Skip to content

Dick LeBeau resigns

The Browns Board
136 27 4.7k
  • @vagitron said:

    Brian hoyer was a spot starter until this season and his passer rating and completion percentage were not good. Kordell also and some bad seasons with other teams.

    Kordell was the AFC offensive player of the year in 2001. He was also in the pro bowl. He had a couple good seasons in Pittsburgh and was true duel threat. His head got in the way.

    Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.....that did not make him overall a very good QB. He as much as anyone benefitted from a good Steeler defense.

    @the-gipper said:

    Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.....that did not make him overall a very good QB. He as much as anyone benefitted from a good Steeler defense.

    Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.....that did not make him overall a very good QB. He as much as anyone benefitted from a good Steeler defense.

    Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.

    @vagitron said:

    Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.

    Kordell was pretty darn good IMHO.. I often thought Cowher, tried to make him a different QB than what he actually was, by curtailing his ability to run when he needed...Much like a 3rd base coach does by not giving the "green light" to your base runner.. We often saw that with Jeff Newman, Former Tribe 3rd base coach.. He cost us runs to be scored and victories in the 90's.. IMHO.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl.....that did not make him overall a very good QB. He as much as anyone benefitted from a good Steeler defense.

    Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.

    @vagitron said:

    Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete.

    And not a very good QB

    Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not.

    Right.

    He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.

    No, but neither were particularly good QBs. Yea, he was Slash, he was Flash....but he was not Cash (as a QB)

  • @vagitron said:

    Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.

    Kordell was pretty darn good IMHO.. I often thought Cowher, tried to make him a different QB than what he actually was, by curtailing his ability to run when he needed...Much like a 3rd base coach does by not giving the "green light" to your base runner.. We often saw that with Jeff Newman, Former Tribe 3rd base coach.. He cost us runs to be scored and victories in the 90's.. IMHO.

    @nickers said:

    Kordell was pretty darn good IMHO.. I often thought Cowher, tried to make him a different QB than what he actually was, by curtailing his ability to run when he needed...Much like a 3rd base coach does by not giving the "green light" to your base runner.. We often saw that with Jeff Newman, Former Tribe 3rd base coach.. He cost us runs to be scored and victories in the 90's.. IMHO.

    OK, fair enough.......they tried to fit a square peg in a round hole.

    A lost of these guys can have flashes: Vick, Kordell, RGIII....But none have yet proven to be long term sustained quality.

  • @vagitron said:

    Trent dilfer is completely different than Stewart. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete. Hell he started as a receiver. Dilfer managed the game Stewart did not. He was often times the most electric player on the field. The 97 season he threw for 3000 plus yards and rushed for another 500. His problem was ints. He had 21 TDs in 97 with 17 interceptions but he also rushed for another 11 TDs. He was not Trent Dilfer.

    Kordell was pretty darn good IMHO.. I often thought Cowher, tried to make him a different QB than what he actually was, by curtailing his ability to run when he needed...Much like a 3rd base coach does by not giving the "green light" to your base runner.. We often saw that with Jeff Newman, Former Tribe 3rd base coach.. He cost us runs to be scored and victories in the 90's.. IMHO.

    @nickers said:

    Kordell was pretty darn good IMHO.. I often thought Cowher, tried to make him a different QB than what he actually was, by curtailing his ability to run when he needed...Much like a 3rd base coach does by not giving the "green light" to your base runner.. We often saw that with Jeff Newman, Former Tribe 3rd base coach.. He cost us runs to be scored and victories in the 90's.. IMHO.

    The guys in the park restrooms said he gave good head. I guess he was good at that.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    You lost to the browns two seasons ago. You lost to the browns last year and barely snuck by in the first meeting. If we're living in the past the browns have been wiping their ass with the steelers. In the 80s.

