Dick LeBeau resigns
-
Every last bit od the above is 100% your opinion, not one iota is backed up with statisitcal fact or intelligent deduction. If we are talking the NFL in the hear and now I can guarantee I know more than you. If we are going to go back to the 50's and 60's well befor I was born you win. The steelers have the least talent in the afcn?I know you aren't missing my point Gipper. I don't believe you know much of anything outside of the browns and even then I think your current knowledge is spotty at best.
I will put my knowledge up against yours any day.
You use google to create arguments for yourself especially when it comes to the steelers because you don't know enough about the team to speak intelligently otherwise.
I know this much about the Steelers:
A. They have THE stupidest fan base in the NFL. A fan base that does not really deserve the quality of the management that team has exhibited over the years. The ignorance is palpable every time one of you posts.
B. Taking each individual position.....they have the least talent in the AFCN.....but:
C. They make up for that lack of overall individual talent by having had the best talent in the division at one or two of the most crucial position....and also:
D. They have had for a decade or more one of the greatest assistant coaches in the history of the league.... who has been able to shape questionable talent and make it good and good talent and make it great....but now he is gone.
E. They have had stability in their organization due to ownership and management that have allowed them to be competitive on a high level.
I am sure I could go into specific details about all of the above...but I don't want to take the time to do so.
Please highlight all the faulty information I've provided here, instead of talking out of your ass. I will wait...
I don't know and I don't care about whatever faulty information you may or may not have. You can stand there and pick your nose until you become a skeleton for all I care.
Though I do wonder why you feel that one needs National Security Clearance to get you to answer a very simple question....which I am doing now for the third time.......where do you get your information?
(I suspect I know the answer: Google)
First and for most they have the best in the division at three vital offensive positions. Qb, wr, HB and none are debatable and you dislike the fan base because the bandwagon otherwise your comment is stupidly misguided. A talentless team doesn't go 11-5 just because of their qb.
And I get my info from my primary steeler site, local rags, twitter and reddit but once again that's not my point. I don't believe you are capable of debating a lot of current NFL topics without google researching it all ahead of time. It doesn't exist in your memory bank ahead of time.
Every last bit od the above is 100% your opinion, not one iota is backed up with statisitcal fact or intelligent deduction. If we are talking the NFL in the hear and now I can guarantee I know more than you. If we are going to go back to the 50's and 60's well befor I was born you win.
The steelers have the least talent in the afcn?
Yes.....overall, they do.
First and for most they have the best in the division at three vital offensive positions. Qb, wr, HB and none are debatable
I would say yes, they do have the best at 2 of those positions. WR is debatable. If/when Josh Gordon doesn't have his head up his ass....he has more talent than Brown (having talent and using it are two different things....but that was not the question...Gordon more talent....Brown more production). Gordon did as much in 14 games last year as Brown did in 16 this year....and he didn't have BR throwing to him...he had Weeden and Campbell.
and you dislike the fan base because the bandwagon otherwise your comment is stupidly misguided.
I have had 50 years of experience at Steeler fan ignorance. There is nothing misguided there...at all.
A talentless team doesn't go 11-5 just because of their qb.
I didn't claim they were talentless.....just that they have less talent overall than the Browns/Ravens/Bengals. And while their talent doesn't completely suck...there is slightly less of it.....and absolutely a team with a more talented QB CAN and have been better than other teams with more overall talent.
If you are so confident in your talent.....lets trade BR for Brian Hoyer straight up.....and see where that gets us.
And I get my info from my primary steeler site, local rags, twitter and reddit but once again that's not my point.
And how do you get to those sites? You use an internet search engine....be it Google or Yahoo or Bing or any any number of other fucking search engine......are you really this fucking clueless?
I don't believe you are capable of debating a lot of current NFL topics without google researching it all ahead of time. It doesn't exist in your memory bank ahead of time.
I have and do debate current NFL topics....all the time......what forum have you been logging onto? Your knowledge doesn't amount to the lint in my navel compared to me.
Like I said: years of experience dealing with ignorant Steeler fans.......I actually do wish that was a memory that I did not have.
-
Plus the Steelers impeccable draft record has left him with garbage to work with. J. Jones looks like a bust. Troy and Ike are not the players they used to be.
