Skip to content

Free Agency

The Browns Board
108 32 4.1k
  • @tour2ma said:

    The Niners are over the cap as of now... makes their signing Iupati a matter of priorities.

    The Packers are far more likely to be able to keep Bulaga.

    Better worry about your Steelers... with only $4.4MM in cap space Taylor looks to be gone and signing Worilds is going to be a problem.

    Taylor is gone period. I also don't believe we will resign worilds. I can see Troy retiring. I'm not worried about the Steelers. We are always close to the cap and Kahn always makes it work.

    @vagitron said:

    Taylor is gone period. I also don't believe we will resign worilds. I can see Troy retiring. I'm not worried about the Steelers. We are always close to the cap and Kahn always makes it work.

    The thing that makes the Steelers work are LeBeau and Roethlisberger. Everything else is just window dressing.

  • we just signed 9 free agents. two kickers included

  • we just signed 9 free agents. two kickers included

    @lbc-mike said:

    we just signed 9 free agents. two kickers included

    Where did you read that? Interested in seeing who they picked up.

  • yard barker.com

  • I draft best 2 lineman in draft then get really aggressive in FA. i. e. Julius Thomas TE and D. Thomas WR. Draft smart and buy ready to go talent.

    @cdl15 said:

    I draft best 2 lineman in draft then get really aggressive in FA. i. e. Julius Thomas TE and D. Thomas WR. Draft smart and buy ready to go talent.

    The problem with signing any of Manning's receivers is that their pay grade will be determined by what the did with an elite QB. Without a comparable talent at the QB position, they won't be able to play up to their contract.

    Whoever signs these guys either need to have a franchise QB in place or be willing to accept that they're overpaying.

  • @vagitron said:

    Taylor is gone period. I also don't believe we will resign worilds. I can see Troy retiring. I'm not worried about the Steelers. We are always close to the cap and Kahn always makes it work.

    The thing that makes the Steelers work are LeBeau and Roethlisberger. Everything else is just window dressing.

    @the-gipper said:

    The thing that makes the Steelers work are LeBeau and Roethlisberger. Everything else is just window dressing.

    I hate the Steelers but Antonio Brown is a star.

    LaVeon Bell is a star.

    Troy Palomalu had a hall of fame career.

    James Harrison was an animal.

    The list goes on, The Steelers draft GREAT and it's why they have kicked ass for a while.

  • If Worilds comes free and we stay in the 3-4, we should absolutely nab him.

  • Sheard was a guy I really liked when we drafted him and Ive felt all along that he's out of position in this defense and at LB.....

    If I had a 4-3, then Id sign him and put him back at DE, where I think he'd be very productive...

    @mudfly said:

    Sheard was a guy I really liked when we drafted him and Ive felt all along that he's out of position in this defense and at LB.....

    If I had a 4-3, then Id sign him and put him back at DE, where I think he'd be very productive...

    which is why I kind of wish we went back to a 4-3.

  • @cdl15 said:

    I draft best 2 lineman in draft then get really aggressive in FA. i. e. Julius Thomas TE and D. Thomas WR. Draft smart and buy ready to go talent.

    The problem with signing any of Manning's receivers is that their pay grade will be determined by what the did with an elite QB. Without a comparable talent at the QB position, they won't be able to play up to their contract.

    Whoever signs these guys either need to have a franchise QB in place or be willing to accept that they're overpaying.

    @roycerolls said:

    The problem with signing any of Manning's receivers is that their pay grade will be determined by what the did with an elite QB. Without a comparable talent at the QB position, they won't be able to play up to their contract.

    Whoever signs these guys either need to have a franchise QB in place or be willing to accept that they're overpaying.

    Its a mutual relationship, a QB has to be able to get the ball to his WR's. That said, if you give either Thomas on Denver squad a remotely capable QB, both will produce. Mainly Demarius.

    I think Julius doesn't like some of the physical play that can be associated with an inline TE.

  • The Browns need RANDALL COBB !

    And draft a fast, dyanamic wr with one of the first two picks.

  • @mudfly said:

    Sheard was a guy I really liked when we drafted him and Ive felt all along that he's out of position in this defense and at LB.....

    If I had a 4-3, then Id sign him and put him back at DE, where I think he'd be very productive...

    which is why I kind of wish we went back to a 4-3.

    @clevfan4life said:

    which is why I kind of wish we went back to a 4-3.

    We suck at the 3-4 because we never draft the front 7 for it.

    You need good linebackers and DL and we never have them. We get ran on all the time.

    I really wish we would revert back to the 4-3 but it will never happen

  • Baltimore's D has been under the league avg rush YPA every year of its existence.

    First round should be OL, DL. Second round LB.

  • I'm completely onboard with signing Mike Iupati; seen him play enough times to know he'll be worth whatever we (try to) sign him to.

  • @vagitron said:

    Taylor is gone period. I also don't believe we will resign worilds. I can see Troy retiring. I'm not worried about the Steelers. We are always close to the cap and Kahn always makes it work.

