Skip to content

2015 QB Draft Watch

The Browns Board
136 32 4.6k
  • I like Connor Cook

  • I really like Rakeem Cato.

    He has complete control of that offense. He audibles, he calls coverages, he goes through full field progressions.

    He's efficient, seemingly has above average football intelligence, and he is very capable athletically.

    I think, with some time, he could become a capable starter in the NFL, regardless of his size.

    Tour, I'd love to know what you think about Cato as a late round guy.

  • I really like Rakeem Cato.

    He has complete control of that offense. He audibles, he calls coverages, he goes through full field progressions.

    He's efficient, seemingly has above average football intelligence, and he is very capable athletically.

    I think, with some time, he could become a capable starter in the NFL, regardless of his size.

    Tour, I'd love to know what you think about Cato as a late round guy.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I really like Rakeem Cato.

    He has complete control of that offense. He audibles, he calls coverages, he goes through full field progressions.

    He's efficient, seemingly has above average football intelligence, and he is very capable athletically.

    I think, with some time, he could become a capable starter in the NFL, regardless of his size.

    Tour, I'd love to know what you think about Cato as a late round guy.

    I have seen him live at every home game this year. Cato has limited arm strength which may be remedied if he can clean up his mechanics (ex: can get in a habit of not stepping into throws and they go everywhere). He is also below 6ft and well under 200 pounds. I am a diehard Marshall fan and I don't think he has a future in the pros at all.

  • I was pretty meh oh Mariota but wow did he impress me at the Rose Bowl today. The one thing I wasn't sure about with him was the running aspect, but he's so smart about it clearly. He has natural ability to extend plays but never keeps his eyes off of down field which is a rare trait. Tampa is a no brainer to take him.

  • I was pretty meh oh Mariota but wow did he impress me at the Rose Bowl today. The one thing I wasn't sure about with him was the running aspect, but he's so smart about it clearly. He has natural ability to extend plays but never keeps his eyes off of down field which is a rare trait. Tampa is a no brainer to take him.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I was pretty meh oh Mariota but wow did he impress me at the Rose Bowl today. The one thing I wasn't sure about with him was the running aspect, but he's so smart about it clearly. He has natural ability to extend plays but never keeps his eyes off of down field which is a rare trait. Tampa is a no brainer to take him.

    He played lights out. Pass first but used his legs when needed. Avoided sacks. Nice accuracy.

    My only worry is that he's in a gimmicky offense. But he does have the skills that you want in an NFL qb.

  • The two guys in the Rose Bowl don't impress me much so far as Top Two picks.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    The two guys in the Rose Bowl don't impress me much so far as Top Two picks.

    My thoughts exactly...

    @bbedward said:

    I like Connor Cook

    Everytime I see him I run hot and cold... all in the same game. The "Whatever" Bowl game vs. Baylor was no different.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Tour, I'd love to know what you think about Cato as a late round guy.

    Will do... but it'll be a while.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I was pretty meh oh Mariota but wow did he impress me at the Rose Bowl today.

    Pretty much same here... except wasn't impressed so it's where I still am. I see a QB with good NFL potential, but not an overall #1.

    I really want to see him vs. Buckeyes come Monday week.

  • The two guys in the Rose Bowl don't impress me much so far as Top Two picks.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    The two guys in the Rose Bowl don't impress me much so far as Top Two picks.

    Z

    Same here.

    The only conclusion I came up with was Mariota > Winston.

  • I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.

  • Could go with a known name......guess who is eligible for the draft now? Nick Montana.....son of Joe. He will 99% be a UDFA.

  • Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

  • Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

    And he's fucking huge. Plus you know he can play in the cold weather.

  • I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

  • Zombo said:

    The two guys in the Rose Bowl don't impress me much so far as Top Two picks.

    My thoughts exactly...

    @bbedward said:

    I like Connor Cook

    Everytime I see him I run hot and cold... all in the same game. The "Whatever" Bowl game vs. Baylor was no different.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Tour, I'd love to know what you think about Cato as a late round guy.

    Will do... but it'll be a while.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I was pretty meh oh Mariota but wow did he impress me at the Rose Bowl today.

    Pretty much same here... except wasn't impressed so it's where I still am. I see a QB with good NFL potential, but not an overall #1.

    I really want to see him vs. Buckeyes come Monday week.

    @tour2ma said:

    My thoughts exactly...

    Everytime I see him I run hot and cold... all in the same game. The "Whatever" Bowl game vs. Baylor was no different.

    Will do... but it'll be a while.

    Pretty much same here... except wasn't impressed so it's where I still am. I see a QB with good NFL potential, but not an overall #1.

    I really want to see him vs. Buckeyes come Monday week.

    Yeah the Buckeyes will be a better test that's for sure. I think he's the clear cut best QB in this class and the one position you gotta reach for is QB. I saw a dude though that could be really good.

  • I dont know about Cardale being NFL caliber, but that freshman punting for Alabama is a game changer....WOW!

  • I dont know about Cardale being NFL caliber, but that freshman punting for Alabama is a game changer....WOW!

    @mudfly said:

    I dont know about Cardale being NFL caliber, but that freshman punting for Alabama is a game changer....WOW!

    I was watching the game with one of my friends, and we both had perplexed looks on our faces when the commentator described him as a "tall drink of water". We laughed and joked about that the rest of the game.

  • HA!...I caught that too...made me go hmmmm..

  • I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

    I think, at best, he becomes a Jason Campbell.

  • Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

    The punter was awesome... shades of Ray Guy.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

    Agree, but Jones surveyed a lot of territory fairly unconcerned about his surroundings.

    Not sure there's an NFL QB in OSU's trio, but have a feeling that if there is one, then it's Barrett.

  • I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

    He reminds me of Byron Leftwich. Size/Build/Speed/Black. A decent pro. Not top notch but capable.

  • I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.

    You find a lot of very QB friendly systems in college. At OSU too. Lots of shotgun, lots of quick read plays, etc. Stuff that doesn't work against an NFL defense.

    Becomes a whole different ball game in the NFL, which hits many of these rookies as hard as the Coors light train.