Jarvis Jones started as a rookie in an complex defense and then broke his wrist this season. How exactly does that make him a bust? We have one first round miss over the last ten years and that's Ziggy hood and he still wasn't terrible. Mendenhall is a fringe because he did have a couple solid seasons. Roddy white must have been a bust because he didn't do anything until his 3rd year. Vontae Davis must have been a bust because he wasn't terrific in Miami. Aquib talib must have been a bust because he didn't turn it on until he was in new england. Keenan lewis must be a bust because it took him until his contract year to have a good season. Jamie Collins got traded to the patriots for a song. I could probably go for another ten minutes. Jarvis Jones hasn't had the opportunity to play a full season while understanding the nuances of professional football. Get real.
Jarvis Jones started as a rookie in an complex defense and then broke his wrist this season. How exactly does that make him a bust? We have one first round miss over the last ten years and that's Ziggy hood and he still wasn't terrible. Mendenhall is a fringe because he did have a couple solid seasons. Roddy white must have been a bust because he didn't do anything until his 3rd year. Vontae Davis must have been a bust because he wasn't terrific in Miami. Aquib talib must have been a bust because he didn't turn it on until he was in new england. Keenan lewis must be a bust because it took him until his contract year to have a good season. Jamie Collins got traded to the patriots for a song. I could probably go for another ten minutes. Jarvis Jones hasn't had the opportunity to play a full season while understanding the nuances of professional football. Get real.
Thank you for the information Mrs. Jones!

-
Zombo said:
One of the owners?
There is only one owner, and he hates you.
I think you have been duped, son.
Zombo
Meh, doesn't matter his position as I have several very civil conversations with people via pm mostly because this place is so full of mindless forum shitter uppers.
Meh, doesn't matter his position as I have several very civil conversations with people via pm mostly because this place is so full of mindless forum shitter uppers.
Stan is the owner. And I am always pleased to have a civil conversation with you.
But you think everything the Steelers always does is the best.....it isn't.
And you often can be clueless, arrogant, and stupid.
.....and by the way....that is me being civil......as it is intended to be constructive toward you.
Just as an example......go to my preseason thread where I did compare all the starters at each position in the AFCN.
I ranked them 1 through 4. The Steelers had the fewest #1 ranked positions....and the most #4 ranked positions.
I would have to go back and review that now with the hindsight of the season just passed and see how each performed.
The Steelers would probably do better. Yes....due to Gordon's issues, Brown would surpass him, certainly.
Due to Mack's injury Pouncey would be tops in performance. Those two off the top of my head I give you.
(like I said, I would have to go back and look at the entire analysis....using hindsight).
-
Also Mrs. Jones, in today's salary cap era, a team can't wait 3-4 years for a young talent to develop. That's been part of the problem with LeBeau's supposed complex defense, rookies don't see the field until year 2. This has resulted in LeBeau wanting to hold onto OLD players who are past their prime, but know the defense. If the D is too hard to learn, then either find an easier scheme or draft smarter players.
-
Meh, doesn't matter his position as I have several very civil conversations with people via pm mostly because this place is so full of mindless forum shitter uppers.
Stan is the owner. And I am always pleased to have a civil conversation with you.
But you think everything the Steelers always does is the best.....it isn't.
And you often can be clueless, arrogant, and stupid.
.....and by the way....that is me being civil......as it is intended to be constructive toward you.
Just as an example......go to my preseason thread where I did compare all the starters at each position in the AFCN.
I ranked them 1 through 4. The Steelers had the fewest #1 ranked positions....and the most #4 ranked positions.
I would have to go back and review that now with the hindsight of the season just passed and see how each performed.
The Steelers would probably do better. Yes....due to Gordon's issues, Brown would surpass him, certainly.
Due to Mack's injury Pouncey would be tops in performance. Those two off the top of my head I give you.
(like I said, I would have to go back and look at the entire analysis....using hindsight).
But you think everything the Steelers always does is the best.....it isn't.
And you often can be clueless, arrogant, and stupid.
Those are the ones I call a STILLER FAN. No matter what, the "Stillers WAY" is right. I think there are some that still BELIEVE that the "Stillers can still somehow win this year's Super Bowl. I'm from near Pittsburgh. I am a Steeler fan and love my Steelers, but will be the first to point out the flaws and problems with the team. If you state something constructive about their team, it's like you assaulted a family member. YOI and DOUBLE YOI. I'm sure you have those in Cleveland too.
And don't get me going about a stupid sacred towel!
-
I am reprinting this from my preseason thread, with the blue my current observations.
Per Ourlads, here are the people that are slated as being starters for every position on the field among AFCN teams. You have eachposition, and each team's starter in alphabetical order of the team. First name on each list is the player from Baltimore, then Cincy, then Cleveland, then Pittsburgh.
