Skip to content

Josh Gordon suspended....again

The Browns Board
78 37 4.0k
  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @everlastingxxx said:

    I think it was a mistake in starting Manziel. He clearly wasnt ready. Shaw isnt either btw. You can seriously ruin players like this. They should have known better. Thats why they get paid the big bucks. BTW, Hoyer cant play because of soreness? You are fucking kidding me?

    Coach Pettine himself admitted to making mistakes this season in his last press conference. I think its one thing to be a disciplinarian, but you have to create an infrastructure for these young players. I dont think there is one currently in place.

    I dont like players calling out players via the media. I dont think coaches should do it either. Handle it in-house. Example, Randle of the Cowboys, got arrested this season. The police video had him saying some derogatory things about Bryant and Brent. The players didnt call him out in the media. All of it was handled in-house. I think you create distrust when you do it via the media. Man up and talk to that person to their face.

    I think stopping the run is all about effort and determination. Cowboys held the Colts to 1 yard rushing last week. Cowboys have no pro-bowlers on defense, who on their front 7 would you want playing on the Browns? They hustle and fly to the ball. Browns i think at times decide to quit.

    Just my humble opinion.

    Well, your opinion on the defense is wrong,and your opinion on the quarterbacks is laughable.

    Nobody "quit". Our scheme was so terrific at taking away the pass from teams that they figured out ways to run on us and control games that way. We shut down virtually every QB we faced after the first couple games of the season. This is the first year of this scheme, it will be improved. There will be new personnel for the Browns up front next year. You have to remember that Karlos Dansby was having an all-pro type season before he was injured. Phil Taylor was our biggest difference maker up front and he has missed most of the season. Sheard missed a lot of time. Bryant missed a lot of time. Rubin missed a lot of time. Kitchen out injured. Our front seven was like a MASH unit all year. And you can't expect the talent to match your scheme in Year One. They got the pass defense right, and next year you can bet your ass they'll be working on the run defense. If half your defense is injured and your talent doesn't match your scheme other NFL staffs are going to exploit you.

    Please point out a player that quit on our defense. And please tell him to his face.

    As for Manziel, what the fuck were we supposed to do with him, carry two veterans QBs and let him take up a roster spot as a third string QB all year? If you are the backup QB eventually you are going to play, you have to be ready every week. You keep acting like we could have redshirtted him or something. And why are you doubting Hoyer's injuries? The guy can't throw a football. Shaw is the obvious choice to start, he has been running the offense all year. Undrafted free agents don't get "ruined" by starting an NFL game, it's the fucking opportunity of a lifetime.

    Zombo

  • B bringbackbrownie2 wrote on last edited by
    #57

    Everlasting, You can't seem to make up your mind on Manziel. First, you say he should have started the entire season and now you say the Browns ruined him for starting him too soon.. Whatever makes Manziel not look like a bust, right? Just put the blame on the Browns and go back to Texas. I can't wait for the Romo pick 6 that ends the cowboys season. After all, he loves to turn it over in big games..

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #58

    I agree Z man....getting a shot is never a bad thing. Lot'[s of people never get a shot, in all professions, be it NFL QB or head cook at the Waffel House.

    I like Connor Shaw. I hope he makes the most of things.

  • Funny thing is, he doesnt get credit for an accrued season now. Only a restricted free agent at the end of next year.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #59

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Funny thing is, he doesnt get credit for an accrued season now. Only a restricted free agent at the end of next year.

    This is the key to the story. This thing is going to blow up.

    There will be lawyers and unions and it will be ugly.

    It was a brilliant move by the Browns to suspend him.

    He wasn't engaged, he was hurting the team, he should not get credit for a accrued season.

    I like the way Farmer plays hardball. I also like that Pet and Farmer weren't afraid to call out Manziel and Gilbert.

    This team is all about accountability. I think we are finally headed in the right direction.

    Zombo

  • send gordon, west and manziel to the raiders for #5....they'll do it.....they make stupid draft decisions all the time too and they love assholish talented bad boys.....

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #60

    @manzier said:

    send gordon, west and manziel to the raiders for #5....they'll do it.....they make stupid draft decisions all the time too and they love assholish talented bad boys.....

    Interesting thought there. 🙂 I have to wonder how much more the Browns will put up with Gordon's BS. MHO is he just used up his last strike.His trade value isn't going to be much- say a 4th like what the Patriots gave up for Randy Moss. He's one bong hit away from a lifetime ban.

