Skip to content

National Signing Day

College Football Forum
62 9 3.3k
  • Michigan football is no longer even relevant. They are not a recruiting powerhouse or flagship program anymore. Michigan State is far superior in that State.

    Ohio State, Bama, USC, UCLA, CLEMSON, Oregon, Florida State, Auburn, TCU, Baylor, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Texas, Michigan State, LSU, Tennessee, Arizona State, Arizona, and Georgia are all FAR more relevant than Michigan.

    Michigan football has been irrelevant since Lloyd Carr left.

  • Michigan football is no longer even relevant. They are not a recruiting powerhouse or flagship program anymore. Michigan State is far superior in that State.

    Ohio State, Bama, USC, UCLA, CLEMSON, Oregon, Florida State, Auburn, TCU, Baylor, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Texas, Michigan State, LSU, Tennessee, Arizona State, Arizona, and Georgia are all FAR more relevant than Michigan.

    Michigan football has been irrelevant since Lloyd Carr left.

    @walterwhite said:

    Michigan football is no longer even relevant. They are not a recruiting powerhouse or flagship program anymore. Michigan State is far superior in that State.

    Ohio State, Bama, USC, UCLA, CLEMSON, Oregon, Florida State, Auburn, TCU, Baylor, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Texas, Michigan State, LSU, Tennessee, Arizona State, Arizona, and Georgia are all FAR more relevant than Michigan.

    Michigan football has been irrelevant since Lloyd Carr left.

    You sure talk about them a lot for being an irrelevant team.....

    .... but a trolls motives are mysterious I guess

  • ESPN ranks OSU class #6

    wishagin #40

    LOL

    @browns149 said:

    ESPN ranks OSU class #6

    wishagin #40

    LOL

    Do you understand how recruiting class rankings are formulated?

  • Who are the #1,4 and 12 backs?

    @erie-dawg said:

    Who are the #1,4 and 12 backs?

    Derrick Green - #1 on Scout and Rivals, #5 on ESPN, #8 on 247

    Ty Isaac - #4 on Rivals, #5 on 247, #7 on Scout

    De'Veon Smith - #11 on Scout, #15 on 247

    Point is, Weber would not have immediately started. Point is, Walter is a moron that knows nothing about what he is talking about.

    He's a troll

  • I'm a troll?

    You're the goo gobbler defending an irrelevant program with an AWFUL recruiting class.

  • 5 star running back Derrick Green led The Wolverines to an impressive 2-4 start before being injured for the entire year and the other 2 jerk offs you mentioned has no significant impact whatsoever.

    EZEKIEL ELLIOT ON THE OTHER HAND POWER-FUFCKED EVERYONE IN HIS PATH.

    Mike Weber, who would have been your #1 is being groomed for the job after Elliot leaves.

  • I also forgot to mention the #1 RB prospect for 2016 Kareem Walker already committed to Ohio State.

  • Oh yes Mr Troll.... you definitely know more about the team from the school I went to than I do, How dare I put up a second opinion.

    Yes, you are a troll. I present facts. You type hate filled, troll, ramblings. You talk more about this "irrelevant" team than you do your own (and by "own", I mean the team you just happened to choose to like, and which you probably have no connection to)

    Carry on troll. I'm done for now

  • Oh yes Mr Troll.... you definitely know more about the team from the school I went to than I do, How dare I put up a second opinion.

    Yes, you are a troll. I present facts. You type hate filled, troll, ramblings. You talk more about this "irrelevant" team than you do your own (and by "own", I mean the team you just happened to choose to like, and which you probably have no connection to)

    Carry on troll. I'm done for now

    @mld-woody said:

    I present facts. You type hate filled, troll, ramblings.

    What a typical faggot Liberal response.

    You don't present "facts". You present your opinion and label anyone who disagrees with it "hate filled" racist, whatever phobic blah blah blah.

    It's a douchey, childish, college campus mentality style of debate.

    Woody I would bitch smack you and I guarantee you wouldn't fight back but instead sob to a police

    Officer and demand I undergo sensitivity training for commiting a hate crime (beating up a gay)

    Everyone here is tired of your childish blathering classroom talk. It's predictable and embarrassing.

  • Not everyone. Just you. Because you are. It's very obvious and most of the political board sees it. Idk what's wrong in your actual life, but spilling it over into here sucks.

    You're a troll. That's a fact. You play some character (I hope). Continue to post dumbass posts. You really don't know what you're talking about.

  • LOL @ Michigan you jealous bitch.

  • God your life must suck haha. I'm happy I could bring you some sense of self worth

  • Well let it be known that walter was not the one who started the name calling.