Please state how you think these players rank from 1-4:
OFFENSE First. Defense on next post.
My effort at ranking them, though I don't know the qualities of every single player
LWR...Torrey Smith---2.....AJ Green---1.....Andrew Hawkins--t3.....Markus Wheaton--t3
I think I got this one pretty right on.
RWR...Steve Smith--4.....Mohamed Sanu--3.....Josh Gordon--1.....Antonio Brown---2
(yes, Gordon being gone will elevate the others and put whomever the Browns have down to #4
This too basically....noting that Gordon was out (even when in....I leave him at 4 for last year. Steve Smith would change places with Sanu.
LT...Eugene Monroe--3.....Andrew Whitworth--2.....Joe Thomas--1.....Kelvin Beachum--4
No Change IMO
LG...Kelechi Osemeli--2.....Trey Hopkins--1....Joel Bitonio--4.....Ramon Foster--3
(any rookie starter gets the #4 slot until proven)
Bitonio proved it.....should probably be elevated to #1
C...Jeremy Zuttah--4.....Trevor Robinson--3.....Alex Mack--1....Maurkice Pouncey--2
Mack injury elevated Pouncey
RG...Marshall Yanda--1.....Kevin Zeitler--2.....John Greco--t3.....David DeCastro--t3
I might give you DeCastro moving up to #2.
RT...Ricky Wagner.....Andre Smith.....Mitchell Schwartz.....Marcus Gilbert Dead even across the board, I am not sure how these stack up
No change here....still no clear cut favorite after the season imo
TE...Dennis Pitta--2.....Tyler Eifert--4.....Jordan Cameron--1.....Heath Miller--3
What happened to Gresham...did he go elsewhere? Sure, Miller used to be up there...not now.
I give Miller the top spot...production wise out of default because everyone else was injured much of the year. (not current talent, but 2014 production)
QB...Joe Flacco--2.....Andy Dalton--3.....Brian Hoyer--4.....Ben Roethlisberger--1
No change, not really.
FB...Kyle Juszczyc.....Nikita Whitlock.....Chris Ogbannaya.....Will Johnson again, dead even across the board
Juszczyc gets the top nod. Oby didn't even stick with the Browns.
RB.....Ray Rice--4.....Giovanni Bernard--2.....Ben Tate--1.....Leveon Bell--3
Rice, like Heath Miller is a "used to be"
Big miss here....Only Bell was his teams featured back.....and gets elevated to #1.
-
DE...Brandon Williams.....Carlos Dunlap.....Aytahba Rubin.....Cam Thomas
Give tie for 1 to Rubin/Dunlap....then Williams and Thomas tie for 3rd
I think Williams had the most productive season...give him the #1 spot.
NT...Halati Ngata-1.....Domata Peko-3.....Phil Taylor-2.....Steve McClendon-4
Position in flux. Taylor hurt, Peko hurt and benched...Ngata still #1....but exposed as a roider. McClendon about to retire?
DE...Chris Canty--t3.....Wallace Gilberry-1.....Desmond Bryant--2....Cameron Heyward--t3
I doubt that this would stay the same...some alterations could be made....but not sure where I would make them.
OLB...Terrell Suggs--1.....Jason Dimanche--4.....Paul Kruger--2.....Jason Worilds--3
No Change here.
ILB...C.J. Mosley--t3.....Brandon Thompson--1.....Craig Robertson--2.....Ryan Shazier--t3
As noted, Rookies right now get last place. I admit that by the middle of the year Mosley and Shazier may rise to the top of this heap.
Mosley did rise to top imo.
ILB...Daryl Smith--4.....Rey Maualuga--2.....Karlos Dansby--1.....Lawrence Timmons--3
No major change.....might switch Timmons and Maualaga
OLB...Elvis Dumerville--1.....Vontaze Burfict--2.....Jabal Sheard--3.....Jarvis Jones--4
No Change.
LCB...Ladarius Webb--3.....Terence Newman--2.....Joe Haden--1.....Allen Carter--4
No change
SS...Matt Elam--2.....George Iloka--4....Donte Whitner--1.....Troy Polamalu--3
Polamalu relying now on guile and reputation.
No change
FS...Darian Stewart.....Reggie Nelson.....Tashaun Gipson.....Mike Mitchell another 4 way tie...vary little variance...maybe Nelso on top.
Tashaun on top.....is proving to be potential All Pro caliber.
