Connor Shaw
-
Come on play Connor Shaw, vote yes or no.
YES!
What say you?
-
YES!
*If Manziel blows again*
-
We'd have to hear more about Shaw's progress from the staff. We don't know where he is.
He's athletic,smart and rocked SC, but dink and dunk stuff, average arm, etc. He has the tools to be a good NFL QB, but there's a lot to develop which is why he went undrafted.
I have to say if Manziel shits the bed in an absolutely incredible fashion on Sunday (and I mean incredible, as in worse than bad - Daltonesque against us in game 1) then we'll probably go back to Hoyer week 17 over Shaw.
Hoyer is a guy we need to make a decision on in the off season, we still have Johnny and Shaw regardless. No reason to tryout another guy in week 17.
But again, I think we're fully committed to Johnny to finish these last 2 unless he gets hurt or shits the bed in an absolutely incredible fashion Sunday (which I don't expect, Panthers are a middle of the road defense) - then it's Brian not Shaw.
Let's groom Connor the old fashioned way, maybe it works out (I do remember his hail Mary TD in the pre season :-P).
I think Shaws potential ceiling is Alex Smith, athletic, smart, non-gunslinger). Maybe even a more athletic Brian. But he ain't there yet let's chill out peeps.
-
No.
But if it's another QB competition starting 2015, Shaw can be in the competition as far as I see it.
-
There won't be any starting guarantees, just open camp guarantee, which if Manziel shits the bed the last 2 he'd probably feel better about.Resigning Hoyer isn't an option. I think he's gone unless there's an under the table agreement to hand him the starting job for 2015.
I don't think any team is going to guarantee him a starting gig, just the same your job to take thing we can give him.
Houston probably his best bet, I can imagine O'Brien lobbying for either Hoyer or Mallet.
And Connor Shaw won't get the start this year unless both Hoyer and Manziel go down. Just can't see it.
And Connor Shaw won't get the start this year unless both Hoyer and Manziel go down. Just can't see it.
I cant see him playing this year either. We have to let JFF work through some adjustments and see how he responds.
I will say that IF it had been Shaw who started this past week and he played the exact same game that JFF did, then no one would dispute that he wasn't ready and looked absolutely terrible. Most would just say to put him back on the shelf.
He did get that one shot in preseason(right after JFF laid an egg) and he looked pretty good. Same game & players as JFF, but a much better performance. ....8-9 comp for a 155 rating, btw.
And hoyer stepped in cold last season and led a really bad team to 2 victories. Thats what back ups are supposed to do.
In the end, a lot of back up players find a way to seize the moment....others dont.
Ill be patient as long as I see something that says "professional QB".....to this point, I haven't seen anything like that.
-
No
-
And Connor Shaw won't get the start this year unless both Hoyer and Manziel go down. Just can't see it.
I cant see him playing this year either. We have to let JFF work through some adjustments and see how he responds.
I will say that IF it had been Shaw who started this past week and he played the exact same game that JFF did, then no one would dispute that he wasn't ready and looked absolutely terrible. Most would just say to put him back on the shelf.
He did get that one shot in preseason(right after JFF laid an egg) and he looked pretty good. Same game & players as JFF, but a much better performance. ....8-9 comp for a 155 rating, btw.
And hoyer stepped in cold last season and led a really bad team to 2 victories. Thats what back ups are supposed to do.
In the end, a lot of back up players find a way to seize the moment....others dont.
Ill be patient as long as I see something that says "professional QB".....to this point, I haven't seen anything like that.
I cant see him playing this year either. We have to let JFF work through some adjustments and see how he responds.
I will say that IF it had been Shaw who started this past week and he played the exact same game that JFF did, then no one would dispute that he wasn't ready and looked absolutely terrible. Most would just say to put him back on the shelf.
He did get that one shot in preseason(right after JFF laid an egg) and he looked pretty good. Same game & players as JFF, but a much better performance. ....8-9 comp for a 155 rating, btw.
And hoyer stepped in cold last season and led a really bad team to 2 victories. Thats what back ups are supposed to do.
In the end, a lot of back up players find a way to seize the moment....others dont.
Ill be patient as long as I see something that says "professional QB".....to this point, I haven't seen anything like that.
I appended my post to say I could see his top ceiling being Alex Smith like. Or a more athletic Brian Hoyer. Seems about right to me. Smart, quick, average arm. He should get a bit more time to develop.
Funny I looked up an old draft profile of Hoyer and it said a lot of what we've seen :-P. Inconsistent, foot work issues. I think he may have improved the foot work issues but regressed to old habits for whatever reason. Playing more scared since Mack went down maybe.
-
No
-
No.
-
Yes. I love qb carosels and rotating qbs at least once a year.
