Skip to content

2015 QB Draft Watch

The Browns Board
136 32 4.6k
  • so what are the teams that are definitely going to draft QB first round this coming draft?

    tamp bay

    tennessee

    chicago?

    houston?

    buffalo in the second?

    @miktoxic said:

    so what are the teams that are definitely going to draft QB first round this coming draft?

    tamp bay

    tennessee

    chicago?

    houston?

    buffalo in the second?

    There are not 4 first round talent QBs in this draft. I fully expect that only Winston and Mariota to be drafted in round 1. For the Browns: draft all defense and OL, and maybe 1 WR.

  • Now that Chip Kelley has taken over the player personnel stuff in Philly, is he going to go after Mariota?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12113039/philadelphia-eagles-coach-chip-kelly-assumes-oversight-team-player-personnel-department

    @browns149 said:

    Now that Chip Kelley has taken over the player personnel stuff in Philly, is he going to go after Mariota?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12113039/philadelphia-eagles-coach-chip-kelly-assumes-oversight-team-player-personnel-department

    I would be glad to have Nick Foles brought in here.

  • @darkside5 said:

    No way will we draft another QB this year. Tyler Thigpin is our insurance policy.

    GO BROWNS !

    Considering QB is the most important AND our most unsettled position....and, technically, we dont even have one we call "starter", how can you say we wont draft one??......There are MANY scenarios where I can see us picking one.....many......and Thigpen was not insurance against anything except as a backup for that last game which is now over...

    @miktoxic said:

    i wouldn't put it past farmer to draft another QB.

    Me either....maybe 2

    @baconhound said:

    It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.

    Ha....I just posted video of Halliday passing for 750 yards and 7 TD's in one game....and he's just considered an "ok" prospect...

    Sorry guys, C. Jones does not look like a pro to me.....except I will say he does have an uncanny resemblance to Jamarcus Russell

    @mudfly said:

    Considering QB is the most important AND our most unsettled position....and, technically, we dont even have one we call "starter", how can you say we wont draft one??......There are MANY scenarios where I can see us picking one.....many......and Thigpen was not insurance against anything except as a backup for that last game which is now over...

    Me either....maybe 2

    Ha....I just posted video of Halliday passing for 750 yards and 7 TD's in one game....and he's just considered an "ok" prospect...

    Sorry guys, C. Jones does not look like a pro to me.....except I will say he does have an uncanny resemblance to Jamarcus Russell

    No, I said it before: Byron Leftwich.

  • I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I don't get the whole Mariota thing. I mean he's not terrible for sure, but he isn't Luck or anything like that. He benefits tremendously from the system he plays in, kind of like Tebow did. It's a system that not many programs in the country can really stop. Take Mariota out of that system are his numbers as good? I dunno....I don't see the kind of throws from him though that make me say omg a team would be absolutely Retarded not to take him #1. He's good...just not as good as the constant hype around him. Luck was really the last qb I saw in college that I was like holy fuck that guy is a can't miss NFL qb.

    Early report is Mariota will need a year of sitting on the bench to adjust to the pro game.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I like Cardale as a College qb but he still has as long a road ahead of him to be an NFL qb as JF does. Kid has an absolute cannon though. I mean holy shit kind of fucking arm.

    Don't call him 12 gauge for nothing. Be interesting to see if he does come out though. (Redshirt sophomore) He's raw as hell. Not a J-Fat at all. Won a scholar- athlete award.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    Take a shot on Hundley in the second. The guy makes NFL throws and is hella athletic. He's raw, but with some refining he could be a stud.

    I fully believe Ray Farmer will take a qb in this draft and I believe he'll take one in any round he feels necessary. Hundley could be the best bet for a second round pick. Outside of an amazing combine he could definitely find himself going early on Day 2.

    Haven't seen enough of Hundley to form an opinion- see below.

    @darkside5 said:

    No way will we draft another QB this year. Tyler Thigpin is our insurance policy. If Hoyer is gone jff and Shaw will compete for back up position. If Manziel goes Hoyer and Thigpin will compete for starter. If Thigpin and Hoyer or Manziel are gone we will look at FA market. Somebody has to go. No way will we go into next season with Manziel,Shaw and another rookie Qb. Who will it be.

    GO BROWNS !

    Thigpen isn't the answer as an "insurance policy". More like a last ditch effort. BTW, if Farmer thinks he can upgrade the qb position through the draft, he will do so. Yup, even with another first round pick.

    http://video-embed.cleveland.com/services/player/bcpid1949055968001?bctid=3965782779001&

    bckey=AQ~~,AAAAQBxUNqE~,xKBGzTdiYSSRqIKPsPdkNW3W_DNtPBTa

    @browns149 said:

    Now that Chip Kelley has taken over the player personnel stuff in Philly, is he going to go after Mariota?

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12113039/philadelphia-eagles-coach-chip-kelly-assumes-oversight-team-player-personnel-department

    As Tour pointed out- the Eagles don't have the ammunition to move up high enough to grab Mariota. It would cost the Browns both their first rounders plus another one next year. Not worth it. I'll trade them the Midget for Foles in a heartbeat straight up, though.