RCB...Jimmy Smith-1.....Adam Jones-2.....Justin Gilbert-4.....Ike Taylor-3
I think Gilbert has a chance to jump to the top of this fairly mediocre lot.
Got that wrong. Have to replace Gilbert with Skrine. Put Skrine at 3, Taylor at 4.
P...Sam Koch.....Quinn Sharp.....Spencer Lanning.....Brad Wing 4 way tie? No change
K...Justin Tucker.-1....Mike Nugent-3.....Billy Cundiff-4.....Shaun Suisham-2 No change
PR...Jacoby Jones-3.....Brandon Tate-4.....Travis Benjamin-1.....Antonio Brown-2 Delete Benjamin altogether, very disappointing. Elevate the others....leave the Browns spot vacant....as they didn have a PR.
KR...Jacoby Jones-1.....Brandon Tate-2.....Skrine/Hawkins.....Markus Wheaton last two tie for 3
Browns in last place here.....did any of these teams have a decent KR?
Blue= postseason views.
-
Meh, doesn't matter his position as I have several very civil conversations with people via pm mostly because this place is so full of mindless forum shitter uppers.
Stan is the owner. And I am always pleased to have a civil conversation with you.
But you think everything the Steelers always does is the best.....it isn't.
And you often can be clueless, arrogant, and stupid.
.....and by the way....that is me being civil......as it is intended to be constructive toward you.
Just as an example......go to my preseason thread where I did compare all the starters at each position in the AFCN.
I ranked them 1 through 4. The Steelers had the fewest #1 ranked positions....and the most #4 ranked positions.
I would have to go back and review that now with the hindsight of the season just passed and see how each performed.
The Steelers would probably do better. Yes....due to Gordon's issues, Brown would surpass him, certainly.
Due to Mack's injury Pouncey would be tops in performance. Those two off the top of my head I give you.
(like I said, I would have to go back and look at the entire analysis....using hindsight).
Gipper I'd much rather be civil than hostile and I offer my opinion just as you offer yours. Your preseason thread was also your opinion and of course I'm going to be the "homeiest" of homers here because people routinely resort to baseless criticism of the steelers or personal attacks on me. Neither of which bother me, if they did I'd have left a long time ago.Stan is the owner. And I am always pleased to have a civil conversation with you.
But you think everything the Steelers always does is the best.....it isn't.
And you often can be clueless, arrogant, and stupid.
.....and by the way....that is me being civil......as it is intended to be constructive toward you.
Just as an example......go to my preseason thread where I did compare all the starters at each position in the AFCN.
I ranked them 1 through 4. The Steelers had the fewest #1 ranked positions....and the most #4 ranked positions.
I would have to go back and review that now with the hindsight of the season just passed and see how each performed.
The Steelers would probably do better. Yes....due to Gordon's issues, Brown would surpass him, certainly.
Due to Mack's injury Pouncey would be tops in performance. Those two off the top of my head I give you.
(like I said, I would have to go back and look at the entire analysis....using hindsight).
-
Gipper I'd much rather be civil than hostile and I offer my opinion just as you offer yours. Your preseason thread was also your opinion and of course I'm going to be the "homeiest" of homers here because people routinely resort to baseless criticism of the steelers or personal attacks on me. Neither of which bother me, if they did I'd have left a long time ago.Stan is the owner. And I am always pleased to have a civil conversation with you.
But you think everything the Steelers always does is the best.....it isn't.
And you often can be clueless, arrogant, and stupid.
.....and by the way....that is me being civil......as it is intended to be constructive toward you.
Just as an example......go to my preseason thread where I did compare all the starters at each position in the AFCN.
I ranked them 1 through 4. The Steelers had the fewest #1 ranked positions....and the most #4 ranked positions.
I would have to go back and review that now with the hindsight of the season just passed and see how each performed.
The Steelers would probably do better. Yes....due to Gordon's issues, Brown would surpass him, certainly.
Due to Mack's injury Pouncey would be tops in performance. Those two off the top of my head I give you.
(like I said, I would have to go back and look at the entire analysis....using hindsight).
Gipper I'd much rather be civil than hostile and I offer my opinion just as you offer yours. Your preseason thread was also your opinion and of course I'm going to be the "homeiest" of homers here because people routinely resort to baseless criticism of the steelers or personal attacks on me. Neither of which bother me, if they did I'd have left a long time ago.
In my preseason thread I offered my opinion in later posts only after my initial posts simply listed the projected starters at each position for each AFCN team. You and everyone else was invited to give your own opinions and rankings as well. I don't know if you did that or not.
