Skip to content

What About Suh?

The Browns Board
59 29 2.1k
  • @andeftw said:

    As a Packers fan (and a Browns fan secondly), I've seen plenty of this guy ever since I started following football a few years ago.

    He's a terrific player whom you have to account for on any play, but he's not worth what it's going to cost to bring him to Cleveland. He's on the same level as Gerald McCoy without the injury concerns but with character concerns. If McCoy's getting 14 mil a year, there's no way Suh is worth more than 15.

    Both the Browns and the Packers play a 3-4, so I don't see him as a good fit. A 3-4 DE is more of a run-stopper than a pass rusher, so you're giving up your teams future financial flexibility to play a guy out of position. Don't think Farmer is that kind of guy.

    He would fit great as a 3/4 end and be the best in the league. NT will be a big need for us in the offseason, I doubt Rubin will be back. Were pretty good on the Ends, and deep. Hell Id bet Suh would be a great there too, but he wouldnt want to play it. From what Ive heard hes a good guy off the field and in the locker room. Hes just does dumb shit sometimes.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    He would fit great as a 3/4 end and be the best in the league. NT will be a big need for us in the offseason, I doubt Rubin will be back. Were pretty good on the Ends, and deep. Hell Id bet Suh would be a great there too, but he wouldnt want to play it. From what Ive heard hes a good guy off the field and in the locker room. Hes just does dumb shit sometimes.

    Disagree. Suh would be lost in a 3-4 defense. He doesn't have the size to play NT, and is not quick/fast enough to have the same impact as a DE as he has playing the inside in a 4-3. It would take him a whole season to adjust to the position. Going against OTs and moving lateral at times is a lot different that going against Cs/OGs and moving vertical almost every play... Plus, his over-pursuit would create giant gaps behind him in the run-game... not something we need... We need a more disciplined player in that position (Winn and D.Bryant are really starting to figure that out recently)...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well hell, I guess I'll have to recruit us another Aggie then. LOL! 😉

    http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/05/01/broncos-pick-up-5th-year-option-on-von-millers-contract/

    Us? What do you mean Us Kemo Sabe?

    @the-gipper said:

    Us? What do you mean Us Kemo Sabe?

    You fuckers are starting to rub off on me. I feel so dirty now. Almost Brown in fact. Next thing you know one of you will be providing me a dogpound mug when I come for a game.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Us? What do you mean Us Kemo Sabe?

    You fuckers are starting to rub off on me. I feel so dirty now. Almost Brown in fact. Next thing you know one of you will be providing me a dogpound mug when I come for a game.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You fuckers are starting to rub off on me. I feel so dirty now. Almost Brown in fact. Next thing you know one of you will be providing me a dogpound mug when I come for a game.

    i don't know about a mug but i'm comin with hats next year.

    don't know if you'll come all that way to watch conner shaw lead the browns to the playoffs though........ 😎

    but if you do you'll get a beanie. (no, not beaner as you guys in TX like to say).

  • No foofoo sissy mugs in the dawg pound.....only dawggy dishes and bowls.....

    you take the plunge when you drink with us...

  • No foofoo sissy mugs in the dawg pound.....only dawggy dishes and bowls.....

    you take the plunge when you drink with us...

    @mudfly said:

    No foofoo sissy mugs in the dawg pound.....only dawggy dishes and bowls.....

    you take the plunge when you drink with us...

    i'll prob just bring a rolling IV with a sack a suds attached to my main frame. leaves me with two hands free.....hee hee.

  • Denzel Perryman

  • Watt is like from another planet...There's him ....then everybody else....if ANY defender is worth QB money, it's him.....

    Suh has pretty average #'s(38 tkl/5.5 sks) overall, though I know he occupies and disrupts more than the stats show. He creates for others, so to speak.....but him and Bryant have the same basic tackles/sacks and Bryant missed a bunch of games early....

    I agree that BOSA could be the next GREAT one.....a complete player in every way!

