Skip to content

Joe Thomas calls teammates "middle school kids"

The Browns Board
42 22 2.5k
  • @dawgpound101 said:

    this article was back in July. Joe is singing a different song now

    Well wasn't it just recently he said he thought Johnny had the talent to play in the NFL?

    WSS

    dawgpound101D dawgpound101 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @westside-steve said:

    Well wasn't it just recently he said he thought Johnny had the talent to play in the NFL?

    WSS

    Hard work beats talent, when talent does not work hard....

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Can we get rid of these players to other teams so some fucking posters can go and be on other boards and post their moronic comments.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #16

    I think it started in Coach Sam's day but the Browns had a program called Inner Circle. It was for players with growing pains and involved vets mentoring as well as counselling players that had off field issues....drinking, drugs, partying too much and general assholiness. Maybe starting something similar would be a good idea?

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #17

    As far as Pettine commenting on JF today. I think he took the bullet for the higher ups there. He started the kid because he had to and then took the heat for it. I like the guy and think he will be around for quite some time

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #18

    yeah fuck all this talk about pettine, I want him as HC for a very long time. If only for the fact that he looks sweet on our sidelines. Like a Rob Ryan kind of presence just not as demonstrative obviously. Nor as fat.

  • Rooster DickR Rooster Dick wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Hey Joe, thanks for all the false starts this season. Killed many drives

  • Hey Joe, thanks for all the false starts this season. Killed many drives

    dawgpound101D dawgpound101 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @rooster-dick said:

    Hey Joe, thanks for all the false starts this season. Killed many drives

    Really? really? are we really blaming lost games on Joe? how about umm..lets see umm, dropped balls, bad reads, bad throws, no run game after Mack went down (mostly), Gilbert's more wiffs than tips when he was on the field, Gibson being lost (lead the league in picks up to that point), K'waun Williams going down (playing lights out), starting NT's out for a big chunk of the season, four starting Centers, Miles getting hurt, Cameron hurt off and on all year, damn I think you just might be right on this one.

  • Hey Joe, thanks for all the false starts this season. Killed many drives

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @rooster-dick said:

    Hey Joe, thanks for all the false starts this season. Killed many drives

    so true, we would have had homefield the whole playoffs without those false starts. Fuck Joe Thomas.

  • Hey Joe, thanks for all the false starts this season. Killed many drives

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #22

    @rooster-dick said:

    Hey Joe, thanks for all the false starts this season. Killed many drives

    Thank god nobody listens to a roosters dick. I will admit being surprised that bullshit comes out of a rooster dick. Wrong animal and wrong organ, wierd.....
  • @kvoethe said:

    The finger pointing begins....way to lead a team Pettine!!! This would never happen in a Belicheat team. Haslem can stfu also and just sign paychecks with stolen rebate money. Pettine lost the team the last month, pressured by the media circus that is the new Cleveland Browns.

    Pettine certainly appears as if he doesn't have a clue

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tacosman said:

    Pettine certainly appears as if he doesn't have a clue

    I actually thought he was going to break out crying at the press conference yesterday.

  • Joe doesn't say much...so that carries some weight...

    So thats Joe, Dansby and Whitner speaking out.....a lot of years of experience talking there

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #24

    @mudfly said:

    Joe doesn't say much...so that carries some weight...

    Yup... and being reluctant when he does adds even more.

    @miktoxic said:

    agree. i don't get the people that think pettine is some slouch that doesn't care.

    they must think pettine alone has the type of authority to cut someone, which we all know isn't true. all he could do was suspend people and he did that.

    enough with the pettine being soft on guys.

    Yup... best he can do solo is deactivate, which he did repeatedly. If anything, the accountability Pet has imposed, often in concert with Farmer, has been a rude awakening for players... mostly rookies, but also a couple vets, e.g., Tate and JG.

    Beyond that it has emboldened the team's vets to step up and say what they are saying. If they were not green-lighted by Pet to open up, to get vocal before they did so, you can damn sure bet that they got the message when Pet endorsed the call-outs in his presser after they started.

    @dawg2fan said:

    I actually thought he was going to break out crying at the press conference yesterday.

    Is there a limbo contest going on?

  • Rooster DickR Rooster Dick wrote on last edited by
    #25

    You guys can babble all you want. I watched every single game, and he caused a lot of drives to be ruined. I never put sole blame on JUST HIM. Obvious you idiots get bent out of shape too easily. I just see no reason for Joe to call anyone else out when he played like complete garbage this season.

  • You guys can babble all you want. I watched every single game, and he caused a lot of drives to be ruined. I never put sole blame on JUST HIM. Obvious you idiots get bent out of shape too easily. I just see no reason for Joe to call anyone else out when he played like complete garbage this season.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @rooster-dick said:

    he caused a lot of drives to be ruined. I never put sole blame on JUST HIM. ............................. I just see no reason for Joe to call anyone else out when he played like complete garbage this season.

    Caused a lot of drives to be ruined, but you dont blame him??.......uh, I think you just did, actually......