Note above my postseason assessments. You are welcome to give yours as well. Each team had some players elevated, and some demoted. After the season I was able to assess the performance of some of the rookies. Some rated very well (CJ Mosley, Bitonio etc.) A few others didn't pan out (Justin Gilbert).
As noted, injuries affected some areas big time. (center, TE, DT). Some teams had other players replace the starters that were originally listed. (example....I believe your Martavis Bryant passed Wheaton on the depth chart no?)
My only bad miss really was with Ben Tate who turned out to be a disappointment. I still think he is talented....he is just a knucklehead....and that can hurt a player worse than injury.
Big plusses for Browns were Bitonio and Gipson. Big minuses not injury based were Tate, Gordon...temporarily hopefully, Gilbert maybe....but really Ourlads should probably have not listed him as the starter as a rookie, Travis Benjamin as returner.
You can tell us where the Steelers had their plusses and minuses.
-
We've been wiping our ass with the browns. Grabbed your token win this season.
You lost to the browns two seasons ago. You lost to the browns last year and barely snuck by in the first meeting. If we're living in the past the browns have been wiping their ass with the steelers. In the 80s.
-
We've been wiping our ass with the browns. Grabbed your token win this season.
You lost to the browns two seasons ago. You lost to the browns last year and barely snuck by in the first meeting. If we're living in the past the browns have been wiping their ass with the steelers. In the 80s.
You lost to the browns two seasons ago. You lost to the browns last year and barely snuck by in the first meeting. If we're living in the past the browns have been wiping their ass with the steelers. In the 80s.
And you finished last in the division. Your offensive coordinator bailed because he can't stand your qb options and you have a qb controversy with the second in command having yet to prove he's even a franchise qb. The Steelers won the division, finished 11-5. Ben tied the league lead for passing yards and Brown and Bell were co offensive players of the year.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7728839.html
-
You lost to the browns two seasons ago. You lost to the browns last year and barely snuck by in the first meeting. If we're living in the past the browns have been wiping their ass with the steelers. In the 80s.
And you finished last in the division. Your offensive coordinator bailed because he can't stand your qb options and you have a qb controversy with the second in command having yet to prove he's even a franchise qb. The Steelers won the division, finished 11-5. Ben tied the league lead for passing yards and Brown and Bell were co offensive players of the year.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7728839.html
And you finished last in the division. Your offensive coordinator bailed because he can't stand your qb options and you have a qb controversy with the second in command having yet to prove he's even a franchise qb. The Steelers won the division, finished 11-5. Ben tied the league lead for passing yards and Brown and Bell were co offensive players of the year.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7728839.html
And your fat asses will be at home watching the SB like the rest of the division.. so what?
-
You lost to the browns two seasons ago. You lost to the browns last year and barely snuck by in the first meeting. If we're living in the past the browns have been wiping their ass with the steelers. In the 80s.
And you finished last in the division. Your offensive coordinator bailed because he can't stand your qb options and you have a qb controversy with the second in command having yet to prove he's even a franchise qb. The Steelers won the division, finished 11-5. Ben tied the league lead for passing yards and Brown and Bell were co offensive players of the year.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7728839.html
And you finished last in the division. Your offensive coordinator bailed because he can't stand your qb options and you have a qb controversy with the second in command having yet to prove he's even a franchise qb. The Steelers won the division, finished 11-5. Ben tied the league lead for passing yards and Brown and Bell were co offensive players of the year.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7728839.html
Yes, Your QB is far better than our QB......who the fuck ever said otherwise. And our other two supposed to skill players.....who very well may be as talented as yours.....became fucking idiots with their professional and personal lives.
That seems to be a Browns curse: can't ever get a decent QB even after drafting 4 of them in the first round....and other talented players screw the pooch.
Again....you are simply, purely a lucky fanbase....and a stupid fan base for not realizing it. (maybe you do....most of your ilk do not)
(and it not like you didn't have your problems at the QB position for a while....Malone, Brister, Tomscak, Stewart, Maddox....hardley better than the group we have had....only O'Donnell was decent....and yinzers ran him out out town).
-
And you finished last in the division. Your offensive coordinator bailed because he can't stand your qb options and you have a qb controversy with the second in command having yet to prove he's even a franchise qb. The Steelers won the division, finished 11-5. Ben tied the league lead for passing yards and Brown and Bell were co offensive players of the year.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7728839.html
Yes, Your QB is far better than our QB......who the fuck ever said otherwise. And our other two supposed to skill players.....who very well may be as talented as yours.....became fucking idiots with their professional and personal lives.