  • ... My beliefs toward him go back much further than one thread...

  • DREW SHARP

    Sharp: Mike Weber must share blame in his disappointment

    By Drew Sharp, Detroit Free Press Columnist

    1 day ago

    Facebook

    Twitter

    Google Plus

    more

    Kirthmon F. Dozier, Detroit Free Press

    Cass Tech's Mike Weber goes through drills during a practice in 2013.

    Mike Weber isn't a victim. I doubt that anybody used him. I doubt that anybody conned him.

    The star running back from Detroit Cass Tech and his family willingly participated in the nauseating scam that is the college football recruiting process. If they're actually stunned that Ohio State running backs coach Stan Drayton left for a NFL promotion with the Chicago Bears one day after Weber signed with the Buckeyes, can you imagine how they'll react when told that there's gambling in Las Vegas or that politicians might not actually tell you the truth to win your vote?

    Naivety isn't a good look.

    National Signing Day became National Singeing Day for Weber because he thinks he got burned.

    But quite frankly, Weber, who tweeted Thursday that he's "hurt as hell," has only himself to blame if he feels betrayed. The national letter of intent he signed Wednesday committed him to an institution, not an individual. And assistant coaches, especially, always keep one eye on the present and the other eye on their future. Their careers usually involve multiple stops.

    You're only a pawn if you choose to be a pawn. Weber didn't have to sign Wednesday. He didn't have to partake in the football cattle call that has become National Signing Day. He could've announced his decision and waited for a week or a month before signing the letter of intent and committing himself to that university for one academic year. If Weber is as good as the national rankings suggest -- a top-10 running back -- his suitors would've waited. More important, the athlete would exert more control over the procedure.

    But that would conflict with the ego-driven sideshow that has become National Signing Day: high-profile players waiting for the appropriate 10-minute television window to make the moment all about them, engaging in whatever silly, self-serving stunt that comes to mind.

    Weber sounds like a grounded young man. I'm sure the two-year recruiting courtship was pretty stressful for a teenager making perhaps the first adult decision in his young life. But for all the talk about selling relationships, what's actually sold in these players' living rooms during recruiting visits is the business of building a better football player.

    That works to the advantage of the programs that consistently win and produce NFL draft picks -- and, as a result, consistently have other teams recruiting their assistant coaches.

    It's not uncommon for college coaches to wait until immediately following National Signing Day before leaving for another opportunity. They don't care about making the recruits mad. They don't want to make their bosses -- or potential future bosses -- mad, potentially having that "abandonment" stuck to their resumes.

    Why didn't Jim Harbaugh resign from the San Francisco 49ers with a few weeks remaining in the regular season, when it was obvious that the 49ers didn't want him back? If he already was destined for Michigan because the 49ers wouldn't release him to coach in the NFL next season, why couldn't he have bolted early to give him another month on the recruiting trail?

    Harbaugh smartly didn't risk burning any NFL bridges, should he eventually opt to return to the professional ranks. So he "completed the process," if I could borrow some convoluted NFL logic.

    Weber's disappointment is understandable. But I have a hard time believing that these recruits and their families don't understand the probability that the coach recruiting them to a certain program won't be around for the duration of the player's time there.

    The system is flawed. But there's no need for a recruits' Bill of Rights, protecting athletes in circumstances in which they should be more responsible for protecting themselves.

    Contact Drew Sharp: [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @drewsharp.

  • @browns149 said:

    ESPN ranks OSU class #6

    wishagin #40

    LOL

    Do you understand how recruiting class rankings are formulated?

    @mld-woody said:

    Do you understand how recruiting class rankings are formulated?

    ESPN does and that's how they ranked them. I trust ESPN on this more then what you think about it

  • Classes get a ranking based on size and quality. We only had about 16 spots to begin with. We were never going to have a top class, no matter what we did.

    (unless we signed a bunch of extra guys then started "making space" cough cough cough)

  • Lol @ woody. What an asswipe. He thinks because he went to michigan he can speak on authority about their failing football program. What an asshat. He has a "connection" to michigan, lol. Yet he probably never even set foot on their intramural flag football fields, afterall, not even a team of girls would want his little pussy ass to play for them.

    There was a thread where he kept trying to bait me into telling him what school i went to so he could use the same queerish argument.

  • So the savior could only get 16 to sign?

    He will be gone in 3 years or less.

    Soon as a decent NFL teams calls, he's gone

  • Michigan isnt a top destination anymore.

    It's USC, BAMA, UCLA, OSU etc.

    Ohio State is like a Macy's department store.

    Michigan is a shirt laying on the ground.