Skip to content

2015 QB Draft Watch

The Browns Board
136 32 4.6k
  • The two guys in the Rose Bowl don't impress me much so far as Top Two picks.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    The two guys in the Rose Bowl don't impress me much so far as Top Two picks.

    My thoughts exactly...

    @bbedward said:

    I like Connor Cook

    Everytime I see him I run hot and cold... all in the same game. The "Whatever" Bowl game vs. Baylor was no different.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Tour, I'd love to know what you think about Cato as a late round guy.

    Will do... but it'll be a while.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I was pretty meh oh Mariota but wow did he impress me at the Rose Bowl today.

    Pretty much same here... except wasn't impressed so it's where I still am. I see a QB with good NFL potential, but not an overall #1.

    I really want to see him vs. Buckeyes come Monday week.

  • The two guys in the Rose Bowl don't impress me much so far as Top Two picks.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    The two guys in the Rose Bowl don't impress me much so far as Top Two picks.

    Z

    Same here.

    The only conclusion I came up with was Mariota > Winston.

  • I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.

  • Could go with a known name......guess who is eligible for the draft now? Nick Montana.....son of Joe. He will 99% be a UDFA.

  • Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

  • Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

    And he's fucking huge. Plus you know he can play in the cold weather.

  • I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

  • Zombo said:

    The two guys in the Rose Bowl don't impress me much so far as Top Two picks.

    My thoughts exactly...

    @bbedward said:

    I like Connor Cook

    Everytime I see him I run hot and cold... all in the same game. The "Whatever" Bowl game vs. Baylor was no different.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Tour, I'd love to know what you think about Cato as a late round guy.

    Will do... but it'll be a while.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I was pretty meh oh Mariota but wow did he impress me at the Rose Bowl today.

    Pretty much same here... except wasn't impressed so it's where I still am. I see a QB with good NFL potential, but not an overall #1.

    I really want to see him vs. Buckeyes come Monday week.

    @tour2ma said:

    My thoughts exactly...

    Everytime I see him I run hot and cold... all in the same game. The "Whatever" Bowl game vs. Baylor was no different.

    Will do... but it'll be a while.

    Pretty much same here... except wasn't impressed so it's where I still am. I see a QB with good NFL potential, but not an overall #1.

    I really want to see him vs. Buckeyes come Monday week.

    Yeah the Buckeyes will be a better test that's for sure. I think he's the clear cut best QB in this class and the one position you gotta reach for is QB. I saw a dude though that could be really good.

  • I dont know about Cardale being NFL caliber, but that freshman punting for Alabama is a game changer....WOW!

  • I dont know about Cardale being NFL caliber, but that freshman punting for Alabama is a game changer....WOW!

    @mudfly said:

    I dont know about Cardale being NFL caliber, but that freshman punting for Alabama is a game changer....WOW!

    I was watching the game with one of my friends, and we both had perplexed looks on our faces when the commentator described him as a "tall drink of water". We laughed and joked about that the rest of the game.

  • HA!...I caught that too...made me go hmmmm..

  • I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

    I think, at best, he becomes a Jason Campbell.

  • Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

    The punter was awesome... shades of Ray Guy.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

    Agree, but Jones surveyed a lot of territory fairly unconcerned about his surroundings.

    Not sure there's an NFL QB in OSU's trio, but have a feeling that if there is one, then it's Barrett.

  • I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

    He reminds me of Byron Leftwich. Size/Build/Speed/Black. A decent pro. Not top notch but capable.

  • I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.

    You find a lot of very QB friendly systems in college. At OSU too. Lots of shotgun, lots of quick read plays, etc. Stuff that doesn't work against an NFL defense.

    Becomes a whole different ball game in the NFL, which hits many of these rookies as hard as the Coors light train.

  • The punter was awesome... shades of Ray Guy.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Cardale Jones kind of has that Cam Newton "could be a terrible quarterback but throws a solid pass every once in a while" aspect.

    Agree, but Jones surveyed a lot of territory fairly unconcerned about his surroundings.

    Not sure there's an NFL QB in OSU's trio, but have a feeling that if there is one, then it's Barrett.

    @tour2ma said:

    The punter was awesome... shades of Ray Guy.

    Agree, but Jones surveyed a lot of territory fairly unconcerned about his surroundings.

    Not sure there's an NFL QB in OSU's trio, but have a feeling that if there is one, then it's Barrett.

    Agree, I'd have the highest hopes for Barrett but don't see it still.

    The tebow system we talk so much about just so happens to be the system braxton, Barrett, and Jones are in 😉

  • I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.

    The spread option has totally fucked up QB evaluations. Mariota is a great athlete but the best QB the ducks ever had in that system was Dennis Dixon (yes, better than Mariota, he was going to win the heisman in 2007 until he blew out his ACL). Dixon started 3 games in the NFL and is now out of the league.

  • i don't know what planet you guys were watching the game from but here in NY mariota was the clear cut #1 QB in any bowl game (so far) this year.

  • I wasn't impressed by Oregon, I know they won big, but it was in large part thanks to FSU. It seemed they couldn't wait to give the ball back. Terrible fumble after terrible fumble after dropped pass after terrible fumble. They shot themselves in the foot every time. I think apart from winstons ridiculous fumble that he looked like a far better NFL prospect. the only reason people are projecting Mariota to go #1 is because Winston raped a bitch with stolen crab legs. As far as physical tools go, Winston has a better build and a better arm playing in a system that is far more likely to produce an NFL talent.

  • the best thing about thursday was looking at mark may's face eat it as he hates ohio state and the big ten.

    fuck him and anyone that looks like him.