    The thing that makes the Steelers work are LeBeau and Roethlisberger. Everything else is just window dressing.

    @the-gipper said:

    The thing that makes the Steelers work are LeBeau and Roethlisberger. Everything else is just window dressing.

    Nah- Walter has it more objectively.

    @walterwhite said:

    I hate the Steelers but Antonio Brown is a star. Pro Bowl

    LaVeon Bell is a star. Pro Bowl

    Troy Palomalu had a hall of fame career.

    James Harrison was an animal. Suddenly found the Fountain of Youth back in Steel City, or a big stash of HGH-

    The list goes on, The Steelers draft GREAT and it's why they have kicked ass for a while.

  • The Steelers have had their great hits in the draft, and great misses. But over time, their hits have taken

    the squeelers to the playoffs, and other players were enabled to be able to succeed far more than

    they otherwise may have. So much so, they started getting it right.

    And, since I hate them, the steelers draft cheap shot artists like Pollyisfullapupu, and Harrison, Von Cheapshotten, and others.

    Didn't hear all that much from Harrison when he left. That's why he wanted to come back so badly.

    HINT: The squeelers couldn't cheapshot their way to the superbowl this time, and they lost. And the refs

    didn't help them at key times, and they LOST.

    HINT: The lions lost. All that defense (cheap shot Suh, and a few others), all that talent on offense....

    Lost.

    It isn't all that easy, and the Browns in the past, have drafted nitwillies who should not have been drafted.

    that isn't the case now so much, it just isn't easy. Now, the Browns have a philosopy, and a plan.

    Did I mention that the steelers are eggsucking, three river, scum-licking larvae?

    They also draft, as much as possible, players with speed, and a love for the game.

    The Browns have drafted guys who looked good in college, and on paper. Like Braylon Edwards.

    And Junkin, etc etc etc.

    It made a huge difference in the long run. And with their passing game to the wr's who are very, very fast,

    and quick and SMART... any rb has a far, far better ability to run against zero eight man fronts.

    Worst picks
    Alonzo Jackson, DE, Florida State: Second-round pick in 2003 couldn't make the transition to outside linebacker and lasted just two seasons with the Steelers.
    Bruce Davis, DE, UCLA: Third-round pick in 2008, Davis played just one season for the Steelers and didn't record a tackle.
    Ricardo Colclough, CB, Tusculum: Didn't start a game or make an interception in four seasons with the Steelers, who traded up to take him in the second round in 2004.
    Willie Reid, WR/RS, Florida State: Never showed the explosiveness he did as a return man in college, and Steelers released the 2006 third-round pick after two seasons.
    Anthony Smith, S, Syracuse: Looked like a future star after a strong rookie campaign in 2006, but Steelers didn't try to re-sign
    former third-round pick after 2008 season.
    Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook
  • @clevfan4life said:

    which is why I kind of wish we went back to a 4-3.

    We suck at the 3-4 because we never draft the front 7 for it.

    You need good linebackers and DL and we never have them. We get ran on all the time.

    I really wish we would revert back to the 4-3 but it will never happen

    @walterwhite said:

    We suck at the 3-4 because we never draft the front 7 for it.

    You need good linebackers and DL and we never have them. We get ran on all the time.

    I really wish we would revert back to the 4-3 but it will never happen

    well to be fair this is mostly Shurms 4-3 front 7 isn't it? In any case, I agree I think we'd be better back in the 4-3. If Sheard is retained put 15 lbs back on him, put 10 or so back on Kruger and let them be athletic powerful DE's in a 4-3. We need to get LB'ers like Levy and Bynes though. Those are the guys that make Detroits 4-3 work. I think we could have a comparable DL to Detroit with actually better rotation through it, but we need the right LB'ers to run behind it and right now I don't know that we do. If we had played 4-3 this year look at just what our DE rotation would have been....Kruger/Sheard/Armonty/Desmond with Mingo coming in on long downs. Winn could also have moved out to DE for spot duty. As it was our two OLB'ers were overplayed and it cut into both their production and put more wear and tear on them than we should have.

  • Ryan Mallett interests me I must admit.

    @londonbrown said:

    Ryan Mallett interests me I must admit.

    I'd give him, or Locker (if he's available) a shot in FA. Not interested in the younger version of Hoyer (Kirk Cousins)

    Barring that - and knowing Johnny Sucks why not retain Hoyer. We know what he is.

  • i say let's get suh

  • March 3rd is the date by which teams have to place any tags on players who haven't been signed by that point. Then and only then will we know who we might be able to sign. March 7th is the date that teams can start talking to free agents, and the 10th is the kick-off date when teams can start signing players.

    I see lots of names being thrown around that will never make to to the free market, and many who do will get tagged.

  • i say let's get suh

    @lbc-mike said:

    i say let's get suh

    For once you and I agree on something (if we can afford him without breaking the cap so badly that he becomes our only decent player).

    I think he is so dominant that with the rest of this D team in place we would not need an all-star QB to win in Cleveland consistently.