    @thenew23 said:

    RG3? Why would Wash get rid of him over Cousins? And, why would we pay the enormous price they would ask for him? Pretty sure that's not going to happen.

    Plus, we made an offer last year for Cousins, so I think it's pretty realistic to think we may do it again.

    If Hoyer leaves, MHO is Cousins will be plan "A". We need better than that though. RE: RG III, Snyder loves him and I doubt he's going anywhere.

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    No thanks.

    Care to elaborate?

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Nahh, it truly IS J-Fat 2.0. Cardele "We Aint Come to play School" Jones is your typical ghetto trash RB pretending to be a QB who will be able to run around but he aint come to learn no playbooks, dawg. Fuck that (typical of Suckeye QB's) OSU moron.

    Racist homo.

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Nahh, it truly IS J-Fat 2.0. Cardele "We Aint Come to play School" Jones is your typical ghetto trash RB pretending to be a QB who will be able to run around but he aint come to learn no playbooks, dawg. Fuck that (typical of Suckeye QB's) OSU moron.

    Somebody sounds upset. scUM fan? Sparty fan? Wait, wait... Miami?

  • Racist? fuck you.

  • @baconhound said:

    It's fucking college on an off night guys throw for 350.

    Fucking homers, look at Manziel's college numbers

    And go look at Stafford's, Brady's, Wilson's (NC State), Palmer's, Marino's, Montana's, etc. All have completion percentages between 50-61.

    Point is, college numbers don't mean shit. Ruling out a player because of some arbitrary line you draw in the sand is a good way to miss out on late-round potential.

    If you're not taking an Andrew Luck, then you take a guy with the tools you deem most transferrable to the pro game. Obviously, Cardale doesn't possess many of those tools. But he's a far sight better prospect than Logan Thomas, and that fuck was drafted in the fourth round. Regardless of your opinion on Ohio State, he'll likely warrant a late-round look.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    And go look at Stafford's, Brady's, Wilson's (NC State), Palmer's, Marino's, Montana's, etc. All have completion percentages between 50-61.

    Point is, college numbers don't mean shit. Ruling out a player because of some arbitrary line you draw in the sand is a good way to miss out on late-round potential.

    If you're not taking an Andrew Luck, then you take a guy with the tools you deem most transferrable to the pro game. Obviously, Cardale doesn't possess many of those tools. But he's a far sight better prospect than Logan Thomas, and that fuck was drafted in the fourth round. Regardless of your opinion on Ohio State, he'll likely warrant a late-round look.

    Throw in Johnny Unitas, Tim Couch, Otto Graham, Blaine Gabbert, dude you're all over the map. Urban Meyer made Alex Smith look like god at Utah and he convinced people that Tim Tebow was an NFL worthy QB. Cardale Jones has a friggin cannon for an arm but there is a reason he's the third string behind guys who won't be NFL QBs.

    The Browns need to be drafting players that look and feel like NFL talent and right now the Ohio State 3rd string QB is doing an excellent job in the college playoff but he isn't getting pro scouts excited.

  • @miktoxic said:

    so what are the teams that are definitely going to draft QB first round this coming draft?

    tamp bay

    tennessee

    chicago?

    houston?

    buffalo in the second?

    There are not 4 first round talent QBs in this draft. I fully expect that only Winston and Mariota to be drafted in round 1. For the Browns: draft all defense and OL, and maybe 1 WR.

    @the-gipper said:

    There are not 4 first round talent QBs in this draft.

    yeah i know BUT, you know (as a browns fan) how teams will over-reach. i could see some of these teams either trading picks for someone else's #2s or just going big in FA on the qb pile of dog shit that's out there. maube theythink next year's qb class will be better and they'll be there to pick them cuz they'll suck again this year.

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Nahh, it truly IS J-Fat 2.0. Cardele "We Aint Come to play School" Jones is your typical ghetto trash RB pretending to be a QB who will be able to run around but he aint come to learn no playbooks, dawg. Fuck that (typical of Suckeye QB's) OSU moron.

    SO if Jones wins national championship after taking down 3 of the toughest teams in the country u wouldn't take him in later rounds for a project.

    Kid is 6'5", 250lbs, and can make every throw u need to be a nfl qb.

    Not to mention he s playing about as clutch football as any qb ever in college football.

    Has hardly any mileage on him whatsoever.

    Funny he's being compared to Byron leftwich and jamarcus Russell...... which round did they get drafted in again????? The really really good teams will be eyeing Jones as a project guaranteed. Giants, Pittsburgh, Denver, and probably even NE

  • Oh and by the way he's a 2 time scholar athlete carrying a gpa north of 3.0. Am I to believe the kid is half assing a +3.0 gpa. That's pretty sweet if u ask me

  • ^ Pittsburgh will take him, and he will kill us for 10+ years and he will be added to the shoulda/coulda/woulda list. Then we'll all be on here calling Farmer a dumb fuck for passing him up. I really have no doubt about it . . . It's the story of our lives.

