Skip to content

Deep Thoughts ... By Berniedenslow

The Browns Board
166 38 4.2k
  • You don't have to start a thread every time your Mom lets you play with her IPad.

    Z

  • @berniedenslow said:

    I absolutely DO take into consideration all the injuries to the O-Line, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the two rookies who did so well earlier this year when the whole team was. I think they have the potential if and when the O-Line gets healthy and set. Any draft ideas? I'd love to see Wisconsin's Gordon in Brown and Orange. Or do with stick with what we got when the next season starts with (hopefully) a healthy O-Line.

    If this sentence was true, there would be no use for this thread.

    edit: Whom is the other rookie on the Oline?

    @tiamat63 said:

    If this sentence was true, there would be no use for this thread.

    edit: Whom is the other rookie on the Oline?

    Tiamat, do you read Zacheriah Sitchen?

    Bernie means West and Crowell. I'm not sold on West but we haven't seen enough of Crowell. With all our losing seasons and draft picks you'd think we'd have a Le'Veon Bell, JJ Watt or somebody. Thank God they got it right trading T Rich. But got it wrong in the draft. It will be different in April

  • @miktoxic said:

    no but you should have asked permission to put a pic of yourself as your avatar.

    That's not me - sorry.

    @berniedenslow said:

    That's not me - sorry.

    Quit apologizing! Go to scout.com, you can say what you want without being scrutinized and called juvenile names.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If this sentence was true, there would be no use for this thread.

    edit: Whom is the other rookie on the Oline?

    Tiamat, do you read Zacheriah Sitchen?

    Bernie means West and Crowell. I'm not sold on West but we haven't seen enough of Crowell. With all our losing seasons and draft picks you'd think we'd have a Le'Veon Bell, JJ Watt or somebody. Thank God they got it right trading T Rich. But got it wrong in the draft. It will be different in April

    @opal312 said:

    Bernie means West and Crowell.

    I think you and Bernie make a good couple. For Real.

  • How dare you like more than one team! How dare you like chocolate AND vanilla!

  • Rookie backs are both good backs, and fine options.

    Healthy Mack and depth will go a long way, but it'd be nice to get guys who can get to the next level and not whiff on the right side, or pull successfully. Greco seems he isn't a very good pulling guard.

  • @masterdog said:

    I wish we had Bridgewater too. He looks like a real QB and a potential star in this league.

    That's my hope, and he WAS thrown to the dogs this year with a patched up team mostly. I kind of put him in the Hoyer-Manziel catagory "wondering what could have been" without all the injuries around them. One thing that's odd about following the Browns and the Vikings is how similiar their fates seem to match (injuries, records, bad luck).

    @berniedenslow said:

    That's my hope, and he WAS thrown to the dogs this year with a patched up team mostly. I kind of put him in the Hoyer-Manziel catagory "wondering what could have been" without all the injuries around them. One thing that's odd about following the Browns and the Vikings is how similiar their fates seem to match (injuries, records, bad luck).

    He's thrown for a few 300 yard games and anyone seen his completion % the past few games. He's gotten better as the season progresses.

    71.4% vs Panthers

    70.4% vs Jets

    75.6% vs Lions 😮 - It was the highest completion percentage in a game for a rookie quarterback with at least 40 attempts in NFL history.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2301187-teddy-bridgewater-vikings-right-on-track-with-developing-young-qb

    "From Week 9 on, Bridgewater has the third-best accuracy percentage under pressure out of 34 qualifying quarterbacks, per Pro Football Focus premium. He clearly has a knack for operating in the tight confines of a pocket and has even grown in that regard."

  • @tiamat63 said:

    If this sentence was true, there would be no use for this thread.

    edit: Whom is the other rookie on the Oline?

    Tiamat, do you read Zacheriah Sitchen?

    Bernie means West and Crowell. I'm not sold on West but we haven't seen enough of Crowell. With all our losing seasons and draft picks you'd think we'd have a Le'Veon Bell, JJ Watt or somebody. Thank God they got it right trading T Rich. But got it wrong in the draft. It will be different in April

    @opal312 said:

    Tiamat, do you read Zacheriah Sitchen?