    @mudfly said:

    Watt is like from another planet...There's him ....then everybody else....if ANY defender is worth QB money, it's him.....

    Suh has pretty average #'s(38 tkl/5.5 sks) overall, though I know he occupies and disrupts more than the stats show. He creates for others, so to speak.....but him and Bryant have the same basic tackles/sacks and Bryant missed a bunch of games early....

    I agree that BOSA could be the next GREAT one.....a complete player in every way!

    I would blow my load if we got Bosa.

  • Thought Bosa was a soph-be there for the 2016 draft. Wrong or right on that?

  • Thought Bosa was a soph-be there for the 2016 draft. Wrong or right on that?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Thought Bosa was a soph-be there for the 2016 draft. Wrong or right on that?

    Right.

  • @andeftw said:

    As a Packers fan (and a Browns fan secondly), I've seen plenty of this guy ever since I started following football a few years ago.

    He's a terrific player whom you have to account for on any play, but he's not worth what it's going to cost to bring him to Cleveland. He's on the same level as Gerald McCoy without the injury concerns but with character concerns. If McCoy's getting 14 mil a year, there's no way Suh is worth more than 15.

    Both the Browns and the Packers play a 3-4, so I don't see him as a good fit. A 3-4 DE is more of a run-stopper than a pass rusher, so you're giving up your teams future financial flexibility to play a guy out of position. Don't think Farmer is that kind of guy.

    He would fit great as a 3/4 end and be the best in the league. NT will be a big need for us in the offseason, I doubt Rubin will be back. Were pretty good on the Ends, and deep. Hell Id bet Suh would be a great there too, but he wouldnt want to play it. From what Ive heard hes a good guy off the field and in the locker room. Hes just does dumb shit sometimes.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    He would fit great as a 3/4 end and be the best in the league. NT will be a big need for us in the offseason, I doubt Rubin will be back. Were pretty good on the Ends, and deep. Hell Id bet Suh would be a great there too, but he wouldnt want to play it. From what Ive heard hes a good guy off the field and in the locker room. Hes just does dumb shit sometimes.

    Phil Taylor is among the best NT's in the league and he's going to need an extension after the 5th year option expires next season. Gordon and Cameron will need pricy extensions soon as well. Gipson is a restricted free agent, so he'll probably get the first or second round tender, but an extension will kick in for him in 2016.

    I don't think it makes sense to overpay for a good defensive lineman and play him out of position when it means giving up financial flexibility in the future. What's the point of drafting and developing players if you don't have the cap room to sign them later on?

    In a few years you would end up with the mess the Saints currently have on their hands with very little depth and high priced underperforming free agents acquisitions.

  • @mudfly said:

    Watt is like from another planet...There's him ....then everybody else....if ANY defender is worth QB money, it's him.....

    Suh has pretty average #'s(38 tkl/5.5 sks) overall, though I know he occupies and disrupts more than the stats show. He creates for others, so to speak.....but him and Bryant have the same basic tackles/sacks and Bryant missed a bunch of games early....

    I agree that BOSA could be the next GREAT one.....a complete player in every way!

    I would blow my load if we got Bosa.

    @letsgojackets said:

    I would blow my load if we got Bosa.

    Would probably take a top 5 pick to draft and hopefully the Browns won't be in that situation in a few years' time.

  • What about Suh's counterpart, Fairley? He's a 2015 UFA with a mere $3.1 mil 2014 price tag and you get the injury discount.

    Miller (JAX), Williams (AZ) and Bowers (TB) are among other UFA DT's of potential interest.

  • @letsgojackets said:

    I would blow my load if we got Bosa.

    Would probably take a top 5 pick to draft and hopefully the Browns won't be in that situation in a few years' time.

    @andeftw said:

    Would probably take a top 5 pick to draft and hopefully the Browns won't be in that situation in a few years' time.

    I agree.....we wont even sniff him.....unless Farmer finds another Buffalo to trade with....I can dream, right?

