Skip to content

2015 QB Draft Watch

The Browns Board
136 32 4.6k
  • @thenew23 said:

    Of course with Shanahan here, I could see us going for Cousins and have him and JFF battle it out.

    It is more likely that we would sign RG3 than cousins IMO. But I still see the browns drafting a mid round QB and signing a veteran all to compete with Johnny. I really hope we don't trade up for a QB in the first round..

    @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    It is more likely that we would sign RG3 than cousins IMO. But I still see the browns drafting a mid round QB and signing a veteran all to compete with Johnny. I really hope we don't trade up for a QB in the first round..

    RG3? Why would Wash get rid of him over Cousins? And, why would we pay the enormous price they would ask for him? Pretty sure that's not going to happen.

    Plus, we made an offer last year for Cousins, so I think it's pretty realistic to think we may do it again.

  • out of all those on the list above i would take foles.

  • @bringbackbrownie2 said:

    It is more likely that we would sign RG3 than cousins IMO. But I still see the browns drafting a mid round QB and signing a veteran all to compete with Johnny. I really hope we don't trade up for a QB in the first round..

    RG3? Why would Wash get rid of him over Cousins? And, why would we pay the enormous price they would ask for him? Pretty sure that's not going to happen.

    Plus, we made an offer last year for Cousins, so I think it's pretty realistic to think we may do it again.

    @thenew23 said:

    RG3? Why would Wash get rid of him over Cousins? And, why would we pay the enormous price they would ask for him? Pretty sure that's not going to happen.

    Plus, we made an offer last year for Cousins, so I think it's pretty realistic to think we may do it again.

    I don't think it's a secret that Jay Gruden isn't a big RG3 fan. We could get him cheap. And after cousin's disaster of last year I doubt we get him. Plus I'm not sure there is much proof we ever wanted cousins. Jus speculation due to hiring Shanny.

    To be clear, I doubt we get either. I just see us getting RG3 before Cousins.

  • out of all those on the list above i would take foles.

    @miktoxic said:

    out of all those on the list above i would take foles.

    I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    vs. Wisconsin 12-17 257 yards 70.6% completion 3 TD's 0 INT

    vs. Alabama 18-35 243 yards 51.4% completion 1 TD 1 INT

    Yeah, you're right. Jones had absolutely no effect against either of those teams.

    You're a fucking bum, get out of here.

    It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.

    Fucking homers, look at Manziel's college numbers

    @baconhound said:

    It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.

    Fucking homers, look at Manziel's college numbers

    And go look at Stafford's, Brady's, Wilson's (NC State), Palmer's, Marino's, Montana's, etc. All have completion percentages between 50-61.

    Point is, college numbers don't mean shit. Ruling out a player because of some arbitrary line you draw in the sand is a good way to miss out on late-round potential.

    If you're not taking an Andrew Luck, then you take a guy with the tools you deem most transferrable to the pro game. Obviously, Cardale doesn't possess many of those tools. But he's a far sight better prospect than Logan Thomas, and that fuck was drafted in the fourth round. Regardless of your opinion on Ohio State, he'll likely warrant a late-round look.

  • @miktoxic said:

    out of all those on the list above i would take foles.

    I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.

    @mark-o said:

    I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.

    In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.

  • @mark-o said:

    I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.

    In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.

    Randall Cunningham did pretty well with Minn

  • @mark-o said:

    I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.

    In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.

    well the browns will have to address QB in FA somehow. and off the list that was provided foles is the best i saw.

    i doubt if it'd cost us that much to get the guy. since foles really doesn't fit into kelly's style of QB. he likes a mobile qb that can scramble and....HEY WAIT!!!

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.

    Randall Cunningham did pretty well with Minn

    @browns149 said:

    Randall Cunningham did pretty well with Minn

    Randall was a free agent and that was nearly 20 years ago.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.

    well the browns will have to address QB in FA somehow. and off the list that was provided foles is the best i saw.

    i doubt if it'd cost us that much to get the guy. since foles really doesn't fit into kelly's style of QB. he likes a mobile qb that can scramble and....HEY WAIT!!!

    @miktoxic said:

    well the browns will have to address QB in FA somehow. and off the list that was provided foles is the best i saw.

    i doubt if it'd cost us that much to get the guy. since foles really doesn't fit into kelly's style of QB. he likes a mobile qb that can scramble and....HEY WAIT!!!

    Foles would be an improvement so long as Shanahan doesn't ask a lot. I hope realizes that running the ball and play action are when the offense ran best. Not cutesy shit.

  • I agree that on the list...Foles gets my vote. But Sanchez also looked decent under Chip Kelly's offense, so there is that to consider. Either way, if he isn't working in Philly, he was a third round pick in the draft to start...so could be had somewhat cheaper you'd think.

    I believe Washington said they are committed to RG3 next year. Not a surprise really, after what they spent to get him. Cousins was initially supposed to be their insurance policy for RG3, but who knows now.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

    He reminds me of Byron Leftwich. Size/Build/Speed/Black. A decent pro. Not top notch but capable.