    And you finished last in the division. Your offensive coordinator bailed because he can't stand your qb options and you have a qb controversy with the second in command having yet to prove he's even a franchise qb. The Steelers won the division, finished 11-5. Ben tied the league lead for passing yards and Brown and Bell were co offensive players of the year.

    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7728839.html

    @vagitron said:

    And you finished last in the division. Your offensive coordinator bailed because he can't stand your qb options and you have a qb controversy with the second in command having yet to prove he's even a franchise qb. The Steelers won the division, finished 11-5. Ben tied the league lead for passing yards and Brown and Bell were co offensive players of the year.

    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7728839.html

    I know right? I'm not delusional I know the browns suck. Thank god for the buckeyes. But still the steelers are not wiping their ass with the worst team in the division which means they're not doing so hot.

  • And both the steelers and Penn state are synonymous with sex crimes.

  • @vagitron said:

    And you finished last in the division. Your offensive coordinator bailed because he can't stand your qb options and you have a qb controversy with the second in command having yet to prove he's even a franchise qb. The Steelers won the division, finished 11-5. Ben tied the league lead for passing yards and Brown and Bell were co offensive players of the year.

    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article7728839.html

    I know right? I'm not delusional I know the browns suck. Thank god for the buckeyes. But still the steelers are not wiping their ass with the worst team in the division which means they're not doing so hot.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I know right? I'm not delusional I know the browns suck. Thank god for the buckeyes. But still the steelers are not wiping their ass with the worst team in the division which means they're not doing so hot.

    I'd rather wipe our asses with the good teams and lose to the bad teams then the other way around. We beat the good teams.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I know right? I'm not delusional I know the browns suck. Thank god for the buckeyes. But still the steelers are not wiping their ass with the worst team in the division which means they're not doing so hot.

    I'd rather wipe our asses with the good teams and lose to the bad teams then the other way around. We beat the good teams.

    @vagitron said:

    I'd rather wipe our asses with the good teams and lose to the bad teams then the other way around. We beat the good teams.

    Who?

  • The fact is our division benefited greatly by playing one of the worst divisions in nfl history. All of our divisional records are sort of frauds this year.

  • @vagitron said:

    I'd rather wipe our asses with the good teams and lose to the bad teams then the other way around. We beat the good teams.

    Who?

    @the-gipper said:

    Who?

    Colts, ravens, Bengals twice. Chiefs werent bad this year. We murdered the colts and the ravens (the second time.). Yea cal we did play a weak division but our own division may be the strongest in football so its a bit of a wash.

  • I don't think our division is the strongest in football. The bengals were a fraud. I think the steelers were a bit of a fraud. The ravens are strong and the browns are more or less ass.

  • I don't think our division is the strongest in football. The bengals were a fraud. I think the steelers were a bit of a fraud. The ravens are strong and the browns are more or less ass.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I don't think our division is the strongest in football. The bengals were a fraud. I think the steelers were a bit of a fraud. The ravens are strong and the browns are more or less ass.

    I don't think the Bengals or the ravens were a fraud but they certainly have flaws. I obviously don't think the steelers are a fraud either and the browns are close but maybe less so now because you possibly wasted another first on a qb that might not be worth a damn. Flacco relies too much on bombing the ball deep and hoping for a pass interference call. He did it all year. I read a stat somewhere the confirmed it and he grabbed a couple in the playoff game against the steelers this year. Dalton is also very jekyl and Hyde but neither team are anywhere close to bad. The Steelers just didn't play well in the playoffs but still have some transitions to make...

  • The bengals and the steelers' records will both fall off a bit playing better divisions. The steelers probably less so. I'd put money on the ravens over both those teams.

  • Unless we fix the QB situation, or see Hoyer return to his earlier form with Mack at center, we'll also be hard pressed to improve.

  • The browns aren't going anywhere in 2015

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who?

    Colts, ravens, Bengals twice. Chiefs werent bad this year. We murdered the colts and the ravens (the second time.). Yea cal we did play a weak division but our own division may be the strongest in football so its a bit of a wash.