    Bernie means West and Crowell. I'm not sold on West but we haven't seen enough of Crowell. With all our losing seasons and draft picks you'd think we'd have a Le'Veon Bell, JJ Watt or somebody. Thank God they got it right trading T Rich. But got it wrong in the draft. It will be different in April

    I can't tell if the bold is a pick up line?

    Also, aside from Manziel - I'd say Farmers first draft and following UDFA period were a complete home run.

  • @berniedenslow said:

    That's not me - sorry.

    Quit apologizing! Go to scout.com, you can say what you want without being scrutinized and called juvenile names.

    @opal312 said:

    Quit apologizing! Go to scout.com, you can say what you want without being scrutinized and called juvenile names.

    And why arent you there, Opal Winfrey?

    Z

  • And why didn't we get him?

    Because we never embraced him. He didn't want to be here because of our approach during draft day. Our organization is run by a bunch of morons.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10926184/teddy-bridgewater-says-want-play-cleveland-browns

    "Asked whether there was a possibility that he might have been picked by Cleveland, Bridgewater said: "There was a chance, but I actually told my agent that's not the place where I wanted to be. Throughout this entire process I felt comfortable with the Minnesota Vikings. Every visit that I had with the team, you know, there was a family environment and the players, great guys. A great group of guys. So I felt comfortable wanting to play here.""

  • You don't have to start a thread every time your Mom lets you play with her IPad.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    You don't have to start a thread every time your Mom lets you play with her IPad.

    Who died and made you God?

  • @berniedenslow said:

    Typed that sentence in a hurry - my error. I meant in relation to the two rookie RB's we have. They were playing well before the O-Line was struck - losing Mack was major. So I was actually refering to the running backs (rookies), accounting of course for the departure of Tate.

    They're rookies. Good line play and good RB play go hand in hand. Emmitt Smith isn't Emmitt without the Cowboys dominant Oline. Can't expect to be an effective runner with a NT in your lap while still in the backfield.

    @tiamat63 said:

    They're rookies. Good line play and good RB play go hand in hand. Emmitt Smith isn't Emmitt without the Cowboys dominant Oline. Can't expect to be an effective runner with a NT in your lap while still in the backfield.

    You think they'll pan out with a good O-line or we need to get a Gordon-type draft pick?

  • @berniedenslow said:

    That's not me - sorry.

    Quit apologizing! Go to scout.com, you can say what you want without being scrutinized and called juvenile names.

    @opal312 said:

    Quit apologizing! Go to scout.com, you can say what you want without being scrutinized and called juvenile names.

    Well, it's NOT me, but thanks anyway. This isn't my first dance on a sports forum, political forum, etc. I know some people know every-fuckin'-thing. No surprise.

  • And why didn't we get him?

    Because we never embraced him. He didn't want to be here because of our approach during draft day. Our organization is run by a bunch of morons.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10926184/teddy-bridgewater-says-want-play-cleveland-browns

    "Asked whether there was a possibility that he might have been picked by Cleveland, Bridgewater said: "There was a chance, but I actually told my agent that's not the place where I wanted to be. Throughout this entire process I felt comfortable with the Minnesota Vikings. Every visit that I had with the team, you know, there was a family environment and the players, great guys. A great group of guys. So I felt comfortable wanting to play here.""

    @masterdog said:

    And why didn't we get him?

    Because we never embraced him. He didn't want to be here because of our approach during draft day. Our organization is run by a bunch of morons.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10926184/teddy-bridgewater-says-want-play-cleveland-browns

    "Asked whether there was a possibility that he might have been picked by Cleveland, Bridgewater said: "There was a chance, but I actually told my agent that's not the place where I wanted to be. Throughout this entire process I felt comfortable with the Minnesota Vikings. Every visit that I had with the team, you know, there was a family environment and the players, great guys. A great group of guys. So I felt comfortable wanting to play here.""

    I was hoping one of my teams got him so at least he's a Viking. Thanks for the quote - never seen that one!

  • @berniedenslow said:

    That's my hope, and he WAS thrown to the dogs this year with a patched up team mostly. I kind of put him in the Hoyer-Manziel catagory "wondering what could have been" without all the injuries around them. One thing that's odd about following the Browns and the Vikings is how similiar their fates seem to match (injuries, records, bad luck).