    And I think he called the players out on their professionalism and work ethic, which(as a veteran) he has every right to do and has nothing to do with whether he got a penalty or not.

    And to say he played like "complete garbage" because he got a few penalties just shows you're just an idiot.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #27

    Oh well, Joe's always good for a sound bite.

    No matter whose ox you wish to gore.

    WSS

  • Oh well, Joe's always good for a sound bite.

    No matter whose ox you wish to gore.

    WSS

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @westside-steve said:

    Oh well, Joe's always good for a sound bite.

    And, usually, a fairly eloquent sound bite at that......

  • @rooster-dick said:

    he caused a lot of drives to be ruined. I never put sole blame on JUST HIM. ............................. I just see no reason for Joe to call anyone else out when he played like complete garbage this season.

    Caused a lot of drives to be ruined, but you dont blame him??.......uh, I think you just did, actually......

    And I think he called the players out on their professionalism and work ethic, which(as a veteran) he has every right to do and has nothing to do with whether he got a penalty or not.

    And to say he played like "complete garbage" because he got a few penalties just shows you're just an idiot.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Joe's a terrible soundbite guy. Look how they had to manufacture this headline...

    @mudfly said:

    And to say he played like "complete garbage" because he got a few penalties just shows you're just an idiot.

    Actually resorting to calling "idiot" shows who is an idiot... I guess maybe now I am one as well.

    Joe's game declined in the last 1/4 of the season... no doubt about it. But he was near flawless 2014's first half and nearly near flawless its third quarter.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #30

    I will have to do more research than I care to but I'd be willing to bet that references to wanting to suck the dick of a player you support outweighs the use of the word idiot.

    (in general)

    WSS

  • You guys can babble all you want. I watched every single game, and he caused a lot of drives to be ruined. I never put sole blame on JUST HIM. Obvious you idiots get bent out of shape too easily. I just see no reason for Joe to call anyone else out when he played like complete garbage this season.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @rooster-dick said:

    Obvious you idiots get bent out of shape too easily.

    @mudfly said:

    And to say he played like "complete garbage" because he got a few penalties just shows you're just an idiot.

    @tour2ma said:

    Actually resorting to calling "idiot" shows who is an idiot... I guess maybe now I am one as well.

    This whole chain is idiotic...

    Besides, I never resort to name calling.....I only reciprocate......

  • Joe's a terrible soundbite guy. Look how they had to manufacture this headline...

    @mudfly said:

    And to say he played like "complete garbage" because he got a few penalties just shows you're just an idiot.

    Actually resorting to calling "idiot" shows who is an idiot... I guess maybe now I am one as well.

    Joe's game declined in the last 1/4 of the season... no doubt about it. But he was near flawless 2014's first half and nearly near flawless its third quarter.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222
    #32

    @tour2ma said:

    Joe's a terrible soundbite guy. Look how they had to manufacture this headline...

    Actually resorting to calling "idiot" shows who is an idiot... I guess maybe now I am one as well.

    Joe's game declined in the last 1/4 of the season... no doubt about it. But he was near flawless 2014's first half and nearly near flawless its third quarter.

    I am guessing that there are a lot of teams out there who would be glad to take Joe off our hands. Frankly if we don't get our shit together as a team I hope he does get to go elsewhere. The guy has worked his ass off and deserves a chance at a ring.

    That is not a shot at you Tour , in general your assessments of O line play are spot on. I just wonder how much the loss of Mack impacted the play of Joe and the line in general. I think it was a large factor.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Joe's a terrible soundbite guy. Look how they had to manufacture this headline...

    Actually resorting to calling "idiot" shows who is an idiot... I guess maybe now I am one as well.

    Joe's game declined in the last 1/4 of the season... no doubt about it. But he was near flawless 2014's first half and nearly near flawless its third quarter.

    I am guessing that there are a lot of teams out there who would be glad to take Joe off our hands. Frankly if we don't get our shit together as a team I hope he does get to go elsewhere. The guy has worked his ass off and deserves a chance at a ring.

    That is not a shot at you Tour , in general your assessments of O line play are spot on. I just wonder how much the loss of Mack impacted the play of Joe and the line in general. I think it was a large factor.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @jcam222 said:

    I am guessing that there are a lot of teams out there who would be glad to take Joe off our hands. Frankly if we don't get our shit together as a team I hope he does get to go elsewhere. The guy has worked his ass off and deserves a chance at a ring.

    That is not a shot at you Tour , in general your assessments of O line play are spot on. I just wonder how much the loss of Mack impacted the play of Joe and the line in general. I think it was a large factor.

    Shot? If anything there is a shot... I'll take a dozen.

    As for Mack going down...

    Hard to finger an impact on Joe other than the mental drain of seeing run after run fail due to missed blocks by our Center.

    Ditto-ish for Mitchell, although I think he got somewhat less help from Greco than he otherwise might have in pass protection.

    Impacts on Bito and Greco were easiest to see. The smooth ZBS hand-offs they took for granted from Mack were seldom replicated by Mack's replacements.