  • @andeftw said:

    Would probably take a top 5 pick to draft and hopefully the Browns won't be in that situation in a few years' time.

    I agree.....we wont even sniff him.....unless Farmer finds another Buffalo to trade with....I can dream, right?

    @mudfly said:

    I agree.....we wont even sniff him.....unless Farmer finds another Buffalo to trade with....I can dream, right?

    The Dolphins gave up just a second rounder in 2013 to move up from 12 to 3, the Bills a first and a 4th/5th to move up from 9 to 4.

    If the Browns get lucky and the team holding the pick is looking to trade down, it might not cost all that much to get him...

  • @mudfly said:

    I agree.....we wont even sniff him.....unless Farmer finds another Buffalo to trade with....I can dream, right?

    The Dolphins gave up just a second rounder in 2013 to move up from 12 to 3, the Bills a first and a 4th/5th to move up from 9 to 4.

    If the Browns get lucky and the team holding the pick is looking to trade down, it might not cost all that much to get him...

    @andeftw said:

    The Dolphins gave up just a second rounder in 2013 to move up from 12 to 3, the Bills a first and a 4th/5th to move up from 9 to 4.

    If the Browns get lucky and the team holding the pick is looking to trade down, it might not cost all that much to get him...

    This is true, but I think Bosa will be a coveted player that teams will not pass on
  • @andeftw said:

    The Dolphins gave up just a second rounder in 2013 to move up from 12 to 3, the Bills a first and a 4th/5th to move up from 9 to 4.

    If the Browns get lucky and the team holding the pick is looking to trade down, it might not cost all that much to get him...

    This is true, but I think Bosa will be a coveted player that teams will not pass on

    @comeonman said:

    This is true, but I think Bosa will be a coveted player that teams will not pass on

    That's most likely the case but considering we don't even know which underclassmen are declaring for the draft, it's all speculation at this time. It all depends on the depth of the class.

    I think Bosa will be more coveted by teams which play in a 4-3 scheme though.

  • I'd take him but not for that kind of money. No reports that he is a team cancer right?

    WSS

  • i have said for a while that our 1st round should be dl/ol this year.

    Perhaps we can get the DT at FSU.

    Suh is not worth it, not even close.

  • Why the hell would we sign suh, when

    A. He's an on the field moron, who can hurt your defense as easily as he can help it.

    B. He's a dirtbag.

    C. You can draft a guy who has the intelligence to practice, and play, like a Cleveland Brown.

    D. The Browns have built a TEAM. Why screw it up with with a giant, really ignorant, selfish, out of control

    asswipe?

    E. Did I mention that he is stupid, and can cost his team a win, especially an important win, by getting a big

    penalty at the worst possible time, and he wouldn't give a damn?

    F. Forget it. Seriously.

  • Why the hell would we sign suh, when

    A. He's an on the field moron, who can hurt your defense as easily as he can help it.

    B. He's a dirtbag.

    C. You can draft a guy who has the intelligence to practice, and play, like a Cleveland Brown.

    D. The Browns have built a TEAM. Why screw it up with with a giant, really ignorant, selfish, out of control

    asswipe?

    E. Did I mention that he is stupid, and can cost his team a win, especially an important win, by getting a big

    penalty at the worst possible time, and he wouldn't give a damn?

    F. Forget it. Seriously.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Why the hell would we sign suh, when

    A. He's an on the field moron, who can hurt your defense as easily as he can help it.

    B. He's a dirtbag.

    C. You can draft a guy who has the intelligence to practice, and play, like a Cleveland Brown.

    D. The Browns have built a TEAM. Why screw it up with with a giant, really ignorant, selfish, out of control

    asswipe?

    E. Did I mention that he is stupid, and can cost his team a win, especially an important win, by getting a big

    penalty at the worst possible time, and he wouldn't give a damn?

    F. Forget it. Seriously.

    YEP^^^^^^^

    Mike