Skip to content

does character count?

The Browns Board
48 19 1.6k
  • Yeah I'd hate Vick more if he did the same to the same amount of human. That would mean kidnapping people's children and torturing folks to death for fun. Yeah you got me there. That would be worse. But I don't want Idi Amin or Pol Pot as quarterback either.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Yeah I'd hate Vick more if he did the same to the same amount of human. That would mean kidnapping people's children and torturing folks to death for fun. Yeah you got me there. That would be worse. But I don't want Idi Amin or Pol Pot as quarterback either.

    WSS

    Obviously he'd be locked up/on death row/executed if he did that. Not sure why the smart ass tone though. Did you read my post right?

    @miktoxic said:

    if vick did to humans what he did to dogs he be one of the more prolific serial killers in history.

    Indeed.

    @junkyard-dawg said:

    Yeah I don't really get people using that as justification for Dog Killer. The fact is he didn't kill humans and if he had he wouldn't be in the NFL, he would be on Death Row. To flip their justification: Some people act like Dog Killer was flushing Gold Fish down the toilet or smashing spiders on the wall and NOT torturing and massacring hundreds of dogs like a fucking gutless coward.

    There is that too. I guess my question is then, where should Vick fall between the two extremes? Right where he is today? More or less punishment?

  • Tmi1138

    Sorry no hostility meant.

    WSS

  • Just a hypothetical. Was talking with a buddy a couple of weeks back about this and wondered how you guys felt.

    The genie makes you an offer. We sign Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis and Michael Vick and the Browns will be favored to win the AFC Championship Game. Do you take that deal or do you stand pat?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Just a hypothetical. Was talking with a buddy a couple of weeks back about this and wondered how you guys felt.

    The genie makes you an offer. We sign Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis and Michael Vick and the Browns will be favored to win the AFC Championship Game. Do you take that deal or do you stand pat?

    WSS

    Very good player, was washed up before punching his old lady, old, and fragile/old. I would take the deal if the other three made sure that Adrian Peterson used time outs with his kids so long as he is under contract with the Browns.

  • Tmi1138

    Sorry no hostility meant.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Tmi1138

    Sorry no hostility meant.

    WSS

    No worries. Thanks.

  • I see the AP as much different than the rest , my general answer though is no. Character matters a lot to me when I interview for hiring.

  • Character is only an issue if you think it will affect playing time. Dennis Rodman who was probably one of the most dysfunctional athletes of all time is a hall of fame player because his antics were annoying but didn't affect his production.

  • Character is only an issue if you think it will affect playing time. Dennis Rodman who was probably one of the most dysfunctional athletes of all time is a hall of fame player because his antics were annoying but didn't affect his production.

    @baconhound said:

    Character is only an issue if you think it will affect playing time. Dennis Rodman who was probably one of the most dysfunctional athletes of all time is a hall of fame player because his antics were annoying but didn't affect his production.

    True but Dennis was weird. I don't recall him ever hurting people of animals tho.

  • @baconhound said:

    Character is only an issue if you think it will affect playing time. Dennis Rodman who was probably one of the most dysfunctional athletes of all time is a hall of fame player because his antics were annoying but didn't affect his production.

    True but Dennis was weird. I don't recall him ever hurting people of animals tho.

    @usfbrown said:

    True but Dennis was weird. I don't recall him ever hurting people of animals tho.

    No but he missed practices, showed up late to shoot arounds, wouldn't sit on the bench, lead the league in technicals, etc..

    You get nervous with Gordon, even though I'd keep him, and Suh because they seem prone to losing games for being knuckleheads.

    Character is like moral victories or clubhouse chemistry, not much of a consolation for losing.

  • @usfbrown said:

    True but Dennis was weird. I don't recall him ever hurting people of animals tho.

    No but he missed practices, showed up late to shoot arounds, wouldn't sit on the bench, lead the league in technicals, etc..

    You get nervous with Gordon, even though I'd keep him, and Suh because they seem prone to losing games for being knuckleheads.

    Character is like moral victories or clubhouse chemistry, not much of a consolation for losing.

    @baconhound said:

    No but he missed practices, showed up late to shoot arounds, wouldn't sit on the bench, lead the league in technicals, etc..

    You get nervous with Gordon, even though I'd keep him, and Suh because they seem prone to losing games for being knuckleheads.