    In all seriousness though he's got all the physical attributes we've been clamoring for . . . 6'5 250lbs, hard to bring down, can move around if need be, canon arm with a quick delivery. I'm tired of knuckleheads on this team, but people were talking about him maturing long before he got his shot so I think there may actually be some truth to it. Besides who doesn't hate going to class anyways?

    We'll probably end up with either JF or some not good enough to secure a starting spot anywhere else but cleveland veteran starting for us, and Connor the 3rd. I liked Connor Shaw, but based on sheer physical size and ability there's no way you can't consider Jones an upgrade over shaw in the 3rd QB spot.

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Nahh, it truly IS J-Fat 2.0. Cardele "We Aint Come to play School" Jones is your typical ghetto trash RB pretending to be a QB who will be able to run around but he aint come to learn no playbooks, dawg. Fuck that (typical of Suckeye QB's) OSU moron.

    1) The guy isn't a moron.

    2) He's beaten a couple pretty good teams.

    3) Looks like he knows how to play the position.

    4) Don't know how many running backs can throw the ball 60 yards with any kind of accuracy.

    5) Ben Rothlisberger is a big dumb lumbering oaf too.

    6) No one is suggesting drafting him in the first round.

    Clear enough?

  • If Cardale goes pro you could get him with a 4th rounder or just offer a 3rd for someone like Ryan Nassib or Brock Osweiller

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    So calling him what he is makes it racist? The fucking Retard can't even string a sentence together and is proud of that fact, boasting on his Twitter "he ain't come for school." If the shoe fits....

    I was just fucking with him.. He may be neither a racist nor a homo. He may be a tolerant straight dumbass.

    Wrong on every account.

  • Oh and by the way he's a 2 time scholar athlete carrying a gpa north of 3.0. Am I to believe the kid is half assing a +3.0 gpa. That's pretty sweet if u ask me

    @cdl15 said:

    Oh and by the way he's a 2 time scholar athlete carrying a gpa north of 3.0. Am I to believe the kid is half assing a +3.0 gpa. That's pretty sweet if u ask me

    Who cares really except his family if he is all that. Can he play QB in the NFL? Could he play qb for the Cleveland Browns.

  • W Why

    ^ Pittsburgh will take him, and he will kill us for 10+ years and he will be added to the shoulda/coulda/woulda list. Then we'll all be on here calling Farmer a dumb fuck for passing him up. I really have no doubt about it . . . It's the story of our lives.

    In all seriousness though he's got all the physical attributes we've been clamoring for . . . 6'5 250lbs, hard to bring down, can move around if need be, canon arm with a quick delivery. I'm tired of knuckleheads on this team, but people were talking about him maturing long before he got his shot so I think there may actually be some truth to it. Besides who doesn't hate going to class anyways?

    We'll probably end up with either JF or some not good enough to secure a starting spot anywhere else but cleveland veteran starting for us, and Connor the 3rd. I liked Connor Shaw, but based on sheer physical size and ability there's no way you can't consider Jones an upgrade over shaw in the 3rd QB spot.

    @why said:

    ^ Pittsburgh will take him, and he will kill us for 10+ years and he will be added to the shoulda/coulda/woulda list. Then we'll all be on here calling Farmer a dumb fuck for passing him up. I really have no doubt about it . . . It's the story of our lives.

    In all seriousness though he's got all the physical attributes we've been clamoring for . . . 6'5 250lbs, hard to bring down, can move around if need be, canon arm with a quick delivery. I'm tired of knuckleheads on this team, but people were talking about him maturing long before he got his shot so I think there may actually be some truth to it. Besides who doesn't hate going to class anyways?

    We'll probably end up with either JF or some not good enough to secure a starting spot anywhere else but cleveland veteran starting for us, and Connor the 3rd. I liked Connor Shaw, but based on sheer physical size and ability there's no way you can't consider Jones an upgrade over shaw in the 3rd QB spot.

    Who are you talking about here? Neither Mariota nor Winston will be around when the Browns pick....and they are going to be able to move up to get either. Are you talking about someone else?

  • I rarely like drafting Buckeyes unless it's defensively. But Cardale Jones has a certain "it" factor. I never realized how someone works their Twitter account affects their on field abilities. So what if any Brown's fan likes an OSU guy in the draft they automatically a homer??? Brown's don't draft many Buckeyes even though OSU is a football factory. Then again they don't win much either.

  • @junkyard-dawg said:

    Suckeye homers are too much. Every new QB it's the same old shit, he's a Super Genius with Manning's brains, Rodgers arm, Montanas accuracy and Dog Killers mobility and destined for greatness..... Then they enter the Big Boy League and predictably are garbage. Every. Single. Time. It's about as annoying as Texass fans, only at least amusing.

    Fact is all anyone needs to do is peruse his Twitter. He can't even speak English at a 5 year olds level. He's a national embarrassment to Ohio State yet their fanbase, apparently is too stupid to realize or care the world is laughing at their School right now.

    You insult someone else's intelligence but clearly have the reading comprehension of a Cantaloupe. No one is saying he's the next Manning, Rogers, Montana or even Vick.

    They're saying that due to the combination of his size and arm that he may be worth a late round pick as a developmental player. all the while you're over here bellyaching as if people are talking about packaging 12 and 19 to move up to draft him.