    Zombo said:

    As for Manziel, what the fuck were we supposed to do with him, carry two veterans QBs and let him take up a roster spot as a third string QB all year? If you are the backup QB eventually you are going to play, you have to be ready every week. You keep acting like we could have redshirtted him or something. And why are you doubting Hoyer's injuries? The guy can't throw a football. Shaw is the obvious choice to start, he has been running the offense all year. Undrafted free agents don't get "ruined" by starting an NFL game, it's the fucking opportunity of a lifetime.

    Zombo

    Regarding Manziel- you're one play away from being the starter, and you weren't taking it seriously enough? Oh yeah- you got out on the field against a team that actually game planned for you, and found out (like us old boogers on this board said you would all along) it's the next level kiddo- your college reputation doesn't mean jack shit when you're playing for a paycheck. Regarding Gilbert- another guy who thought he could get by on his sheer athleticism- and copped a shitty attitude. So now we know why he wasn't playing. Hey, I do like that Desir kid. I won't give a rat if he turns out better than Gilbert. That's what makes you a SB contender- finding those 4th and lower round gems.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree Z man....getting a shot is never a bad thing. Lot's of people never get a shot, in all professions, be it NFL QB or head cook at the Waffel House.

    I like Connor Shaw. I hope he makes the most of things.

    So do I 'Peen. he's the anti-Manziel by all accounts. He's playing for a roster spot next year. And don't take it to mean I'm throwing in the towel on Johnny Football after six quarters- he's a smart kid, but too bad he ignored the lessons Hoyer was showing him this year on how to be a pro.

  • B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #61

    @everlastingxxx said:

    I think it was a mistake in starting Manziel. He clearly wasnt ready. Shaw isnt either btw. You can seriously ruin players like this. They should have known better. Thats why they get paid the big bucks. BTW, Hoyer cant play because of soreness? You are fucking kidding me?

    Coach Pettine himself admitted to making mistakes this season in his last press conference. I think its one thing to be a disciplinarian, but you have to create an infrastructure for these young players. I dont think there is one currently in place.

    I dont like players calling out players via the media. I dont think coaches should do it either. Handle it in-house. Example, Randle of the Cowboys, got arrested this season. The police video had him saying some derogatory things about Bryant and Brent. The players didnt call him out in the media. All of it was handled in-house. I think you create distrust when you do it via the media. Man up and talk to that person to their face.

    I think stopping the run is all about effort and determination. Cowboys held the Colts to 1 yard rushing last week. Cowboys have no pro-bowlers on defense, who on their front 7 would you want playing on the Browns? They hustle and fly to the ball. Browns i think at times decide to quit.

    Just my humble opinion.

    still the same ol browns...

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #62

    and Manziel is in trouble with the Browns - he was late for

    a treatment for his hammy.

    I honestly think Gordon is really not smart. I'm really missing

    Garapollo bout now. And, please, send Gordon somewhere else to

    another team.

    I still think Gilbert will end up being fine next year.

    BTW, Farmer and Pettine are not going to make the same mistakes again.

    You can take that to the bank - on West, and Manziel.

    They didn't get Gordon, so that isn't on them.

  • H HoundDawg wrote on last edited by
    #63

    What a disappointment he has been this year. Cut him loose.

  • This franchise is laughable

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #64

    @baconhound said:

    This franchise is laughable

    you're laughable AND a dick.

    was it farmer and pettine that drafted this kid? uh, no.

    see what this team (FO team that is...) has done to 'their' guys haven't you?

    this is a GREAT fucking precedent. they are sending the message out to ANYONE/EVERYONE that if you can't pull your weight and be a team player no matter what your name is you might be riding pine beotch.

    as for you baconhound i'll slip you into the category of another little fucking whiner that sees a glimmer of hope and shits on it before any one else knows what it is.

  • Wow, when it rains...,

    Some serious considerations for this team as we move into the offseason. What looked stable is now seriously misaligned. If I'm Haslam, I would say let's get people here that want to be here and want to practice and play hard. If it takes one step back to move two steps forward, let's do it. We don't need players that see themselves as more important than the team itself. This is a blue collar town and we want players that represent the notion of playing like a Brown. Time to spend money on a few key FA's and then a good draft to complement. Gordon might be gone. JM and JG have one more year to prove themselves or they are gone as well.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @frenchie said:

    If I'm Haslam, I would say let's get people here that want to be here and want to practice and play hard.

    If Haslam has to say anything remotely like the above, then he hired the wrong folks.

    I do not think he hired the wrong folks.

    @everlastingxxx said:

    Seems like a team that is lacking leadership. Something is not right about this team. Rookies under performing, calling teammates out in the media, offense undisciplined, defense giving up and players missing meetings.

    Only thing sadder than posting an "I'm leaving thread" is posting one and then not leaving.

