2015 QB Draft Watch
-
out of all those on the list above i would take foles.
-
It is more likely that we would sign RG3 than cousins IMO. But I still see the browns drafting a mid round QB and signing a veteran all to compete with Johnny. I really hope we don't trade up for a QB in the first round..
RG3? Why would Wash get rid of him over Cousins? And, why would we pay the enormous price they would ask for him? Pretty sure that's not going to happen.
Plus, we made an offer last year for Cousins, so I think it's pretty realistic to think we may do it again.
RG3? Why would Wash get rid of him over Cousins? And, why would we pay the enormous price they would ask for him? Pretty sure that's not going to happen.
Plus, we made an offer last year for Cousins, so I think it's pretty realistic to think we may do it again.
I don't think it's a secret that Jay Gruden isn't a big RG3 fan. We could get him cheap. And after cousin's disaster of last year I doubt we get him. Plus I'm not sure there is much proof we ever wanted cousins. Jus speculation due to hiring Shanny.
To be clear, I doubt we get either. I just see us getting RG3 before Cousins.
-
vs. Wisconsin 12-17 257 yards 70.6% completion 3 TD's 0 INT
vs. Alabama 18-35 243 yards 51.4% completion 1 TD 1 INT
Yeah, you're right. Jones had absolutely no effect against either of those teams.
You're a fucking bum, get out of here.
It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.
Fucking homers, look at Manziel's college numbers
It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.
Fucking homers, look at Manziel's college numbers
And go look at Stafford's, Brady's, Wilson's (NC State), Palmer's, Marino's, Montana's, etc. All have completion percentages between 50-61.
Point is, college numbers don't mean shit. Ruling out a player because of some arbitrary line you draw in the sand is a good way to miss out on late-round potential.
If you're not taking an Andrew Luck, then you take a guy with the tools you deem most transferrable to the pro game. Obviously, Cardale doesn't possess many of those tools. But he's a far sight better prospect than Logan Thomas, and that fuck was drafted in the fourth round. Regardless of your opinion on Ohio State, he'll likely warrant a late-round look.
-
I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
-
I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
Randall Cunningham did pretty well with Minn
-
I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
well the browns will have to address QB in FA somehow. and off the list that was provided foles is the best i saw.
i doubt if it'd cost us that much to get the guy. since foles really doesn't fit into kelly's style of QB. he likes a mobile qb that can scramble and....HEY WAIT!!!
-
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
Randall Cunningham did pretty well with Minn
Randall Cunningham did pretty well with Minn
Randall was a free agent and that was nearly 20 years ago.
-
In Foles' first half of 2014, he put up nearly identical stats to what Sanchez did in the back half. Growing up, I was an Eagles fan due to my dad. I saw far too many times that teams reached for Philly QBs and got burned. I would stay away.
well the browns will have to address QB in FA somehow. and off the list that was provided foles is the best i saw.
i doubt if it'd cost us that much to get the guy. since foles really doesn't fit into kelly's style of QB. he likes a mobile qb that can scramble and....HEY WAIT!!!
well the browns will have to address QB in FA somehow. and off the list that was provided foles is the best i saw.
i doubt if it'd cost us that much to get the guy. since foles really doesn't fit into kelly's style of QB. he likes a mobile qb that can scramble and....HEY WAIT!!!
Foles would be an improvement so long as Shanahan doesn't ask a lot. I hope realizes that running the ball and play action are when the offense ran best. Not cutesy shit.
-
I agree that on the list...Foles gets my vote. But Sanchez also looked decent under Chip Kelly's offense, so there is that to consider. Either way, if he isn't working in Philly, he was a third round pick in the draft to start...so could be had somewhat cheaper you'd think.
I believe Washington said they are committed to RG3 next year. Not a surprise really, after what they spent to get him. Cousins was initially supposed to be their insurance policy for RG3, but who knows now.
-
I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.
He reminds me of Byron Leftwich. Size/Build/Speed/Black. A decent pro. Not top notch but capable.
He reminds me of Byron Leftwich. Size/Build/Speed/Black. A decent pro. Not top notch but capable.
Leftwich never has the wheels that Cardale Jones does.
-
I agree that on the list...Foles gets my vote. But Sanchez also looked decent under Chip Kelly's offense, so there is that to consider. Either way, if he isn't working in Philly, he was a third round pick in the draft to start...so could be had somewhat cheaper you'd think.
I believe Washington said they are committed to RG3 next year. Not a surprise really, after what they spent to get him. Cousins was initially supposed to be their insurance policy for RG3, but who knows now.
I believe Washington said they are committed to RG3 next year. Not a surprise really, after what they spent to get him. Cousins was initially supposed to be their insurance policy for RG3, but who knows now.
I heard somewhere that Cousins has said that if Washington is going to just hand RG3 the starting spot for next season than he wants to be traded. Would be worth a mid round pick for him as well to see what he can do.
-
He reminds me of Byron Leftwich. Size/Build/Speed/Black. A decent pro. Not top notch but capable.