    @vagitron said:

    Colts, ravens, Bengals twice. Chiefs werent bad this year. We murdered the colts and the ravens (the second time.).

    And how'd that work out the third time?

    at home?

    With the season on the line?

    Zombo

    --Advantage Ravens

  • I don't think our division is the strongest in football. The bengals were a fraud. I think the steelers were a bit of a fraud. The ravens are strong and the browns are more or less ass.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I don't think our division is the strongest in football. The bengals were a fraud. I think the steelers were a bit of a fraud. The ravens are strong and the browns are more or less ass.

    I agree somewhat.....even to the point of believing that the Ravens weren't all that good. Browns coulda beat them twice with any luck.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    I don't think our division is the strongest in football. The bengals were a fraud. I think the steelers were a bit of a fraud. The ravens are strong and the browns are more or less ass.

    I don't think the Bengals or the ravens were a fraud but they certainly have flaws. I obviously don't think the steelers are a fraud either and the browns are close but maybe less so now because you possibly wasted another first on a qb that might not be worth a damn. Flacco relies too much on bombing the ball deep and hoping for a pass interference call. He did it all year. I read a stat somewhere the confirmed it and he grabbed a couple in the playoff game against the steelers this year. Dalton is also very jekyl and Hyde but neither team are anywhere close to bad. The Steelers just didn't play well in the playoffs but still have some transitions to make...

    @vagitron said:

    I don't think the Bengals or the ravens were a fraud but they certainly have flaws. I obviously don't think the steelers are a fraud either and the browns are close but maybe less so now because you possibly wasted another first on a qb that might not be worth a damn. Flacco relies too much on bombing the ball deep and hoping for a pass interference call. He did it all year. I read a stat somewhere the confirmed it and he grabbed a couple in the playoff game against the steelers this year. Dalton is also very jekyl and Hyde but neither team are anywhere close to bad. The Steelers just didn't play well in the playoffs but still have some transitions to make...

    The Steelers may have been the biggest frauds. Their talent doesn't match up to the other 3 teams in the division....except at 2-3 critical spots. Otherwise I think your post is pretty correct.

  • @vagitron said:

    I don't think the Bengals or the ravens were a fraud but they certainly have flaws. I obviously don't think the steelers are a fraud either and the browns are close but maybe less so now because you possibly wasted another first on a qb that might not be worth a damn. Flacco relies too much on bombing the ball deep and hoping for a pass interference call. He did it all year. I read a stat somewhere the confirmed it and he grabbed a couple in the playoff game against the steelers this year. Dalton is also very jekyl and Hyde but neither team are anywhere close to bad. The Steelers just didn't play well in the playoffs but still have some transitions to make...

    The Steelers may have been the biggest frauds. Their talent doesn't match up to the other 3 teams in the division....except at 2-3 critical spots. Otherwise I think your post is pretty correct.

    @the-gipper said:

    The Steelers may have been the biggest frauds. Their talent doesn't match up to the other 3 teams in the division....except at 2-3 critical spots. Otherwise I think your post is pretty correct.

    I really don't understand the stance on the Steelers being low on talent. I also think you are ridiculous to think they win because of Ben, Brown and Bell only. There isn't a linebacker on your team that I would take over any of the linebackers on the Steelers. I like Sheard but I liked him at Pitt. The jury is still out on Tuitt as he was just a rookie but on the defensive line I'd take only Taylor over McClendon. I'd take both Haden and Gilbert and would love to have Bitonio at the guard spot opposite Decastro. Joe Thomas is very good but at his contract cost I'll take Beachum. Beyond those mentioned guys there isn't a single solitary Brown I would take over any other Steeler. The Browns also bought a good brunt of the talent on the team.

    Martavis Bryant could be the steal of the entire draft, Bell the same the season prior. Antonio Brown as well. See a trend here?