5 star recruit and #1 overall RB for 2016 commits to Ohio State
-
Whatever you say
-
Get him a beer
-
I'm not broken up about it. A guy with no loyalty probably also lacks heart and commitment to the team. If he ends up at Michigan so be it.
-
Interesting mental gymnastics lol
-
Not really. I think you're just being a homer. If you weren't you wouldn't struggle to understand that.
-
Not really. I think you're just being a homer. If you weren't you wouldn't struggle to understand that.
Not really. I think you're just being a homer. If you weren't you wouldn't struggle to understand that.
I'm no fan of Woody's but,, that's just fucked up..
He's being a homer, but of course you are not when calling a kid you've never met "A guy with no loyalty probably also lacks heart and commitment to the team."

-
What do you mean?
Any 17 year old kid that commits to OSU, and then decommits, clearly has loyalty problems, not commitment, and lacks heart....
-
All I'm saying is when the going gets tough you'd rather have a guy who sticks by his commitments than a guy who doesn't. He can do whatever he wants no problem.
-
I think you're trying to rationalize something that if you thought for a minute outside of "woo hoo michigan zomg" and put this into a different context would be perfectly logical.
-
Not really. I think you're just being a homer. If you weren't you wouldn't struggle to understand that.
I'm no fan of Woody's but,, that's just fucked up..
He's being a homer, but of course you are not when calling a kid you've never met "A guy with no loyalty probably also lacks heart and commitment to the team."

I'm no fan of Woody's but,, that's just fucked up..
He's being a homer, but of course you are not when calling a kid you've never met "A guy with no loyalty probably also lacks heart and commitment to the team."

What do you call someone who commits to something and then calls it off at the first sign of adversity?
-
I'm no fan of Woody's but,, that's just fucked up..
He's being a homer, but of course you are not when calling a kid you've never met "A guy with no loyalty probably also lacks heart and commitment to the team."

What do you call someone who commits to something and then calls it off at the first sign of adversity?
What do you call someone who commits to something and then calls it off at the first sign of adversity?
Barry Sanders?
-
Bernie sanders?
-
I'm no fan of Woody's but,, that's just fucked up..
He's being a homer, but of course you are not when calling a kid you've never met "A guy with no loyalty probably also lacks heart and commitment to the team."

What do you call someone who commits to something and then calls it off at the first sign of adversity?
What do you call someone who commits to something and then calls it off at the first sign of adversity?
Adversity?

Maybe Harbaugh just simply gives better head than Urban Cryer..

-
Who cares about recruiting. The big teams will get the best players always. It is about the coaching.
Note: Michifuck probably has players that are no better this year than they had the last several years....yet Harbaugh knows how to coach what he has and the other guys they had there, Hoke and Rodriguez did not.
-
More than one variable exists. Recruiting matters.
-
More than one variable exists. Recruiting matters.
Slightly. Check this out about the #1 high school recruits. About half became college stars. About half not so much. Some became pros.....a couple outstanding. A few may have never even been drafted:
-
This goes back a bit further:
-
They've run analyses on the 4 or 5 recruiting classes that a program signed prior to winning a national championship. I forgot what the conclusion was exactly but I'm almost positive that pretty much every national champion of the BCS era averaged at least in the top 10 on the 4 classes combined. It may be higher. I'll try to find it.
-
If you say "only 50% of 5* recruits get drafted" that might not sound great. But this argument doesn't exist in a vacuum. What is the percentage for 4*s? 3*s? Here's a hint, its worse.
There have been studies on this. Highly rated recruits objectively have a higher chance of succeeding.
Recruiting matters
-
Well, what I am saying is that it is a given that the "big schools" are going to get quality recruits.
I believe that there is very little difference between the talent on the top 25 recruiting classes.
Sure, recruiting matters because the players recruited to go to Ohio State are going to be better than those that go to Akron or other MAC schools. But between the big boys, it is not that significant.
Other factors matter more is all I am saying.
Michigan may have actually had more quality "recruits" go there over the last 15 years than went to Ohio St. But Ohio St. had Jim Tressel and Urban Meyer coaching......and Michigan didn't. That was a far bigger factor.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login