Leftwich never has the wheels that Cardale Jones does.
-
IMO better off luring Hoyer back than trading something (other than Manziel) for Kirk Cousins. Now if we could do an even up swap Cousins for Manziel then maybe...
-
I agree. If Chip wants Mariotta, I'll give him something for Foles. He's better than anything we have on the roster right now.
But to go for Mariotta Chip needs lots of ammo, like our two first rounders atop the Eagles first. Just so happens that per the latest draft pick charts #12+#19+#20 damn near = #1.
So let's go Eagle shopping...
Nick Foles -
Fletcher Cox (DT) - Former #1, has played DE and DT, 2nd team All-Pro
Lane Johnson (RT) - Former #4 overall; PED suspension, injured.
Connor Barwin (ILB) - oft injured vet, but force on the field.
No way I see all four, but Foles plus 2 and perhaps a later pick?
-
so what are the teams that are definitely going to draft QB first round this coming draft?
tamp bay
tennessee
chicago?
houston?
buffalo in the second?
so what are the teams that are definitely going to draft QB first round this coming draft?
tamp bay
tennessee
chicago?
houston?
buffalo in the second?
There are not 4 first round talent QBs in this draft. I fully expect that only Winston and Mariota to be drafted in round 1. For the Browns: draft all defense and OL, and maybe 1 WR.
-
Now that Chip Kelley has taken over the player personnel stuff in Philly, is he going to go after Mariota?
Now that Chip Kelley has taken over the player personnel stuff in Philly, is he going to go after Mariota?
I would be glad to have Nick Foles brought in here.
-
No way will we draft another QB this year. Tyler Thigpin is our insurance policy.
GO BROWNS !
Considering QB is the most important AND our most unsettled position....and, technically, we dont even have one we call "starter", how can you say we wont draft one??......There are MANY scenarios where I can see us picking one.....many......and Thigpen was not insurance against anything except as a backup for that last game which is now over...
i wouldn't put it past farmer to draft another QB.
Me either....maybe 2
It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.
Ha....I just posted video of Halliday passing for 750 yards and 7 TD's in one game....and he's just considered an "ok" prospect...
Sorry guys, C. Jones does not look like a pro to me.....except I will say he does have an uncanny resemblance to Jamarcus Russell
Considering QB is the most important AND our most unsettled position....and, technically, we dont even have one we call "starter", how can you say we wont draft one??......There are MANY scenarios where I can see us picking one.....many......and Thigpen was not insurance against anything except as a backup for that last game which is now over...
Me either....maybe 2
Ha....I just posted video of Halliday passing for 750 yards and 7 TD's in one game....and he's just considered an "ok" prospect...
Sorry guys, C. Jones does not look like a pro to me.....except I will say he does have an uncanny resemblance to Jamarcus Russell
No, I said it before: Byron Leftwich.
-
I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.
I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.
Early report is Mariota will need a year of sitting on the bench to adjust to the pro game.
I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.
Don't call him 12 gauge for nothing. Be interesting to see if he does come out though. (Redshirt sophomore) He's raw as hell. Not a J-Fat at all. Won a scholar- athlete award.
Take a shot on Hundley in the second. The guy makes NFL throws and is hella athletic. He's raw, but with some refining he could be a stud.
I fully believe Ray Farmer will take a qb in this draft and I believe he'll take one in any round he feels necessary. Hundley could be the best bet for a second round pick. Outside of an amazing combine he could definitely find himself going early on Day 2.
Haven't seen enough of Hundley to form an opinion- see below.
No way will we draft another QB this year. Tyler Thigpin is our insurance policy. If Hoyer is gone jff and Shaw will compete for back up position. If Manziel goes Hoyer and Thigpin will compete for starter. If Thigpin and Hoyer or Manziel are gone we will look at FA market. Somebody has to go. No way will we go into next season with Manziel,Shaw and another rookie Qb. Who will it be.
GO BROWNS !
Thigpen isn't the answer as an "insurance policy". More like a last ditch effort. BTW, if Farmer thinks he can upgrade the qb position through the draft, he will do so. Yup, even with another first round pick.
http://video-embed.cleveland.com/services/player/bcpid1949055968001?bctid=3965782779001&
bckey=AQ~~,AAAAQBxUNqE~,xKBGzTdiYSSRqIKPsPdkNW3W_DNtPBTa
Now that Chip Kelley has taken over the player personnel stuff in Philly, is he going to go after Mariota?
As Tour pointed out- the Eagles don't have the ammunition to move up high enough to grab Mariota. It would cost the Browns both their first rounders plus another one next year. Not worth it. I'll trade them the Midget for Foles in a heartbeat straight up, though.
RG3? Why would Wash get rid of him over Cousins? And, why would we pay the enormous price they would ask for him? Pretty sure that's not going to happen.
Plus, we made an offer last year for Cousins, so I think it's pretty realistic to think we may do it again.
If Hoyer leaves, MHO is Cousins will be plan "A". We need better than that though. RE: RG III, Snyder loves him and I doubt he's going anywhere.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login