    @the-gipper said:

    He reminds me of Byron Leftwich. Size/Build/Speed/Black. A decent pro. Not top notch but capable.

    Leftwich never has the wheels that Cardale Jones does.

  • I agree that on the list...Foles gets my vote. But Sanchez also looked decent under Chip Kelly's offense, so there is that to consider. Either way, if he isn't working in Philly, he was a third round pick in the draft to start...so could be had somewhat cheaper you'd think.

    I believe Washington said they are committed to RG3 next year. Not a surprise really, after what they spent to get him. Cousins was initially supposed to be their insurance policy for RG3, but who knows now.

    @tml1138 said:

    I believe Washington said they are committed to RG3 next year. Not a surprise really, after what they spent to get him. Cousins was initially supposed to be their insurance policy for RG3, but who knows now.

    I heard somewhere that Cousins has said that if Washington is going to just hand RG3 the starting spot for next season than he wants to be traded. Would be worth a mid round pick for him as well to see what he can do.

  • @the-gipper said:

    He reminds me of Byron Leftwich. Size/Build/Speed/Black. A decent pro. Not top notch but capable.

    Leftwich never has the wheels that Cardale Jones does.

    @mohican said:

    Leftwich never has the wheels that Cardale Jones does.

    Byron also had the longest release of any QB I have seen. It got him pummeled.

  • IMO better off luring Hoyer back than trading something (other than Manziel) for Kirk Cousins. Now if we could do an even up swap Cousins for Manziel then maybe...

  • IMO better off luring Hoyer back than trading something (other than Manziel) for Kirk Cousins. Now if we could do an even up swap Cousins for Manziel then maybe...

    @mohican said:

    IMO better off luring Hoyer back than trading something (other than Manziel) for Kirk Cousins. Now if we could do an even up swap Cousins for Manziel then maybe...

    Then you would essentially have two of the same QB's on roster between Hoyer and Cousins.

  • @miktoxic said:

    out of all those on the list above i would take foles.

    I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.

    @mark-o said:

    I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.

    But to go for Mariotta Chip needs lots of ammo, like our two first rounders atop the Eagles first. Just so happens that per the latest draft pick charts #12+#19+#20 damn near = #1.

    So let's go Eagle shopping...

    Nick Foles -

    Fletcher Cox (DT) - Former #1, has played DE and DT, 2nd team All-Pro

    Lane Johnson (RT) - Former #4 overall; PED suspension, injured.

    Connor Barwin (ILB) - oft injured vet, but force on the field.

    No way I see all four, but Foles plus 2 and perhaps a later pick?

  • so what are the teams that are definitely going to draft QB first round this coming draft?

    tamp bay

    tennessee

    chicago?

    houston?

    buffalo in the second?

    @miktoxic said:

    so what are the teams that are definitely going to draft QB first round this coming draft?

    tamp bay

    tennessee

    chicago?

    houston?

    buffalo in the second?

    There are not 4 first round talent QBs in this draft. I fully expect that only Winston and Mariota to be drafted in round 1. For the Browns: draft all defense and OL, and maybe 1 WR.

  • Now that Chip Kelley has taken over the player personnel stuff in Philly, is he going to go after Mariota?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12113039/philadelphia-eagles-coach-chip-kelly-assumes-oversight-team-player-personnel-department

    @browns149 said:

    Now that Chip Kelley has taken over the player personnel stuff in Philly, is he going to go after Mariota?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12113039/philadelphia-eagles-coach-chip-kelly-assumes-oversight-team-player-personnel-department

    I would be glad to have Nick Foles brought in here.

  • @darkside5 said:

    No way will we draft another QB this year. Tyler Thigpin is our insurance policy.

    GO BROWNS !

    Considering QB is the most important AND our most unsettled position....and, technically, we dont even have one we call "starter", how can you say we wont draft one??......There are MANY scenarios where I can see us picking one.....many......and Thigpen was not insurance against anything except as a backup for that last game which is now over...

    @miktoxic said:

    i wouldn't put it past farmer to draft another QB.

    Me either....maybe 2

    @baconhound said:

    It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.

    Ha....I just posted video of Halliday passing for 750 yards and 7 TD's in one game....and he's just considered an "ok" prospect...

    Sorry guys, C. Jones does not look like a pro to me.....except I will say he does have an uncanny resemblance to Jamarcus Russell

    @mudfly said:

    Considering QB is the most important AND our most unsettled position....and, technically, we dont even have one we call "starter", how can you say we wont draft one??......There are MANY scenarios where I can see us picking one.....many......and Thigpen was not insurance against anything except as a backup for that last game which is now over...

    Me either....maybe 2

    Ha....I just posted video of Halliday passing for 750 yards and 7 TD's in one game....and he's just considered an "ok" prospect...

    Sorry guys, C. Jones does not look like a pro to me.....except I will say he does have an uncanny resemblance to Jamarcus Russell

    No, I said it before: Byron Leftwich.