favor outside of the Division.

    Lot of Teams would have to falter as well, just don't see it.

    We've still got too many problems, I mean seriously, we just started our 4th Center this past week - and our run game showed it.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @jafbf said:

    10-6 just won't do it, we don't really have any Tie breakers in our favor outside of the Division.

    Lot of Teams would have to falter as well, just don't see it.

    We've still got too many problems, I mean seriously, we just started our 4th Center this past week - and our run game showed it.

    10-6 can definitely do it, we just need to get there.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    It's improbable but not impossible. We can surely win out. a challenge I hope the team is up for.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #17

    yep. It will be a tall order for a rookie QB to win his first 3 games out. Especially against 2 division rivals fighting for playoff spots.

    If he does it, he will be the first.

    Of course, he IS Johnny Football, so who better to break the mold.

  • The Italian DawgPoundT The Italian DawgPound wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Pettine has a tremendously difficult choice to make this week as far as who is going to be the starter on Sunday.

    I'm backing him up whatever he chooses. No second guessing here. His choice is my choice.

    I trust him 100%.

  • Pettine has a tremendously difficult choice to make this week as far as who is going to be the starter on Sunday.

    I'm backing him up whatever he chooses. No second guessing here. His choice is my choice.

    I trust him 100%.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @the-italian-dawgpound said:

    Pettine has a tremendously difficult choice to make this week as far as who is going to be the starter on Sunday.

    I'm backing him up whatever he chooses. No second guessing here. His choice is my choice.

    I trust him 100%.

    Ditto. If by some odd chance he picks Brian I'll be behind him. Seems like it's gonna be johnny though.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #20

    it's not a difficult choice if you watched the last 2 games....really...is it?