2015 QB Draft Watch
-
No way will we draft another QB this year. Tyler Thigpin is our insurance policy. If Hoyer is gone jff and Shaw will compete for back up position. If Manziel goes Hoyer and Thigpin will compete for starter. If Thigpin and Hoyer or Manziel are gone we will look at FA market. Somebody has to go. No way will we go into next season with Manziel,Shaw and another rookie Qb. Who will it be.
GO BROWNS !
No way will we draft another QB this year. Tyler Thigpin is our insurance policy.
GO BROWNS !
Considering QB is the most important AND our most unsettled position....and, technically, we dont even have one we call "starter", how can you say we wont draft one??......There are MANY scenarios where I can see us picking one.....many......and Thigpen was not insurance against anything except as a backup for that last game which is now over...
i wouldn't put it past farmer to draft another QB.
Me either....maybe 2
It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.
Ha....I just posted video of Halliday passing for 750 yards and 7 TD's in one game....and he's just considered an "ok" prospect...
Sorry guys, C. Jones does not look like a pro to me.....except I will say he does have an uncanny resemblance to Jamarcus Russell
-
No way will we draft another QB this year. Tyler Thigpin is our insurance policy.
GO BROWNS !
Considering QB is the most important AND our most unsettled position....and, technically, we dont even have one we call "starter", how can you say we wont draft one??......There are MANY scenarios where I can see us picking one.....many......and Thigpen was not insurance against anything except as a backup for that last game which is now over...
i wouldn't put it past farmer to draft another QB.
Me either....maybe 2
It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.
Ha....I just posted video of Halliday passing for 750 yards and 7 TD's in one game....and he's just considered an "ok" prospect...
Sorry guys, C. Jones does not look like a pro to me.....except I will say he does have an uncanny resemblance to Jamarcus Russell
Considering QB is the most important AND our most unsettled position....and, technically, we dont even have one we call "starter", how can you say we wont draft one??......There are MANY scenarios where I can see us picking one.....many...
FB is not more "unsettled"?

Sure there are tons of scenarios, but the only likely ones I see involve obtaining a vet QB's services. With a so-so FA and draft classes, I expect a trade route to that end likely involving draft pick(s).
-
No way will we draft another QB this year. Tyler Thigpin is our insurance policy. If Hoyer is gone jff and Shaw will compete for back up position. If Manziel goes Hoyer and Thigpin will compete for starter. If Thigpin and Hoyer or Manziel are gone we will look at FA market. Somebody has to go. No way will we go into next season with Manziel,Shaw and another rookie Qb. Who will it be.
GO BROWNS !
No way will we draft another QB this year. Tyler Thigpin is our insurance policy. If Hoyer is gone jff and Shaw will compete for back up position. If Manziel goes Hoyer and Thigpin will compete for starter. If Thigpin and Hoyer or Manziel are gone we will look at FA market. Somebody has to go. No way will we go into next season with Manziel,Shaw and another rookie Qb. Who will it be.
GO BROWNS !
Thigpen is a FA and I doubt we re-sign him. We will bring in a better vet FA and I could certainly see us drafting a qb.
-
Considering QB is the most important AND our most unsettled position....and, technically, we dont even have one we call "starter", how can you say we wont draft one??......There are MANY scenarios where I can see us picking one.....many...
FB is not more "unsettled"?

Sure there are tons of scenarios, but the only likely ones I see involve obtaining a vet QB's services. With a so-so FA and draft classes, I expect a trade route to that end likely involving draft pick(s).
FB is not more "unsettled"?