    He's thrown for a few 300 yard games and anyone seen his completion % the past few games. He's gotten better as the season progresses.

    71.4% vs Panthers

    70.4% vs Jets

    75.6% vs Lions 😮 - It was the highest completion percentage in a game for a rookie quarterback with at least 40 attempts in NFL history.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2301187-teddy-bridgewater-vikings-right-on-track-with-developing-young-qb

    "From Week 9 on, Bridgewater has the third-best accuracy percentage under pressure out of 34 qualifying quarterbacks, per Pro Football Focus premium. He clearly has a knack for operating in the tight confines of a pocket and has even grown in that regard."

    @masterdog said:

    He's thrown for a few 300 yard games and anyone seen his completion % the past few games. He's gotten better as the season progresses.

    71.4% vs Panthers

    70.4% vs Jets

    75.6% vs Lions 😮 - It was the highest completion percentage in a game for a rookie quarterback with at least 40 attempts in NFL history.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2301187-teddy-bridgewater-vikings-right-on-track-with-developing-young-qb

    "From Week 9 on, Bridgewater has the third-best accuracy percentage under pressure out of 34 qualifying quarterbacks, per Pro Football Focus premium. He clearly has a knack for operating in the tight confines of a pocket and has even grown in that regard."

    Thanks for the info - I think he's going to get his head handed to him next week, but welcome to the NFL Bong!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    They're rookies. Good line play and good RB play go hand in hand. Emmitt Smith isn't Emmitt without the Cowboys dominant Oline. Can't expect to be an effective runner with a NT in your lap while still in the backfield.

    You think they'll pan out with a good O-line or we need to get a Gordon-type draft pick?

    @berniedenslow said:

    You think they'll pan out with a good O-line or we need to get a Gordon-type draft pick?

    They were great with a good O line. Why wouldn't they be next time?

    We had a gordon type pick a few years ago named Trent Richardson. Why do you think Gordon would do better than him, Crowell or West???

  • Oh good, more 'witty' nicknames, we were short on those.

    @gftchris said:

    Oh good, more 'witty' nicknames, we were short on those.

    How about Bridgeovertroubledwater?

    Too long? Too lame? Both?

  • How many here would put their vote of confidence in Browns owner Nimmy Hasbeen? Obviously the front office is a trainwreck - can he rehabilitate it? Nothing wrong with the coaching staff and the players when most of them aren't regulars to the Cleveland Clinic Emergency Room.

    Can Hasbeen make the right changes?

    @berniedenslow said:

    How many here would put their vote of confidence in Browns owner Nimmy Hasbeen? Obviously the front office is a trainwreck - can he rehabilitate it? Nothing wrong with the coaching staff and the players when most of them aren't regulars to the Cleveland Clinic Emergency Room.

    Can Hasbeen make the right changes?

    They use University Hospital now.

  • How many here would put their vote of confidence in Browns owner Nimmy Hasbeen? Obviously the front office is a trainwreck - can he rehabilitate it? Nothing wrong with the coaching staff and the players when most of them aren't regulars to the Cleveland Clinic Emergency Room.

    Can Hasbeen make the right changes?

    @berniedenslow said:

    Nothing wrong with the coaching staff and the players when most of them aren't regulars to the Cleveland Clinic Emergency Room.

    Can Hasbeen make the right changes?

    @berniedenslow said:

    but he IS ultimately responsible, which is why I'm asking.

    @berniedenslow said:

    The owner of a team isn't a factor? Is meaningless? How I wish that were true!

    So, my question to you is: What has changed in the FO between the time we were 6-3 and now?

    What could Haslem POSSIBLY have done to make us lose 4 out of the last 5?

  • @berniedenslow said:

    You think they'll pan out with a good O-line or we need to get a Gordon-type draft pick?

    They were great with a good O line. Why wouldn't they be next time?

    We had a gordon type pick a few years ago named Trent Richardson. Why do you think Gordon would do better than him, Crowell or West???

    @mudfly said:

    They were great with a good O line. Why wouldn't they be next time?

    We had a gordon type pick a few years ago named Trent Richardson. Why do you think Gordon would do better than him, Crowell or West???

    "Were" is the key word there. Hoping they can pan out and a good one isn't missed in the draft. My guess is they'll go after a stud O-Lineman first.