That seems to be a Browns curse: can't ever get a decent QB even after drafting 4 of them in the first round....and other talented players screw the pooch.
Again....you are simply, purely a lucky fanbase....and a stupid fan base for not realizing it. (maybe you do....most of your ilk do not)
(and it not like you didn't have your problems at the QB position for a while....Malone, Brister, Tomscak, Stewart, Maddox....hardley better than the group we have had....only O'Donnell was decent....and yinzers ran him out out town).
Its not luck Gipper. Are we lucky as fans in Pittsburgh, absofuckinglutley. I'd go as far as saying and I have said it elsewhere that we are spoiled rotten. If a player doesn't come right in and set the world on fire fans in Pittsburgh are ready to label the player a bust. Polamalu used to be bustamalu, people were saying bell was made of glass. Its not ignorance as much as its ridiculously high expectations because the steelers have put a top tier product on the field consistently.Yes, Your QB is far better than our QB......who the fuck ever said otherwise. And our other two supposed to skill players.....who very well may be as talented as yours.....became fucking idiots with their professional and personal lives.
That seems to be a Browns curse: can't ever get a decent QB even after drafting 4 of them in the first round....and other talented players screw the pooch.
Again....you are simply, purely a lucky fanbase....and a stupid fan base for not realizing it. (maybe you do....most of your ilk do not)
(and it not like you didn't have your problems at the QB position for a while....Malone, Brister, Tomscak, Stewart, Maddox....hardley better than the group we have had....only O'Donnell was decent....and yinzers ran him out out town).
All of which brings me to your luck statement. The Steelers do their due diligence with players from bothnthe skills stand point and the character stand point. Josh Gordon was in the supplemental draft for a reason. Johnny manziel was the most talked about quarterback in this last draft for a reason and it wasn't evidence of undeniable NFL tools. The steelers don't draft these players, Holmes stepped out and was cut. Roethlisberger would have met similar fate if he were convicted or charged with rape. (A case before anyone says anything that held ZERO water)
The browns gamble to make up for their piss poor drafts and it comes back and bites them in the ass.
Edit: Kordell Stewart was a good quarterback before his head got the best of him.
-
Its not luck Gipper. Are we lucky as fans in Pittsburgh, absofuckinglutley. I'd go as far as saying and I have said it elsewhere that we are spoiled rotten. If a player doesn't come right in and set the world on fire fans in Pittsburgh are ready to label the player a bust. Polamalu used to be bustamalu, people were saying bell was made of glass. Its not ignorance as much as its ridiculously high expectations because the steelers have put a top tier product on the field consistently.Yes, Your QB is far better than our QB......who the fuck ever said otherwise. And our other two supposed to skill players.....who very well may be as talented as yours.....became fucking idiots with their professional and personal lives.
That seems to be a Browns curse: can't ever get a decent QB even after drafting 4 of them in the first round....and other talented players screw the pooch.
Again....you are simply, purely a lucky fanbase....and a stupid fan base for not realizing it. (maybe you do....most of your ilk do not)
(and it not like you didn't have your problems at the QB position for a while....Malone, Brister, Tomscak, Stewart, Maddox....hardley better than the group we have had....only O'Donnell was decent....and yinzers ran him out out town).
All of which brings me to your luck statement. The Steelers do their due diligence with players from bothnthe skills stand point and the character stand point. Josh Gordon was in the supplemental draft for a reason. Johnny manziel was the most talked about quarterback in this last draft for a reason and it wasn't evidence of undeniable NFL tools. The steelers don't draft these players, Holmes stepped out and was cut. Roethlisberger would have met similar fate if he were convicted or charged with rape. (A case before anyone says anything that held ZERO water)
The browns gamble to make up for their piss poor drafts and it comes back and bites them in the ass.
Edit: Kordell Stewart was a good quarterback before his head got the best of him.
Its not luck Gipper. Are we lucky as fans in Pittsburgh, absofuckinglutley.
I never said it was luck that the organization is successful. Yes, I said that fans in Pittsburgh are lucky.....so at least you acknowledge that I am right.
I'd go as far as saying and I have said it elsewhere that we are spoiled rotten.
Do you think that contributes to their overall ignorance? Maybe
If a player doesn't come right in and set the world on fire fans in Pittsburgh are ready to label the player a bust. Polamalu used to be bustamalu, people were saying bell was made of glass. Its not ignorance as much as its ridiculously high expectations because the steelers have put a top tier product on the field consistently.
