I think we should trade Gordon now while we can still get something for him
-
let's trade JT and haden now too.
you're an idiot.
-
Guess what.... other teams can see what we see....
Here's a guy who's had "almost" one good full season, out of 3 years in the league....
And, after sitting 10 weeks, has returned and done zip....including give effort....
And he also has multiple strikes against him, so will be banned if he does ONE more thing wrong...
Aint no one giving us a first or second round pick for him...no one.....
We just gotta ride this horse and hope he comes up big...again....someday....maybe....
-
Guess what.... other teams can see what we see....
Here's a guy who's had "almost" one good full season, out of 3 years in the league....
And, after sitting 10 weeks, has returned and done zip....including give effort....
And he also has multiple strikes against him, so will be banned if he does ONE more thing wrong...
Aint no one giving us a first or second round pick for him...no one.....
We just gotta ride this horse and hope he comes up big...again....someday....maybe....
Guess what.... other teams can see what we see....
Here's a guy who's had "almost" one good full season, out of 3 years in the league....
And, after sitting 10 weeks, has returned and done zip....including give effort....
And he also has multiple strikes against him, so will be banned if he does ONE more thing wrong...
Aint no one giving us a first or second round pick for him...no one.....
We just gotta ride this horse and hope he comes up big...again....someday....maybe....
Exactly. I didn't see any effort from Gordon the last few weeks. He's an accident waiting to happen.
-
He's barely a cap hit. Might as well ride it out through next year, we're not going to be able to get anything in a trade that is worth his potential production.
-
I was amazed how little the guy seems to care out there. It comes across so much more clearly when you watch him live. In warm-ups too, you can just tell he's loafing. It's a damn shame too cause he has the talent to be a top 2-3 guy in the league.
It's not worth trading for him though because no one will offer more than a 5th rounder for him. I'd rather roll the dice and hope for the best than get that kind of return.
-
When the Browns were 6-3 and first in the division with the prospect of Gordon playing soon things were looking very good. Gordon has been a huge disappointment. He got a huge break in being able to play at all this year and I just thought he would come back ready to play.
-
Trade him for Mike Evans and a 1st and 3rd rounder (the one we get from Jerry for taking JM off our hands). Retain JM Clone CS and sign Hoyer to a decent contract with performance incentives built in. With a better and healthier line I think BH could actually be "the one" who can actually win in Cleveland. Getting rid of JM will retain him and take away all that pressure.
-
Trade him for Mike Evans and a 1st and 3rd rounder (the one we get from Jerry for taking JM off our hands). Retain JM Clone CS and sign Hoyer to a decent contract with performance incentives built in. With a better and healthier line I think BH could actually be "the one" who can actually win in Cleveland. Getting rid of JM will retain him and take away all that pressure.
Trade him for Mike Evans and a 1st and 3rd rounder (the one we get from Jerry for taking JM off our hands). Retain JM Clone CS and sign Hoyer to a decent contract with performance incentives built in. With a better and healthier line I think BH could actually be "the one" who can actually win in Cleveland. Getting rid of JM will retain him and take away all that pressure.
I can't tell at this point if you're being sarcastic or serious. Either way, I'm for your all of your ideas presented here. Lol. Except we won't get Evans from TB.
A key part you mentioned here that I'd like to address, is that I've been thinking about Hoyer too, and have the same idea that with a really good team around him, he can succeed here. Except I have doubts that it'll work out to keep him here.
-
Trade him for Mike Evans and a 1st and 3rd rounder (the one we get from Jerry for taking JM off our hands). Retain JM Clone CS and sign Hoyer to a decent contract with performance incentives built in. With a better and healthier line I think BH could actually be "the one" who can actually win in Cleveland. Getting rid of JM will retain him and take away all that pressure.
I can't tell at this point if you're being sarcastic or serious. Either way, I'm for your all of your ideas presented here. Lol. Except we won't get Evans from TB.
A key part you mentioned here that I'd like to address, is that I've been thinking about Hoyer too, and have the same idea that with a really good team around him, he can succeed here. Except I have doubts that it'll work out to keep him here.
I can't tell at this point if you're being sarcastic or serious. Either way, I'm for your all of your ideas presented here. Lol. Except we won't get Evans from TB.
