Skip to content

Hoyer

The Browns Board
114 32 4.1k
  • Guys, hoyer was always just a temporary stopgap until JF took the field. Nothing more.

    @tacosman said:

    Guys, hoyer was always just a temporary stopgap until JF took the field. Nothing more.

    Yeah well he's gonna have to be a stopgap for awhile more. Like another 2 years.

  • Hoyer has to understand that it was "HIS" shitty play that forced us to see where Manziel was at. If he still wants to leave, then fuck him. If he wants to stay I'd still sign him and pay him decent...not what he wanted before the season obviously but pay the man. He has to know though that we've got a guy on the bench that we want to be our QB in 10 years. So the team is Hoyers for at least a year or two but he has to know it's a competition every year. If he can't deal with competition than go somewhere else. I too would rather see Hoyer start next year but if he shits the bed again for multiple games than maybe he needs to sit for a game or two. That's perfectly reasonable.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Hoyer has to understand that it was "HIS" shitty play that forced us to see where Manziel was at. If he still wants to leave, then fuck him. If he wants to stay I'd still sign him and pay him decent...not what he wanted before the season obviously but pay the man. He has to know though that we've got a guy on the bench that we want to be our QB in 10 years. So the team is Hoyers for at least a year or two but he has to know it's a competition every year. If he can't deal with competition than go somewhere else. I too would rather see Hoyer start next year but if he shits the bed again for multiple games than maybe he needs to sit for a game or two. That's perfectly reasonable.

    Hoyers gone and will probably land a starting gig (or compete for one) next year. He has experienced the JF circus and I'm sure he wants no part in having to deal with this moving forward. This is Manziels team now and today was not very promising but it's only 1 game

  • @tacosman said:

    Guys, hoyer was always just a temporary stopgap until JF took the field. Nothing more.

    Yeah well he's gonna have to be a stopgap for awhile more. Like another 2 years.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Yeah well he's gonna have to be a stopgap for awhile more. Like another 2 years.

    Depending on the last 2 games I could see them resigning Hoyer and going into camp without a set starter...again.

    I hope Johnny kicks it up, but what I saw today was a guy not ready for the NFL yet.

    Regardless, we're going to get 2 more games to evaluate johnny.

  • lol. manziel team.

  • wish Somebody talked out haslem out of the manziel pick like the guy who talked Jerry Jones out of selecting manziel. Jones right now seems like a genius.

  • @tacosman said:

    Guys, hoyer was always just a temporary stopgap until JF took the field. Nothing more.

    Yeah well he's gonna have to be a stopgap for awhile more. Like another 2 years.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Yeah well he's gonna have to be a stopgap for awhile more. Like another 2 years.

    No way the browns do that....too expensive.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Yeah well he's gonna have to be a stopgap for awhile more. Like another 2 years.

    Depending on the last 2 games I could see them resigning Hoyer and going into camp without a set starter...again.

    I hope Johnny kicks it up, but what I saw today was a guy not ready for the NFL yet.

    Regardless, we're going to get 2 more games to evaluate johnny.

    @bbedward said:

    Depending on the last 2 games I could see them resigning Hoyer and going into camp without a set starter...again.

    I hope Johnny kicks it up, but what I saw today was a guy not ready for the NFL yet.

    Regardless, we're going to get 2 more games to evaluate johnny.

    This team has other needs, and an 8 million dollar backup qb is not compatible with filling those.

  • @bbedward said:

    Depending on the last 2 games I could see them resigning Hoyer and going into camp without a set starter...again.

    I hope Johnny kicks it up, but what I saw today was a guy not ready for the NFL yet.

    Regardless, we're going to get 2 more games to evaluate johnny.

    This team has other needs, and an 8 million dollar backup qb is not compatible with filling those.

    @tacosman said:

    This team has other needs, and an 8 million dollar backup qb is not compatible with filling those.

    we need a $20 million dollar QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    they haven't had in the history of this team

    well except Otto and he was a $5000 guy back in the day

  • Damn Slim, l feel like you're pulling a Jerry McGuire on me. But l'm with you! Hoyer nation!

    But the fine print here. I don't know shit about shit, all l know is what l think l know until l'm told otherwise. I saw an entire team play their guts out last week, and l saw that same team going through the motions today.

    Am l wrong? Please somebody set me straight.