All of which brings me to your luck statement. See here, you are probably going to try to say that I said something that I didn't say......I didn't say the Steelers were lucky. The Steelers do their due diligence with players from bothnthe skills stand point and the character stand point. Josh Gordon was in the supplemental draft for a reason. Johnny manziel was the most talked about quarterback in this last draft for a reason and it wasn't evidence of undeniable NFL tools. The steelers don't draft these players, Holmes stepped out and was cut. Roethlisberger would have met similar fate if he were convicted or charged with rape. (A case before anyone says anything that held ZERO water)
Well, you kinda got lucky then, didn't you.
Gordon smoked a little dope maybe...and drank a beer. He is going to get nearly 2 years suspended for that.......BR may in fact have sexually assaulted a person.....it could have gone either way perhaps.....but he gets a slap on the wrist in comparison....THAT is lucky.
The browns gamble to make up for their piss poor drafts and it comes back and bites them in the ass.
Probably a fair statement.
Edit: Kordell Stewart was a good quarterback before his head got the best of him.
Uh, not that good. No, not really. For what its worth.....his career passer rating was 70.7. Brian Hoyer has a 76.8 passer rating. So he doesn't measure up even to that.
-
Its not luck Gipper. Are we lucky as fans in Pittsburgh, absofuckinglutley.
I never said it was luck that the organization is successful. Yes, I said that fans in Pittsburgh are lucky.....so at least you acknowledge that I am right.
I'd go as far as saying and I have said it elsewhere that we are spoiled rotten.
Do you think that contributes to their overall ignorance? Maybe
If a player doesn't come right in and set the world on fire fans in Pittsburgh are ready to label the player a bust. Polamalu used to be bustamalu, people were saying bell was made of glass. Its not ignorance as much as its ridiculously high expectations because the steelers have put a top tier product on the field consistently.
All of which brings me to your luck statement. See here, you are probably going to try to say that I said something that I didn't say......I didn't say the Steelers were lucky. The Steelers do their due diligence with players from bothnthe skills stand point and the character stand point. Josh Gordon was in the supplemental draft for a reason. Johnny manziel was the most talked about quarterback in this last draft for a reason and it wasn't evidence of undeniable NFL tools. The steelers don't draft these players, Holmes stepped out and was cut. Roethlisberger would have met similar fate if he were convicted or charged with rape. (A case before anyone says anything that held ZERO water)
Well, you kinda got lucky then, didn't you.
Gordon smoked a little dope maybe...and drank a beer. He is going to get nearly 2 years suspended for that.......BR may in fact have sexually assaulted a person.....it could have gone either way perhaps.....but he gets a slap on the wrist in comparison....THAT is lucky.
The browns gamble to make up for their piss poor drafts and it comes back and bites them in the ass.
Probably a fair statement.
Edit: Kordell Stewart was a good quarterback before his head got the best of him.
Uh, not that good. No, not really. For what its worth.....his career passer rating was 70.7. Brian Hoyer has a 76.8 passer rating. So he doesn't measure up even to that.
Brian hoyer was a spot starter until this season and his passer rating and completion percentage were not good. Kordell also had some bad seasons with other teams.Its not luck Gipper. Are we lucky as fans in Pittsburgh, absofuckinglutley.
I never said it was luck that the organization is successful. Yes, I said that fans in Pittsburgh are lucky.....so at least you acknowledge that I am right.
I'd go as far as saying and I have said it elsewhere that we are spoiled rotten.
Do you think that contributes to their overall ignorance? Maybe
If a player doesn't come right in and set the world on fire fans in Pittsburgh are ready to label the player a bust. Polamalu used to be bustamalu, people were saying bell was made of glass. Its not ignorance as much as its ridiculously high expectations because the steelers have put a top tier product on the field consistently.
All of which brings me to your luck statement. See here, you are probably going to try to say that I said something that I didn't say......I didn't say the Steelers were lucky. The Steelers do their due diligence with players from bothnthe skills stand point and the character stand point. Josh Gordon was in the supplemental draft for a reason. Johnny manziel was the most talked about quarterback in this last draft for a reason and it wasn't evidence of undeniable NFL tools. The steelers don't draft these players, Holmes stepped out and was cut. Roethlisberger would have met similar fate if he were convicted or charged with rape. (A case before anyone says anything that held ZERO water)
Well, you kinda got lucky then, didn't you.
