Skip to content

Fan patience

The Browns Board
26 16 1.1k
  • I believe Theodore Roosevelt said it a lot better than I can:

    THE MAN IN THE ARENA
    Excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic"
    delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April, 1910

    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat
  • My patience is still here, been a fan since my dad took me to my first game in 1970 (I was 7). I still get pissed off after a loss, and I was really irritated leaving the stadium Sunday- all we needed was a TD after the Leonhard INT, but nope. Then the shitty PI call on Skrine, another loss.

    I too was pulling for Hoyer, he was playing so well before Mack went down. The season was so promising (I know, it really isn't over yet, we still have a tiny chance if we win out). It just sucks to no end to see a team that was gelling at 6-3 hit the skids.

    JF may provide a spark, I hope so. The move had to be done.

    The future is bright. Our HC isn't perfect, but he's the best we've had in awhile. Farmer seems to be on top of things. We have closed the gap on our division rivals.

    Teddy could really turn a phrase... Reminds me that I still have the third installment of Morris' TR trilogy to read.

    @bob806 said:

    ... before Mack went down. The season was so promising...

    Take just a second to put together in your head the O-line play/Offense we saw early with the D we see now.

    No matter the QB, that image is dizzying...

  • Teddy could really turn a phrase... Reminds me that I still have the third installment of Morris' TR trilogy to read.

    @bob806 said:

    ... before Mack went down. The season was so promising...

    Take just a second to put together in your head the O-line play/Offense we saw early with the D we see now.

    No matter the QB, that image is dizzying...

    @tour2ma said:

    Teddy could really turn a phrase... Reminds me that I still have the third installment of Morris' TR trilogy to read.

    Take just a second to put together in your head the O-line play/Offense we saw early with the D we see now.

    No matter the QB, that image is dizzying...

    Only in Cleveland......yuck. Let's win out and do some damage in the postseason. Balls to the wall last 3 games. These men can do it!

  • Yes all 3 of them are still in the league, but they are all backups and that's all they will ever be. They get their chances due to injury or ineffective play. The are NOT starting QB's though

    @browns149 said:

    Yes all 3 of them are still in the league, but they are all backups and that's all they will ever be. They get their chances due to injury or ineffective play. The are NOT starting QB's though

    Precisely. Unfortunately the Browns have used a bunch of backup QBs...or worse. Really, only Tim Couch could have been considered to be a starting NFL QB for more than a 1 year period....but he got hurt and he lost his confidence...and played for some awful teams.

    We have had washed up starters like Dilfer/Garcia/Delhomme/Jason Campbell. Third round reaches like Frye/McCoy who didn't pan out. Frye...out of the league....McCoy is a backup. We have had first round busts like Quinn and Weeden. A few younger veterans that showed some promise but didn't ultimately pan out as hoped: Holcomb/Anderson/Hoyer

    NONE of these guys ever went away from here to secure a full time starting gig.

    We have not had a real NFL starting QB on this team since before "the move" (with the possible exception of Couch). Vinny and Bernie were the last ones we have had really

    We now need to have one. We have had bad luck with like 20 guys in a row not fitting the bill.

    Johnny Manzeil is now #21.....and we need to hit Blackjack with him.

  • I am very impatient with Cundiff. He's gotta go.

  • I am very impatient with Cundiff. He's gotta go.

    @brownsfever said:

    I am very impatient with Cundiff. He's gotta go.

    If it wasn't for his long KO's I think he'd be gone already, but yeah, it's hard to believe there's not someone more accurate out there.