    Character is like moral victories or clubhouse chemistry, not much of a consolation for losing.

    Ah! That is bad. Didn't know that about him.

  • @baconhound said:

    No but he missed practices, showed up late to shoot arounds, wouldn't sit on the bench, lead the league in technicals, etc..

    You get nervous with Gordon, even though I'd keep him, and Suh because they seem prone to losing games for being knuckleheads.

    Character is like moral victories or clubhouse chemistry, not much of a consolation for losing.

    Ah! That is bad. Didn't know that about him.

    @usfbrown said:

    Ah! That is bad. Didn't know that about him.

    Yeah but you had a strong leader in Phil Jackson who kept the nonsense from hurting the on the court performance.

    I believe under Bob Hill at San Antonio prior to Chicago it didn't work.

    I've got faith that Pettine is kind of a badass but the question is does his lack of NFL success hurt his ability to pull Gordon aside and say, "you're taking plays off and pouting, I'll take some of it if you know what the fuck you are doing and dominate when needed" aka "be Randy Moss"

  • I could deal with the woman beater, the child abuser, and the murderer....but not the dog killer.

    @lodilobo said:

    I could deal with the woman beater, the child abuser, and the murderer....but not the dog killer.

    "That's the thing you gotta remember about WASPs. They love animals, but they can't stand people."

    - Gordon Gekko, Wall Street

  • @baconhound said:

    No but he missed practices, showed up late to shoot arounds, wouldn't sit on the bench, lead the league in technicals, etc..

    You get nervous with Gordon, even though I'd keep him, and Suh because they seem prone to losing games for being knuckleheads.

    Character is like moral victories or clubhouse chemistry, not much of a consolation for losing.

    Ah! That is bad. Didn't know that about him.

    @usfbrown said:

    Ah! That is bad. Didn't know that about him.

    You believe anything that dickhead says ???

    WSS

  • @usfbrown said:

    Ah! That is bad. Didn't know that about him.

    You believe anything that dickhead says ???

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    You believe anything that dickhead says ???

    WSS

    Do you own a TV?

    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/6854942/dennis-rodman-addition-put-bulls-top

    oh wait, no, facts, oh shit now it's time to call me names.

  • @lodilobo said:

    I could deal with the woman beater, the child abuser, and the murderer....but not the dog killer.

    "That's the thing you gotta remember about WASPs. They love animals, but they can't stand people."

    - Gordon Gekko, Wall Street

    @erniecamacho84 said:

    "That's the thing you gotta remember about WASPs. They love animals, but they can't stand people."

    - Gordon Gekko, Wall Street

    Sarcasm....ever hear of it?

  • @westside-steve said:

    You believe anything that dickhead says ???

    WSS

    Do you own a TV?

    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/6854942/dennis-rodman-addition-put-bulls-top

    oh wait, no, facts, oh shit now it's time to call me names.

    @baconhound said:

    Do you own a TV?

    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/6854942/dennis-rodman-addition-put-bulls-top

    oh wait, no, facts, oh shit now it's time to call me names.

    That's a fact when it comes to dealing with trolls.

    WSS

  • @baconhound said:

    Do you own a TV?

    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/6854942/dennis-rodman-addition-put-bulls-top

    oh wait, no, facts, oh shit now it's time to call me names.

    That's a fact when it comes to dealing with trolls.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    That's a fact when it comes to dealing with trolls.

    WSS

    Got me!

  • The good example regarding character in the 2015 draft is Dorial Green-Beckham.

    Top-5 talent, Aaron Hernandez attitude.

  • The good example regarding character in the 2015 draft is Dorial Green-Beckham.

    Top-5 talent, Aaron Hernandez attitude.

    @unsympathetic said:

    The good example regarding character in the 2015 draft is Dorial Green-Beckham.

    Top-5 talent, Aaron Hernandez attitude.

    Exactly...

    After the fiasco of Josh Gordon and Johnny Fucking Football, it's hard to imagine the solution being Winston and Green-Beckham.....

    Yet, some are suggesting it....hahaha

  • @westside-steve said:

    That's a fact when it comes to dealing with trolls.

    WSS

    Got me!

    @baconhound said:

    Got me!

    Could be I have you confused with somebody else.

    WSS