    Zombo said:

    (Gordon) wasn't engaged, he was hurting the team, he should not get credit for a accrued season.

    I like the way Farmer plays hardball. I also like that Pet and Farmer weren't afraid to call out Manziel and Gilbert.

    This team is all about accountability. I think we are finally headed in the right direction.

    Agree... 100%...

    Contrast the above with handing the keys to Wheezy... twice.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @everlastingxxx said:

    I don't get paid millions of dollars for my opinion. I don't have access to all the inside info. Manziel was not ready to play. That's the bottom line.

    How do I go back to Texas? I never left. Romo may very well throw a pick 6. Not sure what that has to do with the conversation.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @everlastingxxx said:

    ... and I'm not always sober. 😕

    Why didn't you say so in the first place? 🙂

  • BrownBoBB BrownBoB wrote on last edited by
    #68

    It's time to clean house. This is not working. The team is out of control and the head coach is in over his head. Can't u guys see that? Lets give him one more season? Why? We are going backwards not forward,

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #69

    7 wins is going forward over last year.

  • It's time to clean house. This is not working. The team is out of control and the head coach is in over his head. Can't u guys see that? Lets give him one more season? Why? We are going backwards not forward,

    W Why wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @brownbob said:

    It's time to clean house. This is not working. The team is out of control and the head coach is in over his head. Can't u guys see that? Lets give him one more season? Why? We are going backwards not forward,

    Yeah let's just keep the turnstile turning at the head coach position. That really has worked out quite well for us the last 15 years . . . Let's just keep doing that

  • It's time to clean house. This is not working. The team is out of control and the head coach is in over his head. Can't u guys see that? Lets give him one more season? Why? We are going backwards not forward,

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #71

    @brownbob said:

    It's time to clean house. This is not working. The team is out of control and the head coach is in over his head. Can't u guys see that? Lets give him one more season? Why? We are going backwards not forward,

    Stupidest post of the year candidate. Prior to injury Armageddon we were kicking ass. Overall we took strides forward for once in record and performance on several fronts. We have three stooges no coach can control. Should he have locked them in a closet?? Focus your anger on the fucktards not the coach. We need to stick with Pettine at least me more year. Who in their right mind do you think would take the head coaching job here if they were following two one and outs??
  • TopDawg31T TopDawg31 wrote on last edited by
    #72

    Who cares anymore, please lock this thread and throw it away

  • It's time to clean house. This is not working. The team is out of control and the head coach is in over his head. Can't u guys see that? Lets give him one more season? Why? We are going backwards not forward,

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @brownbob said:

    It's time to clean house. This is not working. The team is out of control and the head coach is in over his head. Can't u guys see that? Lets give him one more season? Why? We are going backwards not forward,

    Yeah- because firing a coach every year has worked out so well. It's moot- because Haslam already said Mike is staying- for sure.

    So let's follow your derailed train of thought. If Haslam did fire Pettine, who in the hell would ever want to come here and coach? Maybe someone from the CFL or D II college football- that would be about it. You wouldn't get anyone better than the current coaching staff that would touch the Browns job- for any amount of money.

  • Gordon might be legitimately Retarded.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Gordon might be legitimately Retarded.

    Oh most definitely. There's some kind of disability going on here. Some kind of hybrid short/long term memory problem. Or some filter in his brain that isn't up to speed catching the self destructive shit. We all have self destructive habits and we all have to deal with them throughout life, but most of us would cut that shit out on a dime given that kind of money on the table. For example...if I was offered millions of dollars to do something I could do well but had to give up watching online porn, please believe this fucking computer would get chucked out of the window with quickness that would astound. I would completely digitally cut myself off, no smart phone no nothing....I can watch all the porn I want when I retire. I don't see what these guys problem is I really don't. YOu have such a short window to make the kind of money that means you don't have to be a gym teacher somewhere to make ends meet when you're 50.

  • send gordon, west and manziel to the raiders for #5....they'll do it.....they make stupid draft decisions all the time too and they love assholish talented bad boys.....

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @manzier said:

    send gordon, west and manziel to the raiders for #5....they'll do it.....they make stupid draft decisions all the time too and they love assholish talented bad boys.....

    That's actually an intriguing idea if I didn't think Farmer would immediately package up all our picks for the 1st and take Mariota. THAT I do not want under any circumstances good god. I wouldn't mind sticking at #5 though, they'll be some good DL and DE's in this draft, we can use our other two 1st rounders on an OL and a LB'er. IF the guys we want are gone though I wouldn't mind trading out of the 1st entirely this year so we have ammo to make a run at Bosa a year later.