Sure there are tons of scenarios, but the only likely ones I see involve obtaining a vet QB's services. With a so-so FA and draft classes, I expect a trade route to that end likely involving draft pick(s).
It will be really interesting to see how it all unfolds. It wouldn't surprise me to see all of the above. A veteran signing and a swing late in the draft. With the situation like it is, we might see them carry an extra QB or 2 next year......free agents and potential trade candidates look very "eh".....
Free agents.....Ponder, Mallet, Locker, Sanchez, Flynn & Gabbert
Possible cheapo trades.....Glennon, Cousins, Foles, Smith, Cutler & Fitzpatrick
-
If the Browns do draft a QB, which I think they will, hopefully not in rounds 1-3, are they going to get a new QB coach?
Because Dowell Loggains didn't do much with a rookie named Johnny. Although that could be more on Johnny
-
Of course with Shanahan here, I could see us going for Cousins and have him and JFF battle it out.
-
Of course with Shanahan here, I could see us going for Cousins and have him and JFF battle it out.
Of course with Shanahan here, I could see us going for Cousins and have him and JFF battle it out.
It is more likely that we would sign RG3 than cousins IMO. But I still see the browns drafting a mid round QB and signing a veteran all to compete with Johnny. I really hope we don't trade up for a QB in the first round..
-
Of course with Shanahan here, I could see us going for Cousins and have him and JFF battle it out.
It is more likely that we would sign RG3 than cousins IMO. But I still see the browns drafting a mid round QB and signing a veteran all to compete with Johnny. I really hope we don't trade up for a QB in the first round..
It is more likely that we would sign RG3 than cousins IMO. But I still see the browns drafting a mid round QB and signing a veteran all to compete with Johnny. I really hope we don't trade up for a QB in the first round..
RG3? Why would Wash get rid of him over Cousins? And, why would we pay the enormous price they would ask for him? Pretty sure that's not going to happen.
Plus, we made an offer last year for Cousins, so I think it's pretty realistic to think we may do it again.
-
out of all those on the list above i would take foles.
-
It is more likely that we would sign RG3 than cousins IMO. But I still see the browns drafting a mid round QB and signing a veteran all to compete with Johnny. I really hope we don't trade up for a QB in the first round..
RG3? Why would Wash get rid of him over Cousins? And, why would we pay the enormous price they would ask for him? Pretty sure that's not going to happen.
Plus, we made an offer last year for Cousins, so I think it's pretty realistic to think we may do it again.
RG3? Why would Wash get rid of him over Cousins? And, why would we pay the enormous price they would ask for him? Pretty sure that's not going to happen.
Plus, we made an offer last year for Cousins, so I think it's pretty realistic to think we may do it again.
I don't think it's a secret that Jay Gruden isn't a big RG3 fan. We could get him cheap. And after cousin's disaster of last year I doubt we get him. Plus I'm not sure there is much proof we ever wanted cousins. Jus speculation due to hiring Shanny.
To be clear, I doubt we get either. I just see us getting RG3 before Cousins.
-
vs. Wisconsin 12-17 257 yards 70.6% completion 3 TD's 0 INT
vs. Alabama 18-35 243 yards 51.4% completion 1 TD 1 INT
Yeah, you're right. Jones had absolutely no effect against either of those teams.
You're a fucking bum, get out of here.
It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.
Fucking homers, look at Manziel's college numbers
It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.
Fucking homers, look at Manziel's college numbers
And go look at Stafford's, Brady's, Wilson's (NC State), Palmer's, Marino's, Montana's, etc. All have completion percentages between 50-61.
Point is, college numbers don't mean shit. Ruling out a player because of some arbitrary line you draw in the sand is a good way to miss out on late-round potential.
If you're not taking an Andrew Luck, then you take a guy with the tools you deem most transferrable to the pro game. Obviously, Cardale doesn't possess many of those tools. But he's a far sight better prospect than Logan Thomas, and that fuck was drafted in the fourth round. Regardless of your opinion on Ohio State, he'll likely warrant a late-round look.
-
I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
-
I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
Randall Cunningham did pretty well with Minn
-
I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
well the browns will have to address QB in FA somehow. and off the list that was provided foles is the best i saw.
i doubt if it'd cost us that much to get the guy. since foles really doesn't fit into kelly's style of QB. he likes a mobile qb that can scramble and....HEY WAIT!!!
-
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
Randall Cunningham did pretty well with Minn
Randall Cunningham did pretty well with Minn
Randall was a free agent and that was nearly 20 years ago.
-
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
well the browns will have to address QB in FA somehow. and off the list that was provided foles is the best i saw.
i doubt if it'd cost us that much to get the guy. since foles really doesn't fit into kelly's style of QB. he likes a mobile qb that can scramble and....HEY WAIT!!!
well the browns will have to address QB in FA somehow. and off the list that was provided foles is the best i saw.
i doubt if it'd cost us that much to get the guy. since foles really doesn't fit into kelly's style of QB. he likes a mobile qb that can scramble and....HEY WAIT!!!
Foles would be an improvement so long as Shanahan doesn't ask a lot. I hope realizes that running the ball and play action are when the offense ran best. Not cutesy shit.
-
I agree that on the list...Foles gets my vote. But Sanchez also looked decent under Chip Kelly's offense, so there is that to consider. Either way, if he isn't working in Philly, he was a third round pick in the draft to start...so could be had somewhat cheaper you'd think.
I believe Washington said they are committed to RG3 next year. Not a surprise really, after what they spent to get him. Cousins was initially supposed to be their insurance policy for RG3, but who knows now.
-
I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.
He reminds me of Byron Leftwich. Size/Build/Speed/Black. A decent pro. Not top notch but capable.
He reminds me of Byron Leftwich. Size/Build/Speed/Black. A decent pro. Not top notch but capable.
Leftwich never has the wheels that Cardale Jones does.
-
I agree that on the list...Foles gets my vote. But Sanchez also looked decent under Chip Kelly's offense, so there is that to consider. Either way, if he isn't working in Philly, he was a third round pick in the draft to start...so could be had somewhat cheaper you'd think.
I believe Washington said they are committed to RG3 next year. Not a surprise really, after what they spent to get him. Cousins was initially supposed to be their insurance policy for RG3, but who knows now.
I believe Washington said they are committed to RG3 next year. Not a surprise really, after what they spent to get him. Cousins was initially supposed to be their insurance policy for RG3, but who knows now.
I heard somewhere that Cousins has said that if Washington is going to just hand RG3 the starting spot for next season than he wants to be traded. Would be worth a mid round pick for him as well to see what he can do.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login