Gordon smoked a little dope maybe...and drank a beer. He is going to get nearly 2 years suspended for that.......BR may in fact have sexually assaulted a person.....it could have gone either way perhaps.....but he gets a slap on the wrist in comparison....THAT is lucky.
The browns gamble to make up for their piss poor drafts and it comes back and bites them in the ass.
Probably a fair statement.
Edit: Kordell Stewart was a good quarterback before his head got the best of him.
Uh, not that good. No, not really. For what its worth.....his career passer rating was 70.7. Brian Hoyer has a 76.8 passer rating. So he doesn't measure up even to that.
Kordell was the AFC offensive player of the year in 2001. He was also in the pro bowl. He had a couple good seasons in Pittsburgh and was true duel threat. His head got in the way.
-
Brian hoyer was a spot starter until this season and his passer rating and completion percentage were not good. Kordell also had some bad seasons with other teams.Its not luck Gipper. Are we lucky as fans in Pittsburgh, absofuckinglutley.
I never said it was luck that the organization is successful. Yes, I said that fans in Pittsburgh are lucky.....so at least you acknowledge that I am right.
I'd go as far as saying and I have said it elsewhere that we are spoiled rotten.
Do you think that contributes to their overall ignorance? Maybe
If a player doesn't come right in and set the world on fire fans in Pittsburgh are ready to label the player a bust. Polamalu used to be bustamalu, people were saying bell was made of glass. Its not ignorance as much as its ridiculously high expectations because the steelers have put a top tier product on the field consistently.
All of which brings me to your luck statement. See here, you are probably going to try to say that I said something that I didn't say......I didn't say the Steelers were lucky. The Steelers do their due diligence with players from bothnthe skills stand point and the character stand point. Josh Gordon was in the supplemental draft for a reason. Johnny manziel was the most talked about quarterback in this last draft for a reason and it wasn't evidence of undeniable NFL tools. The steelers don't draft these players, Holmes stepped out and was cut. Roethlisberger would have met similar fate if he were convicted or charged with rape. (A case before anyone says anything that held ZERO water)
Well, you kinda got lucky then, didn't you.
Gordon smoked a little dope maybe...and drank a beer. He is going to get nearly 2 years suspended for that.......BR may in fact have sexually assaulted a person.....it could have gone either way perhaps.....but he gets a slap on the wrist in comparison....THAT is lucky.
The browns gamble to make up for their piss poor drafts and it comes back and bites them in the ass.
Probably a fair statement.
Edit: Kordell Stewart was a good quarterback before his head got the best of him.
Uh, not that good. No, not really. For what its worth.....his career passer rating was 70.7. Brian Hoyer has a 76.8 passer rating. So he doesn't measure up even to that.
Kordell was the AFC offensive player of the year in 2001. He was also in the pro bowl. He had a couple good seasons in Pittsburgh and was true duel threat. His head got in the way.
Brian hoyer was a spot starter until this season and his passer rating and completion percentage were not good. Kordell also and some bad seasons with other teams.
Kordell was the AFC offensive player of the year in 2001. He was also in the pro bowl. He had a couple good seasons in Pittsburgh and was true duel threat. His head got in the way.
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.....that did not make him overall a very good QB. He as much as anyone benefitted from a good Steeler defense.
-
Brian hoyer was a spot starter until this season and his passer rating and completion percentage were not good. Kordell also and some bad seasons with other teams.
Kordell was the AFC offensive player of the year in 2001. He was also in the pro bowl. He had a couple good seasons in Pittsburgh and was true duel threat. His head got in the way.
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.....that did not make him overall a very good QB. He as much as anyone benefitted from a good Steeler defense.
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.....that did not make him overall a very good QB. He as much as anyone benefitted from a good Steeler defense.
Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.
-
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.....that did not make him overall a very good QB. He as much as anyone benefitted from a good Steeler defense.
Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.
Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.
Kordell was pretty darn good IMHO.. I often thought Cowher, tried to make him a different QB than what he actually was, by curtailing his ability to run when he needed...Much like a 3rd base coach does by not giving the "green light" to your base runner.. We often saw that with Jeff Newman, Former Tribe 3rd base coach.. He cost us runs to be scored and victories in the 90's.. IMHO.
-
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.....that did not make him overall a very good QB. He as much as anyone benefitted from a good Steeler defense.
Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.
Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete.
And not a very good QB
Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not.
Right.
He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.
No, but neither were particularly good QBs. Yea, he was Slash, he was Flash....but he was not Cash (as a QB)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login