Skip to content

50 years I've been waiting 50years

The Browns Board
23 12 1.1k
  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #14

    which should make us rail on you more, lol.

    my best friend and biggest client post retirement is thelocal union 3 president in westchester.

    know all about the unions. unless you're are in one they suck.

  • @tuco-dog said:

    I was born 50 years ago.When the Browns won the world campionchip.

    That was 1964 and they beat Johnny Unitus. What have we won since?

    We have always come close but could never seal the deal to get to the big game.

    The last good game was with the last good quarter back we had.

    We know what happened next.I've given up on them when the NFL allowed Art Model to leave so he could keep his franchise in the family,so he could escape the death tax.

    We know what that team did after the move.with basic lyrics the same team they win a superbowl.

    Don't bu into the ruse of not building a stadium so they would stay. He was offered a stadium when Gateway was planed.

    Now I know a lot of you don't remember how approachable the team was?

    They would appear at monday night football broadcasts and sigh autographs answere questions and take pictures.

    Now when Jonny football is aupproch the guy gets beaten up.

    This is a sad time in Cleveland sports over all.Lebron James gets more enjoyment out of silencing the apposing fans in thier house than the fans cheering for him at home. What a complete lack of character.

    Im threw with them. I cant dell with "well theres always next year" or another coach or 3more quaterbacks. Pathetic!

    so if you are a 'regular' person you wouldn't have any cognizance of anything until you were like 6 or 7 which means that was 1970.

    i think i did my first hit of acid then. didn't care about anything brown except the leisure suit i was wearing.

    grasshopper.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @miktoxic said:

    i think i did my first hit of acid then. didn't care about anything brown except the leisure suit i was wearing.

    grasshopper.

    dont remember my first hit, but DEFINITELY remember my last.....it was purple, btw....and I was with my friend cricket(truth)...tho grasshopper woulda been cool too

    """ That the brown acid that is circulating around us isn't too good. It is suggested that you stay away from that. Of course it's your own trip. So be my guest""".....woodstock

  • @tuco-dog said:

    I was born 50 years ago.When the Browns won the world campionchip.

    That was 1964 and they beat Johnny Unitus. What have we won since?

    We have always come close but could never seal the deal to get to the big game.

    The last good game was with the last good quarter back we had.

    We know what happened next.I've given up on them when the NFL allowed Art Model to leave so he could keep his franchise in the family,so he could escape the death tax.

    We know what that team did after the move.with basic lyrics the same team they win a superbowl.

    Don't bu into the ruse of not building a stadium so they would stay. He was offered a stadium when Gateway was planed.

    Now I know a lot of you don't remember how approachable the team was?

    They would appear at monday night football broadcasts and sigh autographs answere questions and take pictures.

    Now when Jonny football is aupproch the guy gets beaten up.

    This is a sad time in Cleveland sports over all.Lebron James gets more enjoyment out of silencing the apposing fans in thier house than the fans cheering for him at home. What a complete lack of character.

    Im threw with them. I cant dell with "well theres always next year" or another coach or 3more quaterbacks. Pathetic!

    so if you are a 'regular' person you wouldn't have any cognizance of anything until you were like 6 or 7 which means that was 1970.

    i think i did my first hit of acid then. didn't care about anything brown except the leisure suit i was wearing.

    grasshopper.

    T Tuco dog wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @miktoxic said:

    so if you are a 'regular' person you wouldn't have any cognizance of anything until you were like 6 or 7 which means that was 1970.

    i think i did my first hit of acid then. didn't care about anything brown except the leisure suit i was wearing.

    grasshopper.

    I would speculate you don't understand when someone is making a point.

    You are correct I did not understand what football was realy about,just how it caused a lot of yelling at the tv set.

    There's a big difference between a fan and a homer.

    I thought this was a forum to express critiques of the new era browns.

    I think those LSD trips are catching up with you! ; )

  • This is a different era. Some fans are mean spirited and want notoriety. Remember the fan that stabbed a tennis player years ago ?

    Many things change over time. We have microwave ovens, fuel injection over carburetors,cell phones over rotary phones, and that pc you used to start this thread. After you attain riches or fame, would it be reasonable to be approachable ?

    T Tuco dog wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @paul-warfield said:

    This is a different era. Some fans are mean spirited and want notoriety. Remember the fan that stabbed a tennis player years ago ?

    Many things change over time. We have microwave ovens, fuel injection over carburetors,cell phones over rotary phones, and that pc you used to start this thread. After you attain riches or fame, would it be reasonable to be approachable ?

    Well we all know how crazy those tennis fans can be.

    We've had a problem of athletes playing for the name on the back of the jersey instead of the name on the front. It is a different era absolutely. It's sad.