    And Taco, l've had about enough of you. All l want is a goddamn taco from you. Put out or get out bitch.

    Waitaminnute... Stockton?

  • I believe brian exists. But as the qb of the browns moving forward I have my doubts.

  • A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

  • A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    @tacosman said:

    A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    Ha ha, good to have you back man. I could tell by the way you write. All wordy and disregarding of certain shit. Yeah...

  • @tacosman said:

    A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    Ha ha, good to have you back man. I could tell by the way you write. All wordy and disregarding of certain shit. Yeah...

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Ha ha, good to have you back man. I could tell by the way you write. All wordy and disregarding of certain shit. Yeah...

    Yup, Stocky zombies himself back again.

  • A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    @tacosman said:

    A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    You are a presumptuous fucking asshole. Your Aggie Manziel loving ass knows nothing about Browns fans and patience. You sign up today as you said because Manziel was starting and try to tell us about patience as Browns fans? Screw you. Your posts are littered with your arrogant bullshit. If you think his performance in the next two games have no impact on next years draft you are even dumber than your posts.
  • This owner/FO dumped Weeden after a year and a half. Dumped the entire coaching staff after only 1 year, and Stocky boy (tacomeat) thinks that these last 3 games wont " affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way"?? Dumbass

  • This owner/FO dumped Weeden after a year and a half. Dumped the entire coaching staff after only 1 year, and Stocky boy (tacomeat) thinks that these last 3 games wont " affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way"?? Dumbass

    @d-bone said:

    This owner/FO dumped Weeden after a year and a half. Dumped the entire coaching staff after only 1 year, and Stocky boy (tacomeat) thinks that these last 3 games wont " affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way"?? Dumbass

    Dumped after A YEAR AND A HALF....your own words. A year and a half for JF would mean he gets dumped early in the 2016 campaign if he plays as poorly as weeden,

  • @tacosman said:

    A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.

    It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....

    These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.

    You are a presumptuous fucking asshole. Your Aggie Manziel loving ass knows nothing about Browns fans and patience. You sign up today as you said because Manziel was starting and try to tell us about patience as Browns fans? Screw you. Your posts are littered with your arrogant bullshit. If you think his performance in the next two games have no impact on next years draft you are even dumber than your posts.

    @jcam222 said:

    You are a presumptuous fucking asshole. Your Aggie Manziel loving ass knows nothing about Browns fans and patience. You sign up today as you said because Manziel was starting and try to tell us about patience as Browns fans? Screw you. Your posts are littered with your arrogant bullshit. If you think his performance in the next two games have no impact on next years draft you are even dumber than your posts.

    Look I'm not going to stoop to your level....I know you are trying to bait me into it, but I'd just rather not.

    Manziel is the guy, and as a highly regarded first round draft pick he's going to get awhile. Let's come together to root for him together.

  • @jcam222 said:

    You are a presumptuous fucking asshole. Your Aggie Manziel loving ass knows nothing about Browns fans and patience. You sign up today as you said because Manziel was starting and try to tell us about patience as Browns fans? Screw you. Your posts are littered with your arrogant bullshit. If you think his performance in the next two games have no impact on next years draft you are even dumber than your posts.

    Look I'm not going to stoop to your level....I know you are trying to bait me into it, but I'd just rather not.

    Manziel is the guy, and as a highly regarded first round draft pick he's going to get awhile. Let's come together to root for him together.

    @tacosman said:

    Look I'm not going to stoop to your level....I know you are trying to bait me into it, but I'd just rather not.

    Manziel is the guy, and as a highly regarded first round draft pick he's going to get awhile. Let's come together to root for him together.

    Right on.

    So, l know you're all about the QB position, l get that. But what did you think about the rest of the team's performance behind him?

    I saw a bunch of guys going through the motions. If they won't put it on the line, it really doesn't matter who the QB is.

    Would you agree?

  • wish Somebody talked out haslem out of the manziel pick like the guy who talked Jerry Jones out of selecting manziel. Jones right now seems like a genius.

    @lbc-mike said:

    wish Somebody talked out haslem out of the manziel pick like the guy who talked Jerry Jones out of selecting manziel. Jones right now seems like a genius.

    That may be the first time in history that Jerry Jones and genius have been mentioned in the same paragraph.