A key part you mentioned here that I'd like to address, is that I've been thinking about Hoyer too, and have the same idea that with a really good team around him, he can succeed here. Except I have doubts that it'll work out to keep him here.
Just a bit of both. It will take more than a 1st and a 3rd to get Evans from them. Might have to throw in Gilbert too since Desir is turning into gold. And I think Hoyer will stay if the Browns trade of JM. Regardless of the party line I don't think Hoyer wants him on the team.
-
I agree with comments about Josh Gordon and just dropping his ass. We need someone that cares, plain and simple. Being at Sunday's game, there were several times, when at the line, the guy stood there as if he had no clue about what his role was in the play. Then, either JFF or Hoyer had to tell him what to do before the snap by telling him to get off the line or be on the line, or stand closer to the Oline, and other BS. A few times he would be open, you could see the disdain in his body language when the ball was not thrown his way. I get that from a WR, but damn, off the ball, he's not trying to get separation if he's not #1.
-
gordon proved how good he was last year, he clearly is no where near being in football shape along with the fact he was not able to practice any plays in the playbook during his time off. It would be pure stupidity to part ways with him now. Especially with the crap play from the QB position this season
-
Guess what.... other teams can see what we see....
Here's a guy who's had "almost" one good full season, out of 3 years in the league....
And, after sitting 10 weeks, has returned and done zip....including give effort....
And he also has multiple strikes against him, so will be banned if he does ONE more thing wrong...
Aint no one giving us a first or second round pick for him...no one.....
We just gotta ride this horse and hope he comes up big...again....someday....maybe....
Guess what.... other teams can see what we see....
Good post... I've a couple thoughts to add that I've not seen here: Josh's route discipline and ability to read D's.
Other than bubble screens and crosses we've not seen any connections with him in 2014... not that I can recall anyway. What we have seen are balls on the ground followed by Josh and his QB looking annoyed and/or perplexed with the other simultaneously. A couple attributable to errant throws. A couple attributable to underwhelming speed of foot. But most simply due to not either not seeing the same D coverage or reacting the read coverage the same way.
Maybe Josh can't read coverage. Maybe he never could. Maybe under Patsy and Norv he was never asked to. We know Wheezy couldn't. We know Wheezy looked for open receivers and had an arm that could not be outrun. They hooked up on some bombs. They combined for a chunk of his league-leading yardage.
-
Also, we had to cut Charles Johnson to make roster space for JG.
Johnson is now Minn's #1.. would have looked nice in Brown.
-
Man, it's amazing how quickly people shit on players here... and how quickly they elevate them to god status...
-
let's trade JT and haden now too.
you're an idiot.
trade the druggie....you think this idiot is hanging out with guys like jerry rice so he can learn how to be a pro on and off the field...this guy is lazy and will probably get busted again...he has issues and it appears that he is not addressing them...how the fuck can you plan offseason knowing that at any moment the f.o might get a call that this asshole got busted again..jt and haden are hard working players...this jackass is not...
-
Man, it's amazing how quickly people shit on players here... and how quickly they elevate them to god status...
Man, it's amazing how quickly people shit on players here... and how quickly they elevate them to god status...
Fucking aye Woody.
WSS
-
Also, we had to cut Charles Johnson to make roster space for JG.
Johnson is now Minn's #1.. would have looked nice in Brown.
Yep. I thought that kid had a lot of potentialAlso, we had to cut Charles Johnson to make roster space for JG.
Johnson is now Minn's #1.. would have looked nice in Brown.
-
gordon proved how good he was last year, he clearly is no where near being in football shape along with the fact he was not able to practice any plays in the playbook during his time off. It would be pure stupidity to part ways with him now. Especially with the crap play from the QB position this season
gordon proved how good he was last year, he clearly is no where near being in football shape along with the fact he was not able to practice any plays in the playbook during his time off. It would be pure stupidity to part ways with him now. Especially with the crap play from the QB position this season
i don't know about that....when was crabtree injured for most of the season...not sure, might have been last yr...he didn't look too bad when he was back on the field..at least he wasn't throwing his hands up in the air when something went wrong. sure the qb position ended up on a downward spiral, but that was the f.o. friggin fault...they put hoyer in a micromanged postion where he had to be constantly looking over his shoulder knowing that in reality, this organization wants chonnie feeble to be in there playing...its typical moronic front ofc bullshit...its been a problem from 1999 to today dec 25, 2014.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login