-
No
-
No. Come on folks you're already giving up on a guy after one game? Especially a game where absolutely no one showed up? Worst fans ever.
-
We'd have to hear more about Shaw's progress from the staff. We don't know where he is.
He's athletic,smart and rocked SC, but dink and dunk stuff, average arm, etc. He has the tools to be a good NFL QB, but there's a lot to develop which is why he went undrafted.
I have to say if Manziel shits the bed in an absolutely incredible fashion on Sunday (and I mean incredible, as in worse than bad - Daltonesque against us in game 1) then we'll probably go back to Hoyer week 17 over Shaw.
Hoyer is a guy we need to make a decision on in the off season, we still have Johnny and Shaw regardless. No reason to tryout another guy in week 17.
But again, I think we're fully committed to Johnny to finish these last 2 unless he gets hurt or shits the bed in an absolutely incredible fashion Sunday (which I don't expect, Panthers are a middle of the road defense) - then it's Brian not Shaw.
Let's groom Connor the old fashioned way, maybe it works out (I do remember his hail Mary TD in the pre season :-P).
I think Shaws potential ceiling is Alex Smith, athletic, smart, non-gunslinger). Maybe even a more athletic Brian. But he ain't there yet let's chill out peeps.
We'd have to hear more about Shaw's progress from the staff. We don't know where he is.
He's athletic,smart and rocked SC, but dink and dunk stuff, average arm, etc. He has the tools to be a good NFL QB, but there's a lot to develop which is why he went undrafted.
First, given that "the Staff said JM was "ready" do we really need their opinion to form ours?
Second, Dink and dunk sounds very West-Coastish to me, but I remember at least one pre-season, Shaw bomb. Hail Mary, maybe.
I cant see him playing this year either. We have to let JFF work through some adjustments and see how he responds.
I don't see why not. I certainly would not dismiss giving Shaw a look out of hand. Only thing is that I believe it would take a roster move to activate Shaw.
Funny I looked up an old draft profile of Hoyer and it said a lot of what we've seen :-P. Inconsistent, foot work issues. I think he may have improved the foot work issues but regressed to old habits for whatever reason. Playing more scared since Mack went down maybe.
Interesting angle...
I think reversion to old habits, to old "form" is almost always pressure induced. Hoyer held form after Mack went down for a while. As I remember events (not all that trustworthy) Brian started having more issues after the whole "BH won't stay, if JM is here" report. And there was even more "stuff" after that.
-
-
No. Give Manziel the last few games. I just hope we end up seeing some sort of break through in his play.
-
I am curious about how he's developing. I think his chances of being in the league five years from now are a lot better than Manziel.
-
It would really really surprise me. A lot
No matter how JFF plays.
Imagine what it says if they pulled Johnny after 2 games? Would they risk all that hooplah and craziness for a one game peek at Shaw? You think? Really?
It could be as simple as saying we want to give Connor some work. And fuck the hoopla... if this team is going to be run by mob rule, it will never amount to anything.
IF JM takes a pummeling at CAR even close to what he took vs. CIN, I would sit him and say "better luck next year, son, and by luck I mean work your ass off." Lay the poor performances on him or lay it on the other 52 men on the roster... whatever, but if you think Johnny-boy could possibly be damaged more by sitting at BLT than by a suckage trifecta, then we'll just have to disagree.
-
It would really really surprise me. A lot
No matter how JFF plays.
Imagine what it says if they pulled Johnny after 2 games? Would they risk all that hooplah and craziness for a one game peek at Shaw? You think? Really?
It could be as simple as saying we want to give Connor some work. And fuck the hoopla... if this team is going to be run by mob rule, it will never amount to anything.
IF JM takes a pummeling at CAR even close to what he took vs. CIN, I would sit him and say "better luck next year, son, and by luck I mean work your ass off." Lay the poor performances on him or lay it on the other 52 men on the roster... whatever, but if you think Johnny-boy could possibly be damaged more by sitting at BLT than by a suckage trifecta, then we'll just have to disagree.
fuck the hoopla... if this team is going to be run by mob rule, it will never amount to anything.
IF JM takes a pummeling at CAR even close to what he took vs. CIN, I would sit him and say "better luck next year, son, and by luck I mean work your ass off." .
Ok...I guess the noise really can't get any louder, can it?
And if JFF looks just as bad this week (is that even possible?????), then ok, why not?
As an aside, I just listened to his pressy and he said all the right things. Except he kept referencing "college" like all his fans do and I noticed he kept changing his words.....I think he is being coached NOT to mention college anymore.....
Like.... "Back at A & M...er....I mean, in the past, Ive had some bad games, but blah blah bah
or.... "When I was in college, er, um, I mean, prior to this weeks game, I blah blah blah....
I could be wrong, but thats how it sounded to me
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login