  • @miktoxic said:

    so if you are a 'regular' person you wouldn't have any cognizance of anything until you were like 6 or 7 which means that was 1970.

    i think i did my first hit of acid then. didn't care about anything brown except the leisure suit i was wearing.

    grasshopper.

    I would speculate you don't understand when someone is making a point.

    You are correct I did not understand what football was realy about,just how it caused a lot of yelling at the tv set.

    There's a big difference between a fan and a homer.

    I thought this was a forum to express critiques of the new era browns.

    I think those LSD trips are catching up with you! ; )

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @tuco-dog said:

    I would speculate you don't understand when someone is making a point.

    You are correct I did not understand what football was realy about,just how it caused a lot of yelling at the tv set.

    There's a big difference between a fan and a homer.

    I thought this was a forum to express critiques of the new era browns.

    I think those LSD trips are catching up with you! ; )

    dude, i knew that. if you wanna be IN with this crowd you have to know when someone is giving you shit. sometimes the shit is good. sometimes it's bad. believe me you'll know the difference.

    in the meantime belly-up and welcome to the forum.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Young ones are so impatient these days.

    Yes we are. You old timers can at least enjoy your memories of all the Browns Negro-league championships from back in the 60s and the Dawg Pound of the 80s and 90s, but for those fans like myself who were born in the color TV era, its fucking frustrating to watch a team who consistently fail year after year without anything to show for it. I would stop watching football before I stopped rooting for the Browns, but it'd be nice if they could get their shit together and at least give us younger fans something to hang our hat on, like a playoff appearance or something.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Yes we are. You old timers can at least enjoy your memories of all the Browns Negro-league championships from back in the 60s and the Dawg Pound of the 80s and 90s, but for those fans like myself who were born in the color TV era, its fucking frustrating to watch a team who consistently fail year after year without anything to show for it. I would stop watching football before I stopped rooting for the Browns, but it'd be nice if they could get their shit together and at least give us younger fans something to hang our hat on, like a playoff appearance or something.

    TV? Nah it was radio back in the real old days. 😆 :lol:

    You ain't lived unless you heard Jack Benny going down to the vault in his home to make change via radio.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    "Negro-league"?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #21

    VesnaKociper said:

    I played Hookie the day JFK was murdered. I had a fake stomach ache. I was 10 when we won the championship.

    The days of Modell versus the city are gone. It simply doesn't matter any more. We have the Browns and they play in a great stadium. Modell made some dumb business decisions and lost everything. We suffered. Bernie Kosar did the same thing and is now penniless. Give them both respect, they gave it their very best. Ya gotta let that old crap die already.

    Here is the thing about championships. If your team hasn't won one in recent years, really, what the hell is the difference whether it has been 10, 20, 30 or more? Some fair weathered jackoff is going to make fun of you if you aren't in the recent winners circle. Hell, it has been ages for a lot of teams, so what?

    Excellent point Ghoolie. I have always said that the only two championships that matter are the last one and the next one. All others are history, be it the title won by the Akron Pros in 1920 or the 2012 title won by Baltimore.

    And for everyones information, of the 32 NFL teams, 15 have never won a Super Bowl. So its not like the Browns are in exclusive company never having won one.

    You think Steeler assholes feel better because of the Bradshaw era? Fuck, they don't even know who he was.

    Right. He is as much a memory to most of them as Fritz Pollard is to us.

    (Fritz Pollard....QB/HB/leadr of the Akron Pros 1920 NFL champions.....African-American by the way...I guess it was the NFL that WAS the Negro League)

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Young ones are so impatient these days.

    Yes we are. You old timers can at least enjoy your memories of all the Browns Negro-league championships from back in the 60s and the Dawg Pound of the 80s and 90s, but for those fans like myself who were born in the color TV era, its fucking frustrating to watch a team who consistently fail year after year without anything to show for it. I would stop watching football before I stopped rooting for the Browns, but it'd be nice if they could get their shit together and at least give us younger fans something to hang our hat on, like a playoff appearance or something.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Yes we are. You old timers can at least enjoy your memories of all the Browns Negro-league championships from back in the 60s and the Dawg Pound of the 80s and 90s, but for those fans like myself who were born in the color TV era, its fucking frustrating to watch a team who consistently fail year after year without anything to show for it. I would stop watching football before I stopped rooting for the Browns, but it'd be nice if they could get their shit together and at least give us younger fans something to hang our hat on, like a playoff appearance or something.

    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

  • S Stewie wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Tuco dog's lament reminds of this poor guy who's last wish was to have Browns players as his pall bearers so that the browns can "let him down" one last time. He died at 55.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/fan-